(See All?) Announcements
361 Users Online
Google, Bing, Apollo

Don't threaten me with a good time — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 387 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

As soon as the question rolled off his tongue the Stone Prince immediately regretted it. Surely it was impossible for Everly to be mean, for she had been nothing but kind to him since her arrival. Even when Odin, the big bully, was throwing weird slimy things at her from above the communal den. She had always been reserved, keeping her tongue in check and minding her manners. Cyril, on the other paw, was bold and bossy, flinging around his words without a second thought. Perhaps he should be more like Everly, even if it meant being nice to the weird silver-eyed girl.

Double ugh!

Okay, maybe being nice to everyone but her.

His ears twitched in interest as she responded, his yellow gaze fixated on her as her voice filled the cavern. Hmm. Maybe saying sorry wasn’t a terrible thing, but it sure sounded exhausting. “I don’ think Ev’y could ev’ be mean,” he protested quickly, his nose wrinkling slightly as he spoke. “Ev’y too nice. Much nicer than me,” he added with a sharp nod to reassure his words, a soft smile tugging at his lips as he gave a soft nudge to her foreleg with his nose.

A bit like you. He frowned at this, unsure of if being compared to her brother was a good or bad thing. His head fell to the side, his curiosity peaked. “D’you like him?” He asked in a hushed tone, as he was unsure of if he wanted to hear her answer. Maybe she was lying about liking him. Oh no, what if she didn't want to be best friends anymore?! His breath hitched, brows pinched tight together.

(This post was last modified: Sep 06, 2017, 03:22 AM by Cyril.)
Played by Alice who has 260 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn

"I think you're giving me too much credit." Lenae told him, leaning down to give his ear an affectionate nibble.

Cyril truly did seem troubled and even though they weren't family in the technical sense of the word, she felt as though she had been accepted into the Kael family fold. They had all been so kind to her, it made her heart ache to know that they cared so much. Even when she hadn't been so forthcoming with them. Her lie-it was more of a white lie really- wasn't doing any harm. But if they ever found out, would they be mad? Would they just assume she didn't trust them with the truth?

Worse yet, was she actually being mean without even wanting to?

Her gaze flickered skyward and she watched the lights coarse across the darkness. Maybe one day she would tell them, not just Cyril but them all. Just not tonight, even the stars couldn't give her enough courage.

The little Kael seemed to be asking all the difficult questions tonight. On one hand she wanted to dismiss his question, they were getting dangerously close to something painful, but on the other hand what right did she have to treat him like that? They were friends. She adored him like he was her own flesh and blood. She would tell him, no matter how hard it was.

"I do...He has his faults but...He's the only family I have left, I think. The rest are all...gone now." She sniffed, willing herself not to get too emotional over this.But that was a task far easier said than done."I'd love to see him again, one day."

[Image: 1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbtdg8v.png]
[Image: cwt.png]

Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro

He made a soft pfffft sound at her protest, his nose wrinkling. Everly was probably the nicest wolf he’d ever encountered, asides from his parents (of course!). He knew he was very fortunate to have her in his life, especially as his teacher, and he wanted to learn as much as possible from her. To him, she was as good as family, even if she had not been atop the monadnock long. Despite being nervous to live among all the stone, Everly was fitting in beautifully, and acted as though she was born onto the rock just as he had been.

As soon as the question tumbled off his tongue Cyril knew he shouldn’t have asked. It was none of his business whether the girl was fond of her brother or not. Everly did not talk much about her past, or her family—until tonight—and the boy never wanted to pester her with unnecessary questions… until tonight, apparently. He frowned and gave a soft shake of his head, words fumbling from his mouth into the air between them: “Y’don’ haf’ta ans—”

But it was already too late.

His frown deepened as she answered, a sniff accompanying her reply, and his frown deepened. Stupid Cyril! He thought hurriedly to himself, mentally kicking himself for pushing the personal question. “‘M sorry,” he replied in a soft voice as he pressed his nose to her leg in a feeble attempt to comfort her. His yellow gaze flitted back to the falling stars as he struggled to find something else to say—a change of topic, perhaps—but nothing came.

Played by Alice who has 260 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn
Last one from lenny <3. Feel free to pp her leaving with cereal.

"It's okay."She told him, offering a soft nudge in return.She flicked her tail over so it swished against his back in a sort of laid back approximation of a hug. The best she could do at the time."I don't mind telling you, we're friends. And it's good to talk sometimes...Better than keeping it all bottled up."

Eventually, the small Selwyn pulled away and got to her feet. It was late, she hadn't meant for this lesson to be so prolonged. She needed to get the little one back to bed sooner rather than later, or he'd be super cranky in the morning. Not to mention she knew Piety would want a word with her, if she kept her son up all night. Not that she could blame the dove, as things stood, keeping him awake all night wasn't exactly a habit they wanted him to pick up.

"Come on, enough stars for tonight. Let's go to bed, huh?"

She gave him another nudge, for good measure, before turning away to face the narrow space they'd wiggled through earlier. Slim as she was now, it wasn't really an issue but if she did ever put on more weight she wondered if she'd be too pudgy to fit through. Ah well, she'd deal with that hurdle if it ever came to that.

[Image: 1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbtdg8v.png]
[Image: cwt.png]

Inactive No Rank
Cyril Kael-Santoro
archived! @Lenae

He exhaled slowly as she spoke, not realizing her had been holding his breath in anticipation for her response. Good. She was not angry, or upset, with him. Relief flooded his system, warming the tips of his toes as they curled against the cool stone. “I s’pose you’re right,” he murmured in response, offering her a small, shy grin to accommodate his words. That’s what friends did, right? Share things with each other? Confide, confess, and comfort. The boy would make sure to do all of those things with the nervous agouti, for he enjoyed their clandestine meetings and wanted to continue their lessons together.

His brows drew together as she uncoiled her legs from the ground. Cyril knew what that meant. He wanted to protest and suggest allowing the falling stars to lull them to sleep from outside his cave, but he knew the suggestion would discarded. Reluctantly he nodded in response to her question and he collected himself from the stone, a frown thrown haphazardly across his dark features. He followed behind her with a disgruntled groan, his small body having no issues sliding through the small tunnel. His paws dragged alongside her as they made their way back to the communal den, his eyelids threatening to fall as he began to realize how tired he really was. “Thanks Evy,” he murmured in a small voice before they arrived at the entrance to the den, his lips curling upward to show his gratitude. Once inside the pair settled down, Cyril tucked in beside her shoulders, embracing the warmth that radiated from her.