(See All?) Announcements
277 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vasco, Aquene, Jadon

A new arrival — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Damon who has 7 posts.
Inactive
Eustace
The southerly winds blew in throwing Eustace's scent ahead of him. It took an effort to avoid changing direction as he loped forward. He was in not hunting, and knew that it was not a good idea to intrude on a pack's territory, even if by accident. As he move farther north the trees began to thin revealing a large plains area dominated by brown stalked plants striped bare by Autumn's cool touch. Eustace stopped at the edge of the plain just before the trees gave way. He move to the base of a tree and lay around it, trying to blend in and appear as either a bush or part of the tree. He knew this type of land, there would be prey here, nothing so large as to tempt a full pack, but enough for a Lone Wolf, or just a snack. Besides it's been days since Eustace scented a...

Suddenly the winds shifted coming in from the north-northeast. The fickle messengers bringing with them the smell of Wolf, many wolves. It was old, more than a day, but less than a week. Eustace went stiff and the scent. It changed everything, was this some pack's land? Could he hunt here? He was hungry... but not so much as to commit suicide. He steeled himself, stood, trotted well into the open, inhaled deeply. And loosed a long low howl that would only announce his presence, but lacked any form of aggression or malice. This was a gamble, but the lesser of two evils. If he handled this right any pack here may at least allow him to pass through. With the call sent out all he could do is wait, after all he just effectively ruined any chance of him having a hunt here. He turned back to the trees and resumed his hidden position to wait and see what would happen.
(This post was last modified: Nov 04, 2017, 06:17 PM by Eustace. Edit Reason: Proof reading is a thing apparently... )
Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
'Cause nobody can save me
Treyah Tainn

The Rise was one of those longer trips, but Treyah was determined to find Lacey as soon as possible (if only to ease some of Kerberos's concerns). She could probably swing by the Ridge on her way home and see if they had seen sign of her, their relationship had been lacking since, well, since Sven stopped coming to see Leotie she supposed.

She hadn't seen the stranger so when a howl was loosed she froze in her tracks, head canting towards the treeline at the south of the rise with a huff. Steadily she approached, it was almost like a loner howling at the borders? But... this wasn't claimed land? Her eyes squinted as she peered through the trees, "Umm, you can come out, nobody claims these lands, and I promise I won't bite..." unless you give me a reason to... Her tail waved at her back to show she meant no harm.

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive
Eustace
Once more the winds shifted, this time bringing the fresh scent of a wolf. Tsk, thanks wind. That would've been helpful if I hadn't seen it first. Eustace thought readying himself. "Umm, you can come out, nobody claims these lands, and I promise I won't bite..." Well, isn't that interesting. Eustace thought, rising from the base of the tree. He moved forward toward the recipient of his call. "Thank you for the info. Although I wish I knew that before I shattered any shot I had at a hunt today." Eustace said with a shrug as he walked slowly forward matching the she-wolf wag-for-wag with his tail. After all, it wouldn't do anyone any favors to start a fight. "Also, thanks for promising not to bite... though that does leave you open to clawing me. Still I'll take what I can get. My name is Eustace, nice to meet you..." He continued, leaving the end of his statement hanging open for her to offer her name.

He sat down a fair distance from her (3 leaps away), before actually taking a look at her. She was tawny sort of like him,  thought she was much larger. He knew instantly that getting into a fight with this one would end very very badly. Still, she seemed nice enough, and didn't seem to smell of blood, so no recent kill, or fight. The thought of which brought Eustace's mind to his left hind-leg, which was actually bleeding from when he crawled into a cave for shelter one night. A bolt of worry shot through him as the wind changed throwing his scent straight to his new company, carrying the smell of his blood. Treacherous fool! He thought vehemently at the wind.
(This post was last modified: Nov 05, 2017, 03:50 AM by Eustace.)
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

A low hum was offered in response to the loners despair, she remembered the ever gnawing hunger well. But the sound quickly grew to an outright chuckle as he suggested she might claw him, "With these dull ol' things?" she shook a paw good naturedly in his direction. "I reckon I'd do more damage if I gave you a good shove." At a guess she'd have to say she had half his weight again and almost an extra foot of height. Perhaps shoving people just ran in the family, if he knew of her lineage he might be grateful that the nearest point with any height was the mountain for off to the east.

She watched as he sat, her easy smile never leaving her face, "I'm Treyah, I lead a pack north of here in the wildwood." It was probably a bit of a shock, she was still a yearling after all, "Well, for now anyway. My mother founded it but she's missing and Maera isn't doing so well, so I'm filling in." Her explanaition was cut short as the wind blew the scent of blood in her direction and she gave the loner a more discerning look, concern clearly painted on her features. "Are you injured? My co-lead is a healer. Its a bit of a walk but I'm sure he'd be happy to check you out..."

Inactive
Eustace
Eustace laughed as she mentioned doing more damage with a shove, a fact he didn't doubt based on her size. She was certainly being very good natured toward him. However, it took a real effort to keep his jaw in place when she said that she lead a pack. Her, a yearling, leading a pack? The effort required to keep his cool lessened as she explained. She wasn't Leading yet, she was place-holding, and certainly being groomed to lead. Suddenly it wasn't keeping his jaw up that took effort it was keeping his body still. "Heh, a rock and I had an argument as to whether or not I could fit into an shelter. I say it ended in a draw." Eustace said forcing his tone to be light, with minimal success, and unconsciously shifting his position to keep the left leg farther from her. "Although I appreciate the offer, we don't know one another, and  doubt your pack would be to thrilled with you bringing an injured stranger in. Alpha, or not." He liked her well enough, but there was no way he was putting himself into the paws of a wolf he's never meet.

He stood up once more, turning a bit farther to the left. "However, now that I think about it. Would you mind telling me how to make sure I don't step on any pack toes?" If there was a way to last in this area without a pack hounding him. It may be worth setting camp around here for a bit.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

Her smile faltered for a moment at his refusal of assistance. It was in her nature to want to help people, perhaps not to the extent that her sister, Sahalie did, (she certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over someone refusing her assistance) but she wouldn't deny that the refusal did sting a little. She managed to fix her smile back in place after a heartbeat or two, her tail resuming its friendly wave as he asked about the local packs. "Oh, of course," she indicated towards the serpents spine, "My niece leads a pack over there, Aurora Heights," she neglected to mention that her niece was a year her senior, "north of them is Fallen Tree Cove, and down in the trees at the base of the mountains there? that's Willow Ridge, sometimes they come down this way to hunt."

Next she gestured directly north, "My pack is that way, about a day's travel north, Charred Ash Draw," and as of yet she was unaware of the disbanding of Grizzly Hollow so she gestured to the north west as well, "And Grizzly Hollow are in the Cedarwood. North of them are Secret Woodlands, that's all in the immediate vicinity anyway... We're on friendly terms with everyone, as long as you don't cross borders you're unlikely to be attacked." She offered what she hoped was a reassuring smile. Of course, there were days of travel between the packs, she assumed as much would be evident, since obviously, there was no great abundance of prey to be seen.

"Of course there are more packs on the other side of the mountain, my oldest sister leads Oak Tree Bend in the spectral woods, I was born there, and between the bend and the heights my other older sister is leading Quaking Vale," Or had been the last she heard. Laying it all out like this she realised she was overdue for a trip across the mountain, before the snows made them impassible.

Inactive
Eustace
Eustace tilted his head in confusion when Treyah's smile faltered when he held back from taking her help. How can she be disappointed? Really, is it common practice to accept help from whoever offers it? He thought as she began a fairly lengthy explanation of the nearby packs. Many of who's leader's seemed to be directly related to her. He actually chuckled at the thought. "I'll admit one thing, that sure is some lineage you've got there." He said flicking his tail in amusement. He moved forward, instinctively avoiding moving straight at her. He began making his way across the Rise. After a few steps he paused turning back to see if she was going to either leave or decide to walk with him. "It is my understanding that you were going somewhere before I called. So... Mind some company on the trip?" He asked pricking his ears in her direction. He hoped that if they, or at least he moved on a bit, they could salvage a hunt today. Between the two of them he should be able to find enough to repay her. After all even if the only help he took was info, he still took help. There was a debt there he wouldn't let stand.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
Treyah Tainn

Treyah answered his chuckle with one of her own, "Yeah well, my parents have been in the area for a long time." Really, he couldn't have stumbled across a better well of information unless he had encountered @Triell himself. Her father's family had never not lived here and she had always just assumed it was a given that other areas were populated with related packs. She knew nothing of wars and the closest she had ever come to suffering any sort of adversity was the few short weeks she had spent as a loner when they struck out to cross the mountain. She had heard tales of other family further to the north as well but refrained from mentioning them to spare overwhelming her companion since there was little doubt they probably had neighbours too, she'd just never ventured quite so far herself to confirm it.

When he asked if she would mind company she was reminded of the purpose of her journey in the first place. "Oh yeah, I'm looking for a pup, tawny thing with a dark snout, she's about six months old. I doubt she's come this far but it doesn't stop us all worrying. Her name's Lacey." Even though the chances he had seen her rested somewhere between Buckleys and none she couldn't keep the hopeful tone from her voice as she moved to walk alongside the loner, careful not to crowd his space as her eyes scanned the rise that stretched between the both of them and her home.

Inactive
Eustace
Eustace went still at the mention of a pup, missing. There's a pup missing and you waste time on me? He thought. This was not something he'd let slide, friends, enemies, none of that mattered when it came to pups. They were always innocent, they were to be protected. "You're the first wolf I've seen in days. Can you describe her scent? I'm more than willing to help a lost pup." He said keeping his voice steady, his ears pricked up and swiveling. Every line in his body spoke to how serious this was to him.

He had no idea where the pup could be, but he knew the best chance to catch any scent was higher ground. Eustace immediately began scanning the area for higher ground to be able to catch what ever scent he would be looking for.