(See All?) Announcements
702 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis

Perfect Strangers — Dragonfly Fen 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hussar who has 102 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
OOC: @Sahalie @Kino - I'm sorry for the awful long wait! I haven't played in english for over 2 years so I had to push through a writer's block of sorts... I also despise starting and I'm almost never happy with the starting posts so... But I should get better with time. Anyway, I haven't focused on the land this time, as I still have to get a feel of this place so I'll leave some things unsaid to be added by either of u if you want to c;

It has been a long while since Blackmoore felt... free like this. Born into a pack of Northcrest Valley, he always thought that he's not going to feel like this again after the proving. An old ritual for those coming of age into adulthood. Pretty simple in theory but a little harder to pull off in practice as there was no actual set of tasks for the young ones to go by. Just vague guidelines - "bring something useful for the pack". Which could meant anything. Some with aptitude for herbs were coming back with plants not native to their home. If the healers found those useful, they could apply for apprenticeship under them - thus with time coming back to the proving, but as judges this time. Others would try to prove their hunting skills by either banding up together to hunt for a big game and bring back a trophy. Others would hunt alone, for smaller, but preferably elusive prey like a snipe which is almost impossible to catch. One with a such trophy would be certain to be made a scout or pathfinder for the pack. There was also a warrior's way, where they young adventurers would venture out to usually come back with a few scars and a story to tell. Proving their mettle and strength to preserve and come back alive and in one piece. There was always room for those in a pack, even one so peaceful as his... Lastly, one could come back with information about the affairs of the neighboring packs and roaming groups. Which was what the male did, sort of. There was few other things he did, singularly none of those was of great importance but judged together - Blackmoore have earned his place back among the adults...

If he only knew it will be roughly for just a year though... But who could predict the takeover? Well, surely not him. After all he'd was way too young and inexperienced to see past the disguises of many to draw conclusions and predict anything. But would it be better for him if he'd threw his lot with the challenger? Blackmoore honestly doubted that from today's perspective. New alpha was violent, headstrong and mistrustful to the extreme. He would have leave the pack even if he wasn't suggested to do so by those who gained by supporting the change. That's how Moore have found himself roaming the "wilds" yet again, experiencing and getting even more familiar with the sensation of being on your own. Not above anyone, nor under. Part of him loved it, chocked almost on the freedom of not having to live under the "new management". At the other hand, despite it had been just little over two weeks - he'd already missed the pack. After all, they were pretty much everything he knew until this point...

The dice were cast though, and the black hued male have ventured forth - away from the valley he knew. There was no point in staying around, being constantly reminded - or worse, living on memories or false hopes for a change. He was still young and could make a name for himself, join a new pack. Or even perhaps create one of his own? There was no telling what the life might hold in store after all. With a such mindset Blackmoore have reached the southern edges of the Dragonfly Fen. Or rather a swampy bog, as he didn't really knew the true name of this place yet. For him it was an uncharted land, far beyond the lands of which he heard while being still a part of the Northcrest valley. Perhaps he'd would learn of it in it's due time, if not for the fact that it was still pretty much winter. One could sense the spring coming, in some days temperatures were finally rising so much that snow begun to melt. But it was way too early to see the namesake's of this place. For now, male have begun his trek along the Pitch Pine trail. He had to move slowly, snailing among the trees that grew here in a such abundance that snow haven't yet melted much. The abundance of shadows have prevented that so far... It was hardly noon but Blackmoore had to wonder already how quickly the night will settle in here, thanks to the thick cover of tree's...
(This post was last modified: Apr 11, 2017, 06:03 PM by Blackmoore.)
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
 @Sahalie your turn!
If I ever leave I could learn to miss you

Quaking Vale had been set up for a little over a week and he was loving every bit of it. He was surprised to find he’d slid into his role but easier than he’d expected, but perhaps it was always meant to be. After all he’d never really enjoyed being a subordinate and he’d never been good at dealing with the ranks above him. At least not honestly. Maybe he gotten it from their mother, but Hal was far more like her than he was. He was not a saint, he wasn’t gentle or someone that wolves gravitated towards and he knew that. He was an enforcer.

They needed to fill their caches and he decided that a venture to the Fen might do them good. Maybe there he could find a nice rabbit or an early ground hog to bring back. Hell, even a squirrel would do them. The weather had started to warm and the snow that fell off an on was no longer sticking. Instead everything had turned into brown mush and the fen was especially flooded. Maybe this wasn’t the best place to be trying to find prey? He’d almost considered turning around when an unnatural brown movement caught his eyes. He latched onto it, squinting but couldn’t quite make out the form of what it was. Moving closer he was able to discern what it was. Another wolf. His head tilted in curiosity and he let out a woof in greeting, stopping a good distance away.

With sentimental boy as my nom de plume
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
@Blackmoore short and late, sorry :C just trying to get something up lol.
Sahalie was rarely ever out and about with the intention of doing a single productive thing in her life. Alastor was hunting, but she was hunting for Alastor. Maybe. What she had told herself was that she was going on an honest hunt for some creature or another and hopefully she'd run into her co-leader. Only, unfortunately, she still hadn't worked out the words in her heart to admit that she disagreed with some of his practices, that there were kinks to work out. The discussion loomed over her like the coming spring, and like the season she was not sure that the time had arrived yet. The pair had barely had any time to themselves at all, which was not something she was used to. The distance brought about by business was what really made all the "kinks" feel like wedges between them. If she could work on that first, Sahalie figured, then perhaps the other discussion would become moot.

Alastor's long silver legs kept him well ahead of her for the most part, but her wish that he would stop was eventually granted in the form of several barks and the scent of a loner wandering around the Fen. Wordlessly (but rather loudly), Sahalie came up behind her best friend and added her own, higher pitch woof to the greeting. From over here she could get a better look at the loner: he was as dark as any eastern wolf she had ever met. At a distance it was hard to tell if he would be larger than Al, but surely he was much grander in size than she.

"What brings you out here?" she barked.
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
ooc: Awfully sorry for the long wait. IRL kept me busy :c

It had been some time since Blackmoore was able to look past the surrounding tree's into a distance. The mountains on the horizon have been the last familiar thing among the... well... unfamiliar. Or simply, one could actually see them from a few places around the Northcrest Valley. A more adventurous part of his soul has always wanted to go there, check "beyond the horizon" and see the world. Even climb up high and look back, wondering would his eyes be able to see the place he'd come from. Perhaps wishes like that have gradually directed his steps towards them? He didn't knew really, but mostly because the male haven't actually thought to ask himself that question. He was sure of one thing though, that he'll be so far away that it will be highly doubtful that he'll ever even hear a whisper about his birthplace. And that was something he was actually looking for...

Muck at the other hand wasn't. But that's what male was getting so far, as his trek along the pitch pine trail was consistently going into lower and lower parts of the forest he had wandered into. Even a fool would notice, as the impeccably white piles of snow have vanished - replaced by more or less stale forms of frozen mire. It appeared that Blackmoore was entering more or less a marsh territory, something he had never been too keen on doing. He just... didn't liked it. Too humid, too many insects - to just name a few. He never felt good in a places like these during summer...

Unaware, Blackmoore have wandered forward for quite a moment before his senses had made him aware of presence of someone else. Or to be correct - rather they did it by sending out a greeting. He was, quite frankly caught off guard and stopped dead in his tracks, his eyes taking a moment before locking onto a stranger ahead of him on the trail. At this moment, Blackmoore have been a mixed bag. Realizing that male ahead doesn't appear to be threatening, he'd felt glad for the fact he may be able to ask for directions how to get out of here. At the same time he has been scorning himself in his mind for this little bit of carelessness. 

No one's perfect.

Letting out a greeting of his own, Blackmoore moved towards the stranger. Or rather strangers? His eyes had quite confusedly noted the sudden appearance of much smaller woman beside the grey brute. It was a brown beauty who had, in fact, spoke out first as he came closer. "What brings you out here?" She said, bringing attention to her brightly yellow gaze. It was a good question honestly, even if kind of expected. At this moment tough, the male have been tempted to ask a question of his own - as his eyes noted the fact that neither of strangers have looked to be related to each other.

It could mean a lot of things, but ultimately it didn't lied in his nature to pry about private affairs of others if they weren't influencing ones of his own. Good manners and all that, or at least that's how he liked to think... "Nothing in particular, I'm simply travelling west 'till I'll find a place which will make me stop." Blackmoore replied lightly, with a brief smile aimed at both of them. He decided to be open and frank about his journey, as he saw nothing harmful in sharing as much. "But I doubt this one will. Too muddy." He added in a similar tone, switching his gaze from Sahalie towards Kino - finally taking a good look upon the man.
(This post was last modified: May 02, 2017, 12:20 PM by Blackmoore.)
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

It was obvious that he had caught the other off guard in the sudden stop and the startled appearance. But Alastor commended the man on his quick recovery, watching the other begin toward him. Only when a peculiar look came over his company’s face did he, then, notice another presence himself. Turning his head he watched the form on Hal join them with a surprised look. What was she doing all the way out here? Had she been following him? He’d done nothing wrong but he still felt it odd that she would come all the way out here instead of calling for him. Whatever the reason he didn’t disapprove of her company. He moved to the side, making it more even for them to stand in front of the other. And, she was the first to ask the question he himself had been wondering.

Attention turned back forward as the man began to speak, mentioning he was on a journey to the west. How unfortunate, but fortunes could obviously change. After all, hadn’t they snagged Larkspur when his intentions been north? Perhaps they persuade this dark man as well. “The Fen continues for a while west, then you’ll head over the mountains. But to the east of here the forest opens up a bit more. Sahalie and I have set up a pack there,” he commented, meeting the gaze of the other evenly though without threat.

Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
For a moment he could swear there was something hidden beneath the gaze of the young lad. Was it suspicion? Or silent judgment? He didn't know, he neither really had time for deeper deliberations about it. The male sort of didn't care about it much honestly. Even more so, as their conversation continued. This time it was the male that spoke, telling him quite a lot in as few words as possible. This time Blackmoore almost had raised and eyebrow in response, as he couldn't tell did that man is genuinely laconic or was Blackmoore about to step on someone's toes. Or rather borders. Figuratively of course... Or perhaps the man got offended over the remark how this particular place didn't seem to suit him much? It was hard to say.

"A pack you say?" It was more of a casual statement he made to himself, like someone who likes to keep tabs on everything he comes across - noting these in his log. Besides, this would be a first pack he heard of for quite some time now. "I understand then that I have made myself a fool by following this pine trail?" He said politely after a brief moment of careful deliberation how to avoid doing a blunder of asking directly is their new pack in a similar place to this one. After all, there was no reason to not be polite. "Do you mind telling me about it by the way?" Again, a part of him wanted to be polite as there absolutely no reason to be discourteous to someone who haven't earned it. Even more so, as Alastor have quite openly shared they were an alpha pair. And who knows what future might bring? He might stay in those parts, he truly didn't knew yet. He was only certain it wasn't the time to stop yet, he hadn't yet seen what lies beyond that mountain ridge after all.

"Speaking of names, I'm Blackmoore" He said, nodding to Sahalie in a way of acknowledging the fact that her mate have - in a way - sort of introduced her already. Funny thing how people feel inclined to introduce themselves right after hearing the names of their counterparts right? A thought like that had made him feel... well, sort of normal. Like everybody else. "With whom I have the pleasure?" This question was obviously aimed to Alastor alone, which (as he hoped) would made it clear to both why he had gestured to the alphess just seconds earlier.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

It seemed his given information had intrigued the male. "I understand then that I have made myself a fool by following this pine trail?" he said and the silver man gave a shake of his head. “Not at all, you haven’t done anything wrong. You’re not close enough to make us worry,” he amended with a shrug of his shoulders. He hoped the male would understand, though, that even if he was nonchalant about the situation at the moment that could easily change should be choose to venture closer to their borders without his position. Alastor might have been young but he knew how to throw his weight around and would do anything to defend what was his.

“Would you mind telling me about it by the way?” the male asked and for a moment the Leigh looked to Hal, half expecting her to chime in. But, it seemed he would be the one to offer an explanation as she informed that she was going to go hunt while they spoke. Turning his topaz gaze back onto their company he took a second to decide how he wanted to go about it. “We’re called Quaking Vale. We’re settled on the concept of a fresh start. A sanctuary I suppose. Join our ranks and you’ll receive our care, protection, and a home. All we ask in return is that you pull your weight,” he said simply, not being much for words or persuasion as his counterpart was. He offered a brief chuckle as names were finally introduced, the fact that they hadn’t exchanged names coming to his attention. “Oh, yeah. Sorry, my name is Alastor,” he replied, following the lead of a first name basis.

Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest
“Not at all, you haven’t done anything wrong. You’re not close enough to make us worry,”

He heard in response from the young alpha. For a moment Blackmoore felt like snickering in response that "of course he didn't done anything wrong" - but ultimately he kept it to himself. It would be impolite to his interlocutors - number of which was about to suddenly dwindle in half but that was yet to come. Meanwhile the dark male has noted out the bit of information that apparently he found himself on far outer reaches of the young pair's territory. He had no doubts that this discussion would most likely be less casual if he'd happened to be any closer to the borders, especially for any male that would happen to be big enough to rustle that male's feathers. Maybe he was assuming too much but even he'd would felt a bit uneasy having as big male as himself on the borders. It seemed natural, to a degree...

Anyhow, Blackmoore was about to say something in response but before he'd managed to open his maw the situation changed. As the woman have briefly stated to his mate that she's going to continue their hunt. Alastor seemed to be a little bit surprised, perhaps of the two he'd was more of the brow of the two, while Sahalie held the reins? Well, it certainly wouldn't be anything new and not an arrangement he'd would have problems with personally. With a right woman of course... "How's the game around these parts?" Blackmoore spoke it with a brief smile one Alastor's gaze returned to him after observing the petite female leaving them to their own devices.

"We’re called Quaking Vale. We’re settled on the concept of a fresh start. A sanctuary I suppose. Join our ranks and you’ll receive our care, protection, and a home. All we ask in return is that you pull your weight,”

Quaking Vale. That was an interesting name, he'd thought to himself. Hopefully the name had nothing to do with the area those two young people chose for their pack. After all, as much as amusing this phenomenon could be to a passerby - he'd had trouble imagining that sort of thing as positive and pro-pack in a long run... Adults could get by without a den but the youngsters? Not so much... "A noble idea I guess... but also bit dangerous..." He let his thoughts out, as he'd continued pondering upon the idea which had been presented to him. "But then, a fresh start can transform a man." He said, smiling casually as he'd kept on going. "It all sounds like hell of a gamble. I like it, but I'm not settling down yet however. But thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind when the time comes." 

"A pleasure." He'd spoke genuinly with a nod in response to Alastor's self introduction.
(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2017, 06:05 PM by Blackmoore.)
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
One more post from you then we can archive this

"How's the game around these parts?" Blackmoore asked and the man lifted a brow. An interesting question, but a question nonetheless. “Typically not too horrible. The wet environment usually keeps this place pretty green which keeps prey around. I think, though, that they might have gone for drier ground lately,” he replied, giving his paw a splash to prove his point. Unless you were a fish, Alastor didn’t think that any animal in their right mind would like to live there at that point in time.

The man gave his thoughts on their aim and the man was surprised to find that they lined up a lot with his own personal thoughts. To him the idea of a sanctuary had always been very...loose. Too loose for him, in fact. Even if he hadn’t enjoyed the latter half of his years in the Crest, he’d been raised under a matriarch that had prided herself on order. Minka had been a rule follower and even if she had been very kind and loving, she had keep them with a firm hold on their scruffs. In his mind, a pack only really worked if there were steadfast boundaries and rules set in place to keep them all in line. But a sanctuary was what Sahalie had wanted and if that’s what she desired then that was what she was going to have. “I have a lot of the same views in that area. But it’s worked out thus far,” he replied. At the comment that Blackmoore wouldn’t be accepting his vague offer of joining them he simply gave a shrug. He understood that it might just not have been the man’s time. “You know which way to point your nose if you ever change you mind,” he replied.

A bit of splashing nearby alerted Alastor to the possibility that his co-leader might have been able to find some prey lurking about. Attention turning that way then back to Blackmoore he offered his head a dip in apology. “Looks like Sahalie may have discovered something. I’d better go see if she needs any help cornering it. It was nice to meet you Blackmoore, perhaps we’ll meet again at another time,” he said, then turned and trotted off in the direction of his friend.