(See All?) Announcements
391 Users Online
Bing, Atara, Oleander, Apollo, Google

Stand Together — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! I assumed she was laying outside the den... if you want me to change it, let me know. @Moonshadow

------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 245

Having spent the morning with his son, Tagg decided to give his wife some attention. There were a couple of things he wanted to talk to her about, though the one topic in particular he was going to wait for her to bring up.

Leaving Chan in the den to take a nap, the father curled up with his mate and began grooming her fur. They didn’t have time for the simple things like this very often anymore.  He missed them; Tagg had always felt that the simple were just as important as the special. It was the simple moments that made a place ‘home’.

“How is leading the pack?” He asked quietly, not wanting to disturb their son snoozing inside. He knew that the leadership position had frightened her before, and now that Namid wasn’t even here to help her, he was worried the stress might be harmful.  He wanted to support his mate in every way he could, hence the conversation he was starting with her.

Tagg continued grooming his wife as she spoke, and when she paused he said, “There’s something I want to run by you, and I would like you to try answer both as my mate and as my alpha.” He didn’t want to cause her conflict, and he wanted to know exactly what was going on in her mind.  The last thing she needed was more stress, and that was the last thing he wanted to give her.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

@Tagg ya thats fine :)

The air was warm, the breeze blowing gently through her dark fur as she laid outside the den. She was in between duties and felt like a nap would be a good idea. Ever since she took over for Namid she had woken up earlier and gone to bed later. She wasn't going to let anything happen to those she loved. The sun warmed her inky pelt as the new queen tried to sleep. The approach of others caused her silver dusted ears to lurch forwards. The voices and paw steps were easily recognized as that of her husband and son. Keeping her silver orbs hidden behind ebony lids Moon smiled. Two of the three wolves she loved most moved past her and into the den. The mother assumed that it was for nap time. Her assumption was correct as only her husband exited the den. Her silver dusted tail began to wag behind her as she felt him come and lay besides her.

The dark woman laid still as he began to groom her fur. These quiet moments were her favorite. Just her and him laying enjoying one another's company. It was the simple things that made the woman relax and destress. Her silver dusted ears flicked towards him as he asked how leading the pack was in a hushed voice. She let out a small huff before letting out a yawn. Finally opening her eyes she gave her mate a kiss on his creamy muzzle. "Its alright I guess. Kind of weird without Namid here and with Kajika also leading..." She trailed off not sure what else there was to say. She wasnt as scared this time around and she wondered if the true lake queen would return to her home and reclaim her throne.

Tagg continued his grooming until she paused then asked his question. He wanted to run something by her? And wanted her to answer as both his mate and alpha. This was curious causing the woman to sit up a little so that she could look at him in the eye. "What is it dear?" She asked curiosity with worry lacing her tone. What was wrong?

Word Count: 368
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! I'm back!

Word Count: 287

Tagg’s heart was trying very hard to escape his ribcage, and he thought he might go deaf from the pounding in his ears. Why was he so nervous all of a sudden? He had nothing to fear from Moon… she wouldn’t get angry with him, regardless of her opinion… would she?

He swallowed and glanced away.  Since it was only an idea in his mind, nothing had changed.  But once he said it out loud, once he started actually considering it, things would be so much different.  There would be consequences. He just didn’t know what kind.  Was he sure he wanted to do this?

The veteran returned his gaze to his mate and cleared his throat, forcing himself to calm down.  He would trust her advice here.  “Well, I was thinking… since you’re my mate, I need to support you.  I want to support you. And I do.” What was the best way to word this? “But there is such a difference in our ranks now, and there are just some things that I can’t help you with.  I was wondering… what you might think… if I climbed the ranks a little bit?”

It came out slow and awkward, and he was kicking himself. He hadn’t had this hard a time talking to her since they became mates. “Before, when it was just Kajika, it would have been easy.  I should have just gone ahead and challenged him.  But now I’ll also have to challenge Vespertio.  I’m not afraid of him, but I respect him and his right to the pack.  I don’t want to take that all away from him.  I don’t want him to think that I’m trying to steal the Cove from him.”

"Speech"  Thought

l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

So sorry about this late reply! Im glad your back! :D

Silver eyes searched her love's features trying to find any hint of what he wanted to say. His nervousness was clearly and began to spread to the dark woman. She shifted in her spot uncomfortably with her silver dusted tail swishing behind her. His gaze shifted to the ground leaving her mind to race even more. What could he possibly be wanting to say?

His brilliant green eye met her pale silver as he cleared his throat. He began by saying how he wants to and needs to support her. His words coming out slow and almost awkward. The large woman was confused until he finally said it. "I was wondering...what you might think...if I climbed the ranks a little bit."

Climb the ranks??? Moons eyes widened while her ears stood erect around her only skull. The ranks as follows were Kajika, Vespertio, then Tagg. While she would love to have her mate by her side she couldn't see herself being okay with putting Vespertio lower within the ranks of a pack that was rightfully his. Not to mention how Kajika would react, having been the most loyal member of this pack for as long as she's known him.

Silver dusted ears had fallen back as the realization of what could happen if her love challenged for a higher rank. He continued on to say how he wasn't afraid of Vespertio but also didnt want him to think he was taking the pack from him. How could he not think that? With Moon also leading that's all it would look like. She couldn't do that to him, not after all he had done for her. And Kajika? She felt torn between him and her husband now. She loved the dark man and believed that he was a good choice as a temporary replacement while Vesper took a break. But how could she say that without seeming like she wasnt supportive.

"Love" she began slowly giving his chin a small nurse. "You do support me, never have I ever thought you didn't. With that I - I" she stuttered unsure how to say it. She took a deep breath before being able to continue "the Cove is not ours to rule. It has been and always will belong to Vespertio and Namid. Kajika and I are nothing more than place holders to keep the pack from disbanding. So that we all don't lose our home. We dont know how long Vesper will need before he feels healthy enough to reclaim his thrown and we have no idea how long Namid will be gone." She hoped that he would understand what she was trying to say...that things should just stay the same.

Word Count: 460
(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2017, 09:54 PM by Moonshadow.)
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC!  

Word Count: 254

He couldn’t say he was very surprised at her response. As relief flooded him, Tagg almost felt light-headed.  He had been so unsure, but if his wife was okay with how things stood, then so was he. For now.  He smiled as the breath he didn’t even know he was holding was released. “I’ll wait then.” He nuzzled her.  Everything was going to be okay.  If he challenged the ranks now, especially at this time of turmoil, it might ruin the pack’s esprit de corps and result in a disbandment anyway.  He didn’t want that.

“I know things are temporary.  I just didn’t want to leave you with all the responsibility.” He said, stepping back and licking her ears affectionately. “Kajika is probably a better leader than me anyway.”

That didn’t mean that someday the veteran wouldn’t challenge his friend.  It wasn’t that he was an ambitious wolf – he really wasn’t, and didn’t mind his position in the pack – but he wanted to stand beside his mate as equals. It had already been something on his mind, and then the ranks changed…

But he could wait.  The only way he could do this and preserve his friendship with the current alpha was to prove his loyalty to both the pack and to Moon.  His frequent excursions were not doing that.  It was time to settle down and stay put. Time to prove he could be a father. If he could lead his son to success, then maybe he could someday be fit to rise.

"Speech"  Thought

l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

"I'll wait then". Those three words alleviated the tension and stress that had rapidly begun to increase in the dark woman. She was loyal to all three males for very different reasons. She couldnt bare to have to choose which to support in the event of a rank challenge.  Tagg was her husband, her love. Vespertio was the rightful king of the cove and gave her multiple chances to make the cove her home. And Kajika, Kajika was the one that gave her a second chance in life. He gave her a home, taught her the things she didn't know, always been there for her. It would be impossible for he to choose just one. Her silver dusted tail swept the ground behind her in relief as he stepped back from her. He admitted he knew things were temporary and that he didn't want to leave her with all the responsibility. She was grateful for his concern, and that in of itself was support enough for her. His licks to her ears allowed her to relax even more. Moving to a laying position she continued to listen. His next words shocked her a bit. How could he say that? While she knew Kajika was doing well as temporary alpha, she didn't think that would necessary make him a better leader. In order to make an educated decision she'd have to see how the russet veteran would handle the role. "Love, ya cant say that" she rebuttled with a lick to his chin. "I'm sure you'd make a wonderful leader, given the right chance." She replied trying to reassure him as well as reaffirm that he shouldn't challenge up.

Word Count: 278
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! 

Word Count: 139

Palpable tension drained from the air, the stress leaving Moon’s shoulders helping Tagg to relax further.  He felt guilty for causing her distress, no matter how temporary it may be. But in the end it was better that he’d asked her now than gone ahead and made a move.  That would have caused her many more problems.

The veteran smiled wanly at his mate’s words of encouragement, but didn’t reply. You’d think differently if you’d seen me before I came back to the Cove. He thought bitterly, mind turning briefly to how he’d handled command during the fighting.  He hadn’t been very good at it then, and he doubted he could handle it now.

Then again, things were different now.  He had a different perspective. He gazed lovingly at his wife, not caring about how sappy he probably looked.

"Speech"  Thought

(This post was last modified: Oct 24, 2017, 04:58 PM by Tagg.)
l
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

@Tagg wow I suck with this I'm sorry DX feel free to pp her too :)
 It seemed like he wouldn't take her words of encouragement for he half heartedly smiled in response. Silver eyes looked over the face she had fallen in love with. Even if he didnt believe her she did and someday she would make him see it too. For know though she'd let it be, no use in prying any further. So with that the large woman began to groom her mate, starting with his face and moving down into his nape. Quality time like this was hard to come by now that they had Chan. Moon wouldn't change it for the world though. Her little boy was the biggest blessing in her life.

Word Count: 000
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall

OOC! 

Word Count: 125

Tagg loved his son, but he also loved this time he got with his wife. He hummed as she started to groom him, and returned the favor.  He let her scent wash over him, calming the storm inside his mind. His life was like a dream, twisting and turning from nightmare to hazy bliss. How could he have done those things and be here, now, with her? How could she have fallen in love with him? Everything changed so fast.  HE felt as if he’d returned only days ago, yet here he was with a beautiful mate and a son, and a pack that he loved.

He’d fight for this.  He’d fought for this.  And he would do everything in his power to protect it.

"Speech"  Thought

l