538 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel, Adora

Of Healer's & Hand bags — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rau who has 58 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
ugh, grammar issues, sorry guys

The sun lifted itself from it’s nightly slumber and began to ink the sky, in streams of pink and purple light. Last night had been awakening and then delightful; he had been rewarded for coming to a conclusion. For that he needed to make an offering, and soon.

For the past two days, no food made it hard for him to concentrate currently, although the past two days had been fruitful until this moment he had not even thought about food. His overweight body didn't mind using it's reserves but his stomach complained at it's emptiness

Zev realized he needed a pack to feed off of in order to continue living this way. After coming to this realization during his evening jaunt, he was haunted by the scent of death, that scent called to him like a siren to a sailor, following it he came across an owl carcass, perhaps dead three days maybe more.

This did not detour him, in fact it made him happier, Zev crouched down and stared at the carcass from two feet away and mumbled incoherently for several long minutes before he crawled up to the bug-ridden thing and rolled on it, before closing his eyes and devouring all that he could as if it were the tastiest thing on the planet, and perhaps to him, it was.

Birds began to sing their morning song amidst Zev groans and moans. He, having slept out in the open with no den to keep his warmth close he was stiff this morning. He rolled off the dead owl carcass he had torn into last night, it’s feathers still clung to him and stuck in his slightly matted coat. Zev didn’t care of his looks or his smell, he quickly grabbed up the now clean owl skull and carried it with him, perhaps he could gift it to what pack he could convince to take him in

The brute knew he was coming close to a packs borders the reek of so many wolves in one place was unmistakable. He almost shuttered involuntarily, he hated to spend time with other wolves, but he needed them to help feed him while he carried out his experiments, these lands were rife with herbs and sacrifices.

He settled himself just to the outside of the well marked border, holding the owl skull in his half open jaw he waited patiently grinning like a fool. He could trade for a place in the pack, they’d have need for him eventually, they all did…
(This post was last modified: Jun 19, 2017, 02:00 AM by Zev.)
Played by Jenni who has 35 posts.
Inactive III. Yearling
Arnaq
Arnaq had been up before the morning sunrise making her way along the borders of the territory to check all the scent markings that she had learned about over the last several weeks. It wasn't long before the sun started to brighten the area and the morning birds joined in on the day. She enjoyed the quiet early morning hours. Birds just announced that she was behind on her morning routine that she had lately of bringing fresh kills to the den site for someone to feed the pups. 

She sighed and rubbed against a tree, scratching her side against the rough bark. The rain had let up and she was glad for that. Maybe the now the ground would absorb the water and the mud would go and she wouldn't have to worry about cleaning her coat all the time. She swore that took up more of her time than anything else. She sighed out loud at the relief the scratch from the tree gave her. It felt good.

She shook herself and stretched once more. She needed to finished up her patrols and find some food. Rounding another large tree, she saw him there. Her ears perked but her body language changed. He wasn't on their side of the scent line but he was close. She didn't like it. She stared at him for a moment, a soft growl coming from her as she made it known that she saw him. 

With a flick of her head, her ears flopped and she had the strangest look on her face. What the heck did he have in his mouth. And that stench!   She wished for anything to cover up that smell. It was horrid. Like he had bathed in the dead prey they fed on. She almost blanched at the smell, coughing and trying to cover up her disgust she spoke. "What can we, of the Oak Bend Pack do for you, wolf?" She wasn't trying to come off rude, but she couldn't help that he was dangerously close to that line and his smell didn't help but she was more concerned about the pups. She didn't want to take a risk. 
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
Thank you for replying you are officially the first person to meet Zev.

The brute heard her coming long before he saw her, he was sitting so still and so focused on finding someone in this pack. His excitement grew at the prospect of talking to someone after weeks of solitude his grin widened almost to the point of baring his teeth around the skull he intended as a gift for the one who could allow him entry; The thought that the skull might not be well received never crossed his mind.

He continued to grin as he watched her face distort, he had that affect on females and he reveled in it. His scent was very appealing to himself, plus it made for less unnecessary visits from random wolves, Carefully he set his prize down at his paws and then shifted and bowed his front end, extending one paw out before him.

Slowly he stood and even though she was smaller then he the smelly matted brute kept his head lower then hers, but he did so with hidden ease, his body language was not over exaggerated by any means. His tail lay limply from his body, saying without words he knew he had no place among the pack yet. He would not ruin his chances of joining a pack with an improper ritual. This wolf knew all about rituals and could follow them flawlessly even though the very idea of submitting to another wolf made him want to rip his own heart out and offer it to his dark patron.

She asked the right question, he quickly squashed the smirk that hinted at his lips briefly, Most wolves asked what he could do for them and then might cast him out if they felt they had a healer near by.  This one wanted to know what the entire pack could do for him. He already liked this place.

His voice was gruff and unused to being used, but as he spoke his voice quickly deepened and held a rich deep baritone and elongated accent one that pups usually loved to listen to as they fell asleep, not that his bed time stories were anywhere near appropriate for a youngling. Each word was clear and precise as he spoke nothing would be misheard I seek the refuge of a pack, Wolves in which I can converse with on occasion; Above all I need a safe place to collect my healing herbs and ritual rites. In return for a small plot of land within this pack territory, I can offer my skills as a healer; You’d find none better then myself.

He was an incredible healer, but then he took about as much life as he saved. Rituals to appease his gods meant everything to him and whether or not his patrons/gods smiled upon him when he had needed to offer his service as a healer, a life he intended to save had never faded away under his ministrations.

Zev tilted his head respectfully and nudged the skull from his paws to about a foot away from him, toward her, then he stepped back one more step back respectfully from the scent line. Awaiting her judgment. If this wolf could not offer him the judgment he needed to enter these sacred lands, she may know who would and he needed to make a good impression on all pack wolves at least for a little while.
(This post was last modified: Jun 21, 2017, 12:45 AM by Zev.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive III. Yearling
Arnaq
Yay! For new wolfie meet!

Arnaq wasn't entirely sure of what to make of this wolf. He was submissive to her, at least that is what it seemed but it was also odd to her to see another wolf bow. She watched his display, feeling ever so off about the way he seemed to raise her place and she was hesitant, confused and uneasy about the whole ordeal. She wasn't bowed to, she did the bowing. She didn't even consider that role, she didn't like it at all. 

With an outsider of course she had no choice, she had to accept the fact that in this situation when no other was around, she was above him in the ranking system because he was an outsider. She sat on her haunches and listened, watching. She eyed the skull of whatever it came from, she couldn't quite tell to be honest. She hadn't given bones much thought. 

"Healing? When a wolf is what? Hurt?" She asked him with a tilt of her head and a flop of her ear again. She wasn't sure how that pertained to a wolf, if one got hurt, they got hurt, end of story. She had never heard of another wolf healing one. It was an odd concept to her but she was sure one of the older pack mates could help her with that at a later point. 

"Maybe you should take a bath and clean up a bit? I can grant you passage through the lands but as for being accepted that is not my role." She stood then and shaking her fur she looked over her shoulder. "Come on, I will take you to water, to clean." She needed that stench gone, she didn't understand why someone would let themselves smell so horrid. 
(This post was last modified: Jun 21, 2017, 07:30 PM by Arnaq.)
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
O..M..G.. Road block with Zev I’m so sorry it took me this long to respond

Oak Bend Pack.. hum… He coughed and looked at her, most alarmed, he frowned as the rest of her words sunk in, a bath?? How dare she… He worked hard to get this … this … aroma. How else could one attract unwitting scavengers in to eat, then eat them instead. Oh the irony, he loved it.

This female was inviting him into the territory, However she did not have the power to accept him into their midst. He knew the rituals, one did not enter the pack lands without proper authority and that came from Alphas, possibly Betas but not from lowers, was she leading him into a trap? Was she inviting him in so that they could attack him at will? If he survived an attack he’d have to pay her back in kind.

He smiled wickedly thinking of all the ways he could ‘pay her back’ almost wishing he’d be attacked, he licked his lips and wiped the smile from his face as quickly as he could,

Slowly he sucked in a breath attempting to decide what his next course of action would be. He’d rather be attacked and beaten within an inch of his life then bathe; by following her meant he’d have to bathe. Staying here meant he might have hunt on his own again, and possibly seek out yet another pack, and in the mean time he’d loose the precious herbs he’d been collecting.

He found his voice offering her some measure of response since his actions so far offered her very little.
“Yes very much when a wolf is hurt, I can stay infections, mend broken bones, reduce scaring if one was so vain”
He smirked since his body was covered from ear tip to tail tip in scars under his shaggy pelt,
“I can stave off Death if I so choose it”

He stood slowly, keeping his head lower then hers and his tail lifeless, he figured if he acted like her prisoner, then maybe he’d survive this, what ever fate he’d have to suffer, very slowly his moved to her side and kept his head inline with her hip awaiting her to lead him to his worse fear.
(This post was last modified: Jun 26, 2017, 09:33 PM by Zev. Edit Reason: spelling )
Inactive III. Yearling
Arnaq
No worries. Happens to all of us at times ^.^

She watched as he walked up to her and then she turned and they began to walk. First stop was the stream. There was no way she was bringing a wolf into the territory to meet any other wolves, smelling the way he did, nor did she want to cross her scent with his. She might have to bathe herself, yet again. 

The young wolf perked her ears up. "How can you stop death? It is part of life." She knew that first hand. "I do not understand that. I also have never met a wolf that can heal things." She stated as a matter of fact as they moved through the woods of her home. She loved it here, knew the place now like it was the back of her paw. She was glad that Aponi had taken a chance on her before the pups were born. It brought a smile to her face as they walked.

When they rounded another large oak the water could be heard running softly. She walked with him towards the water. "Please, I shall bathe also if that helps." She replied with a smile of kindness. As she entered the water she turned to watch to see if he would join her. "What was with the skull?" She asked curiously as she looked at him. 
Played by Shadow who has 410 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Serach Donata
Apologies for the delay in responding! Also, I'm leaving for Ireland on Sunday, so any replies after that will probably be short and a little slow since I'll be posting on my phone, but didn't want to hold this up anymore. :)

The morning sun was rising fast and the accompanying bird song was loud and cheerful. Perhaps obnoxiously so, in Serach's humble opinion. He'd been awake before dawn, soothing a whimpering child from its nightmares before wandering out into the daylight and towards the western part of the pack's borders to restate his claim. The frequency of markings had been lacking recently, and now that his children were older, there was more time and more importance in keeping them well marked. But while he was leaving his scent along the trees and bushes that marked the invisible line, he was oblivious to the exchange occurring between the lone wolf and his subordinate on a different part of the pack's borders.

It wasn't until he was finished and on his way back to the den that the Bend leader caught the scent of the stranger on the wind. Hesitating for only a moment, Serach sniffed at the wind while his brain tried to process the information and put an image to the smell. But there was nothing there, and so he took off running in the direction the wind was coming from. Weaving through trees with an urgency he didn't know he had, he was not reassured when the wind also carried him the scent of Arnaq. What in the world was she doing?

He found their trail first, but it took only a few seconds to register the now familiar strange scent of a male lone wolf and the yearling, along with a few footprints scattered in the dirt. His brow furrowed and the hair on his back rising, he set off after them realizing with dread that Arnaq was leading this stranger into the pack's territory. Not close to the den, but closer than any stranger should ever have been.

The pungent smell of the lone wolf and the familiar one of his packmate were underscored by their physical presence. Stepping around the trees, Serach's head and tail were held high, the fur along his back bristling and the snarl rumbling from his throat loud and clearly threatening. Through narrowed eyes he sized up the stranger standing at the edge of the water, barely sparing a glance to look at Arnaq in the water beyond. The other wolf outsized Serach, but in his current state of agitation, amplified by his new role of "father", the Bend leader could not care less. "You better have a damn good reason to be so far past my borders, stranger," he growled.
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Zev
Sweet, enjoy your trip

Zev's ears turned to the side casually, not only picking up the femme's voice but all other noises he could concentrate on, she liked to ask questions, an annoyance of youth he was not particularly found of, and it wasn't really his place to teach her. He smirked despite himself, "That is where you are wrong sweetling, For Death is what everything is about. What is Life, but the avoidance of death?" He gave her a side long glance and nodded as if he were sharing the worlds biggest secret. He saw her smile and thought she understood perhaps he could teach this one, he had no idea she was thinking about her past not really caring for his answers.

He gritted his teeth as they came to the waters edge, even his heart rate pick up just a little. He watched her enter the water and gave himself a shake, sending the few remaining feather and some tufts of fur from his pelt. He was trying to prepare himself to enter the water with much trepidation when his ears picked up the sound of unabashed crashing through the terrain. Zev grinned as she asked about the skull, he had great plans for that skull and the many others he'd need to collect and place around the packs border, he decided not to answer her and not to enter the water just yet, any reason to avoid a bath even death was welcome to him.

The males booming voice only settled his heart and calmed him for now he'd not have need of a bath. Zev turned to face the male, it's body language told him that this was an Alpha. Zev kept his tail limp and lowered his front end into a bow keeping his sensitive jugular close to the ground and the loose skin of the back of his neck open to attack.

He chose to answer the question directly "I was invited, M'liege" He kept his eyes low not even bothering to acknowledge the female, the alpha would know who brought him in due to their proximity "I am Zev, and I was asked what the Oak Bend Pack Could do for me." He continued with the answer he had given the first wolf "I seek the refuge of a pack, Wolves in which I can converse with on occasion; Above all I need a safe place to collect my healing herbs and ritual rites. In return for a small plot of land within this pack territory, I can offer my skills as a healer; You’d find none better then myself. You may also call my flesh and teeth into battle should you need it" Though a strategic leader would not send a healer into battle unless the situation was dire.

Zev remained in his submissive position not bothering to look up at the alpha but rather focusing in the males front feet, missing any facial cues the alpha might offer, as to his next actions.
(This post was last modified: Jul 01, 2017, 05:20 PM by Zev. Edit Reason: closing tags )
Inactive III. Yearling
Arnaq
Arnaq's ears perked as she heard the sound of paws, her nose picked up his scent and before she could realize what was happening her Alpha had changed into a stance she hadn't yet seen. She froze looking at him, his glance to her barely noticeable as he took his place at the new comer. 

She had messed up. Oh god, she had messed up big time. She could tell. She didn't know. She nearly crawled out of the water, her body moving slowly behind the Alpha. Her ears laid down on her head as she moved out of the way. She knew that there would be repercussions. 

She thought she was doing right, he said he could heal others. That would be a good skill to have. She was just going to have him wash up before she called to the Alpha's. She did good keeping her whimper silent and her body nearly melting into the ground, she even had the urge to expose her belly to him but she didn't move as his attention was on the new comer, Zev. 

Arnaq listened as he spoke. She didn't say it quite like that! Did she? She didn't mean it like that at least. She was inquiring why he was here, what he wanted with the pack, why he had been so close to their boarders. Oh she had fumbled up real good now. She was scared of what would happen to her now.