(See All?) Announcements
567 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel

Hiatus — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

She'd stopped at the border and looked back at her home before she'd left. Oksana knew where she was or at least had some ides, a vague one. Her daughter also knew she would be returning in just a couple of days but Inna needed to get out of Hearthwood. It was a chance to clear her head and try to make sense of all that had happened over the past months. It was the right thing to do for herself, her daughter, and her pack. Inna doubted she would be missed since they would all probably still believe her to be in her den. She was in a way glad for that because then none of them would come looking for her and try to convince her to come back before she was ready.

After visiting with her mother and father for a short time Inna headed out across the tundra. She had no specific destination in mind she just needed the freedom the open tundra provided. After walking for most of the day she finally stopped when the sun had sunk a little lower in the sky and took a deep breath. She didn't feel so constricted like she did back home, like how she felt before her mother's death. Inna wasn't concerned about finding shelter for the night, spending it under the stars was something that would be a welcome change. She was however concerned about finding something to eat so she set about searching down a rabbit or something of the same size.

~Table by Jacqueline
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Just watch your step, pretty lady
Odin Archer

The boy was happy for the freedom the Monadnock provided. Having been raised with very little in the way of rules, he had found the rigidity of Torbine a little suffocating. It wasn't just a case of make yourself useful, it was endless training to better yourself, the intricacies of politics and who was related to who in the zoo... It was exhausting. So when the opportunity came to follow a musk ox herd to the east, he had leapt at the opportunity. They were more worrisom prey than the caribou, and unless one among them was particularly young, or injured, this whole journey could very well be a waste of time. But he wouldn't let that stop him.

He was maintaining his distance, but they knew he was there. He saw it in the way the cows circled around, forcing the younger animals to the middle, the way the fearsome bull blew through his nostrils, dragon's breath already forming in the early autumn air, and he would smirk, and hold his ground, I see you too, and then they would commence their journey, ever eastward and away from the Monadnock.

He was about to call it a day when he spotted the dark stranger, wondering for just a moment if his mother had decided to return, but she lacked the warm hues of his mother and so he shrugged it off, wondering if she too, would spot him, and if he might remind her of somebody she knew.

[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It had been so long since the Raven had actually hunted whether it was for herself or the pack, she felt out of practice. Inna worried she might not be able to catch anything for her dinner but that didn't stop her. This trip she felt was about finding herself again and going about a hunt she wasn't sure would be successful was part of that. She needed to find her determination again and moping around her den just wasn't doing it. All that did was continue to remind her all that she had lost. She needed to be reminded of what she had left and move on with her life because of that.

The Raven picked her way through the grasses of the Tundra as she looked for a scent that would lead her to her dinner. She didn't get very far before the scent of Whitestone reached her nostrils. Inna didn't really want to talk to anyone but she knew that she couldn't be rude either especially after what had happened at the Rye borders. As she made her approach she told herself that she could do this, she could be friendly and inquire about the pack and how they were doing.

“Hello there,” she greeted as she approached her tail swaying slowly behind her. “Your from Whitestone right? I'm Inna Baranski from Hearthwood.” She felt rather awkward and did her best not to stumble over her words. It had been a long time since she had carried on a conversation. “I hope all is well in Whitstone,” she added as she mentally shook her head at herself and how utterly out of her element she felt. Inna didn't even know if she should be talking to the wolf she'd run into considering how angry Lachesis had been over her behavior.

~Table by Jacqueline

Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Odin Archer

He hadn't planned on stopping to exchange words but the wind hadn't been on his side either, so for all he knew she was just some random loner. It wasn't until she closed the distance between them and introduced herself that the boy's posture fell to something a lot more informal, his tail waving and his jaws parting in a smile, pink tongue falling from his lips easily. "Odin Archer." He responded in kind, a lot less formal than his companion but at the end of the day, he was his mother's son.

When she asked after Whitestone, Odin wasn't sure how to respond. They were far thinner on the ground than he had ever been used to but he supposed they were all in good health and fighting fit, "Well enough I suppose, s'not th' same Whitestone I was born inter but it isn't goin' anywhere..."

His brows were pinching as deja vu washed over him time and time again. This wasn't the girl he had played fish-tag with in the fjord so why couldn't he shake the familiarity of it all? Was it something in her scent? But he hadn't had anything to do with Hearthwood at all before they departed for Torbine had he? "Have we met?" he suddenly blurted, his one-eyed confused expression a sight to behold on one usually too full of himself to ever admit he might be wrong.

(This post was last modified: Oct 09, 2017, 02:25 AM by Odin.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

It wasn't planned to meet anyone on her excursion away from Hearthwood, this was her time to figure things out. There was so much and everything at home seemed so different. The scent coming from the dark figure was something she couldn't ignore. Lachesis would he angry with her again if she was rude to a member of Whitestone so she made her approach. It was awkward for her starting a conversation, introducing herself all of it after being alone in her den. The Whitestone wolf didn't seem to notice her awkwardness and became more relaxed introducing himself. “It's nice to meet you Odin,” she remarked offering a small smile.

Her inquiry into how Whitestone was fairing was met with some positive news that she was sure Lorcan would be pleased to hear. “I can understand the pack changing, a lot has changed for us too but I'm glad to hear Whitestone is doing well.” More had changed for Inna in Hearthwood then she would like to admit and there were times she just wished it would all stop and things could be the same for awhile but she understood life didn't work like that.

He then surprised her with a question about them having meet before, she shook her head. “No, I don't believe so. Perhaps you remember my scent from when I stayed within your borders a few months ago?” She suggested before another thought came to mind, “Maybe you smell Lorcan on me, he's in Hearthwood now?” She didn't know if Odin knew Lorcan but she guessed he had to have if he had been born into Whitestone and was now at least a year old.

~Table by Jacqueline
(This post was last modified: Oct 09, 2017, 08:24 PM by Inna.)

Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Odin Archer

"Hmm," the sound a low humm in the back of his throat. So much had happened and so quickly that it wasn't until she mentioned it that he even remembered she had sheltered with them during a particularly nasty storm, but as she continued and mentioned Lorcan his tail gave an involuntary wave, "Ah so that's where he got'ta? He taught me a bit about plants when I was younger, I learned some more from m'mother's pack an' I was lookin' forward ter goin' over it with 'im but he was gone by the time I got back." His smile was an easy one despite the uneasy feeling in his gut, if only because Lorcan had wanted to stay, and then he hadn't... but he must have had his reason, even if those reasons did leave Piety short of words and looking so sad.

But he supposed she had enquired after his pack so he should do the same, just in case there was news that needed to be conveyed to Wraith and the dove like leader. "How're things in Hearthwood anyway? Anything I should pass on for'ya?" It was a bit of a hike between the two packs and if a chance meeting like this one would spare a scout the miles he saw no harm in passing the news on for them.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

The Raven knew she hadn't met the young man before but she had stayed in Whitestone the night she'd arrived to tell Lorcan the news he was to be a father. She remembered the day well, how could she not. It was when their whole plan had been born to keep his part as Oksana's father to themselves. Perhaps he'd caught her scent in the area before it faded but it was more likely he could smell Lorcan on her. He'd been doing what he could for her while she remained hidden in her den, she was sure his scent was all over her. “Yes, he and I had become friends when I was about your age and then he became friends with Lachesis so I guess he felt it was the place for him after he left Whitestone. The knowledge of plants is a good thing to have and Lorcan is a good teacher. I'm sure if you came by he wouldn't mind going over it with you.” Inna felt the healer would love to see one of his old packmates. Lorcan had his other reasons for coming the join the river wolves but it was not her place to tell what they were. That was a conversation better had between Odin and Lorcan.

The question that slipped from the younger man's mouth was one Inna wasn't ready for and one she didn't exactly know how to answer because she didn't know. The last time she'd seen Lachesis he seemed to be in better spirits so she had to take that as things were okay for the moment. She also didn't know if Odin knew about the passing of her mother but she felt it was news that would have been passed along quickly. Lachesis wasn't the type to keep such important information from those that needed to know. “Things are getting better in Hearthwood and everyone,” including herself, “ Seems to be recovering.” The loss of their Matriarch had hit them all but with the passing of time things seemed to be improving.

~Table by Jacqueline

Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Where have all the good guys gone?
Odin Archer

Odin eyed the distant treeline with open trepidation. The last time he had ventured under their canopies he had been bombarded by birds and he always found their imposing presence unnerving. They could be hiding anything. Sure, he'd travel through them if he had to... didn't mean he enjoyed it though. "Yeah? Maybe." He answered the invitation in a non-committal manner, half smile still plastered to his face as he checked the sun's position noting it would be after sunfall by the time he made it back to the monadnock.

He was unaware of the tragedy that had befallen Hearthwood, even though the leaders had probably mentioned it chances were high he hadn't been listening (as teenage boys were known to do). However, he tucked her response away trusting that @Wraith and @Piety would know what she was referring to. "Tha's good t' hear, I'll make sure t' pass it on for yer." He didn't think he had any other news to pass on himself, so he thought to double check, pointedly looking across the tundra as he did so. "Shit, I didn' even notice th' time, I'm gonna be late. Any other news ter pass on?"

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Being the Odin was from Whitestone and an old packmate of Lorcan's Inna didn't feel badly for offering the opportunity for the tawny healer to offer some help to the young man. Whitestone were friends to Hearthwood and she knew that Lachesis would approve of the offer. It was something that could strengthen the relations between the two packs. Though the boy's non-committal answer left her wondering a bit. “I will let Lorcan know I have seen you when I return to the river and maybe he will make a visit.” Or she could suggest it, perhaps the boy didn't want to travel so far from home for a lesson. That was something she could understand under different circumstances she wouldn't want to travel so far from home either and she knew just how long the journey was.

He assured her he would pass on her message which brought a smile to her face. “Thank you Odin and I will be sure to pass yours on as well. I'm sure Lachesis will be glad to hear your news.” When he spoke of how late it was getting Inna's gaze went to the sky, she too had not realized how late it was getting. “No, I don't have anything else to report. You should get going I wouldn't want you to get in trouble on my account. It was nice meeting you Odin and perhaps we will meet again.” She didn't know what awaited her when she returned to Hearthwood but she didn't expect it to be very good. Still maybe one day they would meet again if Lachesis ever let her scout again.

~Table by Jacqueline