we're just young gods — Blackberry Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
For @Asha <3 || Evening, Freezing drizzle, 31 ° F, -1 ° C
BoJack
Do you feel like a young god?

He had left his companion (@Phoenix) back in a safe place. A makeshift den by a bare tree was where he told her to relax. Her wounds were awful anymore but she wasn't in prime condition either. Neither of them was. All he had said was a quick "Be back in a bit" as he took off into the evening light. A cold drizzle falling from the sky leaving his scruffy fur damp. Hopefully, she'd be able to keep herself warm until he got back.

Shuffling around the area he wasn't sure what he'd gotten himself exactly into. She needed help and he needed something. The dark male was still trying to figure out what that something was. It left him with this awkward feeling at night but he thought nothing strange of it anymore. That feeling had been there since he was a little boy and it probably wouldn't fade until he was dead.

With a small rumble he found somewhere to sit down. His head tilted to look at the sky littered with rain clouds. Some darker than others. BoJack was really hoping he wouldn't have to deal with a storm. That's how he had ended up with the kid he currently had. She wasn't really much of a kid but she also wasn't a proper lady.

(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 02:49 AM by Bojack.)
Played by Van who has 61 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Asha Maren
Screw the table for now. Too much work xD

The mechanical creature made her way through the freezing drizzle, feeling it mesh with the snow under her paws to create slush. It wasn't the being's favorite of feelings - yes, while she was inept at all things emotional, Ash understood just as well as any wolf what physical feeling was. Cold, wet, and muggy were certainly not ideal feelings. Though, the girl supposed that she could perhaps be slightly biased in those assessments - she was raised further down south, and hadn't been exposed to weather quite this harsh for most of her life.

Monochromatic fur blended well with the darkening, snow-covered landscape as she picked her way through the brambles. Ash was quiet and meticulous in her steps, careful not to embed any of the thorns in her paw pads on her trek. Frost-tinted silver-blue eyes swept the area for any perceived threats; her senses were dulled a bit by the dusk and the rain, so she was relying more on her eyesight than anything to guide her and keep her safe.

Not that she was scared, or worried.

Those feelings didn't apply to the robot.

So, when she unexpectedly caught sight of an earthy-colored man sitting amongst the brambles, she most certainly did not jump or bristle. She simply did not. She had just stepped on a thorn and the physical pain had caused a physical reaction, making her body jerk unwillingly - that must have been it.

Except, she hadn't stepped on a thorn.

The being spent a few conflicted moments on deciding what she wanted to do in this situation. She'd never been particularly good at socializing with her own packmates - she hadn't been one of those spoony girls who would approach any man they saw fit. Yet the ghost understood that socialization was fundamental to the health of the wolf, and she had had no interaction with another living soul for nearing three months now.

Couldn't be healthy.

Ash took a deep, steadying breath, and made the decision to approach the man. She stepped a bit closer before clearing her throat and calling out a simple, "Hello." But that didn't seem quite adequate for an introductory sentence, so the gray-toned girl continued with a, "A bit chilly out to be sitting in the middle of the field, isn't it?" Small talk would have been likely to get her bitten in her old pack, but Asha reminded herself that this was not her old pack, and that it would only be fair to give this man the benefit of the doubt.
(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 02:30 AM by Asha.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
Love her already! @Asha

BoJack
Sing me like a choir
I can be the subject of your dreams
Don't you wanna see a man up close?
A phoenix in the fire

He hadn't been focusing. His colorless eyes focused on the sky too much to be looking around for trouble. Yet when a voice called out to you, you didn't simply ignore it. He never ignored attention anyway. Good or bad.

"Yeah, I guess so." He chuffed as he lowered his head to see who he was speaking to. "Could also say it's a little chilly to be going for a stroll in the evening." BoJack offered a rough smile as he admired her. Her colors were so much lighter than his. She matched the snow in ways he didn't. He was like a muddle puddle and she was something much cleaner. Already the dark male wanted her approval. To keep her around as long as he could. That was unrealistic, though. He had some beat up wolf waiting on him already. He couldn't become a collector of them even if he so desperately wanted to.

The dark man slowly raised to his paws. "Name's BoJack." He spoke smoothly in hopes she'd offer her own name in return. She seemed kind enough already. He had nothing but high hopes for a good interaction. BoJack promised himself to be on his best behavior since he was in the presence of an actual woman. A rather stunning one at that.

(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 02:49 AM by Bojack.)
Inactive Deceased
Asha Maren
I'm liking BoJack, too :3 @Bojack

He did not act aggressive in any way - he even went so far as to smile at her. The girl felt something that might have been called relief when he didn't immediately snarl and chase her away. That is to say, if she had been tense or worried, in the first place. Regardless of the emotion, the ghostly figure appreciated the kinder gesture.

"I suppose you might be right," she responded to his counter-question, her silver-blue eyes making her way to meet his... silver ones? That was a little odd, as outside her own parents and siblings, none of the wolves she'd ever met had had eyes anywhere close to the color of her own.

Feeling as though it would be okay to approach, the achromatic wolf made her way a bit closer, long limbs careful not to brush against any brambles and stood near him at an angle. Not in front, nor directly beside, but sort of in between them. She made sure to leave a wolf-length between herself and the man. Purely for comfort and to be proper, after all.

She did not take a seat. Not until given expressed permission.

Then, he offered her his name, and she decided to try it out aloud for herself. "Bojack, hm?" That was a strange name, but it seemed to fit the man quite well. "That is a nice name," she told him with a soft wag of her tail. A small smile curled the very corners of her mouth, and, because it was a societal norm, she offered her own name in return. "My name is Asha Maren. It is a pleasure to meet you."

That it was. Ash considered herself quite fortunate to have not run into a cruel wolf out in the snow that night.
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
BoJack
A phoenix in the fire

The closer she got the more he could realize the little details about her. The scars that littered her body in an unimaginable way. He bit his tongue to keep from asking what the hell happened. Maybe he would later on. He didn't even have a name for this female yet.

His large ears perked as she addressed him. BoJack quickly decided that his name sounded good coming from her. His ego was fueled when she told him that was a nice name. Damn right it was! He was the BoJack. A one in a million kind of guy. Some liked to argue if that was exactly a good or bad thing, though. "I do believe the pleasure is all mine." A smirk teased along his lips. "Beautiful name, @Asha. Rather fitting if I do say so." BoJack was flirting the best he could without running the doll off. He knew he could be real straightforward but she seemed a little more formal than that. Truth be told, BoJack wasn't looking to work hard for some eye candy he could keep around. God knew there were a million other females to pick from.

"So what's brought you out here? Love, fame, greed?" He eyed her over briefly. His head was filled with a million thoughts about what she could be doing. Perhaps she was already shackled to some male, but as far as his nose could tell, she was rather free game. "If we're being honest I want a bit of it all." He shrugged nonchalant to make it seem like he didn't care when in fact he was bubbling inside with emotions.

(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2017, 04:02 AM by Bojack.)
Inactive Deceased
Asha Maren
Oh @Bojack xP Ash is tough game for sure.

The colorless young woman perked her ears when he mentioned that her name was 'beautiful,' and 'fitting.' She recognized it as a thing the males from her old pack did quite often - 'flirting.' It wasn't a concept that Asha was unfamiliar with, but it was one that she hadn't actively participated in. Flirting could lead to romantic engagement, and there were quite a few messy feelings strung along with it. Not to mention puppies might come, and all of that would just be a disaster. A kind of domino effect.

Of course, there was probably nothing wrong with a compliment or two. Why not, after all? It did make her feel a bit nicer about herself, to think that she might be considered beautiful. Such a trivial concept, but one that was known for bringing up nice feelings in individuals. Even emotionless ones like Ash herself.

It was uncomfortable.

That wouldn't do. Asha was always neutrally comfortable; uncomfortable emotions were weak, and anything less than confidence and neutrality was unacceptable. So, decisively, she allowed herself to sit down on a clear spot on the ground where she'd been standing. "Thank you," she said cordially, dipping her head. As much as she hated to admit it, having heard an insinuation that she was beautiful was nice. She wasn't sure what else to say on the subject, though, so she dropped it.

The girl shook her head when he asked why she was there. "None of those things," she responded, her tail lazily sweeping the slush behind her. "I don't care for fame or greed, and love is just a trivial mess." She tipped her head to look up at the clouded sky. "I don't know why I'm here. I just started walking and this is where I ended up." Might as well be honest about it. Honesty wasn't a weakness.

"Why are you here?" she asked, her head tilting slightly to the side.
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
BoJack
A phoenix in the fire

BoJack was partially annoyed. She wasn't like the girls who took his compliments then swung straight into his life (truthfully that never happened, he just always wished it did). She just gave him some kind of curt thank you. He raised a brow and continued to watch her. At least she made herself comfortable, he thought.

If it was possible, his eyebrow lifted a little higher. None? Jeeze sounded a little boring. "Oh, alright." He chuffed slightly and rolled his eyes once she looked to the sky. "I'm here for a lot of reasons but nothing important." BoJack laid down on the slush beneath them with a soft grunt. It wasn't ideal but it was better than rough rocks or cold dirt at least. He wondered if the young girl he left at the tree was feeling alright. She didn't have a name yet and he was confused on what to call her. He would have to figure that out soon.

"Well, do you at least have an idea of where you're going or what you're gonna do next?" He asked a bit less smooth than originally. Maybe she could give him some sort of direction on where to go to get help. Or maybe she would end up being some kind of help. One could dream.

Inactive Deceased
Asha Maren
The girl, though she was very, very bad at reading emotions, could definitely tell when his attitude switched, and even if she wouldn't admit such a thing, it made her extremely uncomfortable. The natural wolf side of her was screaming at her to lighten the mood back up, but the ingrained, nurtured robot-like being on the outside was shoving down the natural impulse. The combination of the two caused her shoulders to rise and tense without her knowing, and her tattered ears to flatten to her skull. Not aggressive in the slightest; just confused and at war with herself.

"Um, no-not really. I don't know," she stuttered, her gaze transfixed now upon her paws as her brain malfunctioned."Just... needed to get away. You know?" Her smooth, even, emotionless voice was stalling with her thoughts, like the cogs on a clock that were trying to spin out of sync and grinding on one another. She didn't like the awkward, and though she tried to rationalize it some other way, she realized with some surprise:

She had been enjoying his mood before. She had liked what he brought to the table.

The silver girl cleared her throat and shuffled her paws in the mush beneath them. "I am sorry..." she began, flicking her ears back and forth uncomfortably. "I'm not the most interesting wolf you could have met tonight. To be honest, I just do not know anything, really. Not about where I'm going, or why I'm here." She pinched her lips together and wrinkled her nose, trying to somehow remedy the situation she'd brought about. "You were being very nice to me, and I feel like I have ruined it. I'm sorry."
Inactive V. Subordinate
BoJack ---
BoJack
A phoenix in the fire

"Just needed to get away. You know?"

"I do know. Extremely well." Wasn't that why he was here right now? He needed to get away from the last place he had been. He needed to just get away from everything. Every day he felt that, actually. But would he ever admit more than that he was just familiar with that feeling? Not at all.

BoJack had been wrapped up in his own pity party that he almost forgot about her until she apologized. No one ever apologized to him. His ears leaned forward to hear what she would say. "Then lie to me." He said with a smirk. "Just tell me some great ideas about your wildest desires for the future. Make me believe." His silver eyes looked to the colorless girl. Did she know how the world worked? You either fantasized about fame, lied about fame, or you were famous. It appeared she didn't do any of those things. Perhaps his hopes of some grand interaction were being washed away with the cold drizzle and darkening sky.

"It's getting dark." He noted like it was important. "What're you gonna do?" His eyes flicked back to the sky wondering if she'd take his advice this time around.