(See All?) Announcements
374 Users Online
Google, Adelard, Jethro, Bing, Nadine, Apollo, Eros

To live is to love — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rau who has 14 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Ferdie Von Pelt
Ferdie Von Pelt yawned as the birds chitchattered to life from their nests, babies hungry after a long night. The feather covered beings loved to wake early and when they awoke not much else could sleep ... unless they were deaf. He glared at the large raven staring at him from a low tree branch Cawing incessantly, perhaps in alarm or to drive him away either way it worked. Ferdie Von Pelt stood and gave himself a great shake, removing any debris from his shiny coat, everything sliding easily away from his thick and pristine hair. Around his sleeping spot was a collection of hair he has teased from his pelt over the night grooming himself making sure his winter coat that would be coming in soon had free reign to do so. The birds could have the remains of his nights grooming for their nests if they wanted it.

He stretched slowly offered the Raven one more haughty glare and trotted away, for days now he had traveled to the east in search of something he just could not place his paw on. His heart yearned for something and lead him far away from where he began, he needed space from them and it felt like years had passed as he traveled away, far away from his home and everything he knew. He sighed perhaps soon he'd find a place to stop a place to still his aching paws for a while. He would have space, and he would settle down somewhere and make new roots, maybe even father his own pups instead of raising others. He had not been lucky enough to father his own pups even though he'd been an alpha in two separate packs.

He paused mid stride, still as statue, he had heard something long minutes past and a rabbit poked it's head from a burrow close by him, coming out for it's breakfast, the large males lips curved into a slow smile, he didn't move, the rabbit looked at him but didn't seem fearful as it hopped away putting Ferdie Von Pelt between it and it's den. Slowly, quietly he shifted into a pounce, then attacked, the rabbit tried to run but never had a chance, not hungry yet he carried the rabbit in his jaws and continued his trek.

By mid morning he came upon something and he halted suddenly; his first hint of wolves, he scented the air and found the boarder of this parkland well marked. He backed up quickly and put a respectful distance between himself and the boarder, Set his rabbit at his paws and then lifted his muzzle skyward and howled questioningly May I seek refuge here? He knew he should not jump into the first pack he came across but he was so lonely and so tired of traveling he could not think of anything that would make him happier.
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The trek back from the sea of gold was just as dull as it had been on the way there. The tundra was unlike the woods he preferred; the landscape was barren and bleak, much like the land he had lived in during his first year of life. His time spent in the Lore had made him soft, more accustom to the lush surroundings. He didn’t mind. This was home—it would always remain that way.

His second had asked to extend his trip a little longer and he had complied without hesitation. The ghost trusted the Artemeiva and knew he would make his return back to the Kingswood as swift as possible. His own journey back had not taken as long—he was able to maneuverer through the tundra with little distractions. Being away from Hearthwood for too long kicked in his anxious mind and the gnawing feeling in his stomach had returned the closer he got to the borders. He missed the sparrow and their children—six days away was far too long. His paws ached at the thought of settling down in his down, his tired legs sprawled out beside him as he succumbed to a nap.

However, it didn’t seem like he was going to get his nap so soon…

The scent of another—a loner—greeted him as he arrived at the borders, his brows pinched together. He could not ignore it, no matter how badly he wanted to; he had responsibilities after all. With a heavy sigh he set force for the stranger, his weary paws dragging across the soft ground as he neared the russet male. A howl rang through the forest as the wolf announced his presence and Lachesis absently wondered if Inna would greet him at he borders, too. Lachesis crossed the imaginary border line before redirecting his path toward the stranger, as he did wanted to address the loner while on river territory.

“Can I help you with something?” He asked coolly, his head tipped to the side as his tail arched high over his pack, his chartreuse gaze fixated on the younger male. He noted the rabbit at the loner’s paws, which was a tell-tale sign that the wolf was seeking refuge within the Kingswood, but he couldn’t be sure.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Ferdie Von Pelt
Ferdie Von Pelt nearly came apart after seeing another wolf, but his outer expression remained the same, he'd not make a fool of himself no matter how he felt on the inside.
He inclined his head respectfully, noting the high tail, it was the alpha who greeted him so he'd have to be sure to offer the utmost respect he could, though it would not be long before he'd start working his way up the ranks, should he be allowed to reside here.

I am Ferdie Von Pelt he cleared his throat clearing his gruff voice, having not spoken in a while his voice box needed a little wake up, His voice was now it's normal deep and rich timbre, which made him a favoured storyteller; He loved to care for other wolves offering much of himself and not asking much in return

I am hoping to join your pack, to offer my skills in hunting and protecting the boarders and offer myself where ever you should need me. I offer you my loyalty and my trust

He picked up the rabbit, keeping his tail as neutral as he could as he took just a few steps forward placing the rabbit on the ground still not touching the packs boarders, keeping his respect plainly visible. He backed up to his original spot allowing the alpha to claim Ferdie Von Pelt's breakfast for himself without having to touch Ferdie or go to near to him should the alpha take the food and leave him there to his own devices. A gift did not mean acceptance into a pack, he understood this.

Ferdie Von Pelt sat down and waited patiently for judgment, He watched the alpha not afraid to look directly at the male, though his eyes did not hold any challenge he could not force himself to wholly submit he would not roll on his back and he would not stare at the ground or yawn as a good submissive should. He had never fully submitted to another wolf and he'd not start now.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Once he had caught wind of the stranger’s presence the cloud had sent Risaela deep into the forest, telling her to go find one of her aunts (or both) and let them know that she had arrived home safely. Now was not the time to teach the girl border protocols—that could wait for another day, when the girl was older and hadn’t just traveled through the tundra for three days. If she had joined him XIX was positive that she would have fallen asleep shortly after the conversation had begun. What the girl needed was one of her aunts and a warm bed. He made a mental note to male a poultice for her paws once he returned from the border, for he did not doubt that they were sore and cracked from the lengthy journey back to the Kingswood.

“Lachesis Stark,” he greeted once the stranger had offered his name, his ears cupping toward the agouti before he offered more of an introduction: “I’m the leader of this pack. Hearthwood River.” Was Ferdie aware of the pack’s name or was this the first border he had stumbled upon? The corners of his lips fell. He was grateful for the rabbit, for it showed that the loner was in fact useful, but he did not know if the wolf was seeking long-term or short-term refuge. Lachesis did not have time for the latter.

He listened patiently to Ferdie’s speech, his brows narrowed gently as his sonars remained tilted forward. Trust and loyalty. Those were traits that the ghost was looking for, but many wolves before the agouti had offered him the same pretty speech… and now they were no longer with the river pack. “I appreciate the gift. There are a lot of mouths to feed in Hearthwood.” The tip of his tail twitched as his maw angled to the side, his nostrils flaring. “This is not a temporary rest stop. If you want to join this pack you do not get to come and go as you please. Trust and loyalty are very important to us. Second chances are not given often,” he added with a frown, his expression grim. “If you aren’t looking to stay long-term I suggest you find another pack to house you for a few months. We have lost too many due to wandering paws and I don’t want to waste our food on someone who has no intention of staying.” It was harsh, but it was the truth. This was not a pit stop for travelling loners. “However, if you want to prove yourself and be a part of this family, I will gladly welcome you into Hearthwood.”

Ferdie Von Pelt
Ferdie von pelt inclined his head as the alpha spoke, it was as he had thought, he was proud of himself for picking up on these nuances, he had not been out of the loop for so long that he had forgotten social cues. Hearing about a lot of mouths to feed made his chest tight with pride in giving up his breakfast for the pack; he was already helping his new home before he was truly accepted. He thought of pups, how he loved to care for pups, but the thought of his own adopted pups squeezed his heart, quickly he stamped that out and flicked his ears forward keen to hear every word the alpha spoke and drown out any and all feelings of despair that drove him this far from ‘home’.

It was now that he took great offence, and the smile faded from his lips, he had already vowed his loyalty and this wolf practically spit it back in his face. Not off on a good paw already, Ferdie von Pelt fought to keep a frown from his maw only succeeding in going from a friendly expression to a neutral one. How could he trust a wolf who didn’t trust him?

When the alpha finished his speech Ferdie Von Pelt stood keeping his head lower then the alpha’s and his tail while raised from the ground in a relaxed manner did not surpass the height of the alpha’s tail, His voice’s natural rich tone was just subtly more subdued, He’d find a way to prove to this alpha he was worthy of trust but the alpha would now need to earn his trust in return, Ferdie Von Pelt was quick to give his trust to those he respected but he was also quick to turn away from those he didn’t. I understand

Let’s go home… He requested, waiting for the alpha to lead him toward his new life. Hoping that is what the alpha meant however if there were tests he'd had to submit to in order to join he'd partake anthem if only to prove his worth.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Ferdie Von Pelt so sorry for the delay! archived <3 welcome to HR!

He watched, patiently, as the wolf before him digested the flurry of words that had fallen off his tongue, his forehead smooth and his features unreadable. While the alabaster male wanted to see the Hearthwood ranks swell once more, for prior to the birth of the river’s three litters they had reached a formidable size, he was wary of who he accepted into the pack. He was not wanting to house temporary members, who were looking for somewhere to rest until they were well enough to travel once more. Take a few meals, provide a few, and leave without a trace or an explanation. XIX had no time for those who were not willing to pledge their loyalty to the river pack. If it meant being rude, or harsh, so be it. He also did not want wolves who couldn’t be put in their place (especially since he struggled immensely with Aytigin).

I understand. A brow twitched upward, his lips curling into a soft frown. Did he understand? “I hope so,” he quipped back in response, his nose wrinkled slightly. “We are a family and as long as you pull your weight you will be accepted by the others.” The male was already off to a good start, for he had brought a meal with him—something that did not always happen with loners seeking acceptance. Whether these selfless acts would continue upon joining Hearthwood was up to Ferdie, however. Lachesis was no babysitter.

Let’s go home… The ghost nodded, his lips tight as his chartreuse gaze softened. Motioning for the male to follow him XIX picked up the rabbit between them, his mouth instead salivating at the scent. Composing himself, he trotted forward without waiting for Ferdie to catch up.

However, as they neared the clearing that housed the pack den, a commotion in the distance caught the alpha’s attention. With narrowed brows, the ghost hurriedly told Ferdie where he could find the rest of his packmates (as long as they were not out patrolling) and set off towards one of the pack’s caches, rabbit still tight between his jaws…

(This post was last modified: Sep 07, 2017, 12:40 AM by Lachesis.)