364 Users Online
Google, Nadine, Tulip, Bing

Just Like Old Times — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
@Lachesis

So much time had been spent in the northern part of the lore though the healer still had not made it to the newest packs. Though the snow hadn't quite stopped falling spring was most certainly on its way. Quite frankly Emrys couldn't wait until spring arrived, there would be so much more to do. He liked keeping busy which was hard to do in winter when some days it was just too cold or snowy to leave the den. Spring meant that he could finally get back to his own work. He of course would still hunt and patrol but he would be able to get back to his plants. For the time being he would have to bide his time until the land came to life once more.

It had been nearly two winters since he'd seen the first healer he'd met since coming to the lore, it was high time that he paid the man a visit. He remembered Lachesis telling him he lived in Hearthwood River so Emrys set out early in search of their borders. The snow did slow him down a little but he still felt he made pretty good time. When he reached the large trees, like none he'd ever seen before the scent that he remembered Lachesis carrying came to him. He was on the right path to find his friend and as he drew closer it became stronger until he knew he was at the border. Just as he'd been told all that time ago he raised his muzzle into the air and called for the pale healer.

(This post was last modified: Feb 18, 2017, 07:27 AM by Emrys.)
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<3 @Emrys

His daughter had left to go on a (hopefully brief) mission of her own and his son was still avoiding him, often spending most of his time outside of Hearthwood. A deep, dark line cut across his maw, ears falling at the thought. It was moments like this when he wished that Naia had not succumbed to childbirth. She would know exactly how to handle the trouble twins. Lachesis, on the other paw, was utterly lost. As he worked frantically to ensure that the river wolves had a feature, he was also working toward being a better father—and struggling.

Unlike his son, the healer spent most of his time either in the lowlands or close to river territory. Most of the time he was searching for prey and medicinal plants—studying the herds and seeing if more snow had thawed, releasing the herbs from winter’s frigid grasp. He was also searching for loners. Wolves who had meandered down from the lands north of the tundra, or escaped the forests of the south. Hearthwood was small, but they were stable. For now. The only thing that would secure their future in the lowlands was acquiring more members, for puppies did not appear to be in the forecast for the river wolves. Probably a good thing, he thought, glumly to himself, can barely handle the two I have now.

A familiar scent, paired with an equally familiar call, pulled him away from his thoughts. Immediately his pace quickened, his slender body weaving through the trees. It had been quite time since he had seen the pale healer—too long. Lachesis was pleased to discover that the scent of Wild Rye did not cling to the blue-eyed male’s pelt. The Notch wolves, like Hearthwood, kept to themselves, so XIX had no quarrels with them. He was, however, curious as to what caused Emrys to visit. Had something happened in White Fir Notch? Confused, but delighted, to see the blue-eyed wolf Lachesis approached the edge of his territory with his tail wagging softly behind him. “It’s good to see you,” he greeted warmly once he stopped, his lips pulled into a lazy smile. “How have you been?”

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

His call had been sent up for Lachesis to join him at the border before Emrys went on to wait for his friend to appear. He had not imagine Hearthwood to be as it was with its tall trees and foresty atmosphere. He felt it suited the man well that he'd now called upon and was waiting a little anxiously for. He wasn't sure how the news of his joining White Fur Notch would be taken, Emrys hadn't ever really been too sure about the relationship between his pack and Hearthwood. Still a friend was a friend and Emrys owed a visit to Lachesis, he'd been so caught up the previous winter in Hush Meadow surviving the winter and thus he'd been making a home in White Fir Notch with Jynx.

Sometimes he found it rather amazing how much his life had changed in such a short amount of time. He often wondered what the next year would bring for him especially where Jynx was concerned. They still had some ways to go but he was happy with her and couldn't imagine not having her in his life. While he had tried to make his choice of joining a practical choice there was always going to be that part of him that joined for her. Now he was able at see her everyday and he didn't think he could give that up for any reason, he cared too much about her.

Emrys looked through the trees in hopes of catching some glimpse of his friend arriving and momentarily wondered what his friend would think of his sudden appearance. Finally his wait was rewarded when Lachesis came through the trees. Emrys tail waved behind him in greeting a smile crossing his dark lips, “It's good to see you as well my friend.” He was pleased to see that the man before him seemed well and happy to see him. “A lot has changed since last we met but I thought it was high time I came for a visit and to catch up.” the healer hadn't ever forgotten the kindness Lachesis had shown him when he'd first arrived in the Lore nor had he forgotten the offer to join. Had it not been for Jynx he may have ended up in Hearthwood once he had made the decision to join. “I hope you have been well?”

(This post was last modified: Feb 24, 2017, 03:38 AM by Emrys.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
i am always making you wait im sorry <3

The white wolf’s presence was a comforting one. He was just as soft spoken as he had been when the two first met, which immediately put the older male at ease. Despite their pelts holding different scents, XIX trusted the wolf before him. Regardless of the packs they belonged to, healers shared an unspoken bond. It was important to be on good terms with other healers; to share herbs and knowledge. Even if White Fir and Hearthwood did not get along, Lachesis would still meet with his friend in the future. He could not turn his back on another healer—there was already too few of them, for the trade was not sought after by others.

“I’m glad you stopped by,” he responded warmly, his tail swaying invitingly behind him. “Now that I know where you are I can find you next time,” he added, commenting on the pack scent that clung to Emrys’ fur. While the leader was aware of where the Notch wolves resided, Lachesis had not yet made his way to their borders. Perhaps once spring settled into the Lore he would visit his quiet neighbours. And, if he was lucky, he would bump into Emrys (or Jynx) along the way.

“I have,” he answered quickly, a smile pulling the corners of his lips. “Winter has been surprisingly good to Hearthwood.” Health-wise, but not number-wise unfortunately. He hoped that would change once the warmer weather returned. “And you, how have you been?” Lachesis returned the question to the blue-eyed wolf, his head angled slightly to the side. He was curious as to what the healer had been up to since their last encounter. Too much time had passed since then.

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Seeing his old friend made Emrys realize just how much he missed the alabaster healer. Though they had only met once their chosen profession bonded them but there was also a trust there that Emrys wouldn't put on just any wolf.  If he had not been able to care for Jynx when she’d been hurt it was the man before him that he would trust with her well being. Emrys also didn't care about the relationship between his and Hearthwood River where Lachesis was concerned.  It was much too cold to collect herbs but a nice visit was what he'd come looking for.

“I'm glad I was able to get away to come,” it had been a rough winter for the notch only allowing him to start getting out just recently. A smile appeared on the healers features, “Yes, I joined the notch last fall partially by accident and partially not.” Had he not taken care of Jynx he might have taken much longer to decide or he might have come and taken Lachesis up on his offer. He had found his place in the notch and there was Jynx he couldn't leave her and she wouldn't leave the pack.

A nod and a smile met the man's confirmation that he had been doing well, “I'm glad to hear that you are well.” It seemed Hearthwood had fared much better than the notch, they hadn't had any real tragedy which was something he could be grateful for. “That's very good news, the winter seemed harsher this year, the notch has been making it but it could be better.” Both packs had made it through the worst of it to see another spring and that was something both healers could be happy about. “I am well, better actually. It seems pack life agrees with me and I've met someone, she's a friend but I feel it maybe more than that.” Being able to see each other every day had changed things for her and Jynx.

(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2017, 11:57 PM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lachesis had been cooped up inside Hearthwood most of the winter, hovering by the borders and keeping close to the treeline. When he wasn’t lingering by the river, he often ventured south to the lake or kept to the edge of the tundra, maintaining a respectful distance between himself and the neighbouring packs. He tried not to poke his nose where it didn’t belong and did his best to keep to himself. Things were okay with the neighbours and he wanted to keep it that way.

“I’m happy for you,” he responded when Emrys announced that he had joined the White Fir pack. A little disappointed, maybe, but he certainly was happy for the blue-eyed healer. The best homes were always found by accident. A series of accidents had brought Lachesis to Maksim and the river wolves, and after shuffling around a few times he had finally found where he was meant to be. There would be no more shuffling around for the ghost—which was why he was so persistent on ensuring Hearthwood stayed afloat.

His ears twitched as the younger male began to speak once more, announcing that he was agreeing with pack life and that he had met /someone. A sly grin rolled onto his pale maw, his features softening in amusement. “You met someone, huh?” He gave the healer a sharp wink, his tail wagging gently behind him. “You’re right, pack life does agree with you,” he chuckled softly, his brows narrowing slightly. 

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Had the winter not been so bad and he not needed in the pack Emrys would have made the journey to Hearthwood sooner. At least he had made it now and hoped to be able to make more trips once it became warmer.  The healer thought it would be nice to go looking for plants with his alabaster friend again.  He would even appreciate a lesson on the healing arts from the man. Emrys believed there was always more to learn in his chosen field and wanted to learn whatever his friend was willing to teach him.

A smile formed on Emrys’ face at Lachesis words, “Thank you, I'm just happy that it's worked out as well as it has. I feared it wouldn't, that I wasn't cut out for the pack life.” He didn't know if it was the knowledge his mother had given him, his desire to make it work, or Jynx and wanting to see her everyday that made it work. It could be a combination of all three.  Whatever it was he was glad for it because of Jynx and the chance to have a real home and because he wasn't sure he'd have made it through the winter.  He had a place to belong where he was respected and cared about.  He couldn't ask for more, he had some great accomplishments and he couldn't help but be proud.

Emrys could feel the heat rising in his cheeks as Lachesis honed in on the fact Emrys had said he'd found someone. “Yes, her name is Jynx. We're just friend right now but I think in time it might become more.” She'd made it pretty clear how she felt without actually telling him and his feelings for her had grown considerably. Emrys chuckled at the next comment, “I do worry as spring comes closer that I will want to be out looking for inventory more when I should be home,” he confided in his friend a note of concern in his tone. “I'm a loner at heart, I know that about myself and I worry the urge to wander will lead me away from the Notch.” As much as he loved his pack his desire to wander was often too great a force to ignore.

(This post was last modified: Mar 07, 2017, 04:03 PM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

“I thought the same thing about myself,” the ghost admitted in response to the healer’s statement, a soft grin twisting at his lips. “Sometimes I still think that,” he chuffed, his apple-green eyes rolling gently, “and now I lead a pack. Funny how things work out.” Life on the reserve had not prepared him for what was outside the fences. XIX had been thrust out into the feral world unexpectedly and was fortunate to have things work out for him. Mostly because of the blue-eyed dove, who had since abandoned him. Despite her lengthening absence, he was still grateful toward her. There was a good chance the ghost would have returned to his birthplace if Anastasia had not taken him under her wing.

Jynx. The name caused his eas to twitch and a smile to spring across his pale features. “Jynx, huh?” He teased with a lighthearted wink, his peridot’s focused on the younger wolf. “Before she joined the Notch she was a river wolf, when we lived south of the expanse.” He paused, remembering the brief fling between the agouti and his raven nephew. She had changed since her time in Cut Rock—she was not the same wolf she had been during her stay in the river pack. They had unexpectedly crossed paths in the fall and the ghost was pleased to see her doing well, despite her jumping packs. He held nothing against her for the change.

“You could invite her to come along with you,” he suggested, his shoulder bumping against Emrys’. “Might keep your paws from wandering.” XIX flashed him another wink as his tail wagged softly behind him. 

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

If was a confiding feeling knowing that he wasn't the only one who was worried about pack life not agreeing with them. “I suppose it's a worry that never goes away no matter how long you've been in a pack?” Most days Emrys tried to put it out of his mind and having Jynx did make it easier too.  For her he would do anything including staying in a pack with her but he had learned to love the notch just as she did.  He lived his life doing what he could for the pack. “It is funny how things work, I went from Loner to beta overnight but I think I have done well just as it seems you've done well as leader.” it had taken a short bit of time to get used to his position in the pack but he felt he had the hang of it and he had a good relationship with Gent.

A brow rose at the way he repeated her name, “It seems you know her,” he said with a chuckle. Which was confirmed only a moment later when he was informed she used to be a river wolf. This was a new development and one that he thought he would ask Jynx about as he was curious.  “I don't recall her mentioning Hearthwood but with winter we’ve been busy in the Notch.” Emrys was sure Jynx wasn't hiding anything it was just that they hadn't had a lot of time to talk about the past when the present required so much attention.  She had also spent a good portion of the winter with an injured ankle that Emrys was thankful had healed as well as it had.

The healer nodded, “I should steal her away for an afternoon walk every once in awhile,” he said considering the suggestion. “I'm sure she will do just that.  Tell me old friend have you been so lucky?” Emrys asked with a tilt of his head.

(This post was last modified: Mar 16, 2017, 02:09 AM by Emrys.)