438 Users Online
Bing, Baidu, Google, Apollo, Chan

Fancy Meeting You — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
advisor dem 1/3 - offering advice to wolves

A smile graced his pale features at the blue-eyed female’s words, the tip of his tail flicking in agreement. “I’m glad things are looking up for Whitestone,” he responded with sincerity in his voice, his peridots meeting her aqua pools briefly. He was still a little hesitant with continuing their alliance, but Wraith and Piety seemed capable. Once the puppy dust settled Lachesis wanted to visit the monadnock once more, to meet with the new leaders and ensure relations were still good between them. He could not help but wonder if Craw and his ebony mate, Morganna, would return to the lowlands. And if it had been the silver spider that had initiated Mittani’s attack—a last hurrah before he disappeared.

His maw canted to the side as he listened to Cheedo’s response. The agouti certainly was not as well-travelled as Lachesis, who had spent most of his first year in the Lore exploring as many territories as possible before deciding to settle town with the Trail wolves. “Is Wild Rye familiar with the wolves of the Notch? They reside south of your lands, tucked below the fjord,” Lachesis started with a slow wag of his tail, his brows narrowed slightly as he tried to recall the nearby territories, as there were some he had not visited in quite some time. The birth of his children, and the other Hearthwood litters, had kept him confined to the Kingswood and the eastern edge of the lowlands.

“South of my territory is Turtleback Lake—chances are if you go there you’ll find me,” he added with a small laugh, his ears twitching with amusement. “There used to be a pack south of the lake, Broken Timber Pines, but they disbanded months ago. Their absence has freed up a tremendous waterfall, and I have not heard news of any new packs forming in the woods.” He paused, his tongue falling slack for a moment as he considered his next array of words: “Is it just the lowlands you’ve visited? And Kingsfall?”

(This post was last modified: Aug 04, 2017, 09:46 PM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Kai who has 341 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

After everything that had taken place before Cyril's birth Cheedo still had high hopes for the Monadnock. She took the friendliness of the pale man as a sign that Mittani hadn't completely ruined a friendship between the river wolves and her pack. “I am as well and for Hearthwood too, you all seem like a good group of wolves I wish the best for you all.” She would hate to see anything bad happen to the river wolves, she rather liked the man Lachesis. He didn't put her on edge as other wolves and that made it easier to be around him. Even when emotions we're heightened at Heartwoods borders she had not felt threatened by them. That could also have been because she'd held the news they wanted to hear.

Without divulging her history with Craw and creating an unnecessary distrust between her and the river wolf she could not explain why she hadn't traveled farther than the Lowlands. His question diverted her attention from her thoughts, “I am not sure if they are or not. If they are then I believe that would have occurred with Craw as no one from the Monadnock has traveled there.” The last time she knew of anyone to leave in a mission such as a trek to the notch wolves was the one Wraith and Roose took to meet with the rye wolves. This however gave her something to bring back to Wraith when she returned.

She was pleased when he seemed happy to help her and started by telling her of a place called Turtleback lake. “I've not been there but it sounds like a place I should definitely visit. And should I have a need to find you I will definitely check there,” she added with a smile. The next place he spoke of was the home if a pack at in time but they no longer resided there but had left access to a waterfall which gave her an idea. “That certainly sounds worth a visit perhaps I can find out for sure if any packs have taken up residence there while I'm at it.” The next question he asked her brought a frown across her maw, “I'm afraid so but I do plan to visit more places as the summer progresses but I need to speak to Wraith first.” She did not want to leave the Monadnock without telling the large male where she planned to go and for how king she would he gone.

(This post was last modified: Aug 06, 2017, 09:39 PM by Cheedo.)
[Image: nM576Fd.png]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
advisor dem 2/3 - offering advice to wolves

also, you can use this thread for scouting dem!

He nodded silently, curious as to how many alliances Craw had formed and broken before his departure from the monadnock. “I am familiar with the leaders there,” he responded with a slow wave of his tail, his maw falling to the side, “they are good wolves. I would recommend establishing a relationship with them—if that’s what Wraith and Piety want, of course.” Lachesis did not want to step on any toes and suggest who the Whitestone wolves should be aligning themselves with. He had already told them they needed to throw Mittani to curb otherwise their alliance would be at risk; he did not want to push any further. He had not seen Emrys or Jynx in quite some time—he was curious if they had gotten together, like the former had hoped. Perhaps once the puppies were a little older Lachesis would make his way to the Notch, to play catch up…

“I am always up for a scouting trip if you would like company—and if I’m available. I’m sure some of the river wolves would not mind joining you, either,” he suggested, unsure how Cheedo would feel if she was joined by a member of Hearthwood. He did not want her to think he was spying on her. No—he was merely trying to mend the fractured relationship between the pack, as well as help the blue-eyed agouti. She did not seem familiar with the lowlands or the surrounding territories and the thought of her getting lost, or injured, tugged at his heartstrings. 

(This post was last modified: Aug 04, 2017, 09:47 PM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

The river wolf spoke of alliances and leaders of other packs which Cheedo had yet to meet herself. She wasn't exactly sure as to all of the alliances that had been made or broke. Suring craws time. The only pack she knew of the whitestone wolves having any relationship with was the rye wolves. She remembered Wraith and Roose coming coming from a meeting with them. As he spoke she had found something that she could take back to her alphas, "I will be sure to mention that to then when I return. I expect they will want to know about them and the kind of wolves they are." She didn't know a whole lot about pack politics but she knew that information could be important and she didn't want to be the one to deprive them of useful information.

A smile crossed the small agouti's maw as he offered to go on a scouting expedition. “Thank you I would certainly like that. I know Lorcan perhaps I can persuade him to accompany me.” That is if he wasn't too angry with her after finding out about her ties to craw. Of course he didn't know everything but that was all in good time. “Perhaps I can stop by your borders soon and see who would like to go.” With Cyril still so young she would have to find a scouting partner somewhere else until he was bigger. It also meant she could find places that he might enjoy and that she would want to show him. The waterfall sounded like a place he might like to see.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
advisor dem 3/3 - offering advice to wolves

The ghost smiled softly, offering the blue-eyed agouti a small nod. Things had been so busy in Hearthwood that he had been unable to head west to the Notch. Venturing to the fields to deliver the herbs had already been a lengthy trip and Lachesis worried about being gone for that long. He knew the pack was capable of taking care of itself in his absence, especially with Kisla at the helm next to him, but he could not stop the worry from gnawing away at his insides. Perhaps once the children were older and the summer heat died away Lachesis would make his way to White Fir to see his friends. Collect some information, mingle, return home. Easy. He just required the time to do so, as most of his time was spent with his children or patrolling the Hearthwood borders.

“I’m sure he would love to,” he responded coolly, his tail swaying behind him. Lorcán, despite being a healer, was also a wonderful scout. Despite being a newer member of Hearthwood the tawny healer had already proved himself to be loyal and Lachesis trusted him immensely. “Inna, my co-lead’s daughter, is an excellent scout. I’m sure she would not oppose to accompanying you,” he added, his maw canted to the side as he studied the agouti. XIX knew that Inna would be a little hesitant, considering Oksana’s age, but he trusted her the most with the blue-eyed Whitestone scout. Even Laike, despite his quiet nature, was proving to be a loyal member of the river family. He was very fortunate to have such dedicated wolves at his side.

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

Obtaining the role that she had declared she wanted was very important to Cheedo but she also didn't want to get lost while training for it. That would defeat the whole purpose and probably cause Piety and Wraith to question if she was the right one for the job. However, having someone with that might know a little more seemed a good idea. She could learn from them and also get a better idea of the places in the Lowlands and other places if the river wolves knew of them. While she knew Lorcan things had not gone well between them during their last meeting. She didn't know for certain if she could persuade him to accompany her on a scouting trip.

“I will certainly ask him,” she stated thoughtfully. If he did agree it would give them the chance to talk. She felt some explanation was needed. The small agouti's good ear perked as he mentioned another of the river wolves, Inna. A female scout which interested Cheedo since she was also a female working toward being a scout. Perhaps Inna might have some helpful information for her to help her in her training. It was certainly something to think about. “I will have to call on her maybe she even has some advice that will help me.” She felt hearing how different scouts did their job could only help her to do hers better. She'd found her place in the pack and now she wanted to do the best job she could for them. Especially because her former husband had done so much wrong by them.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Perhaps sending some of his subordinates to scout with the blue-eyed agouti would help restrengthen their frayed alliance, for he often wondered how the Whitestone wolves felt about their eastern neighbours. Eventually he would have to make his way west, to the monadnock, for a visit. It was certainly long overdue and, perhaps, he would bring one of his children along with him. To test the waters.

Nodding his approval the ghost fell silent once more, his dark lips tight as he observed the lowlands stretching behind the Whitestone scout. He was not opposed to joining her, as well, but he knew he couldn’t be gone from the river for too long. Despite the longing ache in his paws Lachesis knew there was only so far he could go. Even venturing out to the fields was a stretch, for it was nearly a three day journey to visit their western neighbours. As he grew older the ghost was becoming more of a homebody, even if his legs still longed for long journeys and new terrain. “Hearthwood and its members will be available to you as long as we’re able,” he added with another nod, “there’s still much of the lowlands we have not seen either.” The lands beyond the fields remained a mystery to him and while he doubted he would ever be able to explore them he would like for one of his subordinates to visit in order to describe the barren landscape to him.

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo

The prospect of having someone to scout with and help her was an exciting thing for the small agouti. The last time she had been excited was when she had finally accepted she was going to be a mother and was looking forward to the day she would finally bring her children into the world. She forced her thoughts to stop there, she didn't need to become depressed so far from home.

She knew she still had so much to learn about her new home, it wasn't like Ritter. She'd traveled over it so many times in search of food and shelter that she knew it well. The Lowlands was still so new to her and to make it even more daunting there were lands beyond the Lowlands that needed to be explored. As he spoke she turned her gaze into him, “Thank you for your kindness, I know things have been a little strained between our packs and I hope the bond between them will grow stronger in the future.” Perhaps going scouting with some of the river wolves would benefit the alliance, Cheedo didn't know. Pack politics hadn't been something she'd ever been privy to. “Well perhaps between your subordinates and I we can bring back information about the places that need exploring.”

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He gave another short nod, his features softening as he listened to the blue-eyed agouti speak. While he was still bitter at the attack between Mittani and Lilya, for he believed it had something to do with the silver spider who used to reside atop the monadnock, he still wanted a relationship with the northern pack. The longevity of Hearthwood depended on the alliances they formed. Isolating themselves from their growing neighbours was not wise. Not if they wanted to remain in the Kingwood. They had been chased from their previous home due to unruly neighbours and a traitor among them. He would not allow them to suffer the same fate a second time.

“I hope so, too,” he hummed in response, his head tipping to the side. Since taking over leadership in the River he had not been able to stretch his legs as far as he used to, but he’d managed to see most of the expanse before settling down among the redwoods. The opportunity to visit old haunts was tempting, but he did not know how far he venture. Having a family and responsibilities made excursions difficult.

“I look forward to it,” he responded with a wide grin, his tail wagging slowly behind him. His paws twitched as he turned to look down the line of trees that separated Hearthwood from the rest of the lowlands. “I better relieve Lilya from the children—I’m sure she’ll be needing a break,” “It was nice seeing you again, Cheedo. I’ll have to stop by Whitestone soon to pay Wraith and Piety a visit.” 

Inactive No Rank
Cheedo
You can fade and archive with your next post.:)

The small agouti felt that seeking scouting companions amongst the river wolves could certainly help her pack. She knew the alliance between the river wolves and her pack had been strained since Mittani. Sharing in scouting trips could go a long way to repairing the damage her White Knight had caused. It could also help her to be better at her role which would help her pack as well. This offer that Lachesis had given her was one that she felt she needed to take him up on. With her limited knowledge of pack politics she felt that improving the relationship between the packs was beneficial for all. All Cheedo wanted to do was the best job for her pack because they had given her a home and they treated her well.

A smile crossed her features when he agreed with her. It was something that she knew would take time but knowing he was willing and her alphas we're as well helped her to be hopeful. “I feel we are off to a good start,” she said. Having not been in the Monadnock while Craw was leading she didn't know how the alliance was going but after the situation with Mittani she felt that they were recovering.“I'm hoping it will be soon.” She would haven't talk to her alphas since it would take more than a day but she thought they wouldn't mind. Still she would ask as that was the proper thing for her to do. She gave the man a nod when he expressed he needed to get back. “You'll give them all my best. Have a safe journey back.” She knew she needed to be heading back as well if she wanted to be home by nightfall. “It was good seeing you again.”

(This post was last modified: Aug 20, 2017, 05:30 AM by Cheedo.)