544 Users Online
Google, Bing

take these broken wings — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
@Lachesis - backdated to the 2nd April

Dark lashes gently fluttered open as a beam of sunlight fell across his face and a soft snort erupted from his nostrils as he was awoken from his sleep. Golden eyes groggily scanned his surroundings and his nostrils flared as he inhaled the menagerie of scents that greeted him that cold morning. He had chosen to sleep outside for his first night within the new pack territory. He hadn’t yet had the chance to grow accustomed and comfortable with his position within Hearthwood River, but with any luck, that was about to change.

Shuffling up onto his pale paws, the agouti male shook his pelt free of the snow and frost which had collected on the tips of his fur over the past twelve hours before bowing down into a much needed stretch. Charcoal lips parted wide as a yawn escaped him before he once again glanced around somewhat lost. Today his goal was to find Lachesis, let him know that he was here, and to talk about his role within the pack. If there was one thing that Lorcan couldn’t stand it was feeling useless. He needed a purpose, besides secretly looking out for Inna and their litter

Working up into a comfortable jog, the newest Hearthwood set about his search for the alabaster leader. Having only been within the pack for barely a day, Lorcan had no idea of the daily routine of each of its members. With that in mind, the agouti male set off with his dark nose sniffing at the crisp morning air as well as the snow covered ground as he attempted to track down his leaders trail. 
(This post was last modified: Apr 06, 2017, 08:14 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
sorry for wait @Lorcan! <3

It had been a shock to discover that Craw and Morganna were no longer the leaders of Whitestone, for he had established a good relationship with both wolves (the silver spider in particular). The ghost would hate to see the northern pack crumble under new leadership, for he had seen the same thing happen in Pitch Pine Trail after the death of Shade Slayer. When he had permanently stepped up into Maksim’s place after the agouti’s passing Lachesis worried that the same would happen to the river pack. They were surviving; picking up the pieces and trying to move forward. It was the only thing they could do. He hoped that the monadnock wolves were capable of doing the same. Their leaders may not have passed, but they had still lost both of them. It was going to be difficult to adjust, especially for those who were close to the spider and his mate.

His nostrils twitched as a familiar scent reached him. One that he did not expect to be in Hearthwood territory. A frown creased his features as his course changed, the ghost’s long legs carrying him quickly through the river territory. The raven Baranski was not a stranger to the monadnock—could she have returned with a guest, or perhaps had spent time with the tawny healer? His frown only deepened at he thought, his pace increasing.

“Lorcán,” he greeted with narrowed brows as he approached the tawny wolf, his head tilted slightly to the side. “What are you doing here?” In Hearthwood? Not that he minded—the healer was always welcome in the Kingswood. But who had greeted the yellow-eyed wolf at the borders and invited him inside? Inna, perhaps? He knew the raven was quite fond of the healer, and upon XIX’s urging, had developed a friendship with the Whitestone wolf. But Inna was nowhere to be seen and neither was Kisla. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The sound of his own name caught him by surprise. Whipping his head around quickly, golden eyes widened at the sudden appearance of Lachesis, the very wolf he had been looking for. “Lachesis—sir.” He stuttered, a bit startled, not yet used to addressing the male as his leader. Immediately he slowly turned around to face the larger alabaster male, body crouching lower and his tail curling submissively between his hind legs. Russet ears pressed back against his head too, just for good measure. It must have been confusing to for @Lachesis to find someone that he knew to be a Whitestone wolf within the heart of his territory, so Lorcan wasn’t taking any chances with the way he greeted him.

The inevitable question came next, causing Lorcan to awkwardly bite his lip as he silently flustered to find the words to explain. “I—um, Craw and Morganna left Whitestone. A lot of members left as well.” He began, his golden gaze drifting down to his paws as he began to feel guilty about what he was about to say next. “I couldn’t stay at the monadnock, it wasn’t the same, not after they both just abandoned us like that.” He paused, his brows furrowing with anger as he bit back his words that threatened to burst out. “I arrived here yesterday, Kisla let me in.” He explained, swiftly moving on with the topic of conversation. “I figured I could offer my services here…” He said, his voice growing a little sad then before his golden eyes flickering up to meet the pale yellow-green of Lachesis’ gaze. 
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
sorry for the wait! <3

His expression only grew more curiouser as the tawny male adopted a submissive stance, his ears painted against the back of his skull as the healer greeted the lanky ghost. It alarmed him that there were no other river wolves present and that a Whitestone wolf was walking aimlessly through their territory, but he trusted the yellow-eyed wolf. Although relations between the two northern packs had grown strained due to an attack on the mother of his children Lachesis still respected the agouti before him. Surely there was a good reason as to why he was intruding…

“I did hear about their departure—I met with Wraith and Piety recently,” the ghost interjected before Lorcán began speaking once more, explaining his presence in Hearthwood. His confused features were almost immediately replaced with excitement, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. It worried him that others had left Whitestone alongside Morganna and the silver spider, but he was pleased to see an asset like Lorcán knocking on Hearthwood’s borders. “I am sorry to hear what happened to Whitestone,” he started, offering his condolences to the tawny wolf, “but I am pleased to see you decided to seek out Hearthwood. Your services will always be welcomed here.” As both the healer and leader of the river pack (since his daughter was still absent from their ranks) Lachesis was happy to have another wolf with a medical background. The ghost had incorporated herb collecting into his patrols but he could not dedicate as much time to it as he would have liked due to his alpha duties. 

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lachesis seemed both surprised and concerned to see him there. Lorcan couldn’t blame the male really, having only ever been associated with Whitestone, it seemed logical that the alabaster leader would still assume that to be the case. It was for that very reason that the agouti male made every effort to appear submissive and non-threatening in front of the leader. He would not dare to take up a more relaxed posture until @Lachesis was fully aware of the situation; that Lorcan was now in fact a Hearthwood subordinate. 

Chin tilted subtly to one side when the alabaster leader interjected, white brows raising in surprise as he glanced up to the larger male. “You did?” He asked quietly, the question slipping from his mouth before he even realised it. Immediately he dropped his gaze again and flattened his ears in apology before waiting a moment or two before continued to explain his reason for being there.

Russet ears pricked up at the condolences offered up by the Hearthwood leader. Lorcan glanced up then, his expression pained as he gave a small nod in thanks. The words which followed, however, quickly summoned a more joyous expressed to his handsome features. A small smile tugged at the corners of his charcoal lips and he lifted his tail out from between his legs so that it could sway behind him. “Th-that pleases me very much, sir.” He responded more cheerfully, his cheeks growing warm as he paused for a moment before continuing. “About my services…I wanted to ask, what role would you wish for me to pursue?” He asked curiously, glancing up to meet the male’s gaze. “As you know I was a healer at Whitestone, but Kisla mentioned that the pack is expecting three litters this year so…I wondered if you would wish for me to continue as a healer or if you would prefer for me to do something else?” He fell silent then, anxious to hear what Lachesis had to say.
(This post was last modified: Apr 17, 2017, 03:14 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
leader dem 1/3, advising on pack role

He could not deny he was wary about the healer’s presence in Hearthwood. Why, of all the packs in Lore, had the tawny healer decided to seek out the river for refuge? Lachesis knew that the agouti was familiar with a few river wolves, along with himself, so while he was concerned he was also not surprised. Lorcán knew the lay of the land in the north; therefore, it made sense for him not to wander too far from the lowlands. After Shade’s death in Pitch Pine Trail XIX and the blue-eyed dove had left due to a shift in leadership and no longer feeling comfortable in the pack so the healer’s departure from the monadnock was not surprising. Aside from what Craw had shared with him Lachesis did not know what happened atop the rock and despite the wolf before him no longer being a part of the pack he did not want to pry. The affairs of Whitestone did not interest him—unless another rogue member decided to attack one of his own a second time.

After learning that the white assailant had been removed from the pack the ghost did wonder if he would be paying Hearthwood a visit. He was happy that Lilya was not travelling too far, due to her swollen stomach, for he worried that Mittani would confront her if they were to cross paths in the lowlands. Until he was sure that the rogue had vacated the lowlands permanently he would be keeping a watchful eye on the sparrow.

“One of your former packmates attacked Lilya. We went looking for answers, as we were under the impression we had an alliance with them,” Lachesis explained at the healer’s question, his expression growing grim. “The wolf—Mittani—was removed immediately. We will see how the alliance holds up now. Kisla plans on speaking with the leaders of Wild Rye soon,” he added, not seeing a reason to hold the information from his new subordinate.

His ears twitched at Lorcán’s question, a small smile quickly replacing the scowl. Despite Lachesis’ own healing background, being the pack’s leader and healer was a difficult task. He knew that the agouti’s skills would be needed here. “Wherever you feel more comfortable,” he started, his tail swaying gently behind him. “Before I became leader I was Hearthwood’s healer, but unfortunately it can be difficult to juggle both responsibilities. If that is what you would prefer doing then I support that. But if you have something else in mind I’m all ears.” He would not object if the male wanted to seek something difficult. If needed, they could both be called upon to act as healer. Lachesis did not doubt that the agouti would excel at other roles. 

(This post was last modified: May 16, 2017, 01:04 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
White rose up in surprised and his golden eyes widened when Lachesis mentioned that a female of Hearthwood River had been attacked by a wolf from Whitestone. This of course came as a complete shock to the former Whitestone healer and a frown was soon etched upon his agouti features as the large alabaster male continued to explain how he and Lilya had taken a trip to the monadnock to confront the pack. “I-I had no idea.” Lorcan gasped, golden gaze glanced up to Lachesis innocently. “I’m so sorry..” He added, his black-tipped tail falling limply behind his legs ashamedly. 

Lorcan was still confused, however. Whitestone had been dealing its own internal issues, primarily the long-term absence of Craw, to even consider starting trouble with wolves from neighbouring packs and, besides, the wolves he had left behind at the monadnock were not the type to go and attack wolves needlessly – except maybe one. His top lip twitched and his frown deepened as he dared to ask delve deeper into the situation. “Do…do you know who it was?” He asked with serious concern.

“The wolf—Mittani…” His tail lashed behind him violently at the name and his charcoal lips curled back to exposed a set of pearl white fangs. Of course that conniving bastard was to blame! As he continued to listen to his new leaders plans on how to deal with the situation, his heart sunk when @Lachesis suggested the alliance between Hearthwood and Whitestone may not last. Kisla’s plans to form an alliance with the Rye wolves also did not entirely please him, but he figured now that he was no longer residing in the lowlands, there was less of a chance of him coming in to contact with Askan now and it would be a bad idea to bring up his past troubles with the dark male now. He needed to gain the Lachesis’ trust, not give him any incentive to distrust his character.

“I would just like to say, sir, that Mittani was nothing but trouble at Whitestone. He was only tolerated because he was an old friend of Craw’s and I am almost certain that Wraith and Piety are as glad to see him gone as you are…I assure you that they had nothing to do with the attack. None of us did..” He said, dropping submissively towards the ground as he tried to assure his new leader that, when it came to Whitestone, wolves like Mittani were the exception not the rule. 

Conversation then turned to his future role within Hearthwood and Lorcan waited nervously to hear what role Lachesis would have him take on. The smile that pulled across the dark lips of the alabaster male did well to lessen his anxiety and a smile soon spread across his own charcoal lips when Lachesis suggested he take on which ever role he was most comfortable with performing. Black tipped tail wagged behind him with enthusiasm. “I…um, think I would like to continue with the role of Healer, if that is okay with you?” He asked with a hopeful gaze. “I found the role to be very rewarding at Whitestone and I’d love it if I could continue to help the wolves in Heathwood, alongside yourself..” He explained, before adding. “But, I understand if you would like to put me on some kind of probation period first, to make sure I am up to standard for this pack – It makes sense, with the pups due and all…” He said awkwardly, before finally falling silent. He’d done all that he could to convince Lachesis of his desire for the role, it would now be up to the alabaster leader to decide if he would be offered it. 
(This post was last modified: May 10, 2017, 01:52 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
leader dem, advising on pack role 2/3

From the look of genuine shock on the tawny healer’s face Lachesis knew that his reaction was honest, and that he had been unaware that the attack had taken place. The ghost was still unsure of whether Craw had planned it or not, for his absence seemed too coincidental to not be involved. The most important thing was that neither Lilya or the puppies were harmed and that the white rogue was removed from the monadnock immediately after Lachesis confronted the new leaders. Part of him wished that they had abandoned their alliance with the northern pack, like Kisla had initially instructed. However, now that the threat and the silver spider were gone, the ghost hoped relations would go back to normal with Whitestone. He was still wary, of course, for he worried that Mittani might be lurking around the tundra, plotting another attack on the river wolves. He was outnumbered; therefore, it would be foolish for him to try, but Lachesis could not help but fret. It was what he did best.

He dismissed the healer’s response with a soft shrug, his lips curled into a lop-sided frown. “Thankfully Lilya was not severely injured during the encounter, otherwise the meeting with Whitestone would not have ended on such a good note.” There would have been restoring their alliance. Instead Hearthwood would be looking at joining with the Rye wolves to chase the remaining Whitestone wolves from their rock. The river wolves would not be chased from their home a third time.

His nose canted to the side as the agouti spoke once more, announcing that none of the Whitestone wolves were fond of the white rogue. Which only confirmed his suspicions further about Craw being involved with the attack. Had Mittani been one of the reasons why @Lorcan had chosen to leave? “I figured as much,” he responded with a small smile, his expression softening. “Wraith appeared to be angrier than I was.” His nose crinkled in mid amusement at this, his tail lashing out behind him. “If he’s smart he fled the lowlands to be with Craw again…” he added as an after-thought, hoping that was the case. If he had an encounter with the pale wolf there would be nothing left of him—he would not risk another attack on one of his subordinates (or their puppies).

His grim demeanour quickly changed as Lorcán stated that he would still like to pursue the role of healer in Hearthwood, much to Lachesis’ relief. As much as he liked tending to his packmates (and others) medically, his position as leader made it difficult on focusing on the role. Having someone who could fill the position full-time was a much better option for the pack, especially with three mothers due to give birth this spring. “Absolutely,” he beamed at the tawny male, his tail wagging slowly behind him. His brow lifted at the mention of a probation period and he quickly shook his head, casting the idea to the side. “That won’t be necessary,” he responded sternly despite the crooked grin that was perched upon his lips. “I know Inna trusts you and so do I. If you would like to keep your role as Healer then it is yours.” The raven Baranski had spoken highly of the former Whitestone wolf before; just because he had fled his former pack to join the river wolves did not deem him untrustworthy. Lachesis was pleased that the agouti had chosen to join their small clan instead of seeking out another pack.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Wrap this up with your next post? <3

Pale brows furrowed into a deeper frown, a mixture of confusion and anxiety clenching at his heart as Lachesis spoke of the subordinate that had been injured in the attack. The ex-Whitestone wolf gulped nervously as the large white leader hinted that the meeting with his previous pack mates may have taken a turn for the worst had the circumstances been different. “That’s—th-that’s good..” He stuttered, golden eyes glanced up nervously to Lachesis as he suddenly felt uncomfortable given his previous alliance with the pack in question. “If th-there is anything I can do to help, please, just let me know..” The offer was made in an attempt to regain the superior’s trust should his character now be tarnished by the apparent act of one of his past pack mates. 

To Lorcan’s relief, Lachesis seemed to believe him when he suggested that he and the other wolves of Whitestone had no involvement in Mittani’s brutal actions. His brows remained furrowed as @Lachesis described how angry Wraith appeared to be about the entire situation and his golden gaze averted to one side as he tried to imagine the dark male’s expression, a shiver soon quivering across his skin at the thought. 

His muzzle wrinkled as the pale leader suggested that @Mittani would be wise to flee the lowlands and go in search of Craw. A bitter scoff erupted from the agouti male’s throat as a snarl exposed the pearl-white colour of his fangs. “I don’t care where that bastard goes, so long as it’s far away from here.” He said bluntly, a growl running through his voice as he turned back to look at Lachesis. “If I ever smell him around here or the lowlands, I’ll be sure to chase him off.” He promised, the dark fur bristling along his back and his tail lashing violently behind him as he spoke. Though the experience might have been traumatic, Lorcan had managed beat him once before and there was no way he was going to allow the male to saunter around causing trouble when he would soon have pups to protect. 

The scowl soon faded from his expression as their conversation returned back to main reason he had gone in search of Lachesis. Black-tipped tail waved gratefully behind him as the leader’s smile beamed across at him at the mention of the healer role. Russet ears perked up and a brightness ignited in his golden eyes as Lachesis spoke of how much he and Inna trusted him and offered him the role right there on the spot. His eyes fell to the ground as he felt his cheek blush warm and a smile pulled at the corners of his charcoal lips as his gaze returned to Lachesis. “Th-thank you, sir!” He yipped in delight, his tail beating frantically through the air behind him. “I promise I won’t let you or the pack down.” He added, before he stepped forwards, his tail curled respectfully beneath him as he placed a submissive lick to his superior’s chin. 
(This post was last modified: May 21, 2017, 03:56 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health