301 Users Online
Aquene, Bing, Google, Vasco

Sick Cycle Carousel — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski
Forward dated for 12/1.

The cold had settled into the Kingswood and after seeing two winter's in the lore Inna knew they wouldn't see warm weather again for many months. Snow peppered her onyx coat as she leisurely walked through the familiar trees. She'd left her daughter napping in the den covered in the rabbit furs that has been there since before she was born. She loved Oksana but the day she would leave Hearthwood was growing near, Inna could feel it in her bones. The pup of course hasn't said anything but she didn't have to, it was the way of things.

The Raven stopped to sniff at a brown tuft of grass for nothing in particular. She wasn't hunting or scouting, this was the time for her be away from Hearthwood. The time when she could be herself and let the strong facade she kept up around the pack. It was a lot of work keeping it up but it was necessary. For her to get there for her daughter she had to seem as though everything was fine and that she had worked through everything.

The rustle of leaves brought her head up, ears perked forward listening for further sounds but all was quiet. She moved on from the grass her path leading to the small stream that she'd once pushed Lorcan into. What had once been a happy memory now left a bitter taste in her mouth. Many of her memories did that these days, when had her life become what it was.

The snow continued to fall around her as she scratched at the ice that had formed over the stream.

(This post was last modified: Dec 03, 2017, 03:36 AM by Inna.)
[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lachesis had been keeping his promise to Emrys by patrolling the neighbouring territories for his missing daughter, following old scent trails and searching for anything that would lead him to the missing Notch child. He just finished a patrol when he caught scent of the raven mother, his paws diverting from his original path as he made a quick detour. He had been postponing a conversation with the inky Baranski since her older brother had visited the borders.

Things within Hearthwood had changed over the warmer months. Their numbers remained small, aside from the children, and Lachesis struggled to ensure they remained strong. He had wanted to move the pack, to start fresh, but the rest of the pack had refused. And now the ghost was feeling trapped; uncertain.

His chest felt tight as he approached the ebony girl, a soft smile tugging at his lips. Inna, he greeted as he padded through the fresh snow, his tail swaying low behind him. His chartreuse gaze remained fixed on the young Baranski as she scratched at the frozen river, his maw canted slightly to one side.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Looking up into the sky the Raven knew she would have to hunt soon, Oksana would be waking and she would be hungry. The question was what to bring her daughter, something she usually had or something she didn't get very often? With the cold and the snow she might just have to settle for a plain but plump rabbit. Her daughter liked them well enough, there would be time for that after she'd gotten a little moisture from the stream.

She could feel small water droplets reaching her skin as the snow on her back melted. The sensation caused her to pause in her task and give her ebony coat a quick shake before she resumed scratching at the surface of the frozen stream. Once she was satisfied with the amount of ice she'd shaved off with her claws she licked the shavings from the surface. They were cold on her tongue but melted quickly in her mouth. It of course wasn't the same as drinking from the stream but it was enough. Soon there would be plenty of snow and she wouldn't have to resort to such tactics for a little water.

It was the sound of his voice that caused her to tense and she hesitated only a second before raising her head to look at the pale man. “Lachesis,” she stated politely with a small dip of her head to show the respect of his status. She did not give the greeting she would have months ago. “What brings you out in this weather?” She asked calmly stepping away from the stream.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

She did not look pleased to see him, that much was evident. Things had changed between the two since her sour encounter with the Rye wolves. Lachesis had believed her, but he also trusted the words of his friends. And he had wanted to hear both sides, for he knew stories would get twisted and words would get edited. He also had to let Inna know she wasn’t impervious to punishment. That the Hearthwood princess could be reprimanded just like her packmates. Things had gotten too lax in the Kingswood. Wolves came and went as they pleased, playing house with the river pack until something better captured their attention. Wolves were breaking rules. Two Baranski children had bred without permission and had not been dished out proper punishments. Even Lachesis had turned a blind eye to it. But not anymore. If he was being too strict, if he was changing, so be it. He would not be walked all over.

He fluffed out his fur in response to her question, a small smile breaking his pale features. I was born for this weather, he replied with a chuckle accompanying his words, his ears pinned forward. What about you?

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna didn't know why Lachesis was suddenly coming to talk to her now after months. Her feelings toward the man she'd once thought of as a second father had changed. She felt he'd changed and not in the best way, it worried her for the future of Hearthwood. She mentally snorted, why did she even care when Hearthwood no longer felt like her home. It was why all the time she wasn't with her daughter she was outside the border. She would be close enough Oksana could come to her but far enough she didn't have to he where she didn't feel wanted. For her daughter, everything was for Oksana as it always had been.

“I suppose so,” she admitted when he spoke of being made for the weather. She stopped and bothered the tuft of grass once more with her paw before looking at him. “A coat like that will be good if we have another winter like the last.” And here they were making small talk as if that would solve all of their problems. Inna remained cordial and respectful though, she couldn't ruin things for her daughter. The Raven looked up at the alpha as he asked what she was doing out in the weather. “Sana is sleeping and I can breath out here,” she said moving her eyes from the pale man back in the direction of Hearthwood, “It's just going to take some time...I hope,” she added her tone growing almost wistful. Then she turned back to him with a shrug, “As long as Oksana is safe and happy that's all that matters.”

(This post was last modified: Dec 04, 2017, 02:11 PM by Inna.)

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Here’s hoping we don’t, he responded with a soft smile, his worried gaze fixated on the raven. She was still cold, standoffish toward him, and Lachesis did not know what more he could do. He had tried talking to her, coaxing her out of her dark thoughts, but the raven was stubborn. He couldn’t help but wonder if she liked being miserable. Having others dote on her; pity her. The smile quickly faded into a frown as he gave an understanding nod. It’s just going to take some time… His frown deepened. Lachesis knew that the death of her mother had hit her harder than anyone else, but the others were beginning to thrive once more. Focusing on the past would get them nowhere. Hearthwood would have crashed and burned if Lachesis hadn’t moved forward. It was time for the raven to do the same.

Do you need to talk? He asked, his maw falling to the side, brows narrowed. I’m not against you, Inna, I never was. Small talk wasn’t doing anything for them. It made more sense for XIX to cut straight to the chase. 

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna nodded, “We can make it through, we always make it through.” Hearthwood had been through alot. Despite their small numbers Inna felt the river wolves were strong. She still felt she needed some time though to work through things and see if Hearthwood could feel like home to her again. She felt concentrating on Oksana and what was best for her would help her to do that. Her daughter was now the most important thing to her and she had to make sure the little Crow knew that especially now that her father was gone.

She regarded the pale leader for a moment when he asked if she wanted to talk. “ I think it might be best,” she said turning to face him and sitting back on her haunches. She nodded as he told her that he had never been against her. “I'm sorry things have gotten so strained between us Lachesis, I wish they hadn't. I feel like there is still so much unresolved and I don't know if it can be but I would like the chance to try. Can you give that to me?”

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

She was right—they always made it through. The river wolves were exceptional at preserving. It was one of their greatest qualities. They had overcome everything tossed in their directions, from threats of neighbouring packs to natural disasters, they always came through. It was why Lachesis kept fighting for the pack.

As the raven responded he nodded, slowly and carefully, his expression neutral. He had not meant to push her away—that was the last thing he wanted. But things had gotten tense between them since her mother’s death. Lachesis still wasn’t sure he believed everything she had told him about the meeting with the Rye wolves. He wanted to believe her above Reyes, for the raven was like a daughter to him, but the Baranski was keen on making herself look better. Especially after messing up at the borders. I’m sorry, too, he murmured, his chartreuse gaze fixated on her dark features as she continued, a question hanging off the tip of her tongue. Of course, Inna. He gave a soft nod, encouraging the raven to continue, to speak whatever was on her mind.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna never doubted that the river wolves would make it through another harsh winter. It had been hard the previous year but they had made it through and there were fewer of them then. Also the children were getting to the age when they could hunt alone. She had faith that they would get through the winter because they had gotten through so much more.

With the latest departures from her life and the argument that had happened Inna knew she was in a place in her life. She either had to accept things the way they were, keep her head down and do what she could to make the situation better. She wasn't quite sure she could believe the pale leader when he said he wasn't against her. She still felt he sided with most others when it came to her and she believed his opinion of her wasn't in the brightest of lights.

Her other option was to prove to every single one of them that they were wrong about her. Yes, she had gone through a rough time. She'd lost so much in the past year and it had caught up to her and she hadn't known how to deal with it anymore. She knew she shouldn't have let it get to her, let it pull her down as far as it had but at least now she knew who she could count on.

Now she had to try and fix things with Lachesis so that she could have her life back and Oksana could have a life in Hearthwood where she knew she would be safe. “I've been doing a lot of thinking but I don't know if explaining myself will do any good,” she said looking down at her paws. “I know my behavior has been less than desirable and that I have done things that have gone against you and Lilya and I am sorry for that. I've been in a really bad place and I thought I could deal with it one my own. I know that I was wrong and that there were better ways to deal with what I was going through.” She took a deep breath sorting through thoughts before continuing. “I don't know I guess after losing my mom and then Lekalta and feeling like you didn't believe what I had told you and then Lorcan disappearing that first time I just felt so alone. It didn't matter that I had a whole pack because after losing so many, having them leave I just expect everyone to leave. Now with Lorcan…,” she paused, “You know he told me he loved me before he left?” She mused, “I don't understand why he would do that and I was so stupid that I admitted to him how I felt.”

Inna shook her head, “I guess it doesn't matter now does it? He’s gone and he's not coming back and now Oksana doesn't have a father and that's my fault. I haven't been a good mother to her and I fully expect her to leave one day too just like my brothers and sisters left my mom. Often I see my life reflecting her’s and it scares me.” Inna looked up at Lachesis then, “Sometimes I think it might be better that I go and leave Oksana here so she doesn't have to live my life and so that she can have a mother who is there for her and take care of her how she should be taken care of.”

(This post was last modified: Dec 11, 2017, 04:11 PM by Inna.)