(See All?) Announcements
839 Users Online
Google, Bing

take me back to sunny days. — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes
RE: Snowmaggedon! A foot of snow has fallen overnight!
Open to one or two others!

They weren’t attached at the hip, not exactly – being Drestig’s second meant Askan was trusted with more pack business than the newcomer was. And that was fine. He was no one’s errand boy. But peeling his eyes open met the man with a very unwelcome surprise, and he would have given almost anything in that particular moment to be curled up under the fir tree with Askan.

Instead, he was blanketed from almost nose to tail in a truly absurd amount of snow.

Enough, in fact, that getting to his feet was a bit of a struggle, the powder falling away and swarming him like a thousand angry bees. Reyes sneezed once, twice, and shook his head violently, only to realize he was shivering. “Dios mio,” he muttered under his breath, tail pressed against his hind limbs as he whined, narrowed eyes searching the horizon for any sort of shelter. He probably wouldn’t see Askan until the end of the day, if today at all – ugh. “The fuck is it with this damn forest and snow?”

Maybe he should go home. Maybe he should just say fuck all and go back south, to the sand, to the sun… Would Askan come with him? Or was he more tied to Wild Rye Fields than anything else?

Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
blob attempts to post so kerb can meet the reybae

He was very tired lately despite how things had been relatively calm. His mate's changes became more and more evident by the day. It would likely take him until the child (or even children) was here to realize that he was going to be a father. He also noticed Naira's changes which meant he'd have the joy of teaching more Tainn children. Reiko and Treyah were still his focus for now, though. Nothing in the world would ever make him forget about his favorite sibling duo.

The tawny second had set out to see if he could bring anything home. Perhaps he could get lucky and find something already dead. Granted with all this damn snow everywhere he was sure anything was buried. Frozen solid too, for that matter. He was considering turning back and finding a cache for Maera to have a snack from. That was until he thought he caught something moving ahead. Kerberos didn't think he had smelt anything worthwhile but that didn't mean he shouldn't check it out.

His dark tawny form crept through the snow as silent as possible. Pale yellow eyes caught a better look at what he had seen earlier. Some dark wolf who kind of looked like that one guy he had met north. What was his name? Alan? No, no. Askan. Kerberos probably could have been convinced it was the brash male had it not been for two things. One, he lived all the way north so no reason for him to be down here. Two, Askan didn't have such an ugly mug. From what the young male could recall Askan had been a rather handsome and clean individual where this stranger seemed more scrappy and rough around the edges.
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

For a few solid minutes, Reyes just allowed himself to stand and shiver, silently hating the winter as much as it seemed to hate him in return. This is what you get, his mind seemed to play on repeat, and he folded his ears further and further back until they simply ached with the effort. Or maybe he was just that cold. Whatever it was, be it anger or simple misery, even his bones felt sore; it was time to move.

The wolf gave himself another fierce shake – the snow was still falling, still intent on burying him beneath a chilling blanket – and set forward at a walk. Where the fuck was Askan? When the hell was his business going to be done?

It wasn’t until he had started to move that he realized another wolf was shadowing him – even then, the stranger was so quiet, he may not have if the wind had not shifted suddenly. Reyes laid his ears back, immediately put off by the cryptic behavior. His tail stiffened and bristled, bulky winter coat making the burly male appear thicker than he already did. “The fuck are you, cabrón?” he muttered hoarsely, peeling back a lip to offer sharp teeth. “Sneakin’ around, tcht. What d’ya want?”

[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
He felt strange looking over this lone male but he had only done it because he thought it was someone he knew. Now that he knew it wasn't he figured staying in his position might be safest. That was until the winds shifted. Before Kerberos could even think about booking it the gnarly male turned around. Some of his words were something Kerberos had never even heard before. "I'm a wolf, like you." He sneered in reply. Even if this wasn't Askan he still had that sharp personality like him. What kind of question even was the fuck are you, caribou? Kerberos wasn't really positive about that last word but it sounded close enough.

"I live around here. I kind of make it my business when strangers wander around these woods." He shrugged nonchalantly. "Besides, you looked like someone I met before but they told me they lived way up north. Not to mention once I caught a glimpse of your scars I definitely knew it wasn't who I thought it was." Askan at least spoke real words too. This males rough attitude and exposed teeth didn't worry Kerberos that much. During his time in the Draw he had toughened up and was positive he could kick this guy's ass if it came to it. Of course, he didn't want to but wants were always different from needs.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Ears flipped backwards once more, lip peeling further upwards to reveal rows of ivory knives. Violence did not scare him – his face and the knotted skin there should have been evidence of his intentions enough. Even then, his signals were honest ones. He was not some yellow-bellied coward, to offer forth a promise of brutality if current behavior persisted. The pack wolf might have been confident in his ability to kick ass, but Reyes too was certain he could hold his ground if the stranger didn’t give him some damn space. He hadn’t spent three years as a loner just to take a whooping the moment a wolf looked at him the wrong way.

“Well, pendejo, I kind of make it my business to keep my head attached to my shoulders.” And pack wolves, snooping around when he wasn’t making any real trouble – wasn’t even that close to the borders that Askan had gone to investigate. Were there any other packs in the area? Did this guy belong to the one that his companion was trying to make nice with? That certainly threw a wrench into the works.

Reyes grumbled under his breath, ignoring the continual shiver as he shook his coat out for a third time – none of this seemed to deter the snow from continuing to fall on his head. “I’m waiting for someone,” he growled. “I ain’t breakin’ no rules. So get the stick outta yer ass and settle th’ fuck down.”

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Kerberos didn't care how many threats was given to him. Maera had taught him how to fight and she had been a loner her whole life till he came along. Certainly what she taught him was enough for him to prove a point with some edgy delinquent. It was making him wish it was Askan who was giving such a sharp attitude.

It didn't help that he couldn't understand some of the words this guy was saying. Kerberos made an obvious scoffing sound. "You're waiting for someone in this horrendous weather?" Are you stupid? He wanted to verbally lash but knew better than to openly throw his thought out there. "One to talk. You planning on taking your own advice?" The tawny Rigel could easily be convinced that there was not only one stick, but a whole damn bundle of sticks up this guy's ass and clearly they weren't doing him any good.

He shook out his coat to wash away the chill and any loose snow. Yellow eyes stared at the stranger waiting to see what else would escape that foul mouth. If he was a human with money he would have gladly placed a bet that it would be more curses and strange words that made no sense. Perhaps the rude male had been out in the snow just a bit too long.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“Tccccht!”

Of course he was waiting for someone in this horrendous weather! What was he supposed to do, turn tail and leave Askan out here alone? If this was the pack the beta was visiting with, he certainly couldn’t depend on their hospitality. Reyes lifted his head, flicking his tongue against the back of his teeth. Take his own advice. This asshat was a piece of work, wasn’t he?

“Always this way,” he snapped, ears pressed flat against his skull. Shit, if he hadn’t joined up with Wild Rye Fields, he’d run this dumb ass brute off without a second thought. His tail snapped from side to side-- Shit, if he hadn’t joined Wild Rye Fields, he wouldn’t but stuck out in his horrid weather. Clicking his teeth a second time, Reyes decided there was only one way to deal with this, really. “The hell you from, anyways? What’s your name? How many packs are around here?”

Even though this particular wolf wasn’t that minatory, there were pack relationships to think about. Unless there weren’t, unless Askan was somewhere else, safe, and then-- And then-- The swarthy male licked his lips, eyes narrow as he stared into the snow.

(This post was last modified: May 04, 2017, 01:35 AM by Reyes.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
uh heck i suck srry

"Tccccht!"

Now what kind of horrendous damn sound was that? Did the male just get bit by something? Was he dying? An awful cough? Kerberos could have likely sat there all day and thought of hundreds of things the dark male sounded like. He was glad when the male seemed to say something more understandable instead of caribou or dying cat sounds. "Ain't nothing wrong with trying something new." Especially if he was always this way. A god had blessed the soul that could put up with it because it sure as shit wasn't Kerberos.

The string of questions that came flying forth made the tawny male raise a brow. Just who did he think he was? Getting to be all snappy then suddenly ask everything under the sun. "Why's it matter to you?" Perhaps had it not been so damn cold and he hadn't already been tolerating of this male he would have coughed up the information with ease. Maybe he even would have done a little dance and sang a happy tune. Really he wouldn't have but the point was this dark male wasn't getting anything out of the tawny male. Not an offer to hide away from the cold and certainly not knowledge about the palce.

Inactive No Rank
Reyes

“Sure fuckin’ is when you’re liable t’get killed, tcht.”

Fuckin’ privileged pack wolves. He was never able to put a paw on it before, but it suddenly occurred to Reyes that was exactly what put the sour taste in his mouth. His tail swatted behind him as he kept his jaw clenched shut. If he kept this up, he was liable to break his fucking teeth – or say something really fucking stupid. Which wouldn’t matter, but now he was one of those thankless pack wolves, and shit if that didn’t make his head hurt. Dios mio, he just wanted to knock this guy around.

Was that really so much to ask?

Evidentially, yes. So was a name. Or a pack. And if he was gonna keep this coy shit up, Reyes was pretty sure he was going to blow a fuckin’ gasket. His teeth ground against one another as his ears laid back, and he finally peeled his lip up in an ugly snarl, hackles bristling up towards the sky. “Y’know what? Fuck you, puta. You ain’t worth my damn time.” It was like arguing with a tree. He was better off just moving on and trying to find Kana himself.

So without a word, he did just that, pushing beyond the wolf’s territory and back into the woods.

One more post from @Kerberos and we can call it a wrap?  c: