(See All?) Announcements
546 Users Online
Nori, Google, Bing, Adora, Finley, Vanadis

sometimes quiet is violent — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The last thing she wanted to do was to crush her daughter and finding out that she would never see Kisla again would do just that. As her mother she knew it was her job to tell Oksana that her grandmother was gone. Just as her mother had told her when her father had passed away. Inna wondered if Kisla might have had the same thoughts she was having before she'd told her and her sister about Maksim. It was moments like this she missed her mother most, she would have went to her and asked her advice but she could not. She had to figure it out in her own, “I'm sure you're right,” he usually was, “Its times like this it's hard to be a parent and now I realize a little of what my mother must have gone through when she had to tell Lekalta and me about our father.” It was different though because Kisla was giving the news of losing her mate. There were many other things that Inna had started to understand but it was only because she was a mother now too.

Inna could be grateful for one thing at least, that her daughter was able to know Kisla before she died. She would never know her grandfather.and the type of man he was, that she would have to tell Oksana. She had gotten to see what kind of woman her hand mother was, got to see how kind yet strong she was. Kisla was a strong woman to have gone through all that she had and still lead a pack and raise her children the best she could. Inna was proud to call Kisla her mom.

Inna had to believe that her mother was still with her even if she wasn't physically there for her to run to when she needed her. She wasn't here in the things that she had been taught by her mother. The admiration she had and desire to succeed in her life because she'd seen what her mother had become, a great alpha and mother. Inna bumped his chin with her nose, “I'm sure we will. You knew them well Lachesis and you know what they wanted for Hearthwood. You must not doubt yourself because deep down you know the right thing to do, you always do. I trust that you will help Hearthwood succeed and do them the justice that you want to.” She had faith in the pale leader, the decisions that he'd made in the past had given her that faith in him.

~Table by Jacqueline
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He sighed, softly, at her words and gave a sad nod in response. Nature had played its course; however, it happened much sooner than the river wolves had expected. Loss was inevitable, but it didn’t get easier the more frequently it came around. Lachesis was proof of that. “Unfortunately I don’t think parenting gets any easier,” he added with a weak smile, his ears still pressed flat against his crown. “You’ll find a way to tall her, Inna, and she’ll cope. It won’t be easy, but the sooner she finds out the sooner she’ll be able to come to terms with the loss.” It was easier said than done, however, as the ghost was still struggling to move forward. Grief was a fickle creature.

Life continued to throw more curveballs at the ghost, making his job as leader of Hearthwood more difficult. He had always doubted his abilities, ever since Maksim first asked him to step up in his place. Leadership had never crossed his mind, for he had always been content as the river king’s right-paw, aiding him when needed and attempting to advise him. The throne had always been unappealing, for XIX enjoyed his freedom as the pack’s healer. The river wolves had respected him then and he worried once he stepped into a position of power that they, too, would doubt him.

Despite the time that had passed since he took the position permanently, Lachesis still felt that way.

“Thank you,” he hummed in response as he met her fiery gaze, his features relaxing at her words. It was hard for him to believe her words but he appreciated them nonetheless. “I hope you’re right.” Seeing the pack succeed was important to him. He couldn’t let Hearthwood falter now that the matriarch had followed the patriarch. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna’s biggest concerns now that her mother had passed were her pack and her family, she had to make sure they were okay. Just like after her father had passed she had thrown herself into making sure the pack made it through and this time should be no different. The first thing she needed to do was tell her daughter about Kisla, she needed to hear it from her mother. It didn't matter how painful it might be for the both of them, as a mother it was what she had to do just as her mother had done. “I still have you Lach, to help me.” That was a comfort, that while she may have lost her mother she still had him. “I will and she is a strong girl and with some time and support she will come to terms with it.” It would only be a question of how much time.

Sometimes Inna felt like she couldn't get a break from losing those who were important to her. One by one they all seemed to go away for one reason or another but the pale leader had been a constant in her life. He'd always been there when she needed to talk, always answered her questions and helped her understand. Even when he'd been upset with her for breaking pack law he'd still done what he could to support her. Now it was her turn even though she had not been in this world as long as he or had the experience he did she could still try her best to help him.

p>One thing Inna did know was Lachesis had served under her mother and father long enough to know how they had run the pack. He'd been a leader next to her mother long enough to have the experience to take the pack on now. She trusted him with her family's legacy and that he would do right by her parents. She gave his chin a lick when he thanked her, “I'm sure I am you just have to look inside yourself and use the knowledge you already have Lachesis. You didn't become a healer because you couldn't do that.” He just needed some time like all the rest to heal from his grief.

~Table by Jacqueline

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
you can fade with your post if you'd like, or i can fade with my next one? sorry for the wait on this <3

He offered her a small smile at her words, his ears twitching in response. He didn’t know if could be of much help to the raven, for he was still trying to manage his own grief and his parenting skills were nowhere near the level that Kisla’s had been. His first litter had left him—one fuelled by anger and the other fuelled by determination to bring the former home. He had tried to look for them—to bring them back—but as the days passed their trails grew fainter and there were no whispers of their names anywhere near the Kingswood. He hoped for the best because it was all he could do.

Once more he nodded. He was not worried about Oksana and her grieving. She was young and had an endless support system. While losing her grandmother would no doubt cause her fragile heart to crack and her eyes to weep, Lachesis was confident that the young crow would bounce back. Death was a fickle creature and difficult to comprehend at such a young age. But with Inna at her side, the ghost knew that the littlest Baranski would do just fine.

“It’s just… weird,” he mumbled in response, his chartreuse gaze fixated on the slow moving river. “Not having her here. Suddenly I have all these questions and nobody to answer them.” A small laugh escaped him but his features remained stoic, his forehead smooth as his ears fell toward the ground. “It’ll get easier, I know. I just didn’t exp—“ He paused, shaking his head and dismissing the words from falling off her tongue. “Do you want to go for a patrol? I need to keep myself busy.” Dwelling wasn’t going to fix anything.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Went ahead and faded and archived this. No worries! ;)

Losing a parent wasn't anything new for the Raven she'd lost her father and gotten through it more or less. There were still times she missed him more than she would ever admit to anyone but she carried on. Her mother was different because she had always been there, when everyone else had left her mother had been there. Anything she'd ever needed and Kisla was there with her kindness and understanding. It was because of her mother she'd chosen the role as scout. It was because of her mother that Hearthwood meant so much to her and now Kisla was gone and Inna only knew to try and be strong like she had before.

Her daughter was going to need her once she told her that Kisla was gone and Lachesis, Inna hated seeing him this way. She'd always wanted him to be happy, it was the reason she kept her true feelings about Lilya to herself. She made him happy and that was what mattered. The pack would need her to be strong too, she was her mother's daughter and she needed to set and example for them.

“I know, I feel that too,” she said solemnly in agreement with his words, “Sometimes it feels like it isn't real and she will be in her den and then she's not.” It was the worst feeling to go to her mother's den wanting to talk to her and she not be there. The next thing he said struck Inna in the wounds that were still not healed from her father's death. He didn't finish his sentence but she felt she knew what he was going to say. She didn't expect to lose her mother so soon after she had her father. She gave the pale leader a nod when he asked about a patrol. “Of course, I think it will do me some good too.”

Fade

~Table by Jacqueline