(See All?) Announcements
726 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu

the uncanny valley — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
A lop-sided grin tugged at one corner of his charcoal lips at Laike’s immediate response to his attempt at an apology. Lean shoulders rose and fell gently as she shrugged, unable to deny that those same words had left his lips a number of times before.

Lorcan wasn’t sure what his larger brother would make of his news, but he certainly hadn’t expected the words which fell from his mouth. Golden eyes widened, brows raising before they furrowed back down into a frown of reassurance. “What? No..” He almost stuttered, trying to keep his voice quiet despite the urgency. “The Rye wolves have her. Apparently she arrived a day or so before we did, no idea how.” That was still a mystery to the agouti male. In a way, it would have made more sense if the pup was dead, though he was thankful that she wasn’t.

Lorcan’s gaze briefly returned back to Inna as she thanked his brother for taking care of their daughter before it returned back to Laike to continue their conversation. “I don’t trust them, Laike. They wouldn’t let us see her.” He whispered again, the concern in his voice obvious for anyone who could hear it.  
(This post was last modified: Aug 20, 2017, 09:00 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The mother could see how upset her daughter was that she'd been gone so long and hoped she would never have to leave her for so long again. Inna remembered how she had felt when her mother had left for Oak Tree Bend and how much she'd missed her. It was nothing like now because she knew she would never see Kisla again. She reassured Oksana that she would always come back but she couldn't promise she wouldn't ever leave her like she had again. Inna had long ago learned how unpredictable life could be. One day she was happy that Lorcan had returned and the next her mother was dead. She understood how quickly life could change and she worried that a change was coming that night.

The men's voices though hushed reached her ears as she heard them speaking of Risaela. Inna didn't care if her daughter heard, she didn't want her sheltered from the harsh realities of life. She feared that would hinder her as she grew older and she didn't want that for Oksana. Laike's words brought another smile to her dark features, “I am pleased to hear she behaved herself while I was away,” she said as she approached the men, “And I think you are right about the extra company.”

The Raven had caught the last of what Lorcan had said and threw a glance in his direction before she spoke. “They accused us if not caring enough to come sooner.” That fact still bothered her, how could she not care about her little sister? How could Hearthwood not care about the the daughter of their dead Matriarch? The assumption was a callous one but how could she expect more from such a callous man. “We came home when we didn't know what else to do,” she said before placing a kiss on her daughter's crown. She hoped she would never have to go through something like this with Oksana.

~Table by Jacqueline
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Perhaps he shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion so soon but considering everything that had happened it seemed a bit...logical he supposed. When the child had gone missing for more than a day he had assumed that perhaps they had died. Maybe that was too hard but she was only a child after all.

The fact that she had made it to the Rye wolves was a bit shocking. It just got more shocking that the child had made it there a day or so before the scouting duo. "No idea either." He rumbled softly to his brother's ears.

It seemed his brother had more to say though. Something that Laike didn't want to hear.

Lorcan did not trust the Rye wolves.

His gut tightened. He trusted the word of his pack mates and family. He was not sure why they didn't trust their western neighbors. Inna's words only solidified the feeling in his gut. The Rye had accused them of not caring? His mouth parted softly and his forehead crinkled. Laike simply didn't want to believe the River wolves words even if he should. His loyalty laid with then after all.

He did not want to believe that the Rye wolves could be untrustworthy. He did not want to believe that his love would be amongst the ranks of those that his family could not place trust in. He took a step back and nodded firmly as his mouth closed. "Forgive me but I need to go." His teeth grit together the slightest bit. Not exactly sure if he could offer a reason. "But I would like to hear more later." No. No he wouldn't. He didn't want to hear anything bad about their neighbors but they didn't need to know that yet.

With that the beefy male moved onwards, walking straight towards the borders that rounded the forest pack.

-Laike exit-
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

The ebony pup had heard Laike and her mother talk about how well behaved she was and all she could do was hope that Ayti didn't tell in her for trying to sneak out. She would worry about that later though because her mum and Lorc were home. That was all that mattered to her in that moment until she'd heard part of their conversation.

Oksana had been aware if Lorc and Laike talking to each other but she hadn't really heard what they were saying. Since she couldn't hear she focused on her mum and telling how much she'd missed her. Then Inna had spoken about being accused, what did that mean? And not caring enough. The little girl did not know what was going on beside it had to do with why her mum and Lorc had gone away.

Then completely by surprise Laike was saying he had to go and was soon leaving them all standing there. “Why he go?” She asked the two adults after Laike had gone. She didn't understand what was happening, her mum and Lorc are gone for a long time and then Laike just goes away. A small whimper left her as her gaze settled where the pale man had disappeared.

(This post was last modified: Aug 22, 2017, 06:59 PM by Oksana.)
Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan fell silent as Inna moved in to approach them, expecting their daughter to follow in behind her like a shadow at her heels. A small frown formed on his pale brows as he caught the glance Inna flashed towards him moments before she joined him and his brother in their conversation. Charcoal lips pulled downwards in a scowl at the dark woman’s words, feeling a bitter taste fester within his mouth as he flashed a look to his brother in confirmation.

The agouti male’s shoulders sagged when Inna confessed the reason they had returned without the wayward pup. Lorcan still felt guilty and uncomfortable about their decision to leave her at rye fields. “I thought we could at least check on her before returning, but we never got the chance.” He admitted, golden gaze falling away from his brother’s gaze to hover along the floor in disappointment.

A single brow raised, slightly puzzled, as Laike quickly excused himself. “Okay..” The smaller brother said quietly, his voice hesitant as he watched the larger male disappear between the trees. Russet ears perked up at the sound of his daughter’s high-pitched voice. He glanced down to her, his expression still hinting at his own bewilderment. “I don’t know, Sana..” He said quietly, his frown deepening as he looked back across to her mother.

A moment later, the healer released a heavy sigh. Giving a decisive flick of his tail, he focused back on his daughter, offering the young pup a warm smile. “Come on, I think we better get you back to your den. It’s late.” He suggested, moving to stand beside the pup in the direction of the pack territory as he glanced back in search of confirmation from her mother. 
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

As expected Oksana followed her as she moved to join the men as they talked in hushed tones. Inna caught the frown that crossed Lorcans face as she glanced at him. She didn't like relaying such bad news but it was the truth whether she liked it or not. The Raven would have liked to have stayed a few more days but the hope had been lost and she needed to get back to Hearthwood, for her daughter and because she had ended up breaking a promise that she was sure would get her in trouble.

Lorcan spoke of wanting to check on Risa before they had left, “It was all I wanted to be able to see her and know she was okay.” Inna mused looked down at her daughter. It wasn't meant to be whether that was because of what she had done or that Risa didn't want to see her or even that the rye wolves just wanted to be difficult. Inna didn't know but she felt that I'd it had been Jessie she would want to see her daughter. That was the problem though wasn't it, Risa wasn't her daughter just her half sister.

Inna had gotten over the fact that Risa was only her half sister a long time ago. To her she was her sister as plain and simple as that and it was her job as her big sister to look after her. Not because she was Kisla's daughter and Kisla was her mom but because she loved Risa and wanted the best for her. She could not be convinced being around Alek, Askan, and Reyes was the best thing for her, they had not shown themselves to be the kind of men she wanted around her own daughter let alone Risa.

A look of confusion crossed her features as Laike suddenly dismissed himself and disappeared into the forest. Her gaze went back to her daughter who asked why he'd left and Lorcan had answered. Inna meet his look with a friend of her own, “Perhaps you should talk to him later,” she suggested.

“We certainly should,” she agreed when lorcan said they needed to get Oksana back to the den. “It's past your bedtime and Lorc and I have to speak with your uncle Lach before we settle down for the night.” She then looked to Lorcan and gave him a nod to indicate he should follow before she left Oksana to the den.

Fade

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Aug 23, 2017, 02:43 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.