(See All?) Announcements
607 Users Online
Claw, Bing, Google, Apollo, Juniper

tell me how vile i already know i am — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
All welcomed to have some fun and discover cool stuff with Piety!
Territory Creation: (for reference about where this is, give or take: the white leaf)
Name: to be decided
Location Image: here
Description: ___ is the product of a runoff water source not too far away. Located in the southern regions of Larkcall Lowlands it resembles a pit that goes down about ten feet to reach the pool of water. When you get closer you notice multiple tiny waterfall-like sources that feed into the shallow pool at the bottom. In the winter and late fall the pool freezes over, making for a good skating area for pups and adults alike. In the warmer months, the water stays cool thanks to constant flow and the shade's protection. With some stones in and against the walls of the pit, it is not impossible to reach the pool perhaps just tricky.

YOU ARE SO FRAGILE AND THIN
STANDING TRIAL FOR YOUR SINS
HOLDING ON TO YOURSELF THE BEST YOU CAN
YOU ARE THE SMELL BEFORE RAIN
YOU ARE THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS

With the growth in numbers and the lack of prey she found herself away from the great monadnock more often. With care, she never took longer than two days on any of her trips. She had grown fond of Whitestone Monadnock and those she was familiar with. The fact that she hadn't done anything for Morganna to take her other ear was enough of a sign that maybe she worked well there.

She trudged along as she looked for anything that might be worth bringing home. There was something in the distance. A hole in the ground? She carefully crept closer not wishing to get trapped in some ditch in the middle of nowhere. The closer she got the more she realized this wasn't just some pit. There were little streams and very small waterfalls that led downwards into the pit if they weren't frozen. All of the water was frozen in fact. And it seemed snow piled up over what she assumed to be a shallow pond or pool at the bottom.

Her head pushed outwards to try and look down the pit more. There were a few stones she could likely mosey down to reach the bottom but she was curious as to how safe that would be.

"speech"

(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2017, 01:31 AM by Piety.)
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael
@Piety C:

The only reason he spotted her white coat against the snowy background was because he'd been patrolling in a dip in the terrain that left her contrasted to the surprisingly cloudless sky. It was unlikely that more snow would dump on them with such a sky, for which Wraith was grateful. He'd weathered the worst of the storm in the Highlands and was ready for a sunny day or two. Having seen her around the den, he could only surmise she was one of the new members. How new was difficult to say; he had been gone for quite some time.

Even at this distance, he could spot the missing ear and frowned, reminded of a story @Morganna once told him of a white she-wolf whose ear she had ripped clean off. If he recalled, she'd kept it when they were still at Willow Ridge. Best to keep that story to himself, he supposed, already trotting to catch up with her.

The black male woofed out a warning that he was flanking her - she moved surprisingly fast through the thick snow - and wagged his tail over his back to communicate he had no ill will. "Mind if I join you?" he asked, resisting the urge to tug at her present ear as he would with Morganna or Craw. Perhaps some day, they would be as familiar. Honestly, if it were @Capable or @Greer wandering off, he wouldn't have minded, but he found himself off-kilter around so many he didn't trust. Under the guise of getting to know her better, Wraith was truthfully using it as an opportunity to spy on her and evaluate her loyalty to the pack for himself.

[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
Thanks for joining <3 @Wraith
SOMETIMES THINGS WILL BEND YOU BUT TRUST ME YOU'LL BE FINE
I'VE BEEN MOVING MOUNTAINS I ONCE HAD TO CLIMB
AND LIFE'S NOT OUT TO GET YOU
DESPITE THE THINGS YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH

Had there not been a warning bark she would have been utterly scared and slipped into the pit. So as she composed herself she offered a polite smile. Her tail wagged in friendly greeting.

"Mind if I join you?"

He smelt heavily of Craw and Morganna. He was obviously one of their own. Just like she would greet Lorcan she bumped her nose into the scruff around his neck. Yet she did this gently unsure how he would act. "It'd be a pleasure to have you." Her muddy eyes lit up with kindness and excitement. "Especially because I don't believe we've met yet. My name is Piety." A grin plastered her face as she waited to see how and who he'd introduce himself as.

The pale woman's eyes flicked back tot he pit. "Have you ever seen this before?" Her nose pointed down into the pit as she carefully lowered herself to get a better look. She let her head hang over the edge but was careful to not slip down. "I was looking for something to hunt or scavenge but I ran into this and I'm not exactly sure what to make of it." Still in her crouched position her head turned to look back at Wraith.

"speech"

# C W T
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

Wraith blinked with surprise and smiled warmly as she greeted him with a gentle nose to his scruff. Pleased, he wagged his tail faster. She earned his approval for that, at least. The male, despite his intimidating size, was heavily reliant on physical shows of affection. Grateful that she'd not been intimidated and was polite, he touched his own nose to her crown, offering a lick.

His smile faltered as she introduced herself. That name... He knew he'd heard it before, but placing it was another matter entirely. Rather than muddle through it with her now, he chased away the sense of deja vu and nodded. "I'm Wraith. I'm sorry I wasn't here to greet you and the others when you first joined. I'm afraid I was off on important business that could not be delayed."

It felt like a lame excuse. Especially because his mission had been an afterthought by Craw to make his absence worth it when in reality, he had originally left to make peace with his own ghosts. Not that Miss Piety would know that.

Amber eyes followed her gaze to the pit and he shook his head. "Can't say I have. I usually scout for herds to the west." Mirroring her curiosity, Wraith tracked along the outer edge of the pit and finally gave in to the reckless need to fully explore a new area. He bounded right down the step-like icy formation and promptly slipped, managing to catch himself at the last second. Amused and mostly embarrassed, he tossed a grin up at Piety. "Slippery."

(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2017, 02:46 AM by Wraith.)
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
READY, BUT AT PEACE
MY PHILOSOPHY IS THAT
I KNOW HOW THE STORY GOES
JUST TO SEE SOME STEADY FLOW, BACKWARDS

The lick to her crown was greatly appreciated. It was perhaps a gentle sign of acceptance, or that was how she took it at least. He was large but she lived among Craw's ranks. That man alone was large enough to almost seem godly. She had to silently wonder if the two were perhaps related somehow.

His apologies were met with a gentle laugh. "No need to apologize for such a thing, @Wraith. You were doing a task and no one can be mad at you for that." Her tail wagged behind her with a joyous beat. He was a polite one indeed. That she could admire. It seemed that with some luck she hadn't run into any truly wicked wolves up in the north yet. The pale woman was content to keep it like that for as long as she could too.

Her head nodded softly listening to his words and her eyes followed his movement. She couldn't hold back a soft chuckle as he slipped. Large and apparently not the most graceful wolf in the lands. "Be careful now, not sure anyone would be happy with me bringing you home injured. Let alone in the winter time." Once he reached the bottom she rose to her feet and followed him down. The Santoro female was sure to not make the same slippery mistake he had made on his way down.

"speech"

# C W T
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

"Heh. I'll be fine." He wasn't usually so false-footed. In fact, Craw and Morganna knew him for being the most sure of his placement, so the slip up let him feeling like some dumb pup. He hadn't slipped like that in ages. Shoving it behind him - far, far behind in the way, way back of his mind - Wraith dipped his head to sniff around and determined that no other wolves frequented this place and called it their own.

It was a bit far to be considered for their territory, but Wraith knew how ambitious Craw could be. If he had a mind to take the territory, he'd add it to the queue of areas to patrol. One day, the man would have all the north. King of the North. Wraith snorted at the idea. Knowing Craw, he'd love the title.

Finding rocks that jut out from the ice, Wraith made his way farther down until he reached the smooth surface of the frozen pool at the pit's bottom. With a chuckle to himself, he made a running jump so that he could slide along the pool. Digging his dull claws in, he skid to a stop and looked up to bark out a playful challenge to @Piety to join him.

(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2017, 02:57 AM by Wraith.)
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
@Wraith
AND THE WORST OF THE WILDIFE
WEARS CLOTHES AND CAN PRAY
THE WORRY, THE WONDER
FOR THREE MEALS A DAY

Piety was enjoying his company. He wasn't perhaps as gentle as Lorcan but he wasn't as brash as Craw or Morganna may be. The dark male fell somewhere in between. Not into the black zone and not merely white. He was his very own shades of gray. She liked to believe she was on the whiter spectrum of things but maybe she too fell into that gray zone. She obviously wasn't as pious as she once was.

As she reached the bottom she noticed his large form slide across the ice. There was her songbird laughter before he playfully barked. Her front end dropped and back end raised, tail waved high but in a merely playful manner. A rather feminine bark was offered back and she pounced. Her paws met the ice and she slid towards him, hoping to use his body as a shield from falling.

If he would allow her too, she attempted to nip at her chest in her childish mood. What was the issue with a little wrestling on the ice? Nothing! Except for the copious amounts of injuries that could happen. But the pale woman was fairly certain they would be fine for now. The frozen pond was surrounded by some snow so there was always that to land on if one of them got knocked over.

"speech"

# C W T
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

It had been far too long since the brute had the time to play. His mission North had been filled with heartbreak and revival paired with tales of death and deceit. He missed his time playing with Craw and Morganna like this and the rare times he could cajole Greer to join as well. Maybe he could invite the lad down this way one day with Kara and Odin. The pups would no doubt love it. Both of them deserved a good shove in, based on all that he was hearing of their behavior since he'd been gone.

@Piety's laughter encouraged his own, his baritone voice echoing around the pit. It only brought more laughter even as she slid into his chest and tugged the fur there. Dropping his head along one side of her, Wraith gave a decent shove to send her back the other way before scrambling in another direction. It was such a puppy thing to do and he loved it. Yes. Maybe tomorrow, they could get the rest of the pack out here for a game or two. Perhaps a hunt after. The image left him smiling widely.

"Race you back up?" he asked, brows lifted as he smirked. Of course, the brute felt no qualms about cheating and raced ahead, bounding up the frozen falls with far more grace than he'd descended them.

Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
STAY UNDER MY SKIN
TEAR ME LIMB FROM LIMB
PLAGUE ME TO AN END
FOR NOW I'LL LEARN & SETTLE FOR LESS

As she slid back across the ice from her push she laughed. Barely noticing his question and that he'd already taken off. "Hey!" The pale woman barked out and scrambled to get off of the ice. Already taking off after him. "No fair! Slow down!" Her long limbs didn't mean she was graceful. She slipped a bit on the way up trying to stay hot on his trail. Her claws could be heard scraping across the surface.

She reached the top and tried to run into his side. With the intent to either knock him over or get him to stumble. He was fairly big but the bigger they were the harder they fell, right? If he did fall she intended to stand right over his large form. She laughed and barked again. "Don't be a cheater! Leaving me on the ice back there." The pale Santoro couldn't hold back the laughter from her words. She felt a little bit out of breath but that was okay because the adrenaline from playing had her fueled with energy. When was the last time she got to act so childish and romp about?

Her teeth went to offer him another nip. She had learned to be more open about being touched and touching with Lorcan. The two always exchanged rather nice physical greetings. "Weeelll since you beat me do you wanna name this place? I mean no one else is here to name it or no one else has bothered announcing it." She shrugged and let her muddy eyes look at the dark man's face with a certain curiosity.

"speech"

# C W T