(See All?) Announcements
508 Users Online
Google, Bing

A hymn for the missing — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
For any and all CAD woofs if they wanna pop in and say hello. Askan is outside the boundary lines (playin nice) Scout dem 1/3 Backdated to the 14th

As tempting as it had been to remain hidden away forever in their own little slice of paradise, Askan knew that it wasn't an option. That whether they liked it or not the world would keep turning and more importantly, Percy wasn't going to be found if he simply sat on his ass and/or spent all of his time with Reyes. They hadn't simply come south to hide from their problems,  Askan had promised Drestig that they would find her and that they'd bring Phoenix home. And now it was time to act on that promise, it was time to turn words into action. But unfortunately, it was a lot easier said than done.

Aimless searching hadn't gotten them very far and so Askan opted for a more directed approach. If they couldn't find her alone then they'd have to get a little help, they'd have to ask the locals if they'd seen her, and if so where. @Reyes, being the socialite of the two- who am I kidding, he's just as bad as Askan, if not worse- had opted to go hunting. And so this task was left to Askan, much to his dismay and disappointment. At least there was a silver lining to all of this. If things went well he'd find Percy and he could meet up with Reyes again. If things didn't go as well they'd at least know where she was. And if things didn't do well at all well...They'd be exactly in the same damn position. The Selwyn didn't want to think about it, it was painful, but he knew he'd be both blind and foolish if he didn't at least try to brace himself for it. It would hurt a lot more otherwise.

As he wandered through the woods his attention was drawn towards a heavy lingering scent, akin to that of a pack's border. Just like the fields boundaries, it was well maintained and clear-cut, suggesting that whoever patrolled it was both diligent and meticulous. Just like Askan. Following the invisible line for a few steps, the Yukon wolf debated on what to do. He had no intentions of invading their space but he did want to talk, to check if they knew anything. But at the same time, it couldn't be said he was eager to meet new people either. Ugh. Choosing to bite the bit, Askan tilted his head skyward and let out a low, timberous call. The sort that resonated deep in his chest and echoed all around, letting these pack wolves know that they had a visitor and that he wanted an audience sooner rather than later.

(This post was last modified: Mar 19, 2017, 06:40 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
guardian den 1/3

With spring just around the corner Leotie was looking forward to it more and more, to see the draw once the flowers had started to come out. She couldn't wait for the warmer weather and prey to become more abundant. Still there was a little time left before that would happen. In the meantime she felt it important bro keep up with her duties though with her symptoms she'd lingered on the fringes of the territory. She didn't want to snap at anyone or say anything she felt she might regret so she felt it best to keep to herself until she was feeling more like herself.

During her border patrol it was rather uneventful until she came upon a scent that was faintly familiar to her. As she came closer she was still having a difficult time placing it until she came into view of the large dark wolf at her border. A smile crossed her face as she remembered him from the bend. Her feelings toward him that he was okay just a little rough around the edges. “Hello Askan,” she said as she moved closer to where he stood, “What Brings you to Charred Ash Draw?” She was rather curious what he was doing so far south, if she remembered correctly he was in Jessie and Drestig's new pack.

<center>~Table by Switch</center>
(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2017, 12:09 AM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
scout dem 2/3

Askan didn't have to wait long, as a few moments later a familiar figure approached the border from the opposite side. For a moment he merely stood there, his bright yellow eyes squinting in confusion as he tried to put a name to her face. And then it clicked, like a puzzle piece slotting into place. But with that relisation came a whole string of questions, didn't she live in Oak Tree bend? Had something happened to the pack? And what the hell was a Charred Ash Draw?

None of that really mattered though, all of those questions took a back seat in comparison to his true aim. This wasn't a social call by any meaning of word. And sure, she was okay-he had no quarrel with Leotie- but by no means did he want to stand around and have a chit-chat. Like they were old friends or something. That said, he knew he wasn't in any position to demand anything. Especially being so far from home where the name Wild Rye Fields held little weight.

Clearing his throat, Askan responded with what little civility he could muster. "Yeah...Hey Leotie. Didn't expect to see you here." Or anyone he knew for that matter, though he supposed it did make things a little easier. "I want to ask your people a few questions. Drestig and Jessie's daughter has gone missing and is probably wounded. We searched every inch of the north and found nothing, so I've been sent south to ask around, see if she's here. You caught wind of anything like that? She's black, white patch on her chest. Orange eyes. Goes by the name Phoenix, or Percy."

It was a gamble, but it was one he had to take. At the very least it was worth putting up with Leotie's stink. Sure, it wasn't her fault or anything like that but it was the reason he had left the north in the first place. It was pretty hard keeping the revulsion off of his face, as even he knew it was pretty damn rude, but he managed. Or at least he hoped it did. It wasn't as bad. He could deal with it, as long as she kept a friendly distance and didn't do anything weird. Not that she seemed the sort to.

"Think anyone else in your pack has seen her? They mentioned anything?" He added, his nose wrinkling in distaste.

(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2017, 02:15 AM by Askan.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

It was quite the surprise to come to the border and find Askan there considering the last time she saw him he was visiting Oak Tree Bend. Since the bend wolves probably had no idea they'd settled in the Draw she doubted he was sent by them. So she thought it best to just let him tell her why he was there instead of trying to presume what had brought him to be standing in front of her.

Just as he was the first time she met he seemed awkward in the conversation but he got straight to the point. Her heart went out to Jessie and Drestig as she found out that their daughter was missing. She couldn't imagine losing a child and even worse not knowing what had happened to them. The agouti woman took in everything he said so she could relay it back to her packmates.

“It's a long story,” she stated when he expressed he hadn't expected to see her there. She didn't want to get into it as it was something she didn't particularly like talking about. She hadn't even told Sven when he told her about his rank challenge. Though learning he knew Sahalie she wondered how much her pale friend actually knew about what happened in the bend.

What she had to say wasn't what she wanted to tell him but she had to, “I’m sorry Askan I haven't seen Percy or heard anything that sounds like it might be her. I would be happy to keep an eye out for her though. You will give Jessie and Drestig my hopes that they find their daughter and if we do I'm sure Triell would let her stay here until we can get her home.”

Leotie couldn't imagine that Triell wouldn't since she wasn't aware of any hard feelings between him and Askan's alpha’s. She wished she could give the dark man more to go on but she didn't have any information about the child.

“I was hoping they would have been along by now but none of them have said anything to me about her.” It didn't mean they hadn't seen Percy, “I can ask them and if we do have any information we can get word to you or Jessie and Drestig,” It was the best she could offer. She did wonder where the rest of her packmates were, she thought it odd they hadn't appeared as they had with every other visitor they'd had at their border.

“Something I can offer is another place you can check, a pack a little further south about two days from here. You can try there, it may not amount to anything but for Percy it's worth a try. I can also speak with my packmates, inform them about what's happened and to keep an eye or ear out.”

<center>~Table by Switch</center>
(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2017, 07:43 AM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Namara who has 184 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
@Askan There ya go, finally got Maera in here

Border patrols, she found, were often an opportunity for her to be alone and allowed her some personal time rather than constantly being surrounded by her new family. She loved them, evidently, and had adjusted fairly well, but there were times where she couldn’t fight the desire to channel her introverted tendencies at times.

I can also speak with my packmates, inform them about what’s happened and to keep an eye or ear out? The situation seemed nonthreatening when Maera stumbled upon it, forcing herself to get exercise and move around so she didn’t feel like a lazy bum despite the life she knew now to be growing within her, curiosity piquing her face as she approached, a warm smile to Leotie and a slight dip of her head in greeting. “Something’s happened?” She asked softly as she looked to the stranger. She’d never met him, but Leotie seemed relaxed, and spoke like she did know him. She had yet to find a reason to not trust her judgement.

“I apologize, how rude of me.” She mused softly – she didn’t know him and therefore he did not know her. “I’m Maera.” She felt it was self-explanatory that she was a member of the Draw, given the fact she’d approached from within the territory and had addressed Leotie as she had.

[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Scout dem 3/3

Askan wasn't fond of repeating himself- he never had been- but when another Draw wolf turned up on the scene he had a sinking feeling he'd have to whether he wanted to or not. Resisting the urge to sigh, his gaze flickered over to the newcomer and he took in her form with his usual, weighty stare. Like The Yukon wolf, her coat was a dark muddy brown. However, whilst her colouring was solid and consistent, Askan's was dappled with various hues of brown and of course flecks of greyish-tan. Her eyes weren't as bright nor as striking as his,but there was something about them, something he couldn't quite place at first glance.

She didn't look the sort to hand out apologies but he wasn't going to make her retract it and instead merely nodded as she came closer. And Askan's nose twitched as he noticed something. Her scent was different from the sickly tint that Leotie carried, it held a promise of life, as though something had changed enough to make her stand out. She was pregnant. Well, good for her and all that. Better this wolf than a loner, he supposed as at least this one would have a pack to support her and her young.

When she offered her name, he just nodded in acknowledgement and stored it away, lest he needed to use it again sometime in the future. If things went well and they found Percy safe and well he didn't intend to come this far south again. And so probably wouldn't come across the Draw wolves again. But just in case, it seemed wise to leave a decent impression on them. After all, it wouldn't do if the whole of Relic Lore hated his pack because he couldn't handle being civil.

"Name's Askan Selwyn from Wild Rye Fields, up north. Was just telling Leotie about a pup that has gone missing, black, orange eyes with white patch on her chest. Sound familiar? We've been searching for weeks. Scoured the whole north and found nothing, not even one clue."

(This post was last modified: Mar 25, 2017, 07:24 PM by Askan.)