603 Users Online
Google, Bing

We'll Conquer Anything — Sunrise Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan sighed and shook his head.

Stepping forward, he pressed his forehead against the side of his fluffy white neck. It was okay. By no means did he want the kid to change, he was fine as he was. Maybe he'd been too harsh, maybe it was about time that Askan whipped out some more words of wisdom. It was hard to summon that sort of thing on demand, he wasn't a motivational speaker. He was known for being crass and harsh, what was he supposed to say to mend the hurt he'd caused?

Great job Askan.

"Don't be. I'm proud of you, really. Sort of. He didn't want to make it too obvious."Fighting the good fight, helping out folk just cause you can. Not sure I'd do that, I don't have that sort of good in me. But you do and it's great and you've got to hold onto it with all you have."

The Selwyn wasn't lying nor was he exaggerating. Every word that passed from his lips was the honest to God truth and damn it, he would be a liar to say he wasn't so happy to see him go so soon. But he'd be even more discontent if Cotton changed his ways just to bend to Askan's will.

"So you go and find your friend and you help them as much as you can. And if you can't then it's no biggie, you tried your damn best and that's what counts in the end, right? We can wait, we're in no rush, trust me." He offered him an earnest smile, the sort that made his eyes crinkle in the corners like he was the sappiest son of a bitch alive. Which he probably was, at this point.

Nudging him again, Askan's smile shifted into something a little more playful. Anything to make his friend happy. "Go on then, go get 'em!"

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Emmett who has 375 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Cottongrass

Askan moved and instinct told Cottongrass to brace himself. His muscles tensed and he did his absolute best not to flinch even when he really wanted to. Because he knew what happened in these kinds of situations. There would be a tired voice asking him what he was thinking followed by a flash of teeth and a world of hurt. He would do his part and roll onto his back while begging for an ounce of forgiveness because that usually made it stop. But nothing happened. Instead there was the foreign sensation of warm fur pressing against the side of his neck and a familiar voice drifting into his ears.

It was enough to startle him from his stupor.

The wolf that stood before him was Askan. There was no sight of the angry man he called his father and his mother wasn't standing nearby with quiet eyes. He couldn't help but let out a sniffle. Because Askan was Askan. The smartest wolf in the whole entire world and sometimes he hurt his feelings but he always found a way to make it better. And somewhere below his legs buckled but he didn't fall. Not when his friend had kind features and even kinder words.

"Okay." He mumbled. His tail gave a slow wag somewhere behind him and he forced himself to smile. It wasn't long before he was smiling in earnest. "Okay." He repeated for good measure. Just to make sure everything was real.

"I'll — I'll find you again." It was a promise. One that held true even when his voice was unsure. He mustered the strength to reach out and bump his muzzle into Askan's dark fur. And he didn't know what he ever did to deserve such amazing friends but he was beyond grateful for them.

Fade thread.

COTTONGRASS