(See All?) Announcements
744 Users Online
Google, Viorel, Bing

ducks are omnivores — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Kris who has 21 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Splashing Otter
So he laid it out for them. His talents and other uses and his intentions. Then he waited not with the anxiety or hope or fear that many waited with, but with an uncanny calm and acceptance of whatever may come. If these wolves did not like what he had to offer and did not feel him a suitable match for their pack, he would move on, and chalk it all up to just one short chapter in his story. If he had to wander further he would do so and he would make the best of it.

But it did not seem he would have to. His tail beat a quicker rhythm as Lachesis and then Kisla replied. It was not an enthusiastic and unconditional welcome but it was a fair intent to offer him a chance — they had expectations that had to be met. He sensed too in Kisla's diction that they had history they did not want to repeat.

"That's all fine and well to me," he said. "Give me a chance. I think you'll come to love me from my nose to my tail and right down to my white toes." His body wiggled in place and he pitched his muzzle upward only enough to punctuate his response with a good natured wink before he cast his eyes away from their faces and awaited an official acceptance.
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Kisla @Otter we could fade here if you'd like? feel free to archive, unless you want to add your exit posts <3

The ghost nodded in agreeable with his co-lead’s words, his gaze briefly falling on her agouti frame as she spoke. Her children had been the last second chance exceptions. Despite being heavily scolded for their absences, they were welcomed back with stern warnings. Leave again and there would be no home among the redwoods for them. Lachesis had felt foolish for giving Bastet the same opportunity—he had even demoted her to lowest for a chance to prove herself. To him and to Hearthwood, especially Kisla. The raven wolf had disappointed XIX once more, as her lengthening absence only proved that she had not changed. He did not know if he would even accept Anastasia back, for she, too, had left without a word.

Lachesis had been a forgiving wolf before, but not anymore. Not when he had been burned one too many times.

As the white-cheeked wolf spoke once more his gaze flitted over to the dark loner, a smile tugging at his lips. Like Aytigin, the wolf before them seemed eager to please and ready to prove his position among the river wolves. He did not see a reason why Splashing Otter shouldn’t join their family and it appeared Kisla was thinking the same thing. “Welcome to Hearthwood, Otter,” he said, finally, after a long pause, his tail wagging slowly behind him. “We could show you around, if you’d like?” He motioned to the forest behind them as he took several steps back and to the side, making room for the new river wolf to walk beside them if he pleased.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you