(See All?) Announcements
251 Users Online
Bing, Google

the morning after — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
RE: Snowmaggedon! A foot of snow has fallen overnight!

lorcán & inna
I don't have to tell you what this is all about
because baby half the fun is figuring it all out
So don't turn off the lights, I don't wanna be In the dark tonight
because I can't read your mind, I need to know if What I'm doing is right

Pale paws carried him in the direction of home as he and Inna made their way towards the lowlands. Golden eyes stared blankly ahead as he traipsed through the thick freshly fallen snow, his mind too preoccupied with the images that flashed inside his mind to focus properly. Lids slid shut as he blinked back to reality and turned his head around to glance back at the dark woman who travelled a few feet behind him. Her scent still clung to his fur, a reminder of the previous morning and he couldn't help but want to bury his nose in her obsidian fur just one more time. Salmon pink tongue swept hungrily across his lips as he paused, allowing @Inna to catch up to him, before nuzzling her neck affectionately.

"What are you going to do when you get back to Hearthwood River?" He breathed as his russet ears slid back against his head, not hiding his disappointment about the idea that she had to leave him now to return to her family. A part of his wished that they could remain together but he knew deep down that they could not remain in their secret fantasy world forever, it was inevitable that at some point they would have to wake from the dream. Besides, they both had their place within their respective packs, and Lorcan was sure that they were both being missed by now. The male just hoped that he wouldn't be walking back into the mayhem that he had tried to escape in the first place.

# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
lorcán & inna

It was coming to an end, her time with Lorcan and she didn't want it to. More than anything she wanted to pull him back there and forget she had so many things on her shoulders in Hearthwood. As she trailed behind her friend she knew she had to get back to Hearthwood and her family, surely they would be missing her by now. Especially since she hadn't told them where she was going, she'd just left which she hoped wouldn't bring any repercussions. Lorcan had to get back too before he was missed which he might be. He was their healer, an important part of the pack. Inna hoped he didn't get into trouble on account of her, she would hate for something to happen to him because she'd asked him to stay with her.

The sound of his footfalls stopped causing her to look up finding him waiting for her as she caught up to him. He nuzzled her neck as soon as she had and she placed a kiss on his cheek before letting his question hang in the air a moment as she thought it over. “I guess I should visit with everyone,” everyone she was close to anyway, “It's been a long time since I've really been home.” She finally said. She looked into his golden gaze as she laid her head against his neck, “What are you going to do upon your return?” She returned the question curious what he would be doing once he was home.

She thought about their time together and how special it had been for her and decided she wanted to keep it for herself. Besides she wasn't sure she should tell them what has transpired between her and Lorcan. “I want to go back to the meadow with you,” she told him, “You're the only one I trust won't leave me.” She pulled away from him to look into his golden eyes once more not knowing why she was feeling as she was. “Thank you Lorcan for staying with me,” she said holding his gaze before placing another kiss to his cheek. She wanted to be sure to tell him before they parted ways.

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2017, 06:12 PM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
lorcán & inna

A shiver shimmered down his spine and caused his fur to bristle in response to the soft kiss Inna placed on his cheek. A giddy smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he gave himself a moment to recompose himself, shaking his fur to push back the erotic thoughts which had come trickling back at her touch, before his turned his head again to place his golden gaze upon her face as she spoke. Her words sparked some curiosity in the agouti male and a frown etched between his white brows as he reconsidered her reply. "What..you mean hadn't come from Hearthwood when we met in the lowlands?" His head tilted to the side, concern beginning to bubbling up in his chest at the idea that she had been away from home for much longer than he had originally thought.

When Inna returned the question back to him, his russet ears pushed back against his head momentarily in awkwardness. "Uhh, I guess I will just do the same as you and check in with everyone." He replied, the wobble in his voice hinting at his nervousness about the the whole situation. "I'm just hoping things have grown less tense whilst I've been away." He finally admitted with a sigh, his head dipping low in embarrassment. The Whitestone healer wasn't really sure what he would do if it hadn't.

A moment of silence passed between them before Inna's voice suddenly rose up again. Russet ears perked up at her desire, a single brow raising in surprise. He felt flattered really, that he out of everyone was the one individual that she felt she could trust to sit around. A subtle smile pulled at his charcoal lips and the agouti male felt his cheeks grow warm at the sentiment as he caught her deep orange eyes gazing across at him. However it was only as she thanked him and placed another kiss on his cheek that he realised how serious she was being and how much he apparently meant to her. He felt his chest sink a little, suddenly feeling the pressure of her reliance on him clench at his heart. His ears flattened against his head subconsciously as he swallowed, his smile fading from his lips.

He had brought this on himself. Their playful flirting had gone too far and now, now he worried that she thought of him of not just a friend but something more.

Lorcan wasn't sure how to handle it, apart from play to his gentlemanly nature and try his best to convince her that nothing was wrong and that—"You'll be okay, Inna." He murmured, forcing a small smile to his subtly quivering lips as he looked into her warm orange eyes before turning away. His golden eyes gazed out across the vast tundra expanse that they traipsed along the edge of as he silently considered his next sentence. "We can go back to that meadow, we will, but only once we've both had a chance to settle into pack life again." He promised her, immediately questioning the rationality behind that promise.

# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
lorcán & inna

She'd been through so much in the last year her time with Lorcan had been exactly what she'd needed. While everyone else had run off to deal with the pain of losing Maksim she had stayed and and did her part in trying to keep the pack alive. Having the two weeks without any of that, just her and Lorcan to worry about themselves, it was like finally being able to take a breath after holding it for so long. Lorcan had given her that and she wouldn't ever forget that he had cared enough to stay. She loved him for that, for being the friend she needed when she didn't know she had needed him.Their time together had been like a dream where their packs didn't exist and it was just the two of them. Days were filled with playing and flirting or just resting together under the bright midday sun or under the shimmer of the stars. They had shared everything moment together getting to know more about each other. Now as they plodded along into the lowlands reality set in he would have to leave her for his pack. Go back to their lives as they had left them, her kiss to his cheek, the last vestiges of their time together. The answer to his question seemed to have brought up a curiosity in Lorcan her gaze drifting to him, “I've been on the mountain for a while with my brother looking for my sister,” she told, “When I started to feel weird I told Aleksei I had to go and I returned home to speak to my mother and Lachesis. When you found me I had only been home for a day when I had gone out to the lowlands to get away from the tension and to find some relief from it all,” she explained. Inna hoped that helped to ease whatever curiosity he might’ve had.

As he answers the question she'd returned on him it was her turn to tilt her head concern for him evident in her features. “I hope things at home have improved but if they haven't you can call on me and we can go hunting or scouting like we talked about.” He had been there when she'd needed someone so as it should be if he needed someone then she would be there for him. Inna didn't believe in one sided friendships and wouldn't have one. She bumped his chin with her muzzle to get him to cheer up as he seemed rather down about going home. “Whatever is bothering you we can talk about it before we go. It's what friends are for, to listen.”

After a few moments of silence passing between them Inna finally spoke being as honest as she could. Her feelings of not wanting to go home,how she trusted him and most importantly thanking him for what he'd done for her. He really had no idea how much he had helped her in the past two weeks. She hoped that one day he would have the chance to know what their trip effect had on her. For now she wanted to make sure he knew how much she had appreciated what he'd done for her. As she looked at him she noticed the sudden change in his facial features, “Is everything okay?” She asked unsure of what could have caused it and hoped he might explain it to her. His words telling her she'd be okay struck something inside of her, “I know, I always have been and I doubt it will change,” she replied her tone void of any emotion. She wouldn't be there with him if she had not learned to take everything in that was dropped on her. She certainly didn't need Lorcan to tell her she was going to be okay.

The he was promising her they would go back to the meadow, she looked down at her paws a whine escaping her. “Please Lorcan don't make promises to me unless you fully intend to keep them. So if you really mean it I will gladly go with you.” Promises was something else she had a hard time with, so many had made her promises and broken them that she no longer trusted them until proven. “I'm sorry, it's just….”

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2017, 06:14 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
lorcán & inna

Lorcan listened carefully as Inna explained how she had been out travelling in search of her sister before they had met. The fact that she had only returned home for a single day before disappearing again gave him a cause for concern and his brows furrowed to show it. Surely her mother would be growing sick with worry by now? "You should definitely return home today, I'm sure your mother has been worrying about you." He said, his voice serious.

As the agouti male provided his own answers to the same questions, he noticed the concern growing on her face before she eventually suggested that they should meet up again if there was still tension within the pack. "I would like that." He mused as a small smile graced his charcoal lips. At least with her suggestion they would both be doing something useful for their packs instead of just simply running away from their responsibilities. Lorcan let out a chuff as she affectionately bumped his chin to try and cheer him up. "It's nothing, really, it's just.." He sighed. "Last time I was there I got into trouble with a couple of my pack mates. I'd hate for them to hold a grudge against me." He admitted, his tail curling up under his legs awkwardly.

Her invitation back to the meadow made him anxious; anxious about that idea of her becoming clingy and demanding after the time they had spent together. Lorcan knew that his overarching loyalty was to the pack, not to her. The idea that she would try to steal him away from his duties worried him. He had worked hard for his role and his position within Whitestone. It was not something that he was prepared to loose for the sake of a few hours of pleasure. She was his friend, someone he cared for, but Inna was not his guiding light.

“Is everything okay?”

Her honeyed voice brought his back from his thoughts and caused the male to blink as his golden eyes refocused on her before he finally nodded silently in response. Inna seemed to take offence to his words of encouragement and replied coldly. His brows furrowed in confusion, not used to the lack of emotion in her voice. A heartbeat later a whine rung in his ears which caused him to immediately focus all of his attention on her. Guilt gripped his chest and his ears flattened against his skull as he lowered his muzzle down to nuzzle at her cheek in an attempt to comfort her. "Inna, I mean it, we will go back there one day." He desperately tried to assure her. "Just not yet." He revealed, golden eyes searching for her deep orange gaze. "I just can't keep walking out on my pack like that, without a word." His voice softened as he leaned into her. "As my friend, you must understand that?" He whispered, tilting his head to one side in question.

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2017, 06:16 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
lorcán & inna

His words about her mother brought a shrug out of the ebony Baranski. She loved her mother more than she thought Kisla really knew but like everyone else her mother had left her. Inna knew she had a good reason, their family in the south had to know about her father. It still didn't change that she had left when Inna needed her most. “I suppose she might be worried. I'm not even sure she's in Hearthwood right now.” If Inna dwelled on it long enough she wasn't really sure she was missed at all. With the tensions she'd felt the day she had spent at home everyone was caught up in the same thing she'd been caught up with Lorcan.

The words he spoke in regards to her offer brought a smile to her face, “I'm sure it will be fun, like last time,” she said referencing when they'd hunted the rabbit. She brushed her muzzle along his to try and comfort him as he told her about the tension and run in he'd had with his packmates. “It's important you return to ensure that doesn't happen but if you need anything Lorcan you know where to find me. I'll always be willing to listen.” She cared for him and wanted him to do well in his life. Part of that was ensuring good relationships in his pack so it was important he return. “I hope everything works out for you with your packmates,” she tried to encourage him so that he could maybe return with a better outlook on the situation.

Ever since she'd returned to Hearthwood after her time on her own Inna had learned one thing that she held above all others. She had to rely on herself because that was what she had to when her family had left her in Hearthwood. Lorcan telling her she'd be okay struck a nerve in her that made it hard for her to hide any emotions regarding. She looked into his golden gaze after he'd asked if everything was okay, “Of course, I'll be alright you know like I always have to be for my family and my pack. It's me who makes it alright for myself.” It's how she got by and she didn't see any reason to hide how she felt about it from him. They were friends shouldn't she be able to confide in him about something like this? At least she hoped that would be the case or he could turn out like everyone else. Time would tell.

The meadow was a place she could go and forget it all, the peacefulness of it and how far it was from home. It was a place she wanted to share with Lorcan and him alone. He made her a promise to return there and she believed him but she also issued him a warning. Not to break his promise to her she wouldn't let him break another if he did. She met his gaze staring into his eyes as he tried to reassure her, “Someday then,” she said quietly but wanted to address something else he said. “I'm not asking you to keep walking out on your pack Lorcan I know how wrong that would be of me to ask that if you. It was merely a wish I know can never come true.” Because her wishes never did come true, if they did she would have her father, Orren, and Naira back but they weren't.

“As your friend I do understand that and I understand how hard you have worked to get where you are. I wouldn't ever ask you to jeopardize that it would be unfair of me.”

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2017, 06:16 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
lorcán & inna

Lorcan didn't even attempt to question Inna on why she was unsure that her mother would be around, though his brows furrowed in confusion all the same. The Whitestone healer still did not know a great deal about Hearthwood River, aside from the fact that presumably her mother ruled alongside Lachesis. Who was he to judge if there was a chance the lead female may not be around at such an important time of year - Craw wasn't - and Whitestone monadnock continued to function somewhat smoothly under the rule of Morganna and Wraith. Either way, it was important for the Hearthwood princess to return home. He would hate for her to get into trouble.

His frown soon washed off his face and was replaced with a smile as Inna grew excited about the idea of them going hunting or scouting again if the tensions within their respective packs were not yet resolved. "We can make it fun." He grinned, his golden eyes dancing along her form momentarily. "Plus, I'm in need of some hunting practice anyway." He added, bumping her shoulder lightly with his. The pair of them had already demonstrated that they were capable of working well together, which made honing in his hunting technique all the more easier.

The mood was dampened by their talk of pack tension and the agouti male appreciated Inna's attempts to comfort him by brushing her muzzle along his. He chuffed in acknowledgement of her kind gesture and nuzzled back at her. "Thank you, Inna." He murmured quietly, feeling a little less anxious now that he knew he would have someone to talk to if it all went against him. "You too."  He added, pulling away from her now to catch her deep orange gaze before offering an affirmative nod towards her.

Despite their well-wishes to each other, the Whitestone healer seemed to have struck a chord within the dark girl. A frown formed on his white brows as he listened to Inna's words. Russet ears pushed back against his head and his tail curled submissively between his legs as he took a couple of tentative steps away. Lorcan wasn't entirely sure how to react to her sudden hostility as he did not understand where it had come from. He could only assume that she was having one her mood swings again. It was the only thing he could think of that could explain why she was suddenly snapping at him. "Okay, okay." He retorted, voice pleading her to calm down. "I didn't mean it." He confessed, trying to catch her gaze. "I'm sorry." What exactly he didn't mean or what he was apologising for, he didn't entirely know, but it would be worth it if it meant that she would stop shouting at him.

Finally, they both managed to agree on something. They would go back to the mountain meadow, someday. He had to, after all he had promised her now. He wanted to make it clear to her though that it couldn't and wouldn't be a regular occurrence. Lorcan would never wish to jeopardise his position within Whitestone. That didn't mean that he didn't value Inna as a friend, but that's all she was and Lorcan didn't see the point in loosing his livelihood and all of his pack mates just for her. He had a life to live. Lorcan nodded awkwardly as Inna explained that she understood, but something she said caught him off guard and his nodding ceased.

"It was merely a wish I know can never come true."

He felt his skin prickle with frustration then and his top lip flickered in annoyance as he allowed her to finish talking before he swiftly interjected. "—and as your friend, I promise that we will go back to that meadow.". His expression softened then. She at least deserved that off him. "I don't know when, but we will." He confirmed. At least then he was under no obligation to see her on a particular day and so could arrange the date later once he had a better idea of his schedule. Nervously he stepped forwards to quickly lick at her muzzle to prove to her that he meant it and that there were no hard feelings between them.

Golden gaze then turned to look back out to the lowlands and towards the great monadnock that he could see in the distance. "I better get going." He sighed, turning back to look at her.

# P O R C A N
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
lorcán & inna

Her mother, the woman she loved and would do anything for was also the woman who had left her to deal with her father's death on her own. Left her to make sure Hearthwood wouldn't fall apart in her absence and now was out doing who only knew what. Inna was almost certain Kisla wasn't worried about what she was doing but that had not been why she'd done what she had. Inna spent the time with Lorcan and she had given herself to him because it was what she wanted and felt she was ready for. If her mother truly cared she should have tried harder, kept a closer eye. It didn't matter anyway this was hers and Lorcan's secret and it would stay that way, two weeks of a fantasy that was perfect in every way.

She did look forward to hunting with Lorcan again just as she had last time when they’d hunted the rabbits. The two of them worked so well together which they had once again proven when they had brought down the goat. “Me too and maybe we can hunt another goat or something like it.” She didn't know what because there was nothing like having a hunt where your partner could fall so easily in sync with you. Hunting with Lorcan never seemed like work and instead left then able to have fun while doing it.

Talking about their packs only made it that more real that she had to go back to a place she had started to wonder about he r place there. Lorcan was worried about his relationships within his pack. Inna wished she could make it all better for him so he would be happy in his pack. What kind of friend would she be if she didn't want good things for him. She had to settle for confirming him the best she could. An appreciative chuff was all she needed to know that she was helping him. “You're welcome Lorcan and thank you I will remember that if I do need to talk.” She wished she had thought about visiting him sooner than she might not be shouting at him when it wasn't even his fault. So as he apologized for upsetting her she calmed herself, this wasn't like her and she felt badly for it. “I’m sorry Lorcan that was so wrong of me. It's nothing you did, I'm not angry with you how could I be you have done so much for me these past two weeks you do know i am grateful right?” She tried to make him understand, “I'm upset with the way some things have turned out in my life,” she clarified, “I know we must get going so and there is too much to tell but I would like to tell you someday.” He was her friend and she would never have a chance to get through it if she didn't get it out.

He had made her a promise which she would not hold him to as she did her brother but instead give him the time to keep it. The expression that crossed his features made her feel that there was still something she needed to explain. “You don't understand Lorcan. I trust you will keep your promise, you haven't given me any reason not to it's just I have a lot on my shoulders back home and being in that meadow and traveling with you for the past two weeks. Well I haven't had to worry about any of it and it was nice. I'm just not sure about a lot of things right now where home is concerned.” She'd had much too much time to think, “It's just the idea of escaping if all, everything that has gone wrong it's appealing and the meadow was so peaceful. I know I have to go home and so do you. We have our lives we have to get back to and our responsibilities and those who rely on us. So a wish to run away to the meadow after the year I've had... if you knew I think you would want that too.”

Then he was telling her he had to get going, it seemed so abruptly and in that moment she wonder would he be like the rest. Promise of no promise, would he leave her too like all the rest.”Me too,” she said, what else was there to say?

(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2017, 06:20 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
lorcán & inna

Lorcan kept his golden gaze upon the dark girl and watched her as she appeared to grow more calm with each passing heartbeat. The frown that had etched its way between his white brows softened then as he looked across to her, russet ears pricking up as she moved her lips to speak. "I know." He breathed, moving closer to lean in towards her, though truthfully he didn't. He just wanted to reassure her. His curiosity had been captured though and so he kept digging. "It's okay, you can tell me." He murmured, brushing his muzzle affectionately along the back of her neck to try and encourage her to continue. Inna decided it was too long of a story however and would therefore prefer to tell him another time. "Okay, well...if there is anything I can do, Inna, just tell me." He might have wanted to return back to his pack but he also did not want to leave his friend in such a sorry state, especially after their wonderful time together.

Apparently he was understanding her all wrong. Lorcan bit his lip in frustration and gave a sharp flick of his tail behind him. His brows furrowed as he listened and tried desperately to understand and read between the lines. His ears deviated between being upright and flattened against his head as he listened to the torrent of words that left the girl's lips. She barely had a moment to breath with all the words flowing out continuously one after the other. Lorcan would have liked to interject, but the agouti male didn't. He didn't get the chance to. His paws shifted awkwardly on the floor as he settled on just listening for now, his serious gaze not leaving hers once throughout the whole speech. Finally silence filled the air between them, signalling his opportunity to speak.

"Inna, Listen." he began, his voice stern before he suddenly realised how rude he sounded and forced himself to take on a gentler tone of voice. "I really enjoyed the past two weeks we've spent together. As you say, it was nice to get away from it all for a while." His chin tilted down as he looked down at her, moving closer so that her head was level with the thick for of his neck and chest. "It was fun." A cheeky grin pulled at the corners of his lips then and exposed a set of pearly white fangs as he looked down at her before he tugged playfully at her ear. "—and you're right. I don't know about everything that you've been through and may be still going through." His voice had grown more serious and sincere now. "—but I'm here for you, Inna. We might not be able to go back to the meadow right away, but we can meet up at the lowlands or something and go hunting together, like we planned. It might only mean that you get away for a few hours, but its the best I can do for now."

# P O R C A N