(See All?) Announcements
540 Users Online
Google, Bing

Phases — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It had started on the mountain with Aleksei, she’d been doing what she could to help him find Karina. Then something had started to not feel right inside her and the only thought she had was to get back to Hearthwood to speak to her mother or Lachesis.  Someone who could tell her what was happening to her and so she could  make sure she wasn't sick.  So it was with an apology and goodbye to her brother that she had left making her way back to Hearthwood.  Things only got worse as she made her way back alone starting with the heat throughout her body that wouldn't go away.  She tried everything to cool her body does she could think of to no avail. Then the itching started and all Inna wanted to do was get home so she ran until she finally reached the borders.

Now she wasn't comforted, it's a normal part of life they said.  It will be over soon they said and as she rubbed her side against yet another boulder in the lowlands she was not amused not convinced. Her mood had greatly declined to downright irritable which was not a state she particularly liked. A growl escaped her as she once again was unable to get any relief.  The ebony Baranski threw herself in the ground in defeat and whine of frustration escaping her.  Was there anyone out there that could offer her better advice, she thought closing her eyes to the sun that beat down on her dark coat.

(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2017, 02:49 PM by Reyes. Edit Reason: Format. )
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
RE: The Lore experiences a bout of unseasonably warm weather

Lorcan, having finally noticed that tensions were high atop the monadnock, had decided to keep out of trouble and give the females some space by taking up residence in the abandoned coyote den where Anaia had previously stayed. He figured at least there he could keep any eye on his pack mates and also keep a look out for lone males wishing to take advantage of the women in heat. The den was a lot smaller than the main communal den he was used to sleeping in, and the walls still smelt of arnica, but at least there he wasn’t constantly surrounded by the intoxicating scent the females gave off.

The Whitestone subordinate had originally stepped out of the den only take a drink at the small lake which sat at the bottom of the old abandoned goat track, but after a few moments spent out in the fresh air, he thought it wouldn’t hurt to take a wander around the lowlands and stretch his legs. Pale paws carried him swiftly through the snow which continued to coat the lowlands, regardless of the unusually warm weather which had swept across the northern expanse. Up ahead he caught a glimpse of a dark shape in the snow and, overwhelmed by curiosity, the male was quick to approach it.

It was as he grew closer that his nose caught a whiff of that familiar female scent that he had sniffed on Morganna. The scent was intoxicating and worked well to draw him in, but as he traipsed forwards, his salmon pink tongue swept across his jaw anxiously as he wandered if it was wise for him to approach yet another woman in heat. Russet ears pressed back against his head and his tail hung submissively behind him to assure the woman that was sprawled out on the snow that he was no threat. He stopped suddenly though, recognition dawning on him. “Inna? Is that you?” He murmured, giving a few gentle wags of his tail. “Are…are you okay?” He questioned, stepping forwards a pace or two before pausing again. If she was going to chase him off, he would at least make sure to put some distance between them first. 
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

She had to wonder what her mother had done the first time she had gone through this. She had half a mind to go pull her away from whatever pack business she was dealing with and find out. At least that sounded like a good plan until she'd remembered just how irritable her mother had been as of late. Inna had taken notice the coolness of the snow on her back as she laid exactly where she had fallen. A long breath left her as she continued to lay there with her eyes closed to the world. What was a girl to do in such a situation when it seemed the end of the world to her but everyone else wasn't too worried.

Unfortunately the itch that had disappeared giving her a few moments peace was now starting to come back. She would need to start looking for something to try and give her some relief from that too. She laid there a few moments later to allow the sun to warm her face but she quickly became hotter than she already was. Just as she was going to go find something else to do to help herself the sound of footfalls reached her ears, please let this be someone who can help’ she thought as she listened .to them approach. Then they spoke and though she hadn't heard it in awhile she knew it, Lorcan. He was perfect, if she remembered correctly he was an aspiring healer. He should have the job by now surely he had some sound advice.

Slowly she opened her eyes to reveal the orange irises behind, “No Lorcan I'm not,” she said with a slight whine in her tone, “I’ve been trying to find something to help but I haven't been very successful,” she added as she rose to her feet. She moved a couple of steps toward him to brush his muzzle with hers in greeting. After all she hadn't seen him since shortly after she'd returned to Hearthwood. It was funny how he always seemed to run into her on her returns, “I was hoping you might know something that would help and your a healer, you did finish your training didn't you?” She asked a little more sternly expecting him to say yes with how determined he seemed.

(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2017, 03:29 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Still lingering a few long strides away, Lorcan watched as he dark lashes fluttered open to expose a set of deep orange eyes. She appeared different from before, physically more mature, as her form had filled out since the last time they had met.

Russet ears perked up at her whined response and the Whitestone healer couldn’t help but let his white brows knit together into a concerned frown. He didn’t dare approach any closer though, not yet, not until she had given him some clue that she permitted his presence. At her following statement, the male’s chin tipped down awkwardly and his golden eyes flickered away from her form to trail along the frosted surface of the snow beneath his paws, aware that she had now risen to her feet and had moved forwards to approach him.

The feeling of her muzzle brushing softly against his cause his skin to tingle and, without him even noticing, the dark fur along his back moved to stand on end in surprise. Ears perked forwards, golden eyes flashed up to meet her orange gaze and dark lips parting to speak but never actually managed to utter a word in response. Was this a good idea, her being so close to him whilst that intoxicating scent clung to her fur? Lorcan swallowed nervously, before responding with an affectionate growl and a smooth sway of his tail in greeting. He couldn't be rude.

He recoiled a little at her request, moving back to place a step or two between them. Having witnessed a few females in heat by now, Lorcan was truly sympathetic to their predicament, but he doubted that their raging hormones could be silenced through the mere act of chewing on a few herbs. “Yes, I am a fully qualified healer now.” He confirmed, nodding his head in confirmation. “But, I don’t think that there are any plants that can help you.” and I don't have any to offer. His ears pressed back against his head, half-expecting her to lash out at the bad news. Quick, better think of something before she snaps! 

“M-maybe…maybe you just need a distraction?” 
(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2017, 05:57 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The ebony Baranski could not believe her luck when her eyes flutter open to reveal her Monadnock friend. He could make it better she was sure of it because he was a healer and he would have to know something that would relieve the things that were happening to her. However he wasn't coming any closer, she wasn't exactly sure why.

For a long moment she just looked at him it had been so long since she'd seen him and she wondered if he'd always been as handsome as he was then. A deep breath escaping the itchiness flared once more. She saw the concern crossed his features as she told him she wasn't okay and that she did need his help. Her eyes narrowed in curiosity as to why he seemed to be avoiding her gaze and a little stand offish. Inna aimed to make him feel a little more comfortable so they could have a proper visit, she had missed him. Now what he was here she didn't want to waste their time together after not seeing each other in so long.

That was when she approached him her muzzle brushing under his chin elicited a response her orange gaze meeting his golden ones a silent signal that she wanted him to stay. He was her friend and she needed a friend right then. The response that surprised her was the growl that elicited from him and the sway of his tail made her think he was feeling a little more comfortable. She had requested he give her something, a plant, advice, anything that could help her to get through however long this was going to last.

But then he was taking a step away from her which cause a frown to form across her ebony features. “Good I'm glad that you finished that, I know how important it was to you,” she said a smile crossing her features once more as she was happy he had completed his goal. Her brows rose when he told her that he didn't think there was anything that he didn't think there are any plants to help, “That's a really big disappointment Lorcan, please isn't there anything,” but then he seemed to have something that might work to help her. Inna was all ears as he spoke about her maybe needing a distraction.

“What kind of distraction is this exactly?” She asked curiosity evident in her tone and features. She stepped closer with interest about this distraction.

(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2017, 07:01 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The frown that etched between her slender brows as he slowly backed away was enough to make him feel guilty. Did she not understand that the distance he had purposefully placed between them was made with good intentions? Obviously not. His ears folded back briefly as he eyed her cautiously. Everything inside him was urging him to approach her, but he couldn’t trust his instincts right now, not whilst she smelt so inviting.

He welcomed the brief change in conversation and smiled at her praise, blushing slightly. “I heard from Lachesis a few months back that you were training to be a scout.” He stated, remembering back to the first time he and the dark female had met out on these very same lowlands. “Has that been going well?” He asked with a curious tilt of his head. He was genuinely interested; the last time they had spoken she seemed nervous and unsure about requesting for the role.

The agouti male felt slightly awkward when she expressed her disappointment, but when he continued on, she seemed more hopeful and Lorcan watched silently as she approached him. The tone in her voice excited him a little and he felt his heart quicken as she stepped ever closer. “Something you can take your frustration out on—or, or something to tire you out, maybe?” He suggested with a cock of his head and a playful wag of his tail. It had worked for him somewhat over the last few days. Hours spent running and scouting around the lowlands put him in less of a mood for physical activities by the end of the day.
(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2017, 07:55 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

She didn't like that he had backed away , that he felt he had reason to. Weren't they friends? Didn't he trust her anymore? She didn't understand why he was currently giving her such a cautious look, “Why are ears back Lorcan? There isn't any reason for it really.” she was Starting to feel as though she was something to be avoided like a carcass that has sat in the sun for much too long. She tried a couple of more steps towards him, she didn't like this distance between them.

For a moment at least the conversation between them felt like it had the first time they had met as he asked about her role. “You spoke to Lachesis about me?” That was rather curious but she did answer her question, “Yes I did finally ask him shortly after we saw each other last. Not so well but I think it will get better.” She had plans for the summer and would have her role. She didn't want to talk about that though.

She was more interested in the distraction that he mentioned as she stepped closer to him listening as he gave her two options, “So when you say take my frustration out on someone or something did you have anything in mind?” She asked,”And this tiring me out something in mind for that too?” She asked bumping his chin with her muzzle, “Because if we are going to do something about this we should find the right activity.” She then had managed to get close enough to him to pull his ear before bouncing away from him.

(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2017, 08:26 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
It became apparent that, much like Saradathia, Inna did not understand the reason why he acted so cautiously around her. He was trying to give her space, to keep a safe distance between them so that he would not become completely consumed in the appeal of her scent like he had done with Morganna. He couldn’t allow himself to forget his manners and follow his nose straight its source, not again, he had more respect for Inna than that. 

At her question, Lorcan immediately felt his cheeks burn. He looked across to her with an awkward expression, his golden gaze flickering incessantly between her face and the scenery behind her as he fumbled for an appropriate answer. A few long seconds ticked by without a word as Lorcan stood there, jaw slightly agape, before he finally decided that honesty was always best option. If Inna wasn’t aware of the predicament, well then, Lorcan would have to explain it to her. This was going to be awkward.

“The scent you’re giving off, it’s—it’s very appealing.” He admitted bluntly, salmon pink tongue sweeping nervously across his lips as she dared a few step closer towards him. “It means you’ve come of age, Inna.” He added, hoping she would be able to fit the pieces of the puzzle together by herself.

The change in conversation was welcomed as it gave Lorcan a chance to distract his mind from the aroma which filled the air around her. “Yes, I did.” He confirmed with a gentle nod and a smile. He tilted his head in subtle concern at her response, wondering why her scout training wasn’t going as well as expected. “I’m proud of you for asking, and I’m sure you will get better with time, it took me months to gain enough experience for the healer role.” He admitted, hoping that his words would help to lift her spirits.

The Whitestone healer watched her closely as Inna moved a few steps closer to listen to his suggestions. Nervous laughter filled the air as she pressed him for yet more suggestions and moved to nudge at his chin. The agouti male’s body became slightly ridged in response and his tail rose up to sway dominantly behind him as he tilted his chin down at her, trying to remain composed and in control of the situation. Inna had other plans though and moved in swiftly at to tug playfully at his ear.

Lorcan was taken by surprise and his golden eyes widened briefly as he watched her smaller obsidian figure bounce playfully away to the side. A grin spread across his lips then as his golden eyes lit up with childish excitement, noticing her invitation to play. “I can think of one.” He growled teasingly, as he shifted his lean form down into a play-bow, his concerns about her condition momentarily forgotten. His black-tipped tail rose up behind him and waved with excitement for a moment before he feigned towards her, jaws parting wide to snap at the air near her left cheek.
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2017, 01:06 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

She has only met Lorcan once before but she had liked him then, immediately felt he was a wolf to be trusted. So the caution he was showing toward her unsettled her because he hadn't been this way with her before. What had changed, was there really something Wrong with her? She looked up at him trying to gauge just how close he would let her get before he started backing away. She didn't like this at all, it made her feel their friendship might be strained.

She tried and innocent question about his ears which seemed to have made him nervous. She watched how his gaze would be on her and then not. The silence that passed between them felt like it lasted ages but he finally spoke explaining to her why he was so cautious.“Perhaps you should allow yourself to enjoy it if it's so appealing,” she suggested as she stared into his golden eyes. Why should she have to be in this alone at least he got the more enjoyable part. She was stuck with the ever increasing heat across her skin as the thousand bugs crawling underneath. She needed to find something to make it better but the conversation changed.

She was surprised to hear that he had talked about her to Lachesis, “All good things I hope,” and this bit was helping some she supposed. A smile did cross her ebony face when he said he was proud of her, “I mean to get the experience this summer, I wanted to come for a visit once the snow was gone. I suppose we've taken care of that.”

While he went through his suggestions of what they could do to help relieve some of her energy she had moved closer to him nearly pressing her body against his as she gave his chin a lick. It seemed to have an affect on him as she felt his body become rigid and his tail swaying above him. She took that moment a quick movement pulling his ear before she was off bouncing away from him but watching him. A giggle left her as she laughed at his eyes widened.

“Oh, why don't you show me then,” she stated a suggestion that Inna didn't fully understand but given any way just under the surface. In one moment he was in a play bow and the next he was was coming toward her and snapping the air next to her cheek. Taking her turn she moved into bump his shoulder before nibbling at the fur behind his ear. Then a quick gentle nip of his cheek and she pranced off tail waving high over her back as she gave him a mischievous grin, “Catch me if you can,” she teased in a sing song voice.

(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2017, 02:26 AM by Inna.)