(See All?) Announcements
584 Users Online

the world can be abundant — White Fir Notch 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 91 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
set for right after flowers in a bear skull || takes place near the communal den @Emrys

The duo hadn't talked too much on the way back towards the den. It seemed both of them were beyond eager to get back to the shelter. Heigen had no doubt others would be there. That didn't bother him much, though. It just meant den would be warm. Not to mention the tawny man still had Emrys to talk to. A pale man who he learned was rather kind.

"Do believe we're almost there." He mumbled as he kept plowing on. Heigen knew the den would appear in sight soon. The scent of everyone collected together grew stronger the more they headed in this direction. All the Colette was waiting for was the shadow to the mouth of the den to make an appearance. Granted with the way the snow was coming down he'd be surprised if he'd see it before he was right there.

His brown eyes drifted to look at the pale man and make sure he was okay. Heigen didn't want to be in charge of possibly getting the healer sick. It would make him look awful. I mean seriously. Who liked the guy that got anyone sick? At least it showed that both of the men were hard workers. Being out in that snow was no easy task for either of them it seemed.

Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

The trip back to the den had been a quiet one in which Emrys was eager to get out of the cold and back in the den. He was sure the tips of his ears would certainly appreciate getting out of the cold and a moment he thought about curling up next to Jynx to get warm. He pushed it out of his mind due to his present company though. Still he hoped he would find her safe and sound in the den instead of out in the weather. Knowing her the way he did Emrys was almost certain she wouldn't be there.

Heigen's voice brought Emrys from his thoughts which had helped to make the trek seem to take less time. Looking ahead Emrys smiled, “Yes, I do believe we are unless this snow is playing tricks with our minds.” He didn't really think that was the case. When he could smell the scents of the pack growing stronger the closer they got he knew it wasn't the case. Emrys had almost decided that his evening hunt would have to wait until the next day if it didn't let up. He wasn't sure how he was going to catch anything in this weather. Of course there would have to be something in the forest to catch.

When. The healer saw the gaze of his companion fall on him he bumped the man's shoulder with a smile. “I think I might spend the rest of the day in the den,” he told Heigen, “Working hard is important but I think there are exceptions for this kind of weather.” The risks of going out in it were also very great and being the cautious man that he was Emrys wasn't sure he wanted to take those risks.

(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2017, 03:20 AM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette

He chuckled softly at the mention of tricks. There were no tricks here. "Listening to my nose, it tells me the snow isn't playing tricks." Another whiff let him know it would only be moments until the mouth of the den was evident.

The bump against his shoulder was met with a smile. "I don't blame you. I might do so myself unless this snow wants to lighten up later on." He saw the shadow of the mouth of the den appear. With eagerness, he pushed through the last couple yards. He shook off his pelt before going on in. Trying his best to find an empty corner somewhere for his large body to lay down. He nodded his head to try and get @Emrys to come settle by him. Heigen was still interested in chatting with the man. His brown eyes did look to see if @Lucia was about, who Heigen would gladly let join them in their little chatter.

With a deep breath, his eyes fell upon Emrys. "Much better in here." His ebony lips raised into a small smile. In case anyone was trying to nap, the large man tried to keep his voice lower. No need to wake anyone if he could help it.

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys nodded at the man's words though he wasn't sure he saw it considering they both were so concentrated on getting through the snow and to the den. “Mine as well, which is a relief maybe next time I'll think a little harder about coming out in weather like this.” Being on a pack though food was scarce there wasn't a desperate need to go out hunting in weather so harsh. Living on his own was different, he had thought more than once about what he and Jynx had spoke of this winter.

There wasn't time to dwell on it then though and he didn't want to depress his mood with those thoughts when the weather was doing a good job of it already. “Yes if it does lighten up I might just go for a hunt, maybe I'll get lucky today and bring something back.” Though it was doubtful he would catch anything or that the snow would lighten for that matter. When they had finally with much relief reached the mouth of the den Emrys shook his white pelt free of the collected snow before entering. Once inside he scanned the open area for the familiar sight of Jynx but as suspected she wasn't there. It was a disappointment but he was sure it was her drive to do for the pack that had her out or she was cozy in her private den.

With the signal from Heigen Emrys moved closer to the man and lowered his body to the ground to settle in for awhile. “Yes, very much so. We'll be warmed up in no time.” The healer kept his voice low so as to not disturb the others in case they were sleeping or just talking amongst themselves while they waited for the snow to stop.

(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2017, 05:46 PM by Emrys.)
Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
The large male laughed softly. "I might have to also." He kept the pace brisk as the thought of being warm again was too good to be true. "If you'd like some help I'd gladly head out with you." It was truly the least he could do. Besides, he wouldn't look very nice if he kept himself bundled up in the den because of some snow.

Heigen was happy that the white healer took the offer. They would be much warmer near each other. "So," He started in a soft whisper. "What do the wolves around here do for fun?" The tawny Colette was curious what was considered fun around here. If he could pick a few things to do then perhaps he would find transitioning into the pack much easier. Maybe he could even be accepted more. Granted it didn't seem like anyone had issues with him being here which was rather grand. He was especially grateful that the Fir's healer Emrys was taking a liking to him. If he could find a couple of male friends he might be able to relate to someone better. Heigen and Emrys didn't seem to think so differently after all. The Colette was wondering if he had found the home of his dreams.

He silently wondered and realized it wasn't exactly the home of his dreams but it was better than being alone in the cold winter.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Being in the sort of weather that he was currently trudging through with their newest member was the kind that he might have let himself remain hungry until it was over. “It's the desire to take care of the pack,” he muttered as they continued their journey, “Not even this would stop me from that I don't think.” When taking care of the pack had become so important to him Emrys didn't really know but he might be giving it second thoughts as his ear tips stung even more. “I would certainly like the company whether I need the help or not,” he stated in response to the man's offer.

Taking up the offered place close to Heigen they would be waiting out the snow together. In the meantime his new friend wanted to know what the members of the pack did for fun. “Well, I usually go out looking for herbs and such when the weather is nicer,” he started keeping his voice low, “Others though weather permitting spend time sunbathing or sparring and I think some exploring as well.” He wasn't really sure what they all did in the warmer months since he hadn't been in the notch during that time of the year. He supposed that it wasn't too far to guess pretty much the same things but maybe more since the snow wouldn't be around.

“What sorts of things do you think you would like to do for fun?” He asked thinking it might help him to help Heigen.

(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2017, 12:50 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
"You're an honorable man, Emrys." He noted kindly. A man with such a drive to work was the kind of man Heigen wanted to be around. The acceptance of his presence on a hunt was the icing on the cake of all things good. "Well then count on me to be there." His tail wagged happily. Was this what it was like to have a friend? It felt nice. It was almost a feeling he didn't remember too well.

Herb hunting? He supposed that wasn't strange for a man with healing talents. The large tawny male nodded his head while listening. Sounded like he had found himself with a rather laid back crew. Heigen was all for some good spars and sunbathing was nice if there was the sun. He figured that was more of a spring and summer kind of hobby. Same went for herb hunting unless the male was on a mission for bark from trees. Exploring would be on his list of things to do. He wasn't extremely familiar with this area so it'd need to be done sooner or later.

"Me?" He raised a brow in thought. "I like spars, patrols, casual chats." His shoulders shrugged softly. "I'm not a very hard man to entertain." A quite chuckle was given. "I wouldn't mind going to find some herbs with you when the warmer season rolls around. You might have to teach me a thing or two, though."
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

“Thank you, I try to be the best that I can be,” he replied in response to Heigen’s compliment, “Though I have only just met you I feel that you may be as well.” His new pack mate seemed to have a good work ethic and want to do what is good for the pack. Emrys felt that he would fit in well and really be able to show off his skills once spring came. It was hard now with prey being so scarce and the snow being so deep. “I most certainly will just a soon as this snow lets up.” He didn’t think that the temperature would change much but the wind might calm which would hopefully help them to keep their ear tips intact.

When spring came Emrys planned to be out collecting herbs most of the time. He of course would still keep up his duties for the pack, hunting and patrolling, but the plants were his passion. They had a calming affect for the healer especially when he was feeling a little stressed out. They also reminded him of his mother, there were times he missed her dearly. He wished that he could have told her about Jynx and for her to meet the woman he cared so much for. He also wanted Jynx to meet the woman who had taught him so much before her death but that wasn’t going to happen.

“Yes, you,” stated Emrys with a chuckle before the man went on to list the things that he enjoyed doing for fun. “I think that you will find plenty to do for fun around here especially once the weather breaks.” Having fun was a lot easier when the weather was warmer and the prey abundant. “I wouldn’t mind teaching you a thing or two about the plants I collect. As soon as the plants start coming back we can go out.” The company would be welcome and Emrys did like sharing the knowledge that he had.

(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2017, 02:03 AM by Emrys.)