(See All?) Announcements
413 Users Online
Google, Bing

there's miles of land in front of us — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

It certainly did not take very long for her to notice the shift in tension between her friend and the near-stranger. It was like electricity curling around her feet as it zapped between one to the other, attempting to bring fur to its outer reaches. The last thing she wanted to do was to bring drama to Lachesis, and while she had always wanted XIX to herself she didn't want to be the reason for any disturbance between the bride he had chosen.

Alas, she couldn't really bring the words to say anything directly for it wasn't her place to bark at the man who gave Lachesis a rather dirty look. She was new and therefore didn't get to say anything at all. Though, it was clear how odd it felt to have a stranger lean forward to touch his nose to hers. Frightening, almost. Yet she didn't budge and instead offered that same nervous and awkward chuckle. "I... I suppose so," eyes looked quietly to Lachesis as though wondering if this was normal. She certainly had never been greeted with such boldness but this was his pack and he would know it better than she would.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He almost rolled his eyes at Aytigin’s words but kept himself composed, his tongue laying slack between his teeth as he watched the interaction between the two. Immediately he could tell that the china doll was uncomfortable—he’d known her long enough to know when she felt out of her element. He had thrust her into new surroundings after unloading a bunch of information onto her—information that she was no doubt still trying to process. He had messed up, like always. His frown returned, his heart beating erratically within his chest as he waited (impatiently) for the dove’s response. I suppose so. She didn't sound certain. But it was good enough for the ghost.

Catching her pointed stare he offered her a shrug in response, his chartreuse gaze trailing over to the ebony male. “Sorry about Aytigin,” he mumbled with a crooked grin, his confidence returning, “he’s a bit of a brat. Harmless though,” he teased, hoping to lighten the mood as he offered the large male a sharp wink. He knew that the training Guardian was curious about the female Lachesis had brought home—he had every reason to be. There was undeniable chemistry between the two for they had years of history together. He just hoped Lilya would not think anything of it. The pale healer loved the sparrow and did not want to jeopardize the relationship that had finally blossomed between the two.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Hm. So the older woman was planning on staying. Which was all fine and dandy and such, but Aytigin couldn't help but think that it was a sort of mistake. Not only would it pose a possible threat to Lachesis and Lilya's relationship (which Ayti fully supported and liked to think he had a part to play in bringing about), but most wolves did seem to just use the River for a quick stop before moving on to greener pastures... so to speak. Not that the white female before him seemed the type or anything - it was just that it had happened often before, with wolves that Aytigin hadn't expected to flake out.

Thankfully, Lachesis took that moment to try and lighten the mood that had overtaken the three of them, and Ayti couldn't help but be a bit grateful for it. Even if it was at his own expense. So, he decided to play along, scoffing dramatically. "I am many things, but I am not harmless. I'm a dangerous killer, miss Anastasia. You've been warned." He winked in a spot where both of them could see that he was just joking, and then snorted sharply. "And I'm not a brat, either!"

Which he planned to punctuate with a stomp of his foot, but he chose the wrong leg to do so with. Pain spiked up his shoulder when it jarred, and he lurched forward, squeezing his eyes shut tightly and biting back a yelp. "Fuuuuhhhcck," he hissed under his breath, ears pressed back to his skull. His breathing had picked up just a bit and he blinked his eyes back open when the initial shock of pain had worn off. "Uhm, excuse my language..." the male breathed, a bit embarrassed by his outburst and hoping Lachesis wouldn't shove him to the ground for not watching his mouth.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

The woman might have fur as pure as snow but her ears were far from it. While she was quite uncomfortable with the sudden physical touch it would seem it was nothing out of the ordinary ( and in a few days times she might appreciate the lengths gone to make physical contact as it would certainly bridge her comfort ) . For now she simply listened to the comforting words of XIX as well as the hinted warning that Aytigin wasn't harmless and was indeed a dangerous killer, maybe even an assassin but he certainly was no brat.

With doe eyes she looked at his leg as it rose and moved to hit the ground and her ears involuntarily flattened against her skull as she heard the resounding curse. Eyes were large as she looked at his foot and traveled her gaze along his shoulder, gathering information on the injury that no doubt caused him such pain. "Do you take anything to help that heal?" There were many herbs that could help him to not feel so sore and in pain, though it would likely restrict a lot of movement -- precisely the movements he was doing here and now in this very meeting.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

A dangerous killer. He scoffed at the statement. The clumsy wolf was anything but. He did not know what kind of impression Aytigin was trying to make on the china doll but it was bringing her out of her shell so, for now, he would allow his careless words. For whatever reason he had grown fond of the brash male, even with his lack of a filter and desire to always get the last word in. Perhaps he was foolish to put his trust in a wolf as reckless as the Delaney, but he did not care. So far the ebony male had done nothing to break his trust—aside from leaving a meeting early, which had been properly dealt with.

He frowned at the curse, noting how the large male was favouring one leg over the other. Huh. Why had he not approached him, or Lorcán, about the injury? Lachesis could not remember if his shoulder had been sore at the meeting—he was too wrapped up in his own head and dishing out Aytigin’s punishment to notice.

Anastasia, however, was quick to speak on it for she had always put the needs of others above her own. The pale leader followed her gaze and cocked a brow at the Delaney, his crooked grin still pressed lazily against his dark lips. “Yeah, Aytigin—you take anything for that to heal?” Dumbass. Obviously the injury was causing the male pain and for whatever reason he was too proud (or stupid) to seek medicine. The pack had not one but two healers! The casanova could have gone to either wolf to seek treatment. 

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Well, this was embarrassing. He pinned his ears to his head, averting his gaze as they both questioned him on whether or not he'd taken anything for it to heal. Which he hadn't, and he was positive that Lachesis was mentally calling the Delaney a dumbass. Which he was... but that was completely besides the point. He shot the alpha a halfhearted glare when he spotted the smirk on his face - clearly, the man thought it was funny, somehow.

"It's, uh, been like this for a little over a month now," he tried to explain, and couldn't help but understand why Lachesis would think of him as a dumbass. Saying the words aloud was enough to cement the fact. "I accidentally knocked down a beehive and got swarmed, and I took a pretty nasty fall." He hoped it wasn't broken or something - that it was just inflammation or dislocation or whatever. He'd hate to have not only his heart, but also his shoulder broken by having something to do with Cottongrass. "I was kind of hoping it'd heal up on its own. Always has before."

He swallowed hard and pulled his right forepaw from the ground, seeing no reason to put weight on it if he didn't have to pretend it wasn't hurt anymore. "Didn't really want to bother you for herbs or anything, because you've got plenty on your mind without me being a baby about a little hurt. Lorcan just recently got back from his and Inna's trip, and I don't really know him that well, so I didn't... you know." Didn't feel comfortable approaching him for help, if he could help it.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Anastasia could feel her eyes rolling figuratively as Lachesis said his piece. Clearly seeming to antagonize him further by asking him why he hadn't gone to anyone asking for medicine. Anastasia wasn't a skilled healer by any means but she did care enough to find a solution to his problem. It seemed he needed something - someone - to look after him at least for an hour or two to see his progress and interest in staying immobile to heal. "I can find you a salve to put on that so the muscles aren't so tense," it would soothe the muscle enough to allow it the proper movement it needed since Aytigin didn't seem the type to stay put for long.

Regardless of what he had done, the guy would surely need some attention now that it had been noticed by the two of them. Ana wasn't the type to let someone be in pain for longer than they had to be and honestly she was surprised Lachesis hadn't noticed it before. He had always been rather observant so it came as a surprise but the again he had a family to look after. She couldn't blame him.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His expression grew more serious as Aytigin spoke once more, announcing that his shoulder had been bothering him for over a month. How had he not noticed? His frown cut deeper into his dark lips at the thought. He mentally kicked himself for being so oblivious to Aytigin’s health, for his head had been wrapped up in what had occurred between Wild Rye and Hearthwood. “You should’ve told me,” he sighed, his chartreuse gaze fixated on the larger male. “It’s not bothering me, Aytigin. It’s part of my job description, especially if Lorcán isn't here.” He just hoped that the male’s shoulder was not beyond repair after ignoring it for over a month.

As the dove spoke Lachesis’ ears flicked over in her direction but his peridots remained fixated on the Delaney. It was just like Anastasia to be worried about a wolf she’d just met, her comforting voice making the ghost’s shoulders sag. “I have some herbs in my infirmary,” he added, finally turning to meet her cerulean gaze. He was curious when she picked up some medical knowledge, for she had been the one to encourage him into pursuing the role of healer. They had spent several years apart… there was bound to be some more things that he did not know about her. He was not the only one that had changed since their last encounter.  

(This post was last modified: Aug 23, 2017, 06:23 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Ayti could pretty much feel his ears burning in embarrassment as the two of them offered up ways to help. They were kind gestures, and clearly needed, because this damned shoulder wasn't just going to resolve itself. He looked down at his paws and sighed. "Thank you. But, uh, really, you don't have to. It's rude to ask, since you just joined and all," he told Anastasia, then turned his attention to his alpha. "I'm sorry I didn't go to you about it. But you should know by now that I'm an idiot." Hazel eyes turned to meet peridot green. "I haven't been putting much thought into my physical health lately. I've been busy, too."

Ah, right. Lach had a store of herbs. The massive wolf dipped his head, grateful that they both seemed so willing to help him out. "Thank you both," he said genuinely, then shifted his weight a bit. "Is there anywhere to lie down in that den? Maybe somewhere that I won't get swarmed by puppies?" It was wishful thinking, but the children hadn't gone easy on his shoulder.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

The pale woman still knew very little about healing but when dealing with her loneliness she had had to make a lot of trial and error mistakes. If only to secure her own health when there was no one around to assist. There had been countless cuts and bruises along the way, even a sprained paw that she had had to deal with herself. That had been one of the scariest events in her time away because she wasn't sure she would be able to live without hunting for herself. Luckily she had been smart and kept a food cache nearby and portioned it methodically, as well as scavenging when the opportunity arose.

In silence Anastasia let Lachesis discuss how disappointed he was that Aytigin had not come to him and discussed what could be done. Being injured was a serious thing and they would be lucky if they could mend the injury back after it has gone so long untreated. "You didn't ask, I offered." But seeing as Lachesis probably already had all that was needed, she might as well let him take charge. As far as where to go so as not to get swarmed by puppies - a though that still made her feel rather uncomfortable as it led to more heartbreaking thoughts - her cerulean eyes swept to XIX for surely his mentioned infirmary would have enough space to care for the male; though, perhaps Aytigin was asking for a different place because they might be keeping the children nearby.