(See All?) Announcements
416 Users Online
Eros, Google, Bing, Adelard, Apollo

life isn't always what you think it be — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
@Serach I'm being vague about Ice and Lena since he hasn't actually threaded with them yet.

There were quite a few reasons Triell had postponed this talk. He had had to recover first. Then he had been lucky to spend a lot of that time pup-sitting. It wasn't like he didn't think anyone else could handle his job. He had faith Spieden and Serach would see to the care of the Bend;he was easily found if they needed a word of advice. But, so far the Bend seemed to be quiet. Finally, they were getting the break they deserved. Life could go on smoothly. In this he found peace he had needed, and he was happy to take a step back. Take the time with his children, and the other puppies. Sit with Naira in hopes of giving her comfort. Now, except when it was awfully cold, he managed to get around with whatever speed of gait he chose. There was no physical reason holding him back.

Then it came to actually wondering. Did he want to take the helm again? In a way he had always felt the Bend belonged to Serach. It had never been given to him until now. A way that the Tainn had never quite envisioned, but had happened none the less. It hadn't sooner because he had never felt Serach had wanted the role. The dark wolf wondered, like Drestig, did having it change his mind? Make him see he was a leader, or rather didn't want to be? More importantly how was his nephew? Was he handling it okay?  It was the one reason Triell felt guilty. It wasn't an easy task being responsible for so many, and he should have checked on the man sooner. Now his father had returned, and Sceral's sister Lena had joined them. How was the new leader of the Bend doing?It was with careful thought, he meandered to the borders, choosing the way he would likely run in to Serach.
(This post was last modified: Dec 21, 2016, 05:17 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
All things considered, life was going well for Serach Donata. Perhaps for the first time in his life, there were no clouds on his immediate horizon. It had resulted in a noticeable effect on his wellbeing and his manner; there was a spring in his step that had not existed at the same time last year. He was happy and healthy, and it clearly showed. His responsibilities did not seem to weigh so heavy upon his shoulders, and when he took to the pack's borders to mark them with his scent, he cheerfully lifted his leg to proudly declare that things were good with the Bend for all those who wandered by to know.

Today was no different. Nose lowered to the ground, the leader was investigating the scent of a passerby fox when he heard the soft crunch of distant footsteps. Lifting his head, he took a few steps towards the sound and picked up the scent of Triell, which was odd but not unwelcome. His uncle had spent most of the time watching after his most recent litter rather than patrolling the pack's territory. Curious, he moved toward it, following the sound of footfalls and the familiar scent until he saw the distinctive ebony figure against the white snow and barren trees. "Triell!" he called, approaching with a smile and a wag of his tail. "It's been a while since I've seen you out here. Everything alright?"
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Quietly, the dark Tainn watched as the silver and white figure made his way over to him. The Donata seemed to be getting the hang of his new rank. It pleased the Tainn to see his nephew going about his duties. If it all came naturally. It reminded him of his parents, and how at least one had been able to teach him. Now her son was protecting what she had left behind, holding the place of leadership. But, as always he could still see the boy. The one who had lost things, and had struggled. But despite it all, he had never fallen too far. He had become a strong man. Three years the Bend had been his home, and they had had a lot thrown at them. Triell was taking a moment to think of it all, and hope he had done right by his family.

There was a brief drop to the dark man's facade as Serach greeted him. It probably was odd for Triell to have come all this way. He hoped his sudden appearance wasn't alarming. A howl hadn't been necessary. But, in similar leading like fashion he asked if things were okay. "Yes, they are." He smiled, giving an off beat of his lowered tail. "I came here to see how things are with you. I feel bad all the responsibility you've had to take on, but I"m proud of you none the less." There was another wag, and he settled to his haunches. "Being a leader what you thought?" Might as well just break right into the subject, and find out how he truly felt. 
(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2016, 07:37 PM by Triell.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
Triell certainly seemed fine, and that was relieving to Serach. They rarely crossed paths these days for any kind of deep conversation, never mind actively seeking each other out. But the response was positive and Serach's tail gave a wag in response to Triell's own. There was no beating around the bush though, and as the older man slipped to his haunches it became clear that this was not going to be a short conversation. His brow furrowed as he followed suit, brain processing the question and attempting to figure out how to respond. It wasn't going to be a particularly cheerful one either; at least he didn't think so. Discussions about responsibility were never fun. Maybe that was a good place to start with his response?

"Well..." he decided to start there, not quite sure what to say. "There's no reason to feel bad - it's not your fault you got kicked. Accidents happen, even to the best of us," Serach offered a smile. He was certainly not the best hunter among them, and he had suffered his own share of injuries as a result of hunts gone awry. He had known that Ruenna felt responsible for it all, but Serach certainly did not blame the girl and he doubted Triell did either. But there was no point dwelling on that - he couldn't put off Triell's real question forever. Looking down to his paw, hoping that the right words would magically appear in the cream furs, he tried to decide how to respond.

"I don't know that I ever really thought about it, to be honest," he finally decided, looking up to meet his uncle's gold eyes. "Things have been going okay, I think. So I don't know that I've really had to experience any of the stresses of leadership yet."
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
The Tainn was happy his nephew took a comfortable seat in turn, his pale face obviously thoughtful. He didn't seem to hold it against him, not that he thought he would have. He easily chuckled at his choice of words. "True," he agreed. He remembered when Serach had been a yearling and gotten his own kick. Thankfully, it hadn't been as bad. It had been its own learning experience. Which he hoped this hunt had been for the other young ones. While he did realize how Ruenna seemed held up on the event, he wasn't sure if it would be remedied.

But the younger man didn't seem to know what to think, or least say to his question. With a still expression he gave him all the time he needed. It was understandable. "Well, I always wondered if you would want to be like your father and mother. But, you always seemed content to just be yourself  instead of thinking you had to be a leader right off." Which, wasn't a bad thing. He felt it actually better for him. "But, until I had left I had no idea Drestig would care for leadership as he did, so I was just curious how you felt about it." He shrugged his shoulders, a half smile to his dark muzzle. "As for stresses, I think you have. Leadership isn't being in charge, it's taking care of those in your charge. You seem to be all over the place to do just that." Even before he had taken the role upon himself, he had helped with the puppies, and borders. Making sure there were few hungry bellies.
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2017, 08:10 PM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
If there was one word Serach could use to describe Triell, it had to be patient. The older man waited quietly while Serach picked through his thoughts and tried to articulate what it was he was feeling. Triell had always been a steady hand in the midst of the chaos that was Serach's younger life and he had grown so accustomed to it that he wasn't sure how he would react if the patriarch had been more urgent in requesting an answer. Especially for something this important, because even as Serach answered, or rather gave his nonanswer, he wondered why Triell was seeking him out and asking him now.

Ears perking, he listened quietly as Triell explained his reasons. His brow furrowing, he contemplated further. He had always wondered why Triell had presumably remained content to stay under Drestig's leadership, but perhaps the answer was that he hadn't - Drestig had just been more determined to stay on top. Shaking his shoulders, he tossed his head and looked up and away from Triell's steady golden gaze, worried for the first time that this was some kind of test to determine if Serach and Drestig were more similar than the younger man wanted to admit.

"I suppose I looked at it differently..." he said after a moment, turning his head to meet Triell's eyes once more. "I never saw leading the Bend as something I was entitled to just because of my parents. The Bend's always been my home, though, and to me that means I have a duty to protect it and see it thrive, regardless of role or rank." It wasn't a common way of viewing it, Serach knew. He had clashed more than once with Darrah over the notion of who should inherit the Bend after Triell was no longer at its helm. But a notion of heirs had not been a concept taught to him by his parents. Maybe it would have been if circumstances had been different, but if they had spoken to the adults about what they hoped for Serach and Sceral, they had not shared it with their sons. "I suppose I tried to do that most this spring, you're right," he acknowledged with a dip of his head. "It's hard to sit on the sidelines when you've got 3 litters to care for." He cracked his lips in a smile and shrugged his shoulders in a "still can't believe it" kind of way.

But he hadn't fully answered the question yet, and Triell deserved one. "I can't say I hate it - being a leader. I like being able to make the decisions that I think are going to help the pack." That was the truth and hopefully something that Triell could understand. "But I think everybody is just waiting for it to pass; I'm only keeping the seat warm so to speak. So I guess my question for you is do you want it back?" What would he do if the answer was yes? He still wasn't sure.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Sorry for the wait. <3 I've had the want to post, but like what are words? Then started to try and Triell would just not shut up.  He wants to condense all the things. It makes me want a more current one for these boys and their changes.

There were two reasons Triell did not draw a thing line between him and Drestig. One, what respect he had left for him, and second afraid if he had picked a fight it would have hurt the pack further.  Despite his own anger and frustration at the man's way of dealing with it all he had patiently waited to see what his true motives were. They day he'd called them all, wanting to move them the Tainn did not believe many would follow. But, he still stood by to see for himself, to know. Why he didn't agree, nor felt Drestig understood those of the Bend, he had always done what was best for everyone else. No one wanted to go. Then there had been no need to challenge him in turn with his swift departure. Everything went back to what it had been. The odd composure of chaos and order that life dealt the ones who remained. It seemed Jessie and Drestig had what they had sought. A new pack, and child of their own. Maybe, a lesson how life came with seasons good and bad.

The Uncle wasn't disappointed he needed a moment to gather his thoughts. In fact it made him more impressed with how he took the time. Thinking. Triell never thought him nor Sceral had felt privileged. It was more if there was to be a following in the footsteps of their parents, taking what had been theirs. "I never thought you or Sceral felt it was owed to you. I guess I meant more if you had it in your blood to rise up. Be like them. Perhaps continue with families of your own. They came to this place, founded it for you two. I've been the one who felt like I was merely a place holder. Waiting until you two were old enough to continue what your parents had left behind." There was a sad smile there. Bittersweet were the memories left. Nayeli had changed that for him when she decided to stay. Make the Bend her home. She was no longer here, and the changes kept coming.

The smile stretched into something of awe, and pride as Serach realized what he'd already done, adding words of his own wisdom. It did a piece of his heart good to know Serach felt this way. "As it should be to any pack wolf," he agreed. He imagined things would turn out better if more had the out look. "It has always been why I've never been thoroughly concerned with what title I have. I would never do less than I am able." Even though his injury had prevented him from some time, he had still tried to do what he could.
A small chuckle sounded in agreement about the matter of litters. He would have never thought they would have had such circumstances. But, even if Aponi hadn't been Naira's he would have never cast her out. Him and Spieden were not in any place to throw the other. Those puppies had done a great good to bring them all together, and brighten the darkness.

"Some wolves would have gladly stood aside, especially since it wasn't any of their doing," he commented. The fathers of the other litters came to mind, and many a lazy wolf who had come and gone. Serach could have balked to do more than his fair share, but hadn't.  "These days I see less of  the young boy you were." He let his eyes rest upon him, perhaps a twinkle in his eye, a hint of his pride. "But, I am glad I have been able to witness you grow."

There was the question. Was it Triell's to take back? Did he want it? His dark face smoothed, and he began observing the length of a tree. "When it came to Drestig I was surprised he didn't throw it back to me when I returned. Immediately I worried it meant no one felt it was my place to have back so I waited, hoping to understand. Maybe, it wasn't the best thing for the pack. But, he avoided me, and was never quite clear about his intention to move us. I hated him for it. It was hard not to start a challenge. I feared what it could cause. We didn't need to be divided." He wasn't ever sure anyone had ever understood why he had done what he had, and wanted it to be known now. Sometimes he was not sure in what light his nephew thought of him. The Tainn always worried he did not quite reach the mark with all his failings. "When Drestig called the meeting I had to know what the rest of you felt. Maybe, I didn't know the pack as I thought." Doubt was a hard thing to kill, especially once it had already started.

"I realized  he never quite truly understood why this was home to the rest of us. Didn't understand the bonds that tied us together. I wasn't really  surprised no one would follow him. But, seeing for myself made it easier to take what I felt was my place. Let him  move on with what he felt was right for him." This was not quite the same. But, it was all the more reason he had to know what was in Serach's heart.  "It's just made me want to be sure of things. Cause the only way I want my title back is if you don't want it. Can't handle it.  I have a habit of carrying burdens." There was a faint smirk as fiery eyes met yellow-green. Triell shook his head in disagreement. "I think you are doing well. It seems to me  you understand what it is to care for a pack no matter where you stand. The importance. The Bend will always be something more to you, and everyone here knows that. I don't think they would find it strange if you keep as leader. All of this does make it easy to remain your second, especially if it gives a chance for another line of Donata's."
(This post was last modified: Feb 20, 2017, 09:57 PM by Triell. Edit Reason: typos i always miss )
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
My turn to apologize for the wait <3 Things just got a bit out of hand.

Breathing in deep, Serach's pale shoulders rolled back and he tossed his head. It was a poor attempt to try and get the jumble of thoughts to settle into a place in some semblance of order. It had felt like such a long time since he and Triell had sat down and had a heart to heart, and while it was always welcome, it didn't stop it from being emotionally draining. Hearing his uncle put into words the practical realities of what their situation meant forced him to confront them head on in a way he had unconsciously tried to push down into the depths of his mind. High on that list? The possibility of starting his own family come springtime. All of this does make it easy to remain your second, especially if it gives a chance for another line of Donata's.

He let that thought hang in the air, filling the silence between them while he tried to process everything that Triell had just said. He wasn't sure where to begin, honestly, and he turned his head to look at Triell and offered a small smile. "I always wondered what had happened with Drestig," he said, his voice quiet. There was a lot of regret there, the conversation bringing back with painful clarity just how a younger Serach had left his relationship with Drestig and Jessie. "I suppose a part of me has been waiting for this conversation to happen for the same reason. I'm not intending on announcing of moving the pack," he shuddered at the idea, and his smile grew. No, anybody who knew Serach Donata at all knew he would never willingly part with his home. "But it's been hard to shake the feeling that I'm not merely holding down the fort while you recover. And I should have approached you about it sooner - I'm sorry I haven't." He didn't want Triell to feel as though he had been following Drestig's example and actively avoiding the Tainn patriarch.

Clearing his throat, he breathed deep once more while he searched for the rest of the words. "I'm glad you have faith in me, and I truly hope the rest of the pack does as well...or at least are willing to give me a chance, because I don't want to step down. I do want it, although I suppose it remains to be seen if I can truly handle it." His smile was sheepish and he gave an easy wag of his tail against the ground. "But I hope I don't let you down and make you feel like you need to pick up after me, and take back the burden." That would be a failure on too many levels for him to begin to comprehend. "I just hope the others agree and are willing to put their trust in me."