(See All?) Announcements
358 Users Online
Juniper, Adelard, Bing, Google, Chan, Apollo

there's miles of land in front of us — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Anastasia | late evening, set immediately after this thread (August 23)
HR wolves are welcome to come greet them, but let Ana post first <3
also pls do not match this length holy heckie

He did not know where to start. So much had happened since she had left Cut Rock a second time. He worried that it would be all too much for her—that the change was too much for her to handle. The thought kept him silent for the first half of their journey back to the Kingsfall, his chartreuse gaze falling to her fragile frame to ensure she was not falling behind or regretting her decision to follow him.

He started from the beginning, explaining why they had to leave Cedarwood behind. That they had been betrayed by one of their own and pushed out of the forest. Kisla had been pregnant, which made travel slow and near impossible, but they continued, battling undesirable weather conditions and losing wolves along the way. They arrived in the north a few months before Kisla gave birth to her second litter. He explained how he had taken over leadership for Maksim when he fell ill, and how he eventually succumbed to the infection in his wounds and passed away the previous spring. This was where he fell silent once more, unsure how to explain to his blue-eyed dove that he, too, was a father to not only one litter but two.

The trees of Kingsfall grew closer as he started to tell her about he and Naia worried for the future of Hearthwood. Their numbers had dwindled and with Maksim injured there was no possibility of the Baranski’s conceiving another litter. So they took matters into their own paws. Kyrios Aegina and Atropos Stark, he told her, his lips curling into a soft smile. We, uh… I-I, um… I took your name. I hope that’s okay? Lachesis Stark; Nineteen Stark… His voice had trailed off as they slunk between the sturdy redwoods, his chartreuse gaze avoiding her brilliant aquamarines.

The ghost then explained that Naia had passed away during childbirth. Despite losing two long-term members the pack continued to thrive with Lachesis and Kisla at the helm. He’d even defended his title from a rogue amongst their ranks, who he and Kisla had expelled fro Hearthwood. His voice grew heavy as he announced that Kyrios and Atropos had both disappeared, the latter looking to find the former, although neither had returned. Despite the disappearances in their ranks the river wolves continued to thrive, acquiring a number of loyal members. He told her how Mace had joined them, briefly, and that he was doing well. But he, too, had fled the Kingswood. He raved about the remaining Baranski, Inna, explaining that she was the most loyal of all the river wolves and that she was an excellent scout (even though he was still upset with her).

His voice grew softer as he reported that the river wolves had been blessed with three healthy litters this year. One had been Kisla’s and he laughed as he told her how little Risaela was quite the trouble maker. The laugh, however, was bittersweet, for he doubted he would see the same careless Risaela again. The second belonged to Inna, which had come as a surprise, but the cub was still doted on all the same. And the third—his voice hitched, words stumbling over each other—was his. His and Lilya’s. Lavender and Lilliana Stark, he added, his expression guarded as he avoided her gaze once more, his cheeks flushing crimson beneath his pale fur. He quickly abandoned the topic, announcing that the pack had suffered another tragedy only a month ago. Kisla had passed—mauled by a cougar that Lekalta had led away. They were still recovering, he explained, but they were doing better. Surviving was what the river wolves did best.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled, finally glancing over at her delicate figure, his features soft. “It’s a lot to take in. I shouldn’t have thrown it all at you at once…” But she needed to know. From him, not from others.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

The walk toward was tiresome even if it was quite a small distance compared to the miles that she had traveled in the last couple years. It was only long by the stories that he told. How heartbroken she was to find out that Maksim had gotten injured but more or less, she felt discomfort in knowing ( or assuming ) that Lachesis' first time had been only to give the Baranski's children. That it hadn't been the start of his own family but perhaps that was simply the selfless and caring XIX that she had known from early days.

Anastasia was pleased and flattered to know that Lachesis had taken a fraction of her last name and gave it to himself and one of those children. They probably would do more with it than she ever would. Heart wrenched painfully in her chest as he explained time and time again the woes that he had been forced to live through. Of the pain and suffering of their friends/family.

Of course, she was as thrilled as ever to move to Hearthwood River and begin something of a life again but she certainly had not expected to hear that Lachesis had done more than his far share of love. To hear it come from his lips that the last litter was his and another's -- one she fully expected to be present as her death was not summarized -- she could feel her heart ache, her throat swell and her gait was slower.

Jaw clenched with sadness and her eyes could not find his as he apologized for brushing it all on her at once. All she could think of was how she had ruined her own life. That if not Lachesis, who would love her? She didn't believe in taking a father away from his children nor a husband away from a wife ... yet here she was, feeling all the pining she had ever done for XIX at the forefront of her mind.

Eventually she gave a weak smile. Lavender and Lilliana, they were such adorable and beautiful names. She felt enamored by their continuation of L's, as Lilya seemed to be in the mix of L's. Then there was just Ana. "I bet they're beautiful," as she expected Lachesis to provide nothing less than beautiful and handsome children. In her absence she had only dreamed of having her own children but the truth was that the only man she had ever saw as the father was standing at her side.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He did not miss the change in her pace as he mentioned Lilya and the twins. Her expression changed and so did his.

For the first time in his short life the Stark had felt pure, unblemished happiness with the blue-eyed sparrow at his side. He was determined to do things right this time—with both her and their children. Despite the sparrow being thrust back into leadership (exactly how Lachesis had acquired his position) XIX knew that they could lead the pack together, and that the river wolves would thrive beneath them.

And here was Anastasia, the reason behind his confidence and perseverance. She had stumbled out of the Lore once more, determined to make a name for herself once more. Determined to stay. He ignored the persistent whispers of doubt in the back of his mind for after losing her not once, but twice, he feared the trend would continue. As soon as the thoughts entered his mind he swallowed them, shoving them back into their dark corners.

I bet they’re beautiful. He felt his cheeks growing warm once more and glanced away as they continued through the redwoods, his pace slowing as the comforting woodsy scent consumed him. “I guess they’re alright,” he joked in response, his shoulder bumping hers as his infamous crooked grin rolled onto his pale maw. They were beautiful (certainly better than alright) and he adored them just as much as his first litter. XIX just hoped that they wouldn’t leave him, too…

“Well, this is home,” he announced, stepping away from her and turning on his heals, his tail wagging slowly behind him as he gestured to the surrounding trees. “We’re not far from the river. That’s where the dens are.”

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Where XIX found happiness, she found pain. A certain wound that could not be tended to easily and one that she knew he could not fix even if he tried. It was easy to feel relaxed in knowing that he had little XIX's running about his toes, it was hard to know that there was someone else there to mother them. Another woman that wasn't here, when she had only ever dreamed of them having a family together. That they would be by each other's side through each and every part of their lives -- yet she was the one to blame.

He jokes and brushes his shoulder against hers and she gives an awkward and nervous chuckle. Attempting to seem like she was OK but knowing that her heart and mind had checked out a few miles passed. So her blue-eyes took in his home as best she could and while it didn't feel like any home to her she knew she would have to make due. Anastasia needed some place to rest her head; a safe place, where she could lick her present wounds.

Even now she wasn't so sure that she wanted any company to welcome her and give her the red carpet tour, but she knew if she didn't allow herself to process what the River had to give her then she would flee the moment she was alone. Despite knowing feeling like there was nothing for her here, she had to press on and see to her stay.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

A frown creased his features, the corners of his eyes falling as he watched her study her new surroundings. He did not want to force Hearthwood upon her—not if she didn’t want to stay. Especially since so much had changed… XIX was not sure she wanted to remain here, where she was surrounded by wolves who did not know her.

But, perhaps, that was good for her. Maybe this was the fresh start she needed—to be around those who knew nothing of her past and what she’d been through. A clean slate. But did that include him? She claimed she wanted him in her life—to make up for the things she’d done—but did she still want that knowing how much he had changed during her years of absence? That he had gone from awkward yearling to even more awkward adult with children! He knew it was a lot for her to process and the ghost began to worry that it was enough to make her run.

“I want you to stay here, dove,” he confessed as he maintained the distance between them, his ears swept back. “But if you don’t want to I won’t hold it against you. It’s not the same as Cut Rock, I know that, but it’s home. It can be yours too, but only if you want it.” He did not want to force her to stay—he could never do that to her. 

Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
-Ayti flies in-

It had been a rather uneventful few days, for Ayti at least. Inna and Lorcan had returned and he no longer had to watch after Oksana every day. He'd mostly been sleeping, because the lingering sense of exhaustion had not ebbed in the slightest. The man had tried to guard the borders as best as he could, especially after telling Lach about his desire to become a Guardian for Hearthwood, but had had very little energy.

Not to mention the fact that his shoulder was screwed up. He'd have to see one of the healers about it.

Late afternoon was settled over the forest, and Ayti was half-tempted to just return to the main den and fall asleep. He'd done one round of border patrols for the day, and it had taken him much longer than usual because of his shoulder. But it seemed that rest would have to wait, because there Lachesis stood, with a tiny white wolf beside him. For a moment, Ayti hoped it might have been Rory, but shook the thought away. This wolf was older, smaller, and paler than the other white female.

And Lach seemed pretty friendly with this stranger.

Ayti hadn't been there long, but it was enough to see the pair of ghosts brush and bump against one another, and hazel eyes narrowed sharply in response. Lachesis was hardly a touchy wolf, in Aytigin's experience, and he couldn't help but wonder what Lilya would think about all that physical closeness between the two.

They finally put a bit of distance between themselves, and it was then that the mocha man decided would be a good time to approach. He couldn't help the limp that hindered his gait, and leaned against a tree trunk when he felt he was close enough. "Well," he began, appraising the little snowbird slowly. "Who's this lovely lady?" The question was directed at both his alpha and the smaller wolf, but his tone wasn't as enthusiastic as it normally would have been. It was set in a more neutral tone, with a slight upturn of his lips that was more strained than usual. Half from the ache in his shoulder and half because he wasn't sure what to think of this situation.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

The very second that dove came out to play, her legs urged her to run as fast as she could go. To deliver herself away from this heartbreak and live her life the way it clearly should have been -- alone. With her only friend having found someone it was only fair she let him do it. A part of her wanted to scream and yell, to tell him that she wanted to be friends but she couldn't live in the same pack with a woman that wasn't her and yet had moved far more steps than Anastasia ever had.

She didn't get the chance to run, though.

In an instant she spies a dark wolf mingled with the growth and he dangles words that sound almost taunting. Not to her but to Lachesis. "Hello," she gently calls for she feels no reason to trust a wolf that Lachesis held within his pride. If he was a member here then it meant he was good, "I'm Anastasia." He had asked, had he not? Ocean eyes glanced briefly to her newfound leader before looking at Aytigin with a little more confidence. This was good... introducing herself to a stranger and attempting to immerse herself in a life she had already lost.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The dove never got a chance to answer him. The corners of his dropped as he turned to greet the ebony wolf, his body leaning casually against a tree not far from them. Of course it had to be the self-proclaimed casanova to greet the blue-eyed china doll. He had forgotten that Inna and Lorcán had been revoked of their border privileges as part of their punishment. His brows narrowed, his upper lip threatening to curl upward, but he remained calm. Lachesis could tell that Aytigin was taunting him, for he was obviously curious as to why his leader was chumming it up with a wolf that was not Lilya. He exhaled sharply, a warning for the Guardian-in-training to watch his tongue.

“Anastasia is an old friend of mine,” the ghost added, flashing the dove a look out of the corner of his eyes before returning his focus to his subordinate. “We travelled to the Lore together.” Back when he was nothing but a bag of bones with a speech impediment; a shell of a wolf. He looked to the dove once more, unsure of whether she planned on staying beneath the redwoods or not. It was not his decision, as much as he’d like it to be.

But he also did not know how Lilya would feel having Anastasia stay. Or how Ana would feel about the sparrow, knowing that she had captured the ghost’s heart and given birth to his children.

Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Anastasia was just as pompous a name as Aytigin, if not worse. But it was much prettier, and fit the little porcelain wolf quite nicely. And she seemed kind enough, but his problem wasn't really with her. It was much more the fact that Lachesis was rubbing up against a pretty woman, and Lilya was nowhere to be seen. Seemed almost as though the ghost didn't really consider her enough, from Aytigin's point of view. For example, when he'd said that his son had died, rather than including them both in the statement.

It just didn't sit well with the dark wolf.

The alpha exhaled sharply at him, no doubt in a sort of warning, because Lachesis was pretty damn adamant about exerting his position recently. But the mocha-colored man didn't think that he was the one who needed to be careful in this situation. He cut his eyes over to the white male, narrowing them just slightly before turning back to Anastasia with a much more genuine smile. She had done nothing to warrant any mistreatment whatsoever.

"A friend of Lachesis' is a friend of mine," he said brightly, leaning forward to touch his nose to hers in a greeting. "Will you be staying with us as a part of the River?" It had to be asked, and while they needed numbers, he couldn't help but wonder what this was going to do to Lach's and Lilya's relationship. It could possibly throw the pack into even more turmoil.