(See All?) Announcements
424 Users Online
Bing, Baidu, Google, Apollo

and you're careful not to show it — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
A plan, and idea formed his mind was made up. Despite how hard it was, he wasn't going to change it. There was a peace found, and he would hold to it. But, leader or not, he would always be one at heart and had to check on the rest of the pack. He needed to see what others thought of Spieden's leave, and Aponi's new reign. Try to ease what tensions there may be. Then let them know his own intentions, and say his good byes while he had the chance. He would not ask any to go as Drestig. He didn't expect any would. They deserved to know why, and that though he was going with his own family he had good faith in Serach and Aponi. They would understand or they wouldn't. 

So when he caught the bright, golden coat of Leotie he figured he might as well start here. "You all right, Leotie?" He asked, stopping, dark brows slightly, pulled together, as he took in the sight of her own facade. She seemed to hold a question, and he wondered if he could help answer it. This had to all be really weird to her, and he hoped to ease her mind. 
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Even now after some time had passed Leotie was still having some trouble processing what had happened between Aponi and Speiden. She also worried what would happen next and how it might affect her. She didn't want to be the one to think of herself but in times like this she felt it necessary. As she went about her routine she felt an uneasiness that she didn't like but she knew she would feel better once things had settled down and she knew what was going to happen. Leotie also thought if she understood what had happened that it might help to put her mind at ease. All she had to do was find the right wolf to ask and that opportunity just happened upon her.

The dark pelt of Triell caught her eye and she knew he was the one to ask about what had happened. He'd always been patient with her and she hoped he would be now. However, he beat her to the punch, at his question she shook her head, “I'm not really sure,”

she told him truthfully, “I don't understand why Aponi and Speiden would fight no one did anything to stop it. Where I come from fighting wasn't allowed and always broken up when it did happen,” she explained feeling that he needed to know why she didn't understand. Leotie hadn't ever been free spoken when it came to the details of where she came from.

(This post was last modified: Dec 26, 2016, 11:51 PM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn

The answer wasn't one he was fond of, but he appreciated her honesty. It cleared some of his own uncertainty. Without stepping around, she went straight to it. Aponi and Spieden. The challenge was not familiar because she hadn't been raised in a pack. He hadn't forgotten that about her, but the lady elaborated what made it even more strange. Where she had come from fighting would have been stopped. Was she wondering why Serach or himself hadn't intervened? How should he explain?

His dark facade drew in thoughtfulness. "That's a good question. When you put it like that, I can see why you'd ask." He paused, collecting the ideas. "Out here we have to have order. We keep that ourselves so we have ranks high to low. Highest,as I was, takes care of the pack. Make sure there is food, and others are safe.  If we fight it is usually against those that would harm us. But, what happened with Aponi, and Spieden was a rank challenge." It was hard to pull their names from his lips, and his eyes gently turned to her bright blue pair before continuing. "In a pack sometimes wolves want to change where they stand. If I wanted to be leader I would need to fight Serach and win. If I couldn't beat Serach how would I fight a trespasser?" 

He let that sink in, but found himself not quite confident in what he was about to say. "Aponi wanted to be leader so she challenged Spieden. She..she could have submitted, but she chose to fight for her rank and sadly lost. It's just how life is out here..." Then, he really didn't want to say more about it, and sealed his lips for a minute. Hoping he hadn't lost her, and yet looking at her like she may have something more to ask.

(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2016, 02:46 AM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Explaining to him why what happened didn't make sense seemed the best course of action because she felt it would better help him to help her understand. It was what she wanted to understand what had happened. Even though she had been on her own or with the bend for over a year now she knew there were still things she didn't know and that she still needed to learn. She hoped Triell would be able to help her as he always did.

She nodded when he complimented her question glad that she had made some sense. As he spoke explaining to her about the ranks she listened carefully taking into consideration what he said. Some she already knew and understood but the rest helped put other things into perspective for her. Her ears perked a little when he told her that the two women had been in a rank challenge. Then he explained what exactly a rank challenge was. Things were starting to fall into place for the agouti female. When he asked the question about beating a trespasser she remembered when she had come across Askan, he wasn't a trespassers but she knew nothing about him so therefore she couldn't know if he was stronger or not. “I suppose you wouldn't and no one stopped the fight because it had to be finished, there had to be a victor,” she replied to show her understanding.

He was explaining things to her in a way that helped but as he faltered for a moment she felt that what had happened bothered him. She wondered how many others in the pack it bothered. “I have learned how hard life can be out here and it's sad that Speiden lost her rank to Aponi but she seems like she can care for the pack in the ways that you said. If she's the stronger female than she should be the one who leads next to Serach, right?” That was how it made sense to her from the way that he had explained it to her. “So Aponi will be lead female but what happens next for the pack? Everything will be okay won't it?” Sure there was tension after what had happened but she thought that would die down and life would go back to normal.

(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2016, 03:59 AM by Leotie.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
At the pull of the quiet, he could tell she was putting it together in a sensible manner. Why she may not be accustomed to certain things, Leotie seemed the logical type. Her comment assuring him, he hadn't failed in his own words. "Exactly. There can only be one female leader." Why it was usually a bit more for who had right of pups as  why the ranks were of each gender, in Oak Tree Bend he felt like touching on that subject would only cause more confusion. Or Aponi would have been thrown out on her butt. Some may have wanted to protest Naira. That hadn't been the case.

Ears tipped attentively, and wisely she spoke. Though it was hard for him to suddenly agree, even if it was the truth when put in such a way. There was a draw of breath, and his eyes drifted for a moment. "Yes, that is the way it goes. Come spring they could be the ones to bring a litter, which is the future of every pack. A pack needs a future." He wasn't sure if they would, but it seemed a high possibility.

There was something more, wasn't there always? Would things be okay? Before he wouldn't have had a second thought about assuring someone. Now he had his doubts.

The Tainn knew how he acted, what he said was important. He nodded, about Aponi being lead now. Then he shifted slightly, smoothed his features, and kept his tone sincere. "Things will be a bit different. But, I know her and Serach will look after the Bend. It has always been his family's, and I know he cares about its future. I think in time everything will be okay. I feel like I should tell you Spieden and her children aren't the only ones going. I'm taking Naira and my children back to the west where I was raised. It's not because I don't like it here, or don't like Aponi. I just feel it's time I did something for myself. Let Serach take the lead without me." There wasn't more to it then that. Plain and simple it was the basis of his feelings. He didn't feel she would scorn him for being honest. He wanted Leotie to know it would be okay, and hope before he was gone she understood everything  that was happening.
(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2016, 05:03 AM by Triell.)
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Again he showed her the same patience he had before and she was grateful to him for taking the time to explain what had happened between Aponi and Speiden to her. Now that she better understood she could see that it was the natural order of things. That as ugly and sad as it had been it was also a way to decide who was more capable of filling the rank that was being fought over. Leotie didn't like it, in fact she'd never liked fighting but she had learned a long time ago that things happened out here that she had to accept whether she liked it or not. Triell confirmed that what she had said and been thinking was correct and she was glad that she was understanding him correctly.

He also explained about Serach and Aponi bringing pups into the pack and how the pups were the future of the pack. This she considered to be part of the order he spoke of, that needed to happen within the pack. She understood that too and if they didn't she assumed it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen, there would be the next year. At least she hoped that would be the case for the sake of the bend.

As to her question about things being okay he seemed pretty confident that they would though it worried her how different they would be. However he was confident that Serach and Aponi could take care of the pack and that things would turn out okay. “I don't doubt they will do a good job,” she stated, “Serach seems like he wants good things for the pack from what I've seen while I've been here.” While she had been worried before Triell’s words and confidence in the two leaders helped her feel better about the situation.

Speiden was taking her pups and leaving though she didn't think the woman had a reason to leave she understood. After what had happened she might be afraid of what would happen like Leotie had been and she hadn't been involved.

It was what he said about him taking Naira and the children and heading west that had her ears flatten against her head and her eyes dropping to her paws. Leotie didn't want Triell to go and she didn't know what the bend without him in it. She understood wanting to do something for himself and if he thought Serach could take care of the pack without him then he should do what he thought was best for himself and his family. “I don't want to see you go,” she told him quietly her gaze lifting to meet his, “For as long as I've been here you have too and I can't imagine what it would be like without you in the bend but I understand you wanting to do something for yourself.” Leotie felt she was at the point where she had to make a choice of whether she wanted to stay under the leadership of Serach and Aponi or do as Triell was and do for herself. She wasn't sure the bend could be her home any longer without Triell there, he was the one she trusted most.

(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2016, 12:35 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
It was nice to hear she didn't doubt their abilities. No one should, and if he was going, it would make it just a tiny bit easier to know how those behind felt. At least he told himself he couldn't go any other way. He had a heart that would never let him live like that. Right now he felt like no one needed to be harshly judged. Everyone had to make their own choices.

At his admittance of his own departure, he saw its immediate affect. Sadly, this would just be the first of it. Why, it was his want to reach out and comfort her, he gently looked at her, letting her speak her piece. Most bravely, she said the words he was sure everyone else would. No one, not even him had thought it would necessarily come to this. He felt for her, as he did everyone else. But, he knew what he wanted to do. What would be better for him, and Naira. Softly, he nodded in agreement, in understanding. Her words made him both happy and sad. Those feelings would probably be in unity for awhile. 

"Thank you for understanding Leotie. I know wherever I may land, I plan to keep an ear on the Bend." Leaving would make it harder on those left, but he wasn't going to stay just to stay. A sad smile shifted on his lips. "You would be welcome to come with us if you like, but that is your choice." It hadn't been his intention to invite anyone else. But under the circumstances he felt like he should make the offer. Leotie had come a long way from the hunt with the sheep, but he hoped whatever she wanted to do it would be what she wanted, and what she was comfortable with.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

The confidence he felt in Serach and Aponi helped her to feel that things in the bend would turn out. She felt Serach had already proven himself as a good leader since he had taken over after Triell's injury. Though she didn't know Aponi well what she did know was the woman seemed the reasonable type. She would have Serach by her side if she needed help in leading the pack. It would be something the pack would have to get used to but she felt they would just as they had before. She supposed a lot of the tension was the way it had all happened.

It was disappointing to hear that Triell wanted to leave the bend and return to where he had been raised. Leotie knew that she had to look past whatever she was feeling about it and consider that he felt it was what he felt best. Still she felt that he needed to know how she felt before he left, she wanted to be honest with him. In the end she couldn't fault him for wanting to do something for himself when he had been a leader, she didn't know for how long, and had put the pack first. Maybe it really was time for him to consider what he wanted and if that was moving on from the bend then it was what he had to do.

“It's not hard to understand your reasons but I'm glad that you still want to be aware of what's going on in the bend.” To her it meant that he wasn't totally writing everyone off and that perhaps they could all still be friendly. Then he surprised her by offering for her to come with them. She didn't think making the choice to go with him was hard, what was hard was facing her fear of crossing the borders. In the end she knew she would have to do it why not with Triell. After taking a moment to consider his words and what she felt was best for her she finally spoke, “I would like to come with you, I think it's the best choice for me.”

(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2016, 08:23 PM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
New leaders alone were testing grounds for pack. The loss of members more so. Aponi and Serach would soon learn if they had what it took. He'd leave them to it. He had made sure it hadn't died, and now it was their turn. He'd like to think he had done enough, good and bad to start a new chapter.

Why likely, his departure wouldn't make much sense to anyone, he was trying not to care at this point. It had always been about family, and it still was. The structure of it had changed. He needed to protect his immediate family. Give them something to have when he was gone. So it was time to cut the cord to his nephew, no doubt he would have a family of his own. If the others saw all that he had done as nothing just because he'd go, then so be it. It would only make him wish he had done it sooner for so little it had meant. He tried still to be hopeful of civility, and understanding. The better of him was preparing for the worst....

"It's founders have always been family to me, and I did my best to keep it going for them. It's time to let a new reign have it." If she inquired more he had no qualms explaining. She seemed as interested in history as he.  An ear turned, and politely his eyes scanned the snow as she seemed to think over what he offered. He wasn't necessarily surprised when she answered. He had felt a friendship with her, and trust in turn. Dark tail steadily beat, feeling a new light. He thought she would enjoy seeing more of the Lore, and it would be nice to have another adult on their journey. Now he could happily smile. "You will like the west, and Naira and the children will be glad to hear we don't go alone." He gave a swift nudge of his forehead to her neck. "When you are ready, Naira is waiting outside the borders. I just need to speak to Ice, and Serach and we will be off."