(See All?) Announcements
540 Users Online
Google, Bing

She's cold inside, she wants to be like the water. — Log-fall Foss  
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

There she went again, wiggling like Namir had called her the prettiest girl this side of the forest or something. It was kind of contagious, though. The desert wolf wasn’t really sure she liked that, being all happy and mellow and shit, but it kinda felt nice to relax a little after that harrowing experience. It had almost fallen away to the back of her mind completely, humming quietly under her breath as her new companion explained exactly why she was out here in the first place.

“Well, there’s only one way t’get good at anythin’.” Well, she didn’t get good at thievery just by thinking about it. Or hunting. And this new fishing thing she’d been working on, she sucked the big one the first time she tried. But a hungry belly went a long way as far good motivators went, and Little Crow shook herself free of her thoughts, eyes falling on the older female as she babbled on, stroking the little bandit’s ego.

And man. That felt fuckin’ good. Buzzard was interesting to talk to, and all, but this? This was a class all its own.

“Nah, ma’am. I ain’t those things. Jes’ Lil’ Crow. Never saw a wolf drown before an’ figured I didn’ wanna start now. Y’can jes’, I dunno, owe me one, ‘er somethin’. ‘er hey, y’know a Fallen Tree Cave? ‘er a Namid? ‘er a Kageeka?”

[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Played by Alice who has 260 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn
The stranger was once again right! Practice made perfect! But these days, Lenae was anything but perfect, even if she tried to be. Alas, there was no reason to be sad when she was having such a good chat with such a smart and pretty and- Lenae was getting ahead of herself.

Ahem.

"You're right! I'll get better one day, braver too!" Or at least that's what she wanted, deep down she knew it was never going to happen. She was never going to be good at anything. She was going to have to settle with being mediocre at best.

Lenae wanted to help, she really did! It was the least she could do, considering the situation they were currently in. But wanting something didn't make it materialise into existence. Much to her dismay she'd never heard of this cave, nor of Namid or this Kageeka-whatever or whoever they were. Dipping her head, Lenae let out an apologetic whine, as her tail flicked this way and that, unable to-even then- stop the contagious wiggling that infected her moments ago.

"No, I'm sorry Little Crow. I've never heard of them...But I uh..I have friends who might know of them? I could...Maybe ask them, if you don't mind waiting a little?"

As little as it was she wanted to help out if she could. Anything to help pay back her dues.
[Image: 1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbtdg8v.png]
[Image: cwt.png]

Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

“Exactly. Ain’t no need t’ look so glum.”

At least all the water in her ears hadn’t done anything too weird to the lady. To Annabird. It wasn’t a bad name, and if the stranger wasn’t going to offer up a name, well – that was okay, too. Not like she went around announcing her name much. (Especially the one her Mama gave her, once upon a time.) But damn it all if no one hadn’t heard of Fallen Tree Cave or either of the woman’s friends.

Little Crow gave a dramatic sigh, smile falling slightly. “‘m startin’ t’think that maybe I got th’ wrong forest,” she grumbled, looking out past the water and into the lowlands. “‘er maybe they ain’t real at all. Maybe my Mama made ‘em up ‘er somethin’.” The loner gave another exaggerated sigh, mulling over Annabird’s offer for a bit before deciding. Hell, it was certainly better than nothing, and it wasn’t like she had a good idea to go back to, anyways.

“Suppose I would appreciate that, though. Ain’t found nothin’ on my own.” That wry smile was back, as was a slow wag of her slim tail. “Where should I be meetin’ you, though? Once y’got time t’ talk to yer friends?”

Played by Alice who has 260 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lenae Selwyn
Oh no! Lenae couldn't help but gawp as she watched Little Crow's expression fall. That wasn't right, there was nothing worse than a frown. Her brother used to frown all the time, which was a shame, as just like Mother used to say he looked so handsome when he smiled. Lenae thought it was a general rule that applied to everyone. Frowns were no good and anything more intense than that was....terrifying. She swallowed thickly and shifted her weight from one paw to the other like some awkward, goofy dance.

"Uh... I will do my best! Cross my heart."She wasn't going to finish that sentence. It hit too close to home.

Little Crow had a point. Where should they meet? Oh, how exciting, like a secret rendezvous! Like something from one of those fanciful tales she always used to think about, and dwell in like her own personal dreamland. Maybe they weren't so outlandish. Maybe these sorts of things could actually happen, for once something good and exciting might happen to her, her of all wolves!

And there she was, getting ahead of herself again. Her tail slowed, no longer blurring behind her and her butt began to sway rather than wiggle insistently. Calm down. She'd already had too much excitement for one day. She should take things slow and steady lest she fell head over heels.

"Um well...Let's see. Oh, I know! There's this ring of antlers to the north. It's near this big rock, where I live with my friends. Um...Maybe meet me there in a couple of days? If you want."
[Image: 1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbtdg8v.png]
[Image: cwt.png]

Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

Cross her heart? No need for such big, fancy promises. Little Crow was fairly certainly she’d never heard anyone give their word like that before (much less ever consider making such a grand gesture herself). But she shrugged and nodded, unwilling to decline Annabird’s clear desire to pay her back for pulling the wolf out of the rushing water. And that’s why she’d gone to any trouble at all, right? Annabird probably wouldn’t have drowned, maybe just been wet a while longer before finding some paudal low ground to wade to shore…and besides, a wolf should never waste their energy unless their was something to gain from it.

Definitely.

“Mm, let’s make it a week, yeah? Gotta go find me travelin’ buddy. S’around these parts somewhere,” she rumbled, wry amusement flickering across her face. Besides, it might take her a day or two to actually search out this ring of antlers (near a very big rock), but Little Crow had faith in her ability to find the designated meeting spot. After all, there couldn’t be that many rings of antlers around here, and plus, they were out of the thick of the forests. Trees wouldn’t get in her way.

“I’ll see you then, Annabird,” she hummed with a wink, finally turning to take her leave. She still had dinner to catch, after all.

Fade.