681 Users Online
Google, Bing

Meeting The Other Half — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
@Enoki

The decision to make the trip hadn't been made lightly but since it wasn't too far from the draw she felt it would be okay. For awhile now after having spent so much time with Sven she decided that she wanted to meet with the female lead of Willow Ridge. The truth was she didn't know how Sven would feel about it but if there might be an alliance between the ridge and the draw she wanted to know the parties involved. This she felt was part of being a beta, to be well informed and Leotie planned to do her job well.

So she set out early on the trek to reach Willow ridge which she hoped would go quickly at the Swift pace she'd chosen. This time she wasn't worried, she already had made the journey and hadn't gotten lost. She felt she would be perfectly fine this time around as she made her way across the land.

It took some time but she finally came to the markers indicating the border was close. Leotie was cautious of where she placed her feet as it was one thing to be casual when meeting Sven. It was a completely different situation if she accidentally placed a paw over the border with Enoki. Staying a safe distance from the border before raising her muzzle into the air, she didn't call for Sven this time but Enoki so that could talk. Once her call had been sent out she dropped her head back down and waited patiently for the woman to appear.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: Apr 19, 2017, 09:29 PM by Leotie.)
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Just an FYI: Week 7 - Expectant mothers, even with their well-rounded abdomens and lack of energy - will start to search and make their birthing dens in a place well away from high-traffic areas where lone wolves or nosy pack members might discover or check in on them. Her breasts are well-developed and possibly contain a bit of colostrum or "first milk". It is now possible for other wolves to see and feel the cubs in the mother's protruding belly.
Enoki Ashrelle

Dirty paws in the midst of constructing yet another in a series of various birthing dens away from the center hub of the territory where members constantly doted on the expectant matriarch paused their work to shift her attention to the beckoning howl for her alone that rose on the air, ebony ears pricking in piqued interest. A quick glance was stolen at the hole in the ground concealed by the exposed roots of the sturdy willow she had chosen to build beneath this time, deeming the work in progress suitable for now and made a mental note to finish her handiwork after attending to the caller at their doorstep. 

Slow and steadily; not exactly able to move at her quickest anymore now that her abdomen had noticeably swollen to the size of a balloon, while a salmon tongue lolled with the exertion of what little energy she had to offer for even the simplest of task other than developing the lives within her womb, eventually the dappled woman arrived on scene to witness an agouti silhouette standing a respectful distance from the border. "Hello there, may I help you?" Enoki spoke between light pants in a warm tone, allowing the smoldering amber hue of her gaze to roam the younger female and take in her soft features, the scent that filtered off her pelt striking a familiar chord.

"You're from Charred Ash Draw aren't you?" She then stated more casually rather than posed as a question, the curled length of her ivory dipped tail swinging good-naturedly along her spine. Was this perhaps the vaguely mentioned woman that had managed to capture so much of Sven's time prior to and after his rise to leadership?

Word Count: 285
Ashbash 2017 - Sebastian Unrau 
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Waiting for her call to be answered she wondered if Sven had heard her voice and wondered why she was there. It was Enoki she had come to see so her thoughts turned to the woman wondering what she was like. The agouti woman was a little nervous this being the first time she'd ever done anything like this but she kept her manners in mind. Knowing how sacred her border was to her Leotie was sure they would be just as sacred to the wolves of Willow ridge and she wanted to make a good first impression.

What she wasn't expecting was a wolf having the markings woman that had appeared had. She also wasn't expecting her to he so pregnant, Leotie didn't know much about pregnancy since she had never been but she had noticed the changes in Naira and Maera. The beta was reminded of the day she had run into Savion and how it could have ended much worse. She could have ended up just as pregnant as the woman before her only it wouldn't have been Savion she wanted to have pups with. A smile and dip of her head was offered to the woman upon her arrival, “Hello,” she returned, “I was hoping that you would be able to spare a few moments of you time?” She stated thought it was more of a question since she understood the woman might be very busy, “But first I would like to offer you congratulations on your litter.”

Leotie nodded as Enoki recognized that she was from Charred Ash Draw, “I am,” she confirmed, “I'm Leotie Rhys second in command,” she stated the pride in her position showing in her tone. “I've met Sven and with our packs being so close I thought it only appropriate I meet you as well.” Her tail gave a small sway behind her, “I wanted to extend a friendly paw on behalf of myself and my pack.” She didn't know how well the piebald woman knew her alphas or other packmates but by coming she hoped that it would help in whatever future connections the packs might have. Even more so she wanted to know those who were important in Sven’s life just as he had hers.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: May 01, 2017, 02:39 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki Ashrelle

Unable to stand comfortably for much longer; another downfall of pregnancy, ivory painted haunches lowered themselves into a seated position which allowed some of the extra weight she had gained to shift away from her aching limbs and further accentuate the protruding bulge of her stomach where the children inside nestled. The matriarch's attention swiftly returning back to the sweet-natured woman once some sense of comfortability was had. Leotie asked if she could spare some of her time to engage in this conversation, the magpie nodding with a warm smile on her lips to answer while the agouti female went on to offer congratulations on the litter she would soon be having.

"The pack is well equipped at handling tasks that need to be done while I attend to your call. I'm not exactly in the greatest of state for any physical activity anyways. Talking I can handle." She jested with a light bout of laughter, a small grin appearing on her lips before a small nod was made. "And thank you. We look forward to what my litter will bring to the Ridge." Brief greetings out of the way, Enoki listened closely as the female before her introduced herself as Leotie Rhys, the second in command over in Charred Ash Draw and the nature of her visit. So this was the woman that Sven had mentioned and the thought warranted the hint of a smirk to tug at the corner of her lips, but only for a moment before returning a soft smile to her facial features.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Leotie. I'm Enoki Ashrelle and it speaks volumes of your character and of your pack to be willing to cross such a distance in order to extend a friendly paw. One I'd like to kindly return." Enoki spoke. From what she could already tell this Draw member was a good, loyal addition to their ranks and she could only hope the others yet to have been met by the Ridge matriarch held similar depositions. No wonder Sven had discovered an interest in the agouti woman and spent much of his time between the two packs.

Word Count: 359
Ashbash 2017 - Sebastian Unrau 
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Having Naira and Maera pregnant at home and seeing the woman before her Leotie wondered what it might be like for her. How she would feel bringing new life into the world and while she'd almost had that chance the way it would have happened was not the way she would want it. The agouti would want it to be with someone she had deep feelings for like how Kerb and Maera felt about each other. This breeding season had not been the one for her as it turned out but perhaps someday in the future she would have the opportunity to be as lucky as the woman before her and her packmates. She waited for the woman to get comfortable before speaking.

A smile crossed the agouti's maw at the woman's jest, “I do appreciate​ you giving me this time I felt it important to get to know you better.” While she had a good friendship with Sven she didn't think it fair to leave Enoki out in the case of an alliance. “You’re welcome, I hope for a bright future for them,” she offered with a smile. Of course now that she and the woman had shared greetings it was time to get on to the reason Leotie had come to the Ridge in the first place. Mostly it was pack business, extending a friendly paw and giving a good first impression was important. On more personal level she wanted to meet the woman who lead along side Sven. Leotie didn't if the woman knew he came to visit her regularly but if she did perhaps she would like to know who Sven spends his time with.

“I'm glad to finally meet you,” she stated before shyly looking down at her paws at the woman's compliment of her character. “I feel it's important to go the distance to help a good friendship grow. Perhaps once you're able you will be able to. I hope that in the future a good friendship can form between our packs. Of course as second the decision is ultimately up to my alphas but until then I would like to help in any way I can.” Despite what Naira had said in the meeting Leotie felt it was important to build a friendship between Willow Ridge and the Draw due to the fact they were so close to each other. The two day journey could be long but they were the Draw’s closest neighbors.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: May 10, 2017, 03:33 PM by Leotie.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
I'm so sorry for the wait!

As the easy conversation continued on the magpie matriarch could see why her pale co-leader had become attached to the agouti woman before her on a more personal level, the corner of her dark lined lips tugging back more ever so slightly while Leotie offered a final statement of goodwill for the pups developing within her womb before guiding the conversation towards the true reason the younger female had decided to take the two day trip from her pack to the Ridge. 

While Leotie spoke Enoki lowered her haunches toward the ground in the most comfortable position she could manage despite the bulge along her abdomen, legs splayed out awkwardly to accommodate this extra girth to her midsection. It seemed that the young woman was fully committed to the idea of nurturing a friendship between the two packs any way that she could, a logical idea in all honestly given their close proximity to one another. Perhaps one day that friendship could even blossom further into a full-fledged alliance, but Enoki was not one to count her chickens before they hatched. Both friendships and alliances were two-way paths that required effort from both parties as a whole, not just two individuals.

"Willow Ridge has always been a strong pack and from what I've gathered just from talking with you I can see that your pack has the potential to reach similar strengths. I find it no surprise you've landed yourself in such a respectable rank either and believe with enough hard work on both sides a friendship can surely form between our packs. Maybe even become something more, but I will need to discuss this with Sven before a decision could be made." A pack was only as strong as the bond of their leaders and those in the Ridge could easily recall the tension that had always existed between Sven and Enoki although now there were small repairs being made on their relationship with each passing day.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

While she felt an alliance between the packs was important and could potentially be beneficial to all involved Leotie might have had a personal stake in it. Maybe that was why she was doing what she as a second could do to facilitate a friendship between the two packs. The agouti woman was sure that the draw needed allies and with Willow Ridge it was better to be that than to be enemies with a pack so close and possibly stronger. She felt it would be stupid to allow that to happen so she hoped extending her paw in friendship and getting to know Enoki a little better she could help her pack stay safe.

While Enoki became more comfortable while Leotie spoke, the agouti remained standing for respect toward the alphess. She hoped she was expressing her thoughts well as she was a little nervous. Despite that she kept it to herself and went on to further explain how she felt about the situation. Her hopes for an alliance between the two packs was something she was passionate about. She knew it wasn't just because of Sven either. This was a chance for her pack to have a friends nearby, anyway as nearby as two days could be. If they needed something then they would have a better chance and of course things would he reversed. She knew the importance of having allies but she also knew that allowing the Ridge wolves to become enemies could her detrimental to her pack.

She listened closely as Enoki spoke causing a smile.to form on the agouti's maw pleased that Enoki seemed on board with an alliance. She nodded as the piebald woman finished speaking. “I hope that we will one day be as strong but my pack has only just been established so I expect that is something that will take time. Thank you, I'm glad to have reached this rank and hope that I can do some real good within my pack. I am also sure that the wolves of the draw will put in the effort that it would take to build a good friendship between the packs. I hope that is the case, that we can become something more but I completely understand. Please share with him all that we have talked about, I don't want to keep anything from him.”

The only reason she'd called for the alpha and spoken only to her was to meet her and get to know her a little better. She thought the best way to do that was to speak to her one on one.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: Jun 23, 2017, 03:07 AM by Leotie.)
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
"Greatness does take a time to build. There will be many times where a pack will falter and make mistakes, face hard and uncertain times but its those mistakes and hardships linked with the good that helps mold and guide a pack towards becoming the best that they can be." When did she become so wise? The thought sent a silent chuckle coursing through her mind while ebony ears pricked forward during a pause in her words to listen should the younger female have anything more she wished to say. Alas, she did not other than adding on that Enoki should indeed share this conversation with Sven the next time she crossed paths with her co-leader.

Enoki nodded, a gentle smile still present upon her features while softly aching paws stood once more and gave her dappled colored pelt a quick shake. "Now, I think we've discussed enough pack politics for one day. Tell me about you, Leotie. I'd like to learn more about you as an individual." She spoke softly, the smile upon her features tugging back a little more while her ivory dipped tail gave a few gentle wags behind her rump. Honestly, Enoki couldn't quite remember the last time she had made a new friend outside of the willows and with Leotie there was definitely something there she recognized within herself. 
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

As Enoki spoke her words of wisdom Leotie listened taking them in and committing them to memory. She felt the words would be good to remember especially in times when things became hard and the pack would need some encouragement. She was certain that they would have times when the wisdom that Enoki was showing her in that moment would become important. “I will remember what you have said. I clearly don't have the experience that you do but I do know packs for face hard times and your words have been very encouraging to me.” It was hard to know what the draw faced in the future but whatever it was Leotie hoped they would be as strong as they had been and get through it. The pack had grown and with pups on the way it would grow more so she felt good about the the future of the Draw.

As Enoki spoke of having discussed pack politics enough for the day Leotie nodded. She wasn't really sure there was much more to say on the topic if she wasn't agreeing to an alliance which it wasn't in her power to do. She was surprised when the piebald woman asked her to speak on herself. Leotie shifted her weight, it wasn't something she talked about much with anyone. She wondered what she should tell and what she shouldn't. “Well I guess to start I wasn't born in the lore. When I came here I was a member of Oak Tree Bend and came here with Triell. I felt that moving on was the best thing for me and Triell had always been good to me. I work hard for my pack and only want to see the best things happen for them, they are the family I wasn't ever able to have.” For not being very comfortable talking about herself she thought she had done quite well and hoped it would help Enoki to understand her better.

~Table by Switch
(This post was last modified: Jul 16, 2017, 03:34 AM by Leotie.)