(See All?) Announcements
694 Users Online
Nori, Google, Mouseling, Bing

A race you'll never win — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

The alabaster witch was an unfortunate piece of his past—one that he had done well in suppressing. He did not care what, or who, she was doing. Nothing would change that. At least she had given birth to a sensible Archer and fled before she could taint Attica with her poisonous words. The witch had been hungry for power, believing she was entitled to the throne of Willow Ridge. Why—because she had hooked up with Sköll, Elettra’s beloved son? The promised prince? The prince who couldn’t even claim the throne as his own? His frown deepened as the thoughts quickly entered and left his mind. It took everything in him not to roll his eyes. “Not miss much,” he answered with a shrug. Perhaps Attica was better off not knowing her parents. She seemed capable and level-headed. The disappearance of her parents had saved her whether she believed it or not.

At first he nodded at her question, his frown promptly replaced by a small smile. “Greer go north first. With Morg. Sköll-sister. Stay while. Greer go south—with mate. Kyna.” Explaining definitely was not something Greer was good at, but he was trying for his niece. “Now here. Aurora Heights. Greer pack. Greer home. His head tipped to the side as he watched her take a seat, his silver eyes not once wavering from her ebony frame. “Willow ok. But not Greer-home.”

[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Played by becuffin who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Attica Archer
Here I stand, staring at the sun
Attica Grace Archer

So there were others that had left too...? Suddenly she didn't feel nearly so guilty as her brother's words had made her think she aught to. They were swept from her mind with tales of aunt's and uncles and whole new families that she hadn't even known were just a stone's throw away. Aparently, plenty of Archers left... So why had he told her they didn't? After all, hadn't even her great Nonna left Torbine? Maybe she shouldn't keep beating herself up like this? No, she wasn't going to do it anymore, because none of it was her fault.

Her head nodded with the sentiment that the Willows were just fine, but they weren't her home either, not anymore. "Not my home either." She responded with a firm nod. Her next thought left her feeling a lot shier than she had been previously, her ears fell back against her skull and her head turned to the side once more looking back towards the red-flowered rise below. "Umm," was it presumptuous of her to just outright ask? "I don't suppose you'd be looking for another member for your pack? I'm not terribly skilled... but I can learn! Ravenna and nonna taught me some plants and Kiki helped me hunt... I mean... I understand if there's no room..." She had subconciously begun to turn away, bracing for the rejection that would surely come.

[Image: sig__com___a_zoo_in_a_jungle_by_clowdero...aszulw.png]
Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
if you want we can fade w/ your post so we can archive this :B <3 @Attica

The shadow did not know what his life would have been like if he had chosen to remain in the ridge or stayed in the north with his sister. He wouldn’t have been happy, he knew that much. His paws had always craved new terrain; his eyes yearning for new sights. Greer would not have been satisfied if he remained among the drooping willows, confined to the forest and limiting his adventures to the neighbouring territories. Heading north with Morganna and her posse had allowed the Archer to see new landscapes and stretch his legs, something he would never have been able to do if he’d stayed in his birthplace. Sometimes he wished he had stayed—for his family—but he knew it would not have been good for him. Heading north had also brought him closer to Kyna, even if it had increased the distance between them (temporarily). Would he be where he was know, with Kyna and Revon, if he had chosen to stay? It didn’t matter. He had them now and that was all that mattered.

A smile tugged at his lips, his tail wagging frantically behind him at her words. Attica wanted to join them on them mountain? Of course there was room! There was always room for Archers. The shadow nodded and stepped toward the peppered Archer, his nose pressing against her cheek. “Yes, yes, yes,” he hummed as he pulled away and motioned for the girl to follow him, his mercury pools glistening with excitement. “Attica welcome. Aurora be Attica home too.” 

[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Played by becuffin who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Attica Archer
Here I stand, staring at the sun
Attica Grace Archer

Attica almost missed the nod, already half turned back towards the rise but she couldn't miss the movement or the way his nose pressed into her peppered cheek. Initially she flinched but when no teeth followed the gesture her tail began to wave, slowly at first and then faster. Her head dropped submissively to acknowledge his words with a wide smile. A weight had lifted from her shoulders that she hadn't even realised she had been carrying. Oh. She suddenly belonged again. Suddenly all the exhaustion she had been carrying seemed inconsequential, her paws couldn't stay still. "Lead the way!"

fade
[Image: sig__com___a_zoo_in_a_jungle_by_clowdero...aszulw.png]