(See All?) Announcements
708 Users Online
Google, Bing, Ozark

Flesh & Blood — Kettle Pot Pond 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
All are welcome in this thread. Takes place before This thread.

The feeling inside of her made her anxious beyond what she normally felt and worst of all her appetite seemed to have increased.  She didn't understand it but found herself hunting more often in the day mostly small things, mice and voles of she could dig them up. It didn't matter what she ate or how much nothing seemed to satisfy her.  The hunting did help to take her mind off the other symptoms she'd been feeling.  The ones that made her want to claw her pelt off just to get at her skin which felt like it was crawling. Cheedo hated the way her scent had changed, she knew what it meant and what would happen, it scared her more than Mittani when he was angry with her.

For the third time that morning she'd tried washing it away but it remained just as strong as ever.  The rabbit she'd caught earlier lay on the ground as she shook her pelt out wanting to wash the scent from her before eating her recent catch.  The sound of footfalls through the grass elicited a low growl from her throat as she moved to stand over her meal.  With her tail tucked between her legs and ears flattened she waited for whatever creature that was lurking to show their face.

(This post was last modified: Mar 10, 2017, 08:51 PM by Cheedo.)
[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Hello Kai! Nice to thread with you!

Her stomach rumbled, it was a deep gnarly sound that immediately caused her round ears to fall flat to her skull, and slowly, without realizing it, her eyes closed from anguish. Today would make a week since her last meal, a few days longer than the previous and yet her golden gaze could not pinpoint anything worth chasing. Her energy would instead be wasted on keeping her alive long enough to find some kind of shelter--the weather was beginning to chill her down to the bone, her coat a pitiful excuse of growing out fully. She shook her coat on weak knees and continued forward with the scent of another wolf heavy in the wind.

She was by no means a vocal wolf, in fact she hadn't spoken much since the winter of her disappearance, and she had grown accustomed to the loneliness that accompanied becoming a lone wolf. Survival was her first and only priority and the young wolf had developed a fetish of scavenging from  others--unbeknownst to her, the female wolf was in a similar predicament. She slowed her steps once Cheedo came into view, her ability to observe the woman from a distance had been a skill well developed over months of tracking and she lingered in the background, upwind, in wait for what she could possibly bring to her. 
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Hi Hero! It's good to thread with you too

Life was starting to feel a little more normal now that she was keeping a little distance between her and the group.  She never strayed too far keeping to the fringes of the group, always close by just in case.  With her symptoms in full swing she'd been venturing a little further in search of food and relief.  The rabbit at her feet was a precious thing since winter had nearly cleared the tundra of prey. A low warning growl had been elicited to the one who lurked too close for Cheedo's taste.

She could hear the intruder but she could not smell them and that only served to make her more anxious. “Show yourself,” she said into the open air her tone sweet and inviting perhaps Mittani was running off on her.  She hoped it would bring the her stalker into the open space she could see just who was lurking.  Some of her anxiety could be eased then and she might be able to enjoy the meal that awaited her. A part of her hoped it was her white knight playing a game with her but the other told her it wasn't.  “No harm will come to you,” she said into the air to entice whoever it was to come into view.  It was not a promise but that was the way of things, she'd learned an important lesson the day her ear was damaged.

(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2017, 04:17 PM by Cheedo.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
:D feels good to be back, and Cheedo seems so interesting!

Another scent, tantalizing and delicious against the strong winds, made her stomach growl with anger. She hadn't smelled the fragrant scent of prey in days and the fact that it laid a few feet from her made her ever the more anxious around the stranger ahead of her--she needed that meal. She licked her lips, her feet dancing at the spot all the while her mind reeled on the possibilities of the wolf giving her the meal without much fight. It was a slim chance but not impossible if she could find some kind of leverage. A voice stopped her feet from moving as she analyzed the sweet and soothing words of the stranger who had asked her to reveal herself, that was a large request from a wolf so small and even despite her size Rory was not confident in what this wolf could or would do to her. "I am safe where I am..." she thought she whispered, but the words carried a bass that seemed beyond the bony wolf that it had come from--it was as if Rory had forgotten her size, her strength, her capabilities, until that very moment.

"How can I be sure of no harm?" she questioned the woman, her voice once more projecting itself to carry to the wolf who stood so tall and proud ahead of her, seemingly oblivious of the other wolf sharing her vicinity. Her paws had begun to move closer to Cheedo without her even realizing it, the desperate need to eat had overshadowed her cautious tendencies and within moments she could see the other woman rather clearly--she carried no scent and her frame was smaller than her own, inwardly she felt confidence grow. "do you feel safer now?" she questioned, head cocking to the side innocently all the while her yellow eyes searched quickly for the prey that had originally brought her here.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

In her time since Craw had disappeared and living in her own when she hasn't been with Mittani she'd learned she did have a confidence in her.  It was different when she was around the others for they brought her timidness back with their self confidence never understanding what made her The Fragile.  Mittani did and that was why she trusted him to protect her and why she preferred his company.  As she called out to the intruder requesting them to come out she found that confidence she thought she'd lost on the journey to the lore. “That maybe but something has brought you here,” she answered the voice that came to her ears.  The intruder was a woman it seemed which brought a little more confidence to Cheedo. She didn't know if it was the scent that was so strong the agouti couldn't remove it from her pelt or scent of the rabbit that had drawn the woman in.  Whatever it was Cheedo meant to find out.

“I suppose you can't but you will never find out if you don't take a little risk,” her voice carried again with the sweetness it had carried only moments before.  Finally the woman came into view and Cheedo found herself facing a larger wolf.  Not much by any means, it did give her pause and her tail to curl a little closer to her stomach. Her ears flattened a little more against her skull, “I have faced bigger wolves then you love.  I imagine you can't do much more harm to me than they have.” The damaged ear she carried after the scuffle she'd had was a testament to that fact.  Her words may have exuded a confidence that her body didn't exactly share as evidenced in the slight tremble of her hindquarters.

(This post was last modified: Mar 12, 2017, 07:33 AM by Cheedo.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
As Cheedo's stance lowered, Rory found herself lifting a bit, her head swung up higher, ears alert atop her skull in an attempt to actually seem larger and more aggressive than she felt. Her heart was racing, her mind was racing and her rumbling stomach was in high pursue for that meal that sat nestled between her legs. With any hope, the woman would be willing to share it with her so that she could let go of the stance that she was holding. "I don't take many risks." she voiced, breaking the tension with her thick tail, eyes never averting the ones in front of her. "and I'm not here to frighten you, I came for one thing only..." her eyes searched once more for the rabbit but could not spot it. She was very good at hiding her spoils, Rory would give her that much credit.

A strong wind brought another smell, more tantalizing than the first and her head moved immediately in the direction that it had come. She inhaled deeply, attempting to pinpoint where the smell of deer was coming from concluded that it was beyond the figure of the tattered wolf, who had claimed that she had overcome much larger wolves than herself. "Why would someone wish to harm you?" she asked, attempting to keep the conversation going as long as possible, or at least until her subconscious made her feet move.
(This post was last modified: Mar 12, 2017, 02:42 PM by Sahalie. Edit Reason: Fixed missing</font> tag )

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Forgot to put this in my last post. It's good to have you back and thank you, Cheedo is an interesting character. I like Rory she"s adorable.

The scared girl didn't seem so scared once she’d come into view, Cheedo took notice of the shift in her posture.  The small show however did not cause the agouti to cower any more than she usually did.  So used to Mittani's shows of dominance this girl's new found courage didn't phase her.  “More risk might benefit one such as yourself,” she commented taking in the the thin frame before her.  It was clear to the Fragile that the wolf in front of her hadn't eaten in awhile and even more clear what had drawn her in.  The rabbit still lay between her paws but Cheedo didn't draw attention to it.  The question was what was the girl willing to do to fill her belly on the rabbit that Cheedo was planning to enjoy herself. “One thing is it that you want love? And what will it be if you don't get it?”

While sizing the girl up the scent of deer traveled to the two wolves, her tongue swept across her inky lips.  Perhaps this could work out for the both of them that is if the newcomer is willing to take the risk to trust a wolf she'd only just met. The next question that was asked rang in Cheedo's ears, “Well I suppose you would have to ask them wouldn't you?” The Fragile surely didn't have the answer to that question.  So many answers, she was too small or too timid to stand up for herself.  Did it really matter as long as she could avoid the teeth that often came or words that only served to take her down a few.  "We don't have to fight over this one rabbit of mine Love," suggested Cheedo.

(This post was last modified: Mar 12, 2017, 06:13 PM by Cheedo. Edit Reason: fixing html )
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Awww thanks, I like Cheedo's name XD

It didn't take long for her counterpart to respond and Rory listened intensely, hanging on to every word spoken as if not doing so would cause her great harm, or worse, losing her share of the rabbit. Cheedo mentioned her taking more risks and in response she felt her tail flick behind her slow before it returned gently to her hindquarters where it would remain the rest of the meeting--it was a short lived impulse. "This has worked well for me," by this she meant her being cautious, careful and staying as discreet as possible. "and I'm hoping for rabbit today. It's strong in the wind..." she hinted, knowing fully well that the scent was coming from Cheedo, as faint traces of dry blood littered the white snow near her feet and if she stared long and hard enough, she could just make out the pale fur.

Her last comment, regarding wolves who had harmed her, actually went over her head and in its place was the returning scent of deer. It was more tantalizing then before, and her stomach rumbled with displeasure at the wasted time she'd spent on a measly rabbit. Her tongue unfolded to lick across her lips, slow and deliberate, as her counterpart recaptured her attention, mentioning something that she actually could agree on. "It may be wiser if we do. It'll be larger, more meat, less competition." Rory's guard had lessened some since speaking with Cheedo but it was not completely gone, she simply regarded her as less of competition and more of a comrade, someone who could potentially become her ally in the midst of this harsh weather. "I wonder just where the unfortunate creature could be..." she voiced aloud, her piercing gaze searched the vivid white background.

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
Ooc: Thank you, however I wasn't the one to name her.

Cheedo was careful not to move from where she stood in case the larger woman decided to get some ideas from their current conversation.  She may have lost her prey the last time when she'd gotten her ear damaged but she had no intentions of doing so this time.  “You sure about that love? From here it doesn't seem your fairing do well.” Cheedo refrained from telling the woman she needed to put a little meat on her bones. A wicked smile appeared on the agouti her tail giving a small twitch as it was pressed against her belly. “Somehow I thought that might’ve been what had brought you here.” She maybe a little timid but Cheedo was far from stupid. The thin frame it wasn't hard to know the woman was looking for something to eat.

The scent of deer had become evident to both woman which Cheedo thought they should take advantage of.  The rabbit she had could wait for later or perhaps she might consider letting the woman have it.  She was still undecided about it but the woman agreed with her and finding the deer.  “Well then since we agree we should probably should get going, then.” Since they had a much bigger meal coming to them Cheedo wasn't so worried about losing her rabbit to the larger woman. Reaching out with her nose she tried to locate the direction the scent was coming from. Her ear twitched as the woman spoke again, “This way,” she indicated with her muzzle  before she picked her rabbit up and lead the way to where she hoped they would find the carcass.

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2017, 07:31 AM by Cheedo.)