(See All?) Announcements
496 Users Online
Bing, Google

Earshot — Lavender Ethos 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
All are welcome in this thread.  It takes place between this and this.

He could almost feel it in his bones the closer they came to the days of spring, the plants eager to come to the surface after being dormant all winter. His first meeting with Sylva had been on his mind a lot lately, how she spoke about the herbs and plants she collected and how they could talk to her. With the troubles of winter, the scarceness of their food supply and the treacherous weather conditions he'd not had time to do as she suggested. While he wasn't sure if it was even possible he wasn't opposed to seeing it the way she did. Part of him hoped that maybe he could as it would give him a whole different view of his healing arts he was sure.

The snow was still deep as he set his paws on a path north which he again thought it wouldn't hurt to do some hunting on the way. That was if there was even anything to be hunted as it seemed most of the prey had vanished from the lore. It however wasn't his top priority but instead a place that he felt would be perfect for practicing what Sylva had described.

The distance which he traveled wasn't a hard one for the ex loner, he had traveled further distances at faster paces in the past. His wanderlust it seemed had never left him as it felt good to be traveling once more. Especially when he didn't have a specific destination in mind, in fact he wasn't sure how long he'd traveled his thoughts lost in the plants and herbs as they usually were when he traveled.

The place he came to was familiar to him in some ways but also not, the healer slowed his pace to take a better observation of his surrounds. As he continued to walk the scent of lavender hit him, he knew that the plant wasn't growing which made this all the more curious. He then came to a clearing that with the snow and lack of greenery didn't look like much but he knew. His well trained nose told him that in the spring Lavender would grow in this place in abundance. Emrys decided this was the place so he sat back on his haunches as he looked over what would be a field of lavender. Closing his eyes he let the sounds around him fill his ears as he tried to concentrate to hear the plants that would be soon emerging or at the very least the trees that surrounded the area.

(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2017, 12:57 AM by Emrys.)
Played by Riley who has 102 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Iyes
*swoops in*

Iyes wandered the open field with a lazy gait, the steps of her paws silenced by the plush snow that blanketed the landscape. Tired from her journey she had decided to stay in the area for the time being, despite her hesitations to the pack that lived nearby. So far she hadn't gone close enough to be detected or bother anybody. So she felt rather safe, knowing there was water nearby and probably prey too, and she could hang out a little bit longer before she went on her way.

Or was this the day her luck ran out? She spotted the white male sitting by himself rather quickly - well, smelled him at least - and brought her casual ambling to an instant halt. His pale fur blended in to the surroundings and required a thorough squinty stare to parse him from the rest of the whiteness. From the distance currently between them she gave him a sniff-test which he passed favorably. There was a communal scent radiating off him, but it didn't match the one she'd been skulking around.

That being noted... what was he doing here, then? He didn't smell sick or anything but like... why else would he be sitting there with his eyes closed? Iyes regarded him with a bit of an edge and debated whether or not she ought to mind her own business and move on. But eventually her youthful curiosity won out, and she took a few steps closer. Parting her jaws she called out with cheeky speculation, "Are you trying to become one with the snow?"
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

He could hear the faint sound of the river in the distance though it didn't sound as though it was currently much of a river. The sound of bird song and the trees waving in the wind we're also very dominate sounds that he heard. The plants however didn't seem to want to talk because he didn't hear anything that even remotely sounded like it might be them. He was growing disappointed with the whole thing and though that it might be best to come back in the spring. The trees wouldn't be dormant and the plants would be returning full force. Just because he hadn't heard anything on this particular day didn't mean this wasn't the right place to have come.

So focused on trying to hear the plants that he didn't notice the fact a stranger had joined him in the clearing. Her scent had yet to reach him as did the sound of her paw pads in the snow which was one factor in why he hadn't heard her approach. She spoke asking if he was trying to be one with the snow, he opened one of his eyes and raised his brow at her cheekiness. He then laughed unable to keep it from bubbling out as he realized how ridiculous he must look to her.

“Something like that,” he answered as he rose from his haunches and turned to face her before taking in her scent, lone wolf. “I'm a healer he explained, I was trying a technique another healer suggested I try. What brings you this way?” He asked curiously. She was a small wolf who Emrys instantly started worrying about with them being in the midst of winter. “Have you been getting plenty to eat?” He sort of blurted out without thinking his professional side taking over for the briefest of moments.

(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2017, 11:25 PM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Iyes
As the male opened his eyes and fixed her with a bright blue stare Iyes did her best to hold his gaze, trying not to reveal herself as weak to the stranger. To her surprise and somewhat withheld pleasure his skeptical expression melted into one of laughter. The should was bright and clear in the open space they occupied and she allowed herself to give a wary wave of her tail in response. So far so good, she thought, this male was neither dead nor a threat. 

Something like that, he said, and she tilted her head in response. But she didn't have to ask what he meant by that, as he continued with an explanation that, quite frankly, went directly over her head. First of all, he said he was a healer, which was something Iyes didn't know you could even be. Then he explained that sitting in the field with his eyes closed was a... technique... for better healing? With absolutely no experience in the field (pun intended) and very little life experience in general, Iyes found her interest suitably piqued and drew a few steps closer.

Worry entered his tone as he pressed a somewhat delicate question. The dark she-wolf was acutely aware of the thinness of her body, not only from her awkward youth and overall small stature but also the lack of consistent meals that came her way as a lone wolf. But it wasn't the growing hollows of her cheeks that she wanted to entertain currently. "I don't think anyone gets enough to eat," she answered somewhat flippantly, having never known a life within a pack. As far as she was concerned, you were always supposed to get really hungry before you got the chance to eat again. "What do you mean, you're a healer? Sleeping in a field is a healing technique?" 

Her questions were blunt, but the curiosity of her bright amber stare spoke for itself. Even if it had to be explained to her like she was barely learning to speak, she still wanted to know.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

When nothing happened while practicing the technique that Sylva and suggested Emrys vowed to come back to this place in spring. Surely then he would get some kind of results or at least he would know for sure if he was doing it right. He hadn't quite given up when he heard a female voice behind him which brought him out of his concentration. When he turned he found a dark wolf that looked rather thin which he supposed he probably looked a little thin too. Still that didn't stop him from worrying about her and whether she was getting enough food. Though he was sure he wasn't getting enough despite having a whole pack helping to catch the food. He gave his head a shake letting those thoughts go in order to concentrate on the girl in front of him.

He didn't stop at just worrying in his mind about her getting enough to eat but verbalized it as well. Her answer received a nod of agreement, “I have to agree with you there especially this time of year but it will be better in spring.” That he was sure of as it always was with the return of the prey and their food sources. All they had to do was wait the winter weather out just a little longer and then they could all breath a sigh of relief. The girl had questions and already she was growing on him. He rose from his haunches and took a few slow steps toward her so that they could talk since he felt he might be there awhile, he didn't mind.

“When I say I'm a healer I mean it's what I have chosen to do with my life. I help others who are sick or injured,” he explained hoping that would shed some light on that particular question. As for her other, “I wasn't sleeping actually. I was listening, a friend told me that if I listened hard enough I would be able to hear the plants speak,” he explained further since she seemed to curious,”I am not sure I believe that it works, it hasn't here but that doesn't mean that it won't if it does work.” he stopped there to allow her some time to come to a conclusion about what he'd said figuring she might have more questions. She seemed rather curious about what he was doing.

He was rather curious what she would ask next and whether or not he would be able to answer it, Which he was almost certain he would know the answer to any question she might ask. There was the chance she might also ask a question he didn't know the answer to.

(This post was last modified: Feb 23, 2017, 07:58 PM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: Fixed coding issue )
Inactive IV. Yearling
Iyes
Lucky for her, he engaged in conversation. Iyes was watchful of the white male as he came a bit closer to her, but she didn't reject the proximity. He was a stranger, but she was interested in what he had to say. It wasn't necessarily that she wanted to let her guard down, but the yearling's walls were falling anyway. That was the price of intrigue. Her dark ears perked forward as he began to explain- and then almost immediately twisted in confusion. What I have chosen to do with my life... The very words were foreign to her. Struggling to survive past her first year of life was all the purpose she'd ever known. 

As if that wasn't enough, he went on to say that he was trying to hear the plants speak. And this insane idea wasn't even his own, it was one that somebody else told him - that he felt compelled to try. Her brow furrowed as she attempted to comprehend it. The very moment his last sentence came to a finish, before his jaws could even close, Iyes hopped to her interrogation. "What do you mean listen to the plants speak? Plants can't talk." A few months ago she might have believed him. Naïveté was something of a cubs' strong suit. But she was a yearling now, and yearlings didn't fall for those kinds of childish things adults told them anymore. She lifted her chin in defiance, having lost the point of what a healer was on this little detail of talking plants.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

The dark girl seemed rather inquisitive the healer found out as he continued the conversation with her. He explained about being a healer and the fact that he has chosen this life. It was one of those things that has been a given because his mother has been a healer. Until he met Jynx he had carried on the same way she had by living as a loner and traveling around helping anyone who might need it. Now things were different, he had a pack to worry about and he had Jynx, Emrys wouldn't change any of it if he had the chance. He'd moved closer to the girl and she didn't seem to be bothered by the action so he took it as meaning she wanted to continue the conversation.

As strange as he was sure if sounded he also went on to explain to her exactly what he was doing in the Ethos. The truth was he wasn't even sure what he was doing besides taking some instruction from Sylva. For a moment he wondered what Jynx would have to say about it and a slight smile formed on his maw at the thought. His ears perked at her next question and he couldn't help the laugh that left him. “I never thought they could either so I'm really not sure what I mean,” he said when his laugh had died. He glanced back at the field that would be full of lavender for a moment before meeting her gaze once more, “My mother once told me that there were some healers who believed that if you concentrated long enough and listened hard enough that you could hear deeper into the sounds around you. I'm still not sure what that means, I suppose my friend might be one of those healers and who knows maybe she’s nearby laughing at me because of how foolish I must look trying.” Emrys glanced around as if he was looking for Sylva to jump out at any moment.

(This post was last modified: Feb 27, 2017, 11:37 PM by Emrys.)
Inactive IV. Yearling
Iyes
The longer their conversation lasted the more ease Iyes felt seep in to her paranoia-brittle bones. Though he still stunk like a pack wolf, the black-coated female had come to the slow but eventual decision that she didn't have anything to fear from him. When he admitted that he wasn't sure what listening to plants speak meant either, the honestly struck her as charming and she didn't even find herself faulting him for not knowing what the silly thing was. Delicately she allowed her haunches to settle on the ground, finally sitting down to enjoy his company without the option of running away. 

She couldn't help but laugh a little when he mentioned how foolish he must have looked trying to "hear the plants speak". "You sure did," she responded with a chuckle and a raise of her brows, her voice ringing with good humor. At least he was self aware. Though as her chuckles quieted something dawned on her. "Okay but you know what I still don't get..." Her orange eyes scanned across the snow-dusted open field, flickering about until finally settling back on to the white-coated male. "There's literally not a plant in sight here. What were you trying to listen to if all there is, is snow and wind?" Unless she was absolutely crazy or blind, there was something missing here. Maybe her good company was actually a whacko who could not only hear plants but also see ones that straight up didn't exist. She gave him a sidelong glance, awaiting an answer to the conundrum.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

As they continued to speak about she had caught him doing he couldn't help but wonder if maybe Jynx had been right about Sylva.  That perhaps the girl was a little...Odd he supposed was a good way to say it.  Rather it was the most polite way since he didn't think she was really crazy.  Still he didn't want to make that judgement until he was entirely sure her hearing the plants speak was completely impossible.  He wasn't quite convinced that it was so he had made up his mind to try later when spring was in full bloom.  For now he was content speaking with the girl and she seemed to have relaxed into the conversation. As she took a seat Emrys let his haunches fall back into the snow as he settled in as well.

He laughed along with her when he spoke of how foolish he looked, he didn't blame her for laughing she was the one who had caught him after all.  She also didn't seem to be one to dishonest as she honestly told him that he did.  A smile crossed his maw, “You don't hold back do you?” He asked amused his brow raised.  He was finding the rather liked the girl and the fact that she seemed very honest only made him like her more.  His ears perked as she said there was something she still didn't get, he nodded to encourage her to continue and she did. “It's true there are no flowers or grass here but we do have trees around us,” he pointed out, “Though like the plants the trees are dormant too which is why this isn't working,” he mused allowed.

(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2017, 01:04 AM by Emrys.)