(See All?) Announcements
476 Users Online
Bing, Google, Vanadis

You're gonna go far, kid — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
For my darling @Phoenix . Takes place a lil ways away from the border.  
Note to self: either way, this thread takes place before the cat menace

These days it felt as though he was too busy to worry about Percy, that with this seasons litter he already had his paws full, chasing them around and keeping the troublesome duo out of...well trouble. But he did still think of her, wonder where she had run off to and hope-with all his heart- she was doing well. They had been so close once and honestly, it had hurt when she'd decided to leave. Without even saying a proper goodbye.

But what had he expected? She had always seemed the sort who would revel in teenage rebellion and after the incident  she could hardly be blamed for wanting to have some space. If anything, he was a bit of a hypocrite giving her trouble over this when he'd been fifty times worse when he'd been her age. All that teen angst, ugh, just thinking about it made him cringe. All those sullen silences, those hours he had spent standing on the peak and glaring down at his homeland below. If you thought he was bad now, well he was far worse back then. All leggy and miserable, with a voice that just wouldn't stop cracking.

It had been so long, months had rolled on by and she hadn't even dropped by to let them know she was okay. That's all he wanted really, and he was certain her parents felt the same way. It wasn't too much to ask and yet it really wasn't his place to miss her as much as he did.

They were nothing more than friends, and no matter how old she got he would only see her as such. He remembered when she had been so small and clumsy. Couldn't walk a few steps without falling flat on her tummy. He saw so much of Phoenix in Sphinx and yet he knew-and could see- that they were not one of the same.

Gabriel would be pissed if he knew he'd come out here to brood, to make himself all miserable for shits and giggles. But it wasn't like he had to know. The Selwyn had no intentions of hiding things from him, their relationship was built on honesty and communication, but this wasn't hurt, right?

So on he trudged, letting his thoughts ensnare his focus as he just walked and walked, not really caring where he went. Or at least that was the plan. He didn't get all that far until, by chance he glanced up and spotted a familiar dark figure not so far away. Even then he recognised her, like her image was stuck in his mind.

"Percy? PERCY!!!? He called out, breaking into a sprint to close the awful distance between them.

(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2017, 12:44 AM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by becuffin who has 129 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Nope hope, no love, no glory, no happy ending
Phoenix Avalon

She had been skulking around the edge of the lowlands for months, creeping close enough to know that the Fields were doing just fine without her, hell, they'd even replaced her with four more cubs. That knowledge alone was enough to keep her away. So instead, she just moped around, unable to travel too far away but not being able to pull herself close enough to the borders to be noticed. She was making herself sick, she should just move on already. There was nothing for her here.

It wasn't often that she ventured past the tree line but the taste of autumn was in the air and chances to bask in the sun would be few and far between. Besides, if she laid low enough nobody would spot her over the carpet of wildflowers that blanketed the tundra for these few short weeks. She had her eyes on a small rise that would suit her just fine when a familiar voice called out her name. She flinched. Fuck. For a moment, she thought to run back towards the trees, but what was the point? He'd seen her now and he'd know where to find her and if the speed he was barrelling towards her with was any indication, he wouldn't give up easily. She was starving and exhausted, all she could do was brace herself.

[Image: alice_pixels_by_marinatedmermaid_db0ijia...bx39aw.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Whether she liked it or not, Percy was going to get a big ole massive hug with plenty of kisses to boot.

Askan wasn't a lovey dovey guy-Reyes being a clear exception to that rule- but damn it, he was so fucking happy to see her he just couldn't contain himself. It was as though he'd reverted right back into a happy, joyous pup, well before his angst and temper had set in and spoiled him like rotten fruit.

He bounded closer and closer and without warning he launched himself at her with all of his weight, a bad idea considering how hefty he was. With thud they landed on the ground in a tangle of limbs and a tail that wagged so fast  wagging his butt shimmied along with it. It was a bit of a struggle, considering Askan had made a right mess of this situation, but after a bit of grunting and careful maneuvering, he managed to climb up off her and really take her in.

She looked tired, gaunt and the scar on her head hadn't faded. A permanent reminder of how he'd failed her, how he'd let her and the rest of the pack down. But none of that mattered now, she was home, where she could rest, recuperate and eat till her heart-and tummy- was content. He'd damn well make sure that she did, for now she was his only priority.

"Damn, you've grown!"He told her, just before he proceeded to lean in and give her a sniff or two, or twenty. And just for good measure-and because he was so freaking happy- he gave her scar a long, sloppy kiss. Then another because screw you!

"So good to see you again, I was worried sick. Your Mother and Father too, you know what they're like.So much has happened, got so much catching up to do...But not all of it is good."He trailed off for a moment, not happy where his train of thought was heading.

"But anyway...You okay? Didn't squish you too hard, huh? Might have gotten a bit carried away. Maybe."He offered her a lopsided grin, that was the best apology she was gonna get. Percy or not he was still the same man, just a little..softer than usual.

Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Phoenix Avalon

Ooph! Well at least Askan was well fed and for a moment she allowed herself to enjoy the embrace the shower of kissed met with a narrowing of her eyes and a barely contained smirk but then he moved away and the emptiness was back. She heaved herself up with a frown that only seemed to grow deeper as he spoke. "Deershit." She all but spat, her shoulders rolling up defensively as her head turned away. They weren't worried about her, they'd hardly have time to miss her with all those kids running around underfoot. Why would he of all people lie to her like that? "They don't miss me, and they weren't worried. How could they have had a chance to be with all those little replacements running around?"

She was struggling to keep the growl out of her voice, to keep her lips pulled down over her teeth, and his concern was making it hard to stay so angry but she needed to feel this way if she was finally going to cut the cord and set herself free. "It'd take more than you've got to hurt me." She offered in an off hand manner as she turned back towards the trees. There was a prickling behind her eyes that she didn't want him to witness. She had to get away.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan couldn't help but stare wide eyed at her outburst. His first instinct was to scold her, like he used to when she misbehaved, but it was different this time, she wasn't the same Percy he knew and adored. For one, she was older and so wouldn't appreciate his attempts to keep her on the straight and narrow. And two, he was honesty shocked at the vehemence behind her words. Like she truly didn't believe a word he had just said, like she thought he was lying to her. Like he'd ever even think of doing that.

He didn't know what to say, what was he supposed to say? She sounded so angry and bitter, but not in a way of which he was familiar. Only because he'd once known her so well, he could practically feel the hurt radiating from her like the heat of the sun.

Askan paused, his mouth opening and closing as he struggled to think of something to say. Anything that would take away her pain and let her see how things really were.

Dragging in a steadying breath, Askan looked her square in the eyes. Her eyes, such a fiery orange were shiny and wet...Like she was going to cry.

"Things aren't the same anymore, that's true. But they're not you, your brothers and sister's were never meant to replace you and they never could."

She thought he was trying to hurt her, she was wrong. Couldn't be further from the truth even if she tried. He wouldn't hurt her, not ever. Time had not changed the fact that they were friends, as he'd said before things had changed, some for the worse and others for the better. But wasn't that what life was supposed to be about? Dealing with those changes the best you could and trucking on till the very end? It all sounded so easy like that, he knew it wasn't so he could empathize where she was coming from.

"I'm not trying to hurt you Percy. Thought you knew me better that, thick as thieves we are."His smile was soft and sad, a faint flicker of his lips. He'd lost so much, he wasn't sure if he could stand loosing her too, for a second time."Whatever it is...We can work on it, it'll be okay."

Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Phoenix Avalon

They're not you. No shit, they had the protection of a whole pack while she had amused herself for hours while her parents tried to get things together. Hell, they were never alone, not from the moment they had been born and maybe that was what was getting to her most? She never had age mate siblings, or friends, and Askan had been her only friend. Now she didn't even have him anymore because his loyalty was always to the pack, and she wasn't part of it anymore. She could smell it on him, the belonging, stinking up the air in a familiar and foreign way and it made her gut twist. Coming back had been a mistake. "I'm not going back there, so you may as well just go home and forgot you saw me at all." The bite had left her words and exhaustion was left in its wake.

Even if she did go back, she'd be a stranger in her own home and she'd hardly been able to handle that before she managed to sort out her own head... kinda. Some patches were still a bit (a lot) hazy. His words might have been enough to knock the wind out of the anger she was feeling but it wasn't enough to stop the movement of her feet. She was obviously still too close to the pack and everything was screaming at her to get away, tears still on the verge of breaking free at any moment.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

This wasn't how it was supposed to be. At all.

He'd always hoped that Percy would return safe and sound, to slip back into the pack as though she'd never left in the first place. But it was becoming increasingly clear that she had no intention or even desire to do so. Why was she here then? To rub salt into his wounds, to say shit he knew that she didn't mean? Even now he had no idea what she'd gone through, but that didn't change the fact that he-with all his heart- wanted to help. Wanted her home.

"Yeah, like that's gonna happen." He grumbled, his words taking a sharper, more stubborn edge than before.

Maybe this wouldn't pan out the way he wanted, maybe she wasn't gonna come home right now but...He wasn't going to let her leave without at least brightening her outlook a little.Misery was not a good look on her.

"You don't wanna go home right now, fine. Whatever."He huffed, completely oblivious to the fact she was tearing up." Will you at least walk with me? I got shit I wanna say and you're gonna listen too, or so help me I'll call your Mother and we'll both be up shit creek."

As to how accurate that last part was, well he didn't know. He knew that Jessie still wasn't-nor would she ever be- the president of his fan club, but it was as good as an excuse as ever. Or at least it was the best he could think of at that time.

"Just...Hear me out, okay? I'm not asking for much."

Inactive No Rank
Phoenix Avalon
Phoenix Avalon

He managed to wrangle up probably the one threat that would work on her and she huffed with a wave of her head indicating that if he wanted to fall in along side she wasn't going to bite his face for it, but she wasn't going to stand around here and wait for the rest of them to catch sight of her either. Mention of her mother was like a knife to the heart, she missed @Jessie so much and looking for her had been why she was injured in the first place. She hadn't even really given herself a chance to give the silver woman a decent embrace before she left because it was all too much. Now that there were more and there wouldn't be room for her to curl up against her mothers chest and let her tears be soaked up by her silver fur.

Maybe she was tearing herself up for missing her chance, but she just couldn't see herself fitting in with what her home was now. How @Askan managed to think differently she was yet to figure out. "I'm listening." She snarked rather sullenly after a few moments had passed. She had said her piece already, with the trees looming closer with each step they took he had better speed it up and say his.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan wouldn't admit it, but he was relieved as hell when Percy motioned for him to follow. Knowing him and his stubborn streak, he would have followed her anyway, but at least it was good to know for certain that she wouldn't try to eat his nose. Or something as equally as dramatic. Reyes pulled of the scarred look like no other, he looked damn great, but the Selwyn had a sinking feeling the same rule wouldn't apply to him. So with that in mind- and he'd insisted it wasn't out of his own vanity- he had every intention staying scar free for as long as he possibly could. Maybe even indefinitely, if he was lucky.

And so they walked side by side, towards the trees where they would be hidden from any prying eyes. Being the closeted sap he was, Askan-not to subtly- brushed against her just like he used to when she was little. Things had changed, but some things were still the same. Even if she didn't see him the way she used to, Askan still saw her as close and dear friend...who'd simply just picked up a bad attitude. He should have seen it coming really, for he wasn't the best of role models, now was he?

Once he deemed that they were at decent distance, Askan dropped to his haunches and got comfortable. On the way there he'd been struggling to put his thoughts into an orderly line, to construct arguments that would at least tempt Percy to see reason. She didn't like change and that was okay, neither did he. But at the very least she should try and give the pack, her family, another chance, right? It was the least they deserved.

Even then he didn't know where to start. She'd missed so much, and honestly he couldn't say that he wasn't relieved.But...

"So...Whilst you were gone my uncle tried to murder me. Killed all my family and figured I was next." He shrugged, as his voice got all rough and feeble, still unable to meet her gaze. Even then, the wounds still felt fresh as ever but he continued figuring she deserved to know."So yeah..Reyes saved my arse, again. No big surprise there. But you know...After that things just got dark and I- it's still a work in process. The other's helped as much as they could but, you know when you say you feel like you won't fit in anymore, well I know where you're coming from."He finally gathered the nerve and looked up at her, his gaze as soft as he could manage." Believe it or not."