604 Users Online
Bing, Google, Nori, Vanadis, Finley, Adora

The Tears of Emrys Myrddin — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
wrap this up in the next few posts with a fade? <3

Father’s will always worry, he mused aloud, a small smile accenting his words. Lachesis was the king of worrying and he understood Emrys’ grief. It’s our job to. But you can’t tear yourself up about it. She couldn’t have gone too far. He hoped. His own children—his first litter—had gone missing and had not been found. He knew Kyrios was still about—Bennet had told him that—but he did not know where. Or if the Aegina would ever return to the Kingswood, even just for a visit. But there were plenty of wolves in the north, and nearby, that would return the missing daughter to her home. Especially a cub so young. She had just lost her way, nothing more nothing less.

The pale man’s words earned a hearty laugh from the ghost, his eyes crinkling in amusement. I’m sure Jynx won’t kill you, he retorted quickly as he gave a reassuring bump to the male’s shoulder. She’s just worried, like you, he added before motioning for the healer to follow him south, to the lake hidden behind a sea of towering evergreens. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
So sorry this took so long. It somehow slipped past me.

The Notch leader nodded in agreement to Lachesis statement, “We signed up for it when we decided to become father's.” He worried constantly about his children and Jynx especially now that she was so stressed and worth Arwyn missing. He nodded when the River leader told him he couldn't tear himself up about it. “I hope your right and she's just hiding somewhere we haven't thought to look yet.” He would have to have the pack scour the territory and surrounding areas again when he returned to White Fir Notch. If they were going to find her they needed to do it soon, winter was fast approaching and he couldn't think about his daughter out in the wilds all by herself.

As for Jynx he was sure Lachesis was right in that she wouldn't kill him but Emrys was sure she probably wasn't very happy with him. “I am worried about her. I probably shouldn't have left but there wasn't time to waste." He nodded once again, “I think we are both afraid to lose another child,” he admitted. Emrys joined his friend to the path that would lead them to the lake. The notch wolf planning to check there before heading home and checking on the pack.

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Unfortunately the pale Myrddin was right. Becoming a father meant worrying constantly, even when it was not warranted. But it certainly was worth it. To watch his children grow and develop such unique, different personalities. The worrying he could manage—he’d dealt with it for most of his life, even prior to becoming a father. It was worth it.

She’s probably lost and confused, bunkering down as she tries to figure out how to get home. His voice was soft as he attempted to reassure the pale healer, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. She might even be half way home by now, he added with a soft bump to his friend’s shoulder, his tail waving encouragingly behind him. Staying positive was the best thing the father could do. Lachesis still remained positive that his previous litter, Kyrios and Atropos, were doing well wherever they were. That they had made a name for themselves and thrived. That was all he could ask for.

He gave a dismissive shrug at the pale man’s words. You did what I would have done. What he had done after his children had disappeared. Lachesis had spent countless days scouring the forest and the mountain for his children, only to return to Hearthwood empty pawed.

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Before the notch and Jynx he’d worried about the usual things, where would he sleep and where he would find his next meal. Things that were small worries but then he going Jynx and became a leader and had children and now it was sometimes overwhelming all of the things he worried about. “How do you deal with all the worry?” He asked his friend.

“You're probably right, I don't think she had been too far from the territory without supervision. I am hoping one of the subordinates or I will come across her and get her home.” It was the notch leaders hope but he wasn't sure how well the search was going while he was away looking for her. “It would be a blessing if I returned home to find her with her mother.” He felt bad for his mate to return to find their daughter missing and he was doing everything he could think of to make things better. A smile was given to his friend in response to the bump he received, “I'm am glad to have made my way here to speak with you,” he stated. While he was still worried his hope of finding her had returned.

It was a comfort to know that the pale Stark would have done the same as he was doing. “I will search the whole of the lore if I have to to find her,” he admitted, “Jynx and I have already lost one child and I am not sure she can lose another.” He hadn't told anyone about their stillborn son and he had to admit that it didn't make the grief of it go away but he felt a little lighter telling his friend.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

I don’t, he answered honestly, his shoulders rolling with his words. I try to talk to Lilya about them as much as I can, he added, elaborating on his answer as his peridots settled on his pale friend. Or I visit the lake and dump all the worries into the water. To deal with later. Another shrug. Lachesis had never been good at dealing with his troubles, aside from when he talked them through with his blue-eyed mate or Anastasia. Or the pale loner, Rory, who always seemed to visit the lake whenever he did.

She will turn up, he assured the male as they followed the path that led down to the lake—a path frequently travelled by the river king. Just keep looking and stay positive. That was all the blue-eyed leader could do. XIX had never given up hope that his first litter would return—even if it was just for a quick visit. Just to let him know they were alive and doing well. His ears twitched as the leader mentioned already losing a child—he and Lilya had been in the same situation this year. A stillborn, while a natural occurrence for wolves, was still heartbreaking. He nodded to show he understood but kept his tongue still between his teeth as they made their way toward the lake, for he knew the feeling inside Emrys all too well. 

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

The notch wolf’s brows furrowed as Lachesis admitted that he didn't deal with his worries. Emrys listened as his friend spoke of the ways he tried to deal with them, “But they are always there? Perhaps I should make more trips to the spring,” he stated half joking. “Dump mine into there.” He did often talk to his lost son about them and he supposed that helped a little but they always found their way back to. “Jynx has her own stresses so I don't like bothering her too much with my own,” he admitted though perhaps if they talked more about their worries with each other then maybe they both wouldn't be so stressed out.

“Thank you, Lachesis. You've always been a good friend to me.” Emrys knew there wasn't much that the river leader could do. He couldn't present the pale pup to him. He knew he would do what he could to help and part of that was trying to keep the notch leader positive that he would find his daughter. “I don't think I could ever give up but I will try to stay positive,” he promised. Emrys also confided in his friend that he and Jynx had lost a child already. The silence that passed between them gave Emrys the feeling that Lachesis knew the feeling.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
figured this was a good spot to wrap things up! <3 faded & archived

I suppose it’s part of being a parent, he laughed, the corners of his eyes crinkling as he turned to his blue-eyed friend. Always worrying. Even when I’m not, I still worry about not worrying. He couldn’t stop—even when he dumped them into the lake south of the Kingswood. But, he didn’t mind. Being a parent was worth all the worrying. Even if children were prone to wandering off… and talking back…

You’re always welcome to visit and tell me about them, he mused in response as he returned his gaze to the path ahead of them. Plus, it was an excuse to see his friend.

He nodded in response, bumping his shoulder against the younger male’s as he offered him an encouraging smile. There was not much else the Notch leader could do other than remaining positive and look for his daughter. Ask neighbours, follow scent trails… Emrys was doing all the right things. His daughter would turn up, Lachesis was confident of that. It would just take some time. As they continued south to the lake XIX continued to offer more words of encouragement, his tone light and comforting. He would accompany the healer to the lake, paralleling most of the perimeter with him before returning back to Hearthwood, to his own children… Fade, thread complete.