(See All?) Announcements
770 Users Online
Google, Bing, Miriam, Sophrosnia, Vanadis, Finley

[bwp] you've got the juice — Quarry's Rush 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Steph who has 29 posts.
Inactive
Starhale Tainn

She grinned at his mockery. She had to take it all in stride; she was a doer, not a thinker. And it wasn't because of an 'act first, apologize later' ideal; it was because she genuinely thought, the minute of, it was the best thing to do. Mhm, told ya, she simply said with a huff, jumping ahead to cause the mud to rise around them. She glanced back at him over her shoulder with a grin as he responded again.

Starhale's ears pricked, wondering exactly what it took to be a favorite. If it was good looks, she was really screwed. Charm? Also screwed. She had honesty on her side, though, and the willingness to help in any and all situations. Noted, she reported with a nod. But I bet you I can change your perspective on feathers. Starhale didn't mean eating them, though. Back home, she had fashioned for herself a comfortable, downy featherbed in the wintertime. She shared with her siblings because she had the heart to, and a lightbulb came up over her head as she spoke. Just one way that she could pay him back was make him his own featherbed.

But she wouldn't bring back avian fair for his leaders, if they did not favor them. Voles, rabbits, weasels—she would hunt any rodent in her line of sight, and bring them to his leaders. She was excited by the idea, but did not get too ahead of herself... they might not want her there at all—though the optimistic side of her could not help but forge ahead in excitement as she planned her upcoming days.

Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

He would have to return first—ahead of the espresso-coloured loner. alert his leaders of what happened. Let Mudpie search for her chosen gift and prove her worth to them. He’d have to inform the Edge Lords of the strange girl he had found—except maybe leave out the bits about her plans of body slamming coyotes. The shallows already housed enough yearlings; they needed wolves with their heads screwed on tight, not ones with a reckless streak. The girl, while bold and maybe too brave-hearted, could be a worthy addition to the shallows. If she wanted to stay.

It was possible that she was just seeking out a warm place to rest for a few nights before slipping into the forest to continue the search for her aunt. That this was all just a clever rouse. But Sachiel was no idiot—he’d kick her out before she got a chance to deceive him, even if he wasn’t the one in charge. He knew Askan and Reyes wouldn’t protest. Not if the tawny Selwyn was in the right.

We’ll see about that, he hummed, his shoulders rolling into an indifferent shrug. I gotta talk to 'em when I get back, he added, his mismatched gaze kept forward as they continued down the muddy stream, Y’can look for somethin’ to bring them if you plan on staying. An’ if you don’t, whatever. Jus’ don’t go throwing yourself at anymore ‘yotes. Another shrug. She could do as she pleased; he didn’t expect her to keep her word. They were still strangers as far as he was concerned.  

I'm gonna have to head back, though. Jus' keep followin' the river and keep an eye out for the 'yotes, okay? He bumped her shoulder softly before stepping away from the river. Don't be a stranger, he called back before sprinting into the trees, not giving her a chance to shout something back. Fade -- thread complete.

(This post was last modified: Jul 30, 2018, 04:27 AM by Sachiel.)
ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others