(See All?) Announcements
598 Users Online
Finley, Bing, Google, Neo

the sound of silence — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

It’d been decided that they needed to tell Kisla as soon as possible, having at least gotten Lilya’s wounds looked at and her onto the territory before she let out a shaky call for the queen, sitting down while she waited because of her paw and how pressure still stung at it. Tensions had brewed, and the sparrow couldn’t help but feel uneasy at the idea of tension between the two packs. It was, after all, how things had started in her homeland. She knew that their numbers were scarce and the idea that the Whitestone wolves might be a direct repeat of what happened with the Brook wolves honest to god terrified her.

One of her paws scuffed at the light layer of snow on the ground as she waited patiently, consumed more by her own thoughts despite the comforting presence of the man next to her. It was going to work out – she was almost certain that there was some kind of misunderstanding here. Craw and Morganna surely wouldn’t break their alliance like that, and perhaps it was an unruly subordinate of theirs right? She was rightfully angered by the attack, but she was also trying to rationalize because a couple of cuts wasn’t worth the consequences that came with a full out brawl… right?

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Kisla @Lilya sorry about the wait! <3

No matter how badly he wanted to march over to Whitestone and confront their trusted neighbours, Lachesis knew that they needed to discuss the situation with Kisla first. They couldn’t move forward without her and XIX did not want to deal with the repercussions of them going behind her back. Despite the fire that burned furiously in his chest the ghost tried to remain calm, his shoulder pressed against the sparrow’s as she called for the agouti queen.

He worried about how she would react to the unprovoked attack. He was furious, but he wanted to believe that their alliance could be salvaged. That this attack did not reflect on the Whitestone wolves—that Craw and Morganna knew nothing of the alabaster wolf’s encounter with his second. Their neighbours had only continued to grow since they settled in the lowlands, which was why Lachesis had sought out an alliance with them. But he wasn’t sure if the relationship between the two packs could be salvaged. The thought caused his lips to curl into a frown, his chartreuse gaze falling to the sparrow at his side. He was just thankful the wounds had not been worse. Lilya had done well in fending off her attacker, despite the few injuries she had acquired as a result.

As they waited for the agouti queen Lachesis knew that this was better than him charging the Whitestone borders, demanding to speak with the leaders, while his blood was still running hot. The stranger could have attacked any Hearthwood wolf—Lilya just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. XIX could not allow his personal feelings to get in the way. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Her pack mates called for her, and despite her reservations of the season, the tawny queen was quick to respond to them. She had been in and out of the territory every so often, attempting to keep her subordinates in line from their own heat (especially her daughters) and avoiding lone wolves. Her gait was quick as she sought out her co-founder and second, expecting a friendly check in – a suggestion they rally the ranks for a hunt or something similar. She had not expected the sight that met her, and stiffening, a frown of worry crossed her features at first – and then a flicker of anger. Who dared touch Lilya? Someone would be paying.

“What happened?” The words bit past her lips as her eyes flashed between either wolf, and quickly she closed the distance between them, her nose seeking out the tawny girl’s cheek in reassurance that she was okay. She did not yet notice the change in the girl or what either had done – whether it was too soon, or her emotions and thoughts so intent upon fishing out the details of the injured she-wolf before her, it remained lost upon her. Instead, her mind was a whirl of thoughts.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

Kisla’s quick response was met with Lilya holding her breath, like she wasn’t entirely sure how the queen would react to any of the news she was about to hear (or smell, if she should happen to notice the change in scent that Lilya herself had yet to notice with all her worrying) or what she would do in response. The question came with mixed emotions, from what the sparrow could tell as Kisla’s nose brushed against her cheek, a soft frown on Lilya’s own maw. “Th’Monadnock wolves.” She responded softly. She was still trying to process it, and she knew from experience that it’d take time.

Wolves gave the wrong impression so she explained the rest. “Ah was out in th’lowlands, still far away from their borders… thar was a white wolf with these yeller eyes and ‘e smelled like the monadnock.” She clarified her earlier statement. “He turned ta me and said that ah shouldn’t be allowed ta walk alone or be away from ‘ome and then ‘e attacked. I fended ‘im off and went ta find Lach.” Evidently, for medical treatment, but also because of how she felt about him. Her tone wavered when she told the story. Just like with her original rendition of the story to Lachesis, she left out the way he’d been looking at her because she didn’t know how she could possibly describe such a look other than him looking at her like a piece of meat. That description made her highly uncomfortable.

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2017, 09:58 PM by Lilya.)
[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

It did not take long for the agouti queen to arrive or to detect that something was wrong. As expected, the tawny Baranski got straight to the point, a question spat into the air between them. The ghost remained quiet, for it wasn’t his news to tell, despite the anger that consumed his thoughts. XIX would have felt the same regardless of which river wolf the yellow-eyed rogue attacked. It just had to be Lilya, the cerulean-eyed sparrow that he harboured feelings for. Which holy intensified the rage that had settled in his chest, waiting impatiently to be unleashed upon the Whitestone wolves.

Lilya did not keep the queen waiting and dove into the story that she had already recalled once. His toes curled into the dirt as she mentioned what the alabaster bastard had said to her before attacking, unprovoked. While he felt guilty for not being there to interfere and prevent Lilya from getting hurt, XIX also knew that he could not always shadow the sparrow. She had done well in defending herself but she should not have needed to, especially against a Whitestone wolf. They were supposed to be allies—what had happened?

He did not raise his voice, for the ghost did not feel as though it was needed. His lips were drawn into a thin line, his chartreuse gaze focused on his co-lead as he waited for her response. There was no doubt that Kisla would feel just as betrayed as Lachesis did. 

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

She had expected a lone wolf – perhaps even one of the packs that they were on less friendly terms with, though she had never considered them hostile. She hadn’t expected Lilya’s response, and surprise flashed across her features before they darkened to anger, her eyes steeling toward Lachesis. This was the pack he had determined fit for alliance – she knew her co-leader to hold more sound judgement, and so she could only wonder what happened.

She didn’t need to consider what this meant – as far as she was concerned, the alliance was severed. “Some alliance,” she muttered, a low growl seeping in to her tone before she leaned forward to nudge Lilya gently once more, her tail giving a lash of frustration before she lifted her muzzle once more. Hearthwood River was small – but they had been pushed one too many times, and Kisla was not willing to roll over on her belly to anyone any longer. “Then we seek out Wild Rye Fields and finalize an alliance with them. Drestig and Jessie would never allow this to happen – and then we discuss with them about chasing out our unwanted neighbours.”

She paused then, her lip curling. “The wolves of the north should not tolerate this. Maksim and I did not move our family to what we felt was a safer place to have this happen.” Whitestone Monadnoch might have desired to throw their weight around – and large in numbers they might have been. But Kisla held no doubt they could shake them from their assumed throne if they needed to.

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2017, 11:13 AM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

The little bubble she had managed to put herself in during her time at the River was popping. It was all too similar for her to not fear and worry about their fate given Kisla’s words. Once again, they would be fighting for their family. They would be fighting a pack that in the past has been so much bigger than them, and they were going to drive this pack out. She didn’t want to see the River fall like Otter’s Run had. Not that she didn’t think they could win, this time around… with allies in Jessie and Drestig… she hoped.

What if it was just one rouge? A rouge like the Dragon had been to the River wolves? What if Craw and Morganna knew nothing about this? Those insecurities rang in her head because she knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of wrongful judgement, and she wouldn’t wish that upon anyone. Still, in the presence of both alphas, it was not her place to give her opinion, unless she was asked for it. She didn’t entirely disagree with Kisla, however. It should not be tolerated, and an alliance with the Fields wolves would be beneficial… she just wasn’t sure that chasing them from the lowlands was the best way to go about the problem and she became increasingly uncomfortable with the line of conversation.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

As expected the green-eyed queen was furious. However, her reaction—more specifically, the words that dripped off her tongue—had taken the ghost by surprise. It appeared that Lilya also did not know how to react to Kisla’s sudden dismissal of the Whitestone wolves, for her lips remained tightly drawn. Since his conversation with the raven Baranski, Lachesis had considered securing an alliance with the Rye wolves, but he was not sure this was the way he wanted to go about it. Like the blue-eyed sparrow at his side XIX hoped that the attack  had been the result of a rogue, and that this situation could be resolved quickly. He did not want to chase the Whitestone wolves out without seeking out its leaders first.

“I am not opposed to an alliance with the Rye wolves,” the ghost started with a soft frown, his chartreuse gaze focused on his tawny co-lead. “However, I would still like to speak with Craw and Morganna. The wolf Lilya described is not one I recognize—I fear they may have a Kjors in their midst.” It had taken a challenge for his rank for the rest of the pack to see that the dragon was not who he appeared to be. Until proven guilty, Craw was still his friend and he wanted to get to the bottom of this unprovoked attack swiftly before another wolf was attacked. Their numbers were few, Lachesis could not afford another casualty.

He nodded in agreement at her last stretch of words, his forehead creasing. Since their arrival in the north the river wolves had kept to themselves, never bothering their neighbours or stepping out of line. They had sought out refuge in Kingsfall to escape unruly neighbours and now they were being threatened a second time. It was not something he wanted to take lightly, but something about the situation felt off… Lachesis was worried.

Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

She seethed – her eyes worriedly sweeping to Lilya every so often to ensure the girl was fine. Livid that a wolf from their supposed allied pack had attacked her. Still, her ivory co-lead seemed less than keen on her desire to push the problem out completely, and she exhaled gently, reeling herself for the moment. “Kjors was a problem, but he wasn’t a liability that attacked others – it was his mouth that got him in trouble with our allies and Gent's incessant need to have everyone bow down to him.” She paused then, knowing it was a rank challenge that had been the final straw for the one-eyed wolf – but she never considered Kjors’ intent was to injure and maim Lachesis.

Intent was what had her worried – what was the intent of the Whitestone Monadnock pack?

“I trust you’re judgement, Lachesis,” she finally spoke, her eyes squarely falling upon him. Whether he felt it or not – Hearthwood River was just as much his as it was hers. He had built it alongside herself and her mate – and he now lead it at her side. “If you wish to ask Craw and Morganna what the hell they were thinking, I support that – but if the situation is not remedied.. I’d like to suggest we sever our ties with the Monadnock wolves. And I would like to ally with Drestig and Jessie – I know them from my youth and I trust them. This would not sit well with them.” Pausing, she glanced between either of them. “I won’t have my family under attack or treading carefully in and around their home again – if there isn’t remorse from these actions, I’d like us to visit this topic once more.”

Word Count: 275

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

Lilya found herself slowly breathing in and out to keep herself calm, her eyes flittering open and shut to keep her feeling relatively focused, even if she wasn’t, as she tried to train onto Lachesis’ and Kisla’s words. Lach seemed to talk Kisla down from war, giving permission for him to speak with the Whitestone alphas about what had happened – Lilya had already made up in her mind that she was going to go with him – no matter what was going to happen next, she wanted them to see what had happened, and, if it came to it, and they did dissolve the alliance with this attack, then she wanted them to see that a River wolf doesn’t go down easy.

They would need every advantage they could get if it did come down to a fight. Then there were the Rye wolves – she liked them, at least, those of them that she had met. They all seemed nice, and she liked to consider Jessie a friend on the few times she had encountered her. Kisla’s gaze, no matter how short it was, on her intimidated her. Lilya wasn’t sure if it was that she was still frazzled from Mittani’s attack or if it was her continued denial of her own condition for a mild fear of what was going to come when Kisla noticed or commented on it. She didn’t want to lose her home, but she couldn’t help the feeling that she’d betrayed them. Their numbers were already small.