(See All?) Announcements
388 Users Online
Google, Bing

Rowsgiving
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·

Gobble Gobble!

It may be a little early (or late, if you live in Canada), but the staff would like to extend the opportunity for everyone to participate in a Thanksgiving --or Rowsgiving, because that's cooler. The holiday season is fast approaching, and we know that can be a hard and stressful time for many juggling school, family, or random, chaotic life events, and often that can take a lot of time away from this hobby of ours, so why not start now? Now is a time to focus on the good things in life and stay positive, and indulge a little in our literary escape.

Until December 15th members have the opportunity to receive a super adorable turkey ribbon by starting or participating in a thread where their character expresses their thanks to others. It can be as simple as a pup thanking an adult for giving them their share of a deer leg or a leader thanking their pack for standing by them. We just wanna spread the gratitude! (Also! Since this is a post prompt of sorts, you can claim RE points as well!)

Feel free to share the things you are thankful for in real life too, row-related otherwise :) 

[Image: turkeyribbon_by_euphoriclies-dany8jk.gif]
Happy Rowsgiving!

I could make a very long list of things I am thankful for, but a lot of it is simply a kind of counterpoint to bad things, awareness of the fragility of life--on the whole, the past two years have not been very positive for me, and I guess that's why I'm a bit stuck in the "I'm thankful I'm not X" when, perhaps, I should be thankful for being Y instead?

I dunno. I'm just thankful that sometimes the things left to chance turn out amazing. My cat, Marta, ended up with me because I'd get "the leftover kitten of the litter" and she was the one left after another buyer made their choice. And Marta means everything to me, she's a dork and she's just. Amazing. We're a perfect match.

And Athena, I don't even know where I'd be without her. The fact that I just happened to decide to look for horses at that time, decided I wanted a Shire, decided to go meet her--I don't even know, man, I'm just so glad she's mine. I'm thankful to her breeder for wanting to sell her to me.

Here, have an old and dorky picture of us. xD
let the stars above shine in your soul
I'm thankful that I managed to get a job right after college that's above minimum wage. I know a lot of people struggle with that and, while it's not everything I want, it's definitely better than what a lot of people have and I'm glad I'll be able to afford to repay my loans.

Also thankful for all my friends that have been there for me recently and especially over the last few weeks when my car threw a fit. It's good to know that I'm not alone and that people care about me and support me. And let me borrow their cars when I need to go to work lol

Also me and my coworkers don't agree on a lot of stuff but they gave me a cannoli. And I am always thankful for cannolis
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Happy rowsgiving! Al happy thanksgiving to you silly Americans celebrating thanksgiving so late!

I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to spend the last four years in university, as well that I'm going to be graduating this year. I'm thankful for my friends and family and of course for Mia that dork of a cat. I'm also thankful for all of you guys here <3
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
I'm thankful for how times have change for my family in the past year. About a year and a half ago my dad had lost his job and he was out of work, which had stressed us all out and put us on edge and as a result, I'd had to take a step back from RPG for a while. But now he's got a job again, and I dare say it might even be a hair better than his old one, and I got my scholarship which takes the weight of "how are we going to pay for this?" off of my family's back.

I'm also thankful for my dog, Rudy, whose a handsome chihuahua mini-pin mix and my two cats, Miranda and Gracie who honestly are just the best pets you could ask for. I'm thankful for my friends and I who have managed to stick together through thick and thin and for you guys for being my family for the past five years now, and for putting up with that 13 year old who had no idea what she was doing! You guys helped turn me into the writer I am today and I'll always be thankful for it! <3
[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]