330 Users Online
Nadine, Google, Apollo, Adora

romulus — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Hope this works? @Ravenna

He had been in a certain funk lately but the big day was quickly approaching. Not much longer could be left. He was doing the trip with Sven to go see this grave. Take from it even. He had kept that part to himself, though. He had told everyone he was going on a scouting trip because it was kind of scouting. Just in an odd and morbid way.

Kerberos knew he shouldn't have been wandering away from home. He should be back at Charred Ash Draw waiting for the pale Archer to appear. That had been their deal, hadn't it? He'd be picked up and they'd head off. It all sounded so simple but he wondered how easy it really would be. Especially after that Sahalie chick had appeared. Would things be awkward? Kerberos didn't want to think about it so he shoved it out of his mind. There were good things about the mountain. There was Namid up there who he had to visit. He promised to bring her more Fir sticks.

Maybe he could gather some now and that would help him forget all these things for a bit. If he could just figure out where he was in the grove, though..
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Medic 1/3

Her attention had lingered to this part of Relic Lore for a few days now. First she had run into the large, skittish wolf and the smaller dark woman and now she scented another near by. She had not expected anything less. When Ravenna had traveled through these parts of the land the first time around she had ran into a few wolves in order to delivery the message that the monarchs of Willow Ridge has passed away. By now, surely everyone here knew of it whether they specifically knew the wolves themselves or not. This day, as the last one however, coming upon another wolf was just dumb luck. She was on another hunt to try and restore the pharmacy back home. Though it was still rather cold out Ravenna knew that spring was on its way and seemed to be having a bit more luck with finding things of use then before. Trailing around the area with her nose mostly to the ground, when the other wolf came into view in the distance her head finally lifted, dark sooty ears perking up as her attention directed to him. If he was just moving along she would leave him to it, although she spared a moment if he was yet another one of those chatty type.
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2017, 06:25 AM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
healer 1/3
He wasn't alone. She was hard to spot at first but once he could pick up her scent a bit better he already felt more relaxed. Kerberos knew the smell of Willow Ridge but he didn't think he'd seen her before. Instead of just staring at each other he gave a soft bark before moving a bit closer. "Uh, hi." He said in a kind tone with a bit of an awkward smile. "I'm Kerberos from Charred Ash Draw." He stated in hopes she'd share her own name.

He kept his stance neutral and quickly took in her appearance. She was large and pale but had more dark points than Sven. "I was looking for some White Fir for a gift and I can't really seem to find some. Think you could help me out?" His tail swayed softly behind him. He hoped he wasn't coming off as too needy because that wasn't what he wanted to seem like. Kerberos just need some help finding a tree to take some branches from. If she didn't want to help that was fine too. Maybe she was busy with her own stuff. He was positive he'd eventually run into the right tree sooner or later.
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2017, 06:06 AM by Kerberos.)
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Medic 2/3

He had spotted her then and had decided to make his way closer to her. By a closer examination, she knew that she had not seen this wolf before although he smelt of the pack that was in this area, having met a few of his members already. She wondered then if this was going to be a typical thing. The wolves of Charred Ash Draw all had been rather friendly and polite that she had met and to her, personally, wouldn't have mind if this pack and her own became allies in the future. Maybe working together come next spring would help prevent as much death as it had this winter and the winter before that.

He comes to her and she only stands, awaiting him to meet her. He was a little bit smaller then she, though as a large wolf she did not expect anything less. After an uncertain hello and an awkward smile, he introduced himself. "Ravenna Archer-Lyall." She speaks. Though she did not speak which pack she was from, perhaps by scent or even name alone he would be smart enough to figure it out. She had for him, after all. He spoke of his reasoning for being out here, looking for a gift - White Fir - and seemed to be having some trouble in doing so. "Oddly enough, I know a lot about it. I had a need for it a lot a time ago." She did not go into details. Did not want to. But the fact that it helped with sores and joint pain had been enough reason for Ravenna to seek it a lot for her mother before she passed away. "This way." She did not exactly wait for the wolf to decide if he would take the chance in following her or not before she continued on. It was not far, after all. The trees were cluttered everywhere. "These trees right here. You can ether try to gnaw off a whole branch or scrap off some of the bark with your claws." She waited then, allowing a moment for any questions. She had not expected a lesson this day, though did not seem to mind it ether.
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2017, 06:25 AM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
healer 2/3

He had to admit that he was a little jealous of how regal she seemed to be. Even her name gave off that aura of power. Ravenna Archer-Lyall. Kerberos was familiar with the Archer name but not the Lyall. He didn't prod the subject, though. He was just glad that it was a Ridge wolf he had run into.

His face lit up when she addressed she was familiar with the tree. He nodded his head at her statement. "It seems popular around here." Wolves from Naira to Namid seemed to have a need for it. It did seem to work well for aches and he assumed that was enough of a reason for the faces around here to stock it. He quickly followed after the Ridge wolf to the bunch of trees. He suddenly felt embarrassed for having missed them. "Thanks. I owe you one." He offered her a much more confident smile before he moved towards one of the trees. He bit down on a lower branch and begin to gnaw and pull. Like he had done with Namid he put his paws on it in hopes of snapping it.

It didn't take long before there was a snap and he had his first branch. He carefully set it down near the tree he had picked before looking to Ravenna. "Do you need some?"
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Medic 3/3

Had the silvery colored woman been able to hear the other wolf's thoughts, she would not have been more proud of herself. The words 'regal' and 'powerful' were often words to describe her mother, who always stood properly, held her head high, looked at you directly in the eyes with her own pale gaze and was rarely, if ever, caught faltering. Ravenna would have given anything to be as beautiful, powerful, and as loved as her mother was.

She takes a moment to silently watch the wolf as he began to yank and tug at the branches, lifting up on his back legs for a better chance at pulling the limb off on the tree. Once he had finished, he had offered to tear her down a limb in order for her to take back home for her own pack. A small smirk touches her expression, though she shakes her head in disagreement to him. She had stocked plenty of this up and without much of a need for it now, still had plenty of it left back home. "Actually, I am searching for something a little more challenging in this area." She spoke, her head cocking slightly in wonder if the other wolf would be willing for the task. She hoped so. After all, he did say that he owed her one and maybe if they found enough, he could try and carry this back home with him as well? "It is a fungus found on the trunks of trees and can be hard to reach. It looks ashy in color, large and patchy. It helps for a weakened immune system and memory loss, as well as some other things. I have a little girl thats come into our pack that needs it." If she was going to help the little girl, @Phoenix which had hurt her head and couldn't remember where she had come from, perhaps this would be what she needed to help retrieve such memories from the girl in order to get her back on her feet.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
healer 3/3

He was content to go back to grab another branch for himself but she seemed to have something else in mind. Kerberos listened and nodded his head. Her words had him interested. Maybe something challenging was what he needed to get his brain on track more. "I'll be honest, I've never dealt with fungus before but I'm willing to give it a go." Truth be told he hadn't dealt with more than White Fir. It was what Naira commonly chewed on so he was beyond familiar with it. Fungus? He had no idea what that even was. He kept Ravenna's description in mind, though. Ashy, large, patchy. Sounded a little strange but he figured if he had its uses it didn't matter how it looked.

He dug around his stick so he'd remember where it was and he could pick it up on his way back. "So you know a lot about herbs and stuff?" Kerberos asked as he looked up at her with a smile. Maybe she'd become a friend of sorts and he could learn from her. He'd taken a liking to a medic kind of lifestyle. He had wanted to be and advisor but he figured knowing traits on the side wouldn't hurt. If he found some other role that he liked, Kerb assumed that wouldn't be much of a problem either.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Medic 4/3 ?

Ravenna's smile was enough of a response for the moment when the dark timbered wolf decided to follow her in looking around the Grove in order to try and find some of this fungus. Any oddly dark patches on an otherwise grayish tree trunk would hopefully be enough for the pair of wolves to find. Truth be told, she had never found this fungus on her own before. The only time before she had seen it had been when he mother had found it in this part of the Lore where Ravenna was still yet a youth, learning her mother's trade. That is when Kerberos questioned her, causing her to pause in her slow footsteps around as her head kept to the skies. She looks back at him, pale eyes dancing over his facial features. "I do." She spoke without question, revealing her confidence. Even at a young age, she was certain by now she new as much as a good handful of wolves older then herself. She had been trained young and with a very strict, determined teacher. "I was taught by my mother. She was the best healer in all of Relic Lore, and I do not say the term loosely." Surely if wolves from other packs had been willing to travel great lengths even with their ailments just to be treated by her mother, it was because she was the best of the best. Ravenna was not ignorant to the fact that she had very large paw prints to fill.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
healer 4/3

They seemed to move with ease. Kerberos didn't feel threatened by her size or pack orientation. As far as he was concerned the two packs were on friendly terms. He kept his pale yellow eyes on the search for this fungus Ravenna had mentioned. Surely it would stick out if it was just on a tree trunk.

He smiled at her confident response. His eyes widened with excitement when she stated her mother had been in the best in all of Relic Lore. "Excuse me if it sounds a little selfish but," He looked at her briefly before looking out again. "would you be willing to train me? I'll be willing to set up some kind of exchange if you'd like." His tail swayed softly behind him. He really hoped she would accept his offer but if she didn't it certainly wouldn't be the end of the world. Perhaps he could learn from someone up at Fallen Tree Cove or elsewhere. He wasn't sure where exactly elsewhere would be but he was positive there weren't just three packs in all of Relic Lore.

"I mean, it'd be a bit of an honor. Especially if you learned from your mother who was the best." He said it in his usual genuine tone.