(See All?) Announcements
263 Users Online
Google, Aquene, Bing, Nash, Jadon, Eros

Into the White — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

She’ll come. He hoped the little crow was right. The thought of his sidekick refusing to leave her den, even for her daughter, made his heart ache and his voice catch in his throat. She would come. She had to.

The ghost resumed his position at the girl’s side, refusing to lower his hindquarters in case the raven did not come. He would seek her out if that was the case. Either with the little crow at his heels or her scruff between his jaws. If Inna would not come to them they would come to her—and it would not be a pleasant meeting.

A sigh of relief escaped him as the scent of the new mother grew stronger with her approach. He glanced down at the little Baranski and offered her a sharp wink. The little crow’s plan had worked—her mother was coming for her. She had left the den. That was all that mattered. He offered Inna a soft, sheepish grin as she broke through the trees, her tangerine gaze sweeping between Lachesis and her daughter. The ghost listened, patiently, as the raven scolded Oksana, just as he would have done to his own his daughters if he had caught them crossing the border unattended. “I’m not that busy,” he countered with an amused expression etched onto his pale features, a single brow arched. “I had been patrolling the borders and caught her just before she made it too far from the borders. She didn’t try very hard to not get caught.” He flashed the girl a knowing look before returning his focus to the older Baranski. “Don’t sweat it, Inna. I’m just glad I caught her and wanted you to know.” He offered the raven a small smile, his head tipped to the side. “That way you could decide whether to punish her or not,” he added with a dismissive shrug.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

As she waited with Lachesis for her mother to appear Oksana was confident her mother wild come. Her mother had always come in the past when the pup needed her there wasn't any reason she wouldn't come now. Especially if she thought that her child was getting herself into trouble. It was the perfect plan to get her mother out of her den and it was the only Idea that Oksana had to accomplish the task.

The smudges orange gaze followed her uncle Lach as he came to stand next to her as they both waited. The longer they waited Oksana’s confidence falter for only a moment, what if her mother didn't come and the plan didn't work? Her mother had never been this bad before.

Then as her mother's scent reached her little nostrils growing stronger with each passing moment the pup knew. Inna hadn't ignored the fact her daughter was in trouble and like always she had come. Her mother's dark figure soon came into view and what came next was completely expected by the child. She had known when she came up with the plan just how upset her mother would be. Oksana looked between her mother and her uncle Lach who had come to her rescue. Meeting her mother's gaze Oksana nodded she knew she wasn't supposed to be crossing the border, it was something her mother had told her since she could leave the den. “I know I'm not but I think I'm old enough to see what's out there,” she told her mum before looking up to her uncle Lach. “I’m sorry for taking you from your duties,” she told the pale man before looking at her paws.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Lachesis call had told her that her daughter was in trouble but she couldn't imagine for what. She believed her daughter to be a well behaved child that did what she was told. So she hurried to where the call had originated from so that she could handle the matter. When she broke through the trees and found the pair standing side by side she looked between them. One thing she noticed was Lachesis didn't seem too angry by the situation. Oksana seemed more happy to see her than worried about any punishment she might receive, Inna hadn't decided on a punishment for her daughter. She did however let Oksana know that what she had done was wrong and that she had deliberately disobeyed her mother.

Inna's gaze went to Lachesis as he spoke, “That maybe so but it shouldn't be your responsibility to ensure my daughter isn't doing what she’s not supposed to be,” responded Inna to Lachesis saying he wasn't that busy. “Thank you for stopping her from getting far,” she added with another respectful dip of her head, “And thank you for calling me so I can deal with her.”

The Raven then turned her attention back to her daughter as Oksana spoke to explain herself. Inna gave her the opportunity because wanted to know what her daughter was thinking crossing the border. “You may think you're old enough Oksana but you shouldn't be going out there alone. It's too dangerous, you should have asked someone to go with you.” Inna was pleased however when the child apologized to Lachesis. She had also not forgotten what Lachesis had said about Oksana not trying very hard to not get caught. She had thought it odd that her daughter hadn't tried very hard, her orange gaze was turned back on Lachesis, “Are you saying she was trying to get caught?” She asked before looking back at her daughter with a questioning look.

~Table by Jacqueline
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
this is Lach's exit unless either Oksana or Inna stops him <3

Again the ghost shrugged, dismissing her comment with a slow wave of his tail. “I was just doing what you’d do if you caught one of the twins sneaking over the borders.” With so many puppies running around the Kingswood they had to look out for each other. There was no preventing the children from exploring, especially now that they had started growing into their oversized paws, but it did not stop Lachesis from worrying. Things were good between the river wolves and their neighbours but that, unfortunately, did not include any loners stalking the stretch of tundra between. Loners who would not hesitate to kidnap or hurt a child wandering without supervision.

“It’s quite alright, Sana,” he responded, his voice soft as his chartreuse gaze landed on the little crow. “You know you can always ask me, or your mother, to accompany you if you’d like to go into the lowlands.” He offered her one of his infamous award winning lop-sided grins, his muzzle canted slightly to the side before he returned his attention to her mother. His ears twitched at her question and the leader, who feared that their plan would be exposed, quickly shook his head. “No, of course not,” he retorted quickly, “just needs to work on being sneakier if she wants to cross the borders without being noticed.” He offered the little crow a quick wink. “I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.”

Now that Inna was present Lachesis had done his part in the plan. Dipping his head in the raven’s direction he took a step away from Oksana, his chartreuse gaze settling on the duo. “I better go finish my patrol now that you’re here, unless you need something from me…?” He cast her a questioning glance before he set off to disappear into the trees, waiting for her response before he continued along his previous path…

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Her mother was there and as expected wasn't very happy with the fact she'd been found trying to cross the border. Oksana didn't get upset with her mother for being angry she was just glad that she'd come out of her den. The pup did realize it was keeping her out if it that would he the problem. As she looked between the two adults during their exchange she felt like something was off but she didn't know. It wasn't the same sort of exchanges she'd seen between them before. She didn't say anything until she felt that she should apologize to her uncle Lach for taking him from his duties.

She offered him a small smile when he told her it was alright and then as he spoke about asking him or her mother to with her next time she shifted her gaze to Inna. Then looking back to the pale man she nodded, “Yes sir I will be sure to ask next time.” Though she wasn't sure her mother would he available the next time she wanted to go. She also wasn't sure her mum would like it very much if she took Uncle Lach from his duties again. However, Oksana was quickly learning what her mother didn't know wouldn't hurt her. Then worry overcame the pup as her mother seemed to have caught them in their plan. She quickly looked to her uncle Lach as he spoke and again she nodded before looking to her mum to see if she accepted what he said.

She was a little disappointed when the pale man decided it was time to get back to his patrols. He didn't leave immediately though so Oksana took that opportunity to bark once at him, “You talk to her make her not go back,” she said bounding toward him because she was worried that Inna would only just return to her den after Lachesis had gone.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The pale leader pointed out that he was only doing what she would have had she caught one of his children doing the same. Which was true she would have, it was everyone's duty in the pack to ensure the pups remained safe. “Yes, of course we all have to keep them safe.” Ultimately she was glad that Lachesis had been there to stop Oksana from doing something that could get her in trouble or hurt. Something he said though made her wonder if her daughter had an ulterior motive in all of this. Lachesis was quick to make sure she understands what he'd meant. The Raven looked at her daughter after he spoke, “Don't you go getting any ideas either young lady,” she stated in regards to what Lachesis had said about being sneakier. “You were and I thank you for keeping her safe.” Another stern look was given to Oksana.

Then Lachesis wanted to take his leave but asked if there was anything else and Inna shook her head. “I don't want to keep you from your duties any longer than we already have,” she said but then her daughter decided she needed to add her opinion about it. “Oksana,” she hissed, “We’ve talked about this,” she added quietly to her daughter.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Oct 12, 2017, 08:56 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The little crow was quick to speak up when Lachesis attempted to dismiss himself, leaving the mother to discipline her daughter. His ears twitched as he turned to look at the yellow-eyed girl, his features softening. A sigh rolled off his tongue, causing his shoulders to sag and his brows to pinch together. “No, Sana, you have to tell her. I can’t do it for you. It’s not the same coming from me.” He stepped toward her, pressing his nose to her forehead as a sign of affection. “Just tell her how you feel,” he whispered into her ear, just low enough so only she could hear it. He could relay what Oksana had told him back to the raven but did not have the same effect. She needed to express her feelings (and worries) to her mother in order for Inna to understand how she was feeling.

As he took a step away from her Lachesis offered the little crow an encouraging smile, his tail swaying behind me. “I can stay while you tell her if you’d like?” He offered, his head falling to the side as his chartreuse gaze flitted between the two. XIX could offer her silent encouragement, but he did not want to take the lead. That was Oksana’s job.  

(This post was last modified: Oct 14, 2017, 03:50 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Now that her mother was out of the den Oksana wanted to keep her out but she was almost certain that once Lachesis disappeared that would be it. Inna would return to the den and she wouldn't come out again. The little pup was at a loss for what else to do do before her uncle could disappear into the forest she spoke up hoping he might have something to say to her mother that could help. He was older and had more experience so he might have the words that would bring her mother out for good. She was only disappointed as he told her that it was something she had to do. Her dark sides have a sigh and she looked at her paws as she heaved a sigh. Her mother had just scolded her for what she had done but Oksana was almost beyond caring what her mother thought. Her eyes went to meet his after he whispered in her ear.

Tell her how she feels. Oksana was worried her mother would be upset with her if she spoke her mind in front of the pale man. Her gaze went back to her mother as she sat there, not the proud woman she had been before and for the first time the pup actually saw the state her mother was in. At the sound of her uncle Lach’s words she nodded, “I would like if you could. She needs to know.”

Her gaze then went back to Inna as she inched closer to her mother's crouching form. “I'm sorry mum that your so sad. I don't want you to be sad anymore and I don't want you to stay inside all that time. It's not good for you and most of all I want to help you but I don't know how.” The pup brushed her muzzle against her mother's, “Please get better, I miss you and I'm sure Uncle Lach misses you too and Lorc.” Oksana turned to Lachesis with a pleading expression on her face, she was worried that her words wouldn't convince her mother to start coming out of her den everyday.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

For the most part her daughter was well behaved but Inna was well aware that the pup often had trouble keeping her mouth shut when it was important to do so. That was the case when Lachesis spoke of leaving, Oksana should have just let him go. She didn't want to bother the pale leader with what she was going through after what had happened the night she'd returned, he'd made his position over her clear and she meant to honor his wishes. Her daughter however could not let it go and Inna was furious with her. She disciplined Oksana hoping that would be the end of it but it wasn't, Oksana wanted the pale healer to speak to her. She looked to the the alpha to see what he had to say to her daughter.

The Raven listened and watched the exchange between the two, she saw the disappointment in her daughter. Inna didn't like seeing Oksana so upset and it was Lachesis that was consoling her leaving Inna feeling even more like she wasn't being the best mother she could be. She didn't hold that against the pale healer though because it was her fault for not being there for Oksana. The Raven strained her ears to try and hear what the leader had said to her daughter but she could not and then he offered to stay while her daughter spoke to her. Inna looked at Oksana with a question in her expression.

She knew she couldn't go anywhere when her daughter told Lachesis she would like for him to stay. She wanted to return to her den to hide from everything including what she'd just been reminded of. Another glance was given to Lachesis as her daughter began to speak before her gaze returned to her daughter. A whine left her throat at her daughter's words. Her eyes closed at the touch of the tiny black muzzle. “I'm sorry I haven't been there for you Sana and I hope you can forgive me one day,” she said quietly against her daughter's cheek. “A lot had happened and I don't know what to do to make it better and I don't know how you can help. I wish I did know because I know you need me.” An uncertain gaze fell in the pale leader because she didn't know what to say to make it better. What could be said that would? Inna pressed a kiss to her daughter's forehead hoping to comfort her, “I'm sorry Sana,” she whispered to the pup.

~Table by Jacqueline