(See All?) Announcements
379 Users Online
Bing, Oleander, Apollo

The Tears of Emrys Myrddin — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 482 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin
Backdated to November 13th. To any and all HR members.

When he realized how far north he had come in his search for Arwyn he knew Kingsfall wasn't that far. He also knew Hearthwood River to be there as he had visited Lachesis the previous year. He didn't know if his daughter had traveled this far or if there was any chance that the river wolves might have seen her. He remembered when Adelayde had come to inform them in White Fir Notch of the disappearance of one of their pups. It wouldn't hurt to ask the river wolves to look out for Arwyn at least.

So he continued his journey through the king's wood to reach the Hearthwood borders. By this time in his journey his coat had become dishevelled. He had seen that when he'd stopped for a quick drink if water. Emrys hadn't eaten much as his only concern had been finding his daughter.

When he finally reached the border he stopped and looked around for anyone who might be patrolling. He then lifted his muzzle into the air and announced his presence at the border in hopes someone would come and speak with him. Then he waited pacing as he'd been unable to remain still in the past days.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lorcán had disappeared once more but this time Lachesis was not surprised. Nor did he care if the soft-spoken healer returned. Obviously losing a wolf with his talents was a blow to the river wolves, but loyalty was important to the pale ghost. The first absence had been excused, as it had been out of character for the agouti, but this time… this time he needed just as good of a reason (or better) if he wanted to return to Hearthwood. He hoped that the male wasn’t injured, of course, for he still cared about the medic. But loyalty was important. The man had disappeared just before the arrival of winter—when the pack needed him the most. Lachesis couldn’t just brush off this absence like he had the first. Unless something serious had happened—which he hoped hadn’t.

The call that rang through the trees was one Lachesis had not been expecting. Especially since White Fir Notch was not in close proximity to the Kingswood. Without hesitation he sprinted toward the borders, abandoning his patrol in order to greet his guest.

Emrys, he called out once the pale wolf was in sight, his brows knitted together with concern. The Notch medic (and leader) did not look well—his pacing proved that. What brings you all the way to Hearthwood? He asked, getting to the point once his paws settled.

guardian 1/3
(This post was last modified: Nov 28, 2017, 05:25 AM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

He was not generally an impatient man but he also wasn't exactly himself. He'd already lost a son now a daughter, he couldn't bear the thought of never finding her, never knowing what happened to her. His pacing was the only thing that kept him from crossing into Hearthwood river and hunting his friend down. He wasn't sure what he was expecting coming to speak with Lachesis it one of the other River wolves. Something told him Arwyn had hit made it this far but he had to try.

Then there was the problem of how did he tell his friend that his daughter was missing. He felt like the worst father in the world to have let this happen. Jynx goes away for a few days and comes back to ine if their children gone. She had to be so angry with him for letting it happen.

The the pale figure of Lachesis came to the border saying his name which brought him out if his thoughts. “Lachesis my old friend, I am sorry to show up at your border like this.” He greeted the Hearthwood leader as he stopped his pacing. Then he took a deep breath and released it. “I wish I could have visited under better circumstances and honestly I don't know if there is anything you can do. Three days ago my daughter Arwyn went missing.”

Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lachesis knew this visit wasn’t just to exchange pleasantries. Something was wrong. It weighed heavy in the air, like a thick fog. His ears twitched nervously as he waited for a response, concern written clearly across his pale features. Emrys, fortunately, got straight to the point as he announced the reason behind his visit. His throat tightened at the pale medic’s words, his ears sweeping along the back of his skull. His daughter was missing. The pale leader knew that feeling all to well, for both of his children from his first litter remained missing. He had searched for them for months, and still occasionally looked, hoping he would come across a familiar trail…

The ghost had even felt the same when Risaela had disappeared, for she (and her brother) had been adopted into his family upon their mother’s passing.

I’m so sorry, Emrys, he started after a brief pause, a frown tugging at his lips as he took a hesitant step forward. What does she look like? I can tell my subordinate to keep an eye out for her during their patrols. It was the least he could do. No parentless children had turned up on the Hearthwood borders, but it did not mean she wasn’t hiding nearby…

guardian 2/3
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

Emrys wished that Arwyn's disappearance wasn't the reason he was coming to visit his friend. He also didn't like the idea of bringing his problems to another pack but he also knew having as many eyes looking for her as possible would better the chance she would make it home. He didn't waste any time telling Lachesis why he had come to Hearthwood's borders. He'd needed to get it out as quickly as possible or else he didn't know if he would have been able to. The notch healer almost continued his pacing after he had spoken but stopped himself and instead sat back on his haunches shoulders sagging as he let out a breath.

After he left Hearthwood he wasn't sure where to go next to search for his missing child. This was the last thing that he imagined happening especially after they'd already lost Milon.

“Thank you, I don't know how I could have let this happen,” he said quietly as Lachesis stepped toward him asking what she looked like. Of course the river wolf would need to know that so they could keep an eye out for her. “I would appreciate you doing that. She has her mother's eye’s, Jynx eyes. Her coat is cream and she was just starting to get some black around her muzzle. She's six months now and grown quite a bit lanky.” He described her with a proudness to his tone that he expected any father would have when speaking about their children.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lachesis shared his friend’s grief, his chartreuse eyes soft as he observed the pale leader. Children wander. They test their boundaries and sometimes get a little turned around. She’ll find her way back—if someone doesn’t find her first, he commented in hopes of reassuring the troubled father, his forehead crinkled in concern. The Notch was nestled at the base of the mountain, which meant it was possible the girl had decided to climb the chunk of rock and gotten lost in the process.

He nodded in response to the male’s description of the little girl, his expression grim. I’ll let them know, he responded, his gaze still fixated on the younger male, she couldn’t have gotten too far. Have you tried the mountain yet? The twins might have bumped into the cream child on one of their adventures—Lachesis would be sure to check in with them once he and Emrys parted ways.

guardian 3/3
Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

The notch leader nodded as Lachesis spoke of children wandering, testing boundaries, and getting turned around. “Arwyn certainly is one for wandering and testing boundaries. I have caught her plenty of times trying to sneak across the border. I should have kept a better eye in her while Jynx was away,” he said shaking his head. It was the last part of what his friend said that worried him most. Remembering a pup had been taken the previous year from the rye he worried the same fate had befallen his daughter. He hoped that wasn't the case but if it was then he hoped she was with someone who would take care of her and they would return her to them.

“Thank you Lachesis. That means a lot,” he told his friend when he said he would let his pack know. Maybe the more wolves that knew she was missing the better chances they would have of finding her. The notch alpha shook his head, “I hope she hasn't. Not before I left to search for her but I will on my way back to White Fir Notch. I was planning to go around Turtleback lake and circle up that way.” If worse came to worse he could send Nauja out to look for her further up the mountain.

(This post was last modified: Nov 28, 2017, 03:09 AM by Emrys.)
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Sounds like the Hearthwood children, he mused in response, a small laugh accompanying his words. The river children were frequently treading across the borders, doing as they pleased and blazing their own paths. It seemed they weren’t the only children in the north to do so. He just hoped that it didn’t happen to one of his children—not this year. Lachesis had already lost three of his children, he couldn’t lose another one… You can’t blame yourself, Emrys. Children will explore. I’m sure she just got turned around. It was possible one of their neighbours had picked the child up, or she had found her way onto the mountain, trapped by snow. There were packs on the mountain, Lachesis knew that. Perhaps she had found her way to one of them…

He nodded gently in response, a grim expression still pressed to his pale features. Mind if I accompany you to the Lake? Two noses are better than one. Just to the lakeshore, to keep his friend from going bald with worry. Then he would return to the Kingswood and see if the girl had lingered in the unexplored part of the forest.

Inactive No Rank
Emrys Myrddin

“Maybe all children, Elyan has done his fair share of crossing the borders. I usually try to be somewhere close by when I catch them.” Usually when he did catch them he didn't always stop them but would stay close enough he could see them so he could make sure they were okay. This time though he had been trying to care for the children and the pack without Jynx and he realized his mistake. Each of the pups should have had a pack member watching them. It was a mistake he wouldn't make again once he found Arwyn. “It's hard not to blame myself even if it truly isn't my fault that it happened. Maybe as a father it's our job to do that,” he said with a shake of his head. He hadn't envisioned this when he and Jynx had gotten their chance to start their family. “I'm sure you’re right it's now the problem of finding out what happened to her after.”

He laid out the last part of his plan before he would have to get back to the notch and give Jynx an update. Even check back and see if his daughter had showed up. His ears pinned forward as Lachesis asked to join him to the lake. “Yes of course, I wouldn't mind the company and it will be good to talk with you once more before my mate kills me when I show up without our daughter.” He was certain she wouldn't be happy and ye wasn't sure he could blame her either.