(See All?) Announcements
530 Users Online
Google, Bing

Ghosts don't believe in you either — Hidden Tree 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
Garmir found it almost pathetic that big Wolf such as her would still be afraid of children's stories. He smiled more broadly for a brief moment. "Aren't you little old to believe in such tales?" he snickered while nearing dangerously close to her.

He halted mere inches from her, his muzzle almost touching side of her face, close enough for her to feel his exhaling. He managed to regain more neutral expression while still staring at her eyes. Despite how tense this proximity was, Garmir appeared surprisingly relaxed. Again, he repeated what he had said before, whispering those words to her. "Fear is the enemy."

She was larger and heavier than him, impressive for a female that young really and the earthen male found it humorous how she was the one concerned here. Obviously she required guidence and while he was not obliged to do anything for her, Garmir very least wanted to give her some of that much required confidence If she wanted to remain alpha for long. "Let us pretend for a while I am one of them... Snatchers. That I took all your friends and am here to pick you as well. What would you do, If I tried? Would you just let it happen or would you fight against it with all you have?" - he murmured, his tune turning darker further he uttered those words. He even begin to pull back his lips, flashing her his canines. No, he was not looking to fight her, but he wanted to see some teeth, hear her growl.
(This post was last modified: Nov 06, 2017, 03:49 PM by Garmir.)
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
'Cause nobody can save me
Treyah Tainn

Treyah bristled when he teased her, fearful frown threatening to turn into a display of teeth as he continued to draw closer. She could feel his warm breath against her cheek, yet another sign that this was, indeed, a wolf and not a spectre. The small gesture was enough to steady racing heart, if only a little, allowing her wits to slowly return.

There was a hardening edge to her resolve as he posed his question, unsure if he was actually the wolf that had spirited Lacey, Ruiko, Naira and Zerxes away, but she had no hesitation when it came to letting him know just what she'd do if he was. She locked eyes with the wolf again a narrowing of her eyes the only hint of consideration against her deadpan response. "I'd kill you." There was no hesitation, no hint of if I could. She had managed to put her mother on her back, a position she hadn't been in for years. If she could bring down a wolf her own size, she didn't doubt she could do the same to someone smaller. And when it came to her family? Well, there was no question in her heart that she'd put her own life on the line for the sake of theirs.

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

It was interesting to watch her gather her resolve and read her reactions as Garmir pushed her a little. He wasn't trying to be mean, but he did enjoy this tension and little game he had setup. He never took his gaze away from her, not even when she narrowed her eyes and promised to kill him if he tried to take her. As soon as she did, Garmir ceased playing and stepped aside in order to give her some space. "That is the right answer." -he murmured approvingly.

He had tried her nerves enough and hopefully shed any doupt from her mind that he might be a ghost. Now they could have more honest, open conversation if she was still willing. Some wolves had unfortunate habit of taking it very personally when Garmir chose to push them and he wanted to see if Treyah was different. The earthen male settled few paces away from her and bowed, with his right fore leg extending forward while his nose almost touched the ground. He kept his eyes on her all the way until the very end where he dropped his gaze and closed his eyes for a brief moment. Ears went down against the skull and he made odd clicking sound with his mouth. Clearly this was some kind of royal greething. "Now you sound more like a leader." -he said, that bushy tail behind him waving the slightest as he greeted his fellow wolf. "My name is Garmir"

He remained like this for few second before straightening himself up and finally standing normally, never betraying his relaxed, easy character he had adopted from the very beginning. There was no need to be tense..

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
all of my flaws are laid out one by one
Treyah Tainn

What other answer was there to give? She was not so meek as to hand her own life over so willingly, but the ghost of a smile did pull at her lips at his praise. As the stranger stepped away her eyes tracked him, not daring to drop her guard until he bowed. The wave of his tail was matched with one of her own, her breath leaving her body in a whoosh when she realised she had been holding it at all. She almost giggled recalling the events of just moments before. An amusing encounter she was sure, for both of them.

"Garmir, a pleasure to meet you, obviously you already know my name." There was a hint of sheepishness to her tone, unable to wipe the smile from her face now it had found it's way back. "Do you plan on staying in the area long? My pack is just to the south of here." Not close enough for his presence to be mistaken as dangerous yet, although, perhaps their meeting on this night was fated after all? "I don't suppose you're looking for somewhere to spend the winter?"

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Joining would be tempting, but righty now Garmir has in progress joining thread in here ^^

All things considered, it seemed Garmir's play had managed to not only bring some smile into her, but also break the ice between them. This was good. Seeing her smile was pretty much infectious and he could not straighten his face even if he wanted to. Just looking at her instantly brought smirk back on his own lips. He had not smiled for a while, and it felt good to do so. She was surprisingly forthcoming now that all this tension was away, already going as far as to offer him place to stay over winter. How curious. Garmir felt safe enough near her to sit down and as he did, he gave her answer.

"I will only stay till morning and then continue my journey, but perhaps you could help me. It would not cost you anything." -He begin, not right away declining her offer, although not accepting it either. Garmir had still more important matters in his mind than planning where to winter. "Likewise... I am looking for a friend of mine who disappeared. I know she wasn't taken away though, but she ran by her own choice. Anaeia is her name. About my age.. little shorter. Brown, earthly colored pelt like mine - in fact you could easily mistake her for my sister. Twin colored eyes. Scar above her right eye. Any chance you have seen or heard of her?" -He described his lost friend, his tone almost hopeful.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
No worries! I knew but Treyah didn't and it'd be OOC for her not to offer ;)
Treyah Tainn

When her companion sat her own joined his rump against the chilly fog-laden ground. She was disappointed that he wouldn't be hanging around, but she understood the desire to keep moving, (Tainn and her mother's blood left her with a double dose, both families prone to up and wandering off at the most inopportune moments).

Treyah listened intently as he mentioned the wolf he was searching for. She committed the name to memory, along with the description, "I'm sorry, I haven't seen her, but I'll keep a look out for her while I'm looking for Lacey. She's one of this year's pups, about half a year old, dark muzle, tawny fur. She's only been missing a few days so hopefully she'll turn up soon..." She managed another warm smile. "Hopefully they both turn up soon!" her tail thumped against the ground to punctuate her belief in her own optimism. "And if you change your mind and want to stick around, well, you'll know where to find me." Yeah she was disappointed, but she understood. Really.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Phone post silly post.

- - - -

No-one had seen Anaeia. It was almost as If she was ghost only Garmir could follow - which wasn't that far away from truth. Treyah's answer was no surprise to him and thus he was little less disappointed.

Until now Garmir had not really thought about approaching winter but if something foretold changing season, it was this particularly cold and misty night. It was good to know he had options, if he happen to still be in the area when finding place to stay became more relavant. Though, any closeby pack could do. "I thank you for the offer.. and I shall be on the lookout for both as I travel" -He replied.

Garmir was still new to this land so her instructions did not help him that much. South of here was very vague description and thus he probed little further. "South of where? I don't Even know where I am right now. Happen to stumble upon this den by accident. Any landmarks I should look for, rivers or lakes nearby to help me navigate?"

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

Ah, he didn't know whose den he had been sleeping in of course. "Oh this is Hidden Tree, the first Tainn's used to live here before the fire. If you follow the burned forest south, you'll come across the blackened down and just a bit further, where the forest is greener and the fireweed starts to thin out is the Draw. The borders are pretty obvious. If you come from the south you'd have to cross the swift river, to the north is the creek that runs off the bramble falls and west is the heartleaf creek, but we're already between those two right here." She offered with a smile, taking note of the moons position as it peaked out from behind another cloud. "Speaking of, I'd best be getting back before my younger siblings wake up and come looking for me." She was reluctant to leave her new companion, but with any luck, they'd bump into each other again. "So umm, I guess, I'll see you around! And I'll keep an eye out for your friend too." She rose to leave, only pausing to see if he had any more to say before she did so.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: OMG, Fixed the tablet. Such noobimus maximus error had messed it! ( >_<)!!!

Garmir looked behind him at the den as she revealed it was ancestral home of her's. This explained well why she was earlier seeking advice from here. The earthen male would be respectful towards the memory of old Tainn's if she let him sleep here for the night. She might believe in ghosts, but Garmir did not and it was fine shelter even if left abandoned for so long. As she described borders of her pack, he again turned his attention on her and listened intently, trying to place her words into his long term memory, nodding between her words every now and then. It was good to know she trusted him enough to give actual location of her home to him.

She seemed to be in a hurry to get back and he did not object. He should have been sleeping by now had he not been interrupted, but this had been pleasant enough surprise for Garmir to forgive her. "Sounds good. And if you see them snatchers... you know what to do." -he added jokingly, a brief smirk coming to his face before he himself stood up onto his feet. "We will see again, Im sure of it. Perhaps I come for a visit before I head back to my old pack should I find Anaeia. Please don't be alarmed if you walk into me within your borders some day. I don't typically knock." -he warned while wagging his tail to assure he meant no harm. He knew most wolves did not approve loner walking straight into or through their lands, but Garmir had done it purposefully since beginning of his journey.

He also turned around to head back towards the den as she did not seem to forbid him from using it. He had one last thing to say, repeating again what he had told her before. "One last thing, Treyah. Remember always, fear is the enemy."

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
'Cause nobody can save me
Treyah Tainn

@Garmir's smirk was met with a bright smile. She had every intention of following through if she had to, though she wasn't sure what good she, a mere yearling would be against a yeth hound. There was a hint of concern as he spoke of not knocking, remembering the reception Zerxes had received when she tried to bring him across the borders (with her mother's permission no less) but she limited herself to a chuckle, "I'll have to keep an eye out then." To his last piece of advice, she managed a nod. She would keep it in mind for sure.

Finally it was time for her to leave, back over the downs and into the Draw to find herself a place to sleep somewhere among the sprawled bodies of her siblings.

Thread fade