(See All?) Announcements
600 Users Online
Google, Bing

I could be delivered — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Attica Archer
She used to love the scent of this place but since her departure, it almost left a burning feeling at the back of her throat, like too much inhaled smoke. It was quiet, almost deathly so and it was only as she stood at the border that she noticed the absence of Enoki's scent, and the place seemed so much more empty for it. The distant honking of migrating geese suddenly became all the more heart-wrenching, like tolling bells heralding a disaster to come. How much more could they withstand?

But she wasn't here to speculate, she had a job to do. Taking peace from the knowledge that @Greer was close at hand she tipped up her muzzle to call for @Ravenna. She only had words for her silver aunt to spare.
[Image: sig__com___a_zoo_in_a_jungle_by_clowdero...aszulw.png]
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Life for the wolves here was still, the geese honking in the distance, the breeze rustling the trees, though the pack was silent. Ravenna did her rounds for best she could to herself, coming to the call of Attica quickly enough, though somewhat unwillingly. She couldn't help but be upset with her and her sadness showed by the expression on her face as she came near to her call. There was no introduction, no happy wave of her tail or smile on her face for her niece.

"Why did you leave?" It was the question Ravenna still did not know the answer to and it was important enough to ask before Attica got started on why she was here, and why Greer was hidden somewhere in the background (though Ravenna could smell him). Attica obviously had a fallout with the brother she had once been so close to, though did that mean because of one wolf she had to abandon her entire pack like the rest? Did that mean she couldn't come to Ravenna, even if just to say goodbye?

Ravenna had thought once, that they were close throughout the time Attica grew up here. But betrayal did not discriminate, apparently. It latched onto anyone, especially family. @Renier, if she recalled correctly, was the only one she knew that had said bye before he left and he was a part of her Lyall family. In moments like this, had in not been for the love of her mother, Ravenna might have thought twice in calling herself 'Archer'.

Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

He had thought of remaining in the shadows, observing the interaction from afar, but he didn’t want Ravenna (or any Ridge on lookers) to get the wrong impression. Especially after the last encounter between the two packs. A sour taste had filled his mouth during the trek east and in typical Greer-fashion, it was a silent journey. He had sent a quick howl to his scarlet mate to let her know where he was going and that he would explain when he returned. The shadow could only imagine the thoughts racing through Kyna’s head when he announced he was paying the willows a visit…

He slunk out from the trees after Ravenna arrived, the question directed at Attica hanging between them. Greer dipped his head in greeting, his mercury gaze fixated on his pale sister. 

scout dem 1/3
(This post was last modified: Nov 26, 2017, 05:22 PM by Greer.)
[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Inactive No Rank
Attica Archer
Scouting dem 2/3

Attica should have expected the question, had, in fact, and that familiar dark coil threatened to unfurl as the words hit the air. A pained Mmnnngh. left her inky lips as she considered, mouth pulling down in the corner as thoughts raced through her head. But that wasn’t why she was here. Business first. ”I’ll get to that in a minute but I have a message from Morganna first and if I don't say it before that then I'll forget." She was apologetic in her explanation, knowing it wouldn't free her from answering the question. In fact, maybe it was best to get it all out in one long string of words?

No, business first.

"She wanted you to know she's had to change plans, and she'll be three days east of the heights. Niles is there and his mate is sick and she was even worried she wouldn't make it until Morganna made it back there so it can't be good, and she doesn't seem to know if she's staying there or not. After I'm done here I have to go and find Renier at the Lagoon and let him know too." Perhaps this message was more pressing than ruminating over the past? But she had said she would answer her aunt's question too. It was easier to disconnect from the emotional impact of a conversation when it didn't directly involve herself. So she drew a deep breath to try and hold herself together.

"And why did I leave? Because Nonna died and Sven was gone, for days, and he came back smelling more like another pack than his own and nobody cared, but then he just suddenly decided he was going to challenge everyone? And everyone left? Not just Renier, but Bojack and Nimble and Odin. If he wanted to lead he should have been here. My parents already abandoned me, I didn't need him chasing off the rest of my family too. So I just started running, and it felt like I didn't stop for days." She didn't have words to describe the why, just the how. "When I finally stopped I thought, 'Ok, maybe I overreacted...', but when I got back he was gone anyway and everything seemed wrong. I used to love this place Ravenna, but after Adele, and Nonna and Angier? I don't smell willows. I smell death and it burns my throat and squeezes the air right out of my lungs. What if it’s my fault everyone started dying? It only started after I came here. Has anyone died since I left?" and what if that was the reason her parents had left her behind? Her eyes had gone glassy and her voice was choked as it all came out at last. She couldn’t be here, because she was never meant to be here in the first place.
(This post was last modified: Nov 25, 2017, 11:16 AM by Attica.)
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
It did not take long for her silent brother to decide he would come out from his placement in the shadows. He spoke not, just offering a dip of his muzzle, to which with a glance of her similar silver gaze turned into his direction briefly, she offered her own. Though the floor remained predominantly to her niece. The moment she began to speak, Ravenna's attention turned right back to her. She was on a mission, it seemed, by her explanation as she spoke that she needed to get that on the table first before she forgot everything which needed to be relayed. Was she trying to become a scout for her pack? Ravenna guessed it didn't matter, because the matters of Aurora wolves were not her own to care for and would never be, as long as Sven kept a rift between them.

Accepting of the apologetic expression Attica gave her, she allowed her to go on with the message from her sister without interruption. Morganna would not be staying here close by at the Lagoon after all. The disappointment was obvious on her features, a fleeting expression which quickly closed down, a straight, flat feature forming there after. She was used to being disappointed, time and time again. Just as soon as she thought this however, she flicked it away. No one that had not decided to dedicated themselves as a pack member was bound to these lands. Morganna was free to do as she pleased, and if it was to help to tend to @Niles mate? Hearing that Niles was still in Relic Lore was new information to Ravenna. She had not seen him since their parents death and unlike the rest of Ravenna's family, she was content with this. The brother once she had been so close to, she did not think she could ever look at the same again.

His mate (this was obviously news as well) was apparently very sick and because of it, Morganna decided to join him out there in the east in order to help out. At least she was not as far away, if anything, though it still made it wonder just how long it might be before she got to spend some time with those pups. "Does Niles lead this pack? What is its name?" A few quick questions then came after Attica was finished with her message, if she knew the answers to them.

Then Attica opened the flood gates, causing Ravenna's ears to turn back as she listened. She could have argued with her, though otherwise decided to listen quietly to the girl explain herself as Ravenna's thoughts swirled in her head. Sven had been gone a lot, but even Ravenna knew this was because he was trying to build allies in the north and, as spring came, he had taken a liking to someone - something which Attica would have not understood in her youth at the time. Whilst Attica was right that Sven's challenge had shook the pack, yet again, mentioning Odin leaving with that little girl was obsolete. They had been only visiting, anyhow... Attica saying that these lands smelt like death to her made a knot form in Ravenna's throat. She took in a sharp breath, holding it there a moment.

Ravenna, after all this time struggling within this pack, facing so much death and abandonment, forced to grow up far too quickly... All these things led her to know that is how she was the wolf she was now. Loyal, stubborn, strong, and she did not give up. Perhaps some could not handle that. Perhaps some would rather move on, then hang on. Ravenna was the latter and Attica the former and yet she could not blame he for that. Ravenna, unlike her nephew @Sven, refused to allow herself to live in the past. "No..." She finally spoke, answering Attica if anyone else had died since she left. At least, as horrible as it was, Ravenna did not think so. Adeltra had gone missing, and Enoki after her... "This pack has seen a lot of death... and I don't know if it will ever be anything like Angier and Elettra made it. But I, at least, will never run away and I will never give up." Not until there was nothing left worth fighting for. Her eyes glanced to her brother, but she said nothing to him, only went back to speaking to the young scout. "Don't you dare blame yourself for what happened. Mom and Dad were old Atty... Mom's leg was hurt and her sense of smell fading. Dad was blind and Niles was stupid and selfish for letting him wonder off to far. This pack is very old, the oldest pack in all of Relic Lore. Its seen much death because the pack alone has outlived the wolves it in, not the other way around. If we left our homes every time something bad happened, we would never have a place to call our own..." She sighs, letting out fully the breath she had been holding.

She did not know if Attica, nor Greer, would ever understand her point of view. Sometimes, when she was sad and full of self doubt, she struggled with believing herself. In days like that, she would look to the heavens and remember where she had come from, who she had come from, and listens for her father's guidance... "You should probably get going." She finished then, her pale, silver eyes awaiting for the young girl to take her leave as directed. Her eyes then befell her brother, wondering if he too would continue trailing Attica's tail or if he had something he would like to say, Leader to Leader.

(This post was last modified: Nov 26, 2017, 05:41 AM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

His mercury was fixated on his niece as she spoke, first delivering the information Morganna had asked her to. Greer knew that his sister intended to return to the west—she had made it clear to him that she was fond of the lands they had stalked as children. But Ravenna did not need not need to know that—not yet. There was something cooking inside his older sister’s crooked thoughts. She had big plans, they were just temporarily on hold. It was better for his sister and her crew to bunker down somewhere for the winter. And it would put his younger brother’s mind at rest, knowing that someone with medicinal knowledge was nearby for his wife.

A question came from Ravenna once Attica had delivered Morganna’s message and the shadow turned his silver gaze to his younger sister. Quaking Vale, he responded, feeling as though he should actually include himself in the conversation rather than be a bystander, Niles lead. But for how long? Would the pack crumble once Morganna decided to return to the west, or would it flourish after winter passed through?

Attica finally dove into her response to Ravenna’s question and the shadow fell silent once more, now feeling like an intruder as his niece explained her reasons for leaving the willows. He had been present for a few deaths beneath the willows, so he could understand where the peppered Archer was coming from. Once Sköll started to get antsy, along with his uncle Nicolo, Greer realized that he no longer wanted anything to do with the willows. He would always have fond memories of his childhood among the sinewy trees, but as he grew older it became less of a home to the gangly shadow. And he had always wanted to see more.

His gaze focused onto his younger sister as she spoke, his ears sweeping to the side. He had always felt guilty for leaving so abruptly. Not giving a proper good-bye. He would never regret leaving, for venturing to the north with his older sister had pushed him to do better; be better. And he had found his way back to Kyna, which was most important. But he did regret how he left. He was proud of Ravenna, for fighting for the willows so furiously. It was a passion that made him think of their mother, and Greer knew Elettra would be proud if she could hear her youngest daughter.

He waited to see if Attica left before stepping toward his sister, breaking the distance between them as he pressed his nose to her cheek. Greer sorry, he started, his eyes soft as he took a single step back, creating a space between them. Sorry hunt incident. He paused, the corners of his mouth falling. Sorry leave. His frown deepened. Greer miss willows. Not Greer home. Not Greer home long time. He sighed, his features relaxing once more. Greer want Aurora-Willow good terms, he added, his tongue feeling overused as he waited for her response. 

scout dem 2/3
(This post was last modified: Nov 26, 2017, 05:52 PM by Greer.)
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Cuff, I hope it's okay if I go ahead and post? I can delete and repost if you'd like. Just wanted to get this up.

Quaking Vale and Niles led the pack. It was all Ravenna needed to kbow on the subject. Now she was aware that at least three packs in the Lore were lead by Archer/Archer-Lyall wolves. She couldn't help the pride in her chest even if she did not see herself forgiving Niles for what he had done anytime soon, maybe not even ever...

Greer came over to her then, closing the distance to press his nose to her cheek and offer her apologies. A sorry for what had happened was all she could have ever hoped for. Greer and Morganna should have not left the way they did, especially without saying goodbye and letting their aging parents know what was happening. Though they had and that was their own burden to bare. The apology Greer offered her soothed her. Maybe it could have soothed @Sven too if he would spare them enough time to share it... Ravenna could not help but be worried for her cousin.

Then her older brother took a step back, continuing his apology about the hunt, too. In Ravenna's option, both of the pack had been in the wrong when that went down. He missed the willows, but this place was not his home any longer. She understood even if she did not feel the same way. The land hurt to be in, this was for sure. So many memories here, but the memories of her fallen loved ones also made her stronger, reminded her to keep in check. "Yes..." She spoke then in agreement, her tail waving softly behind her. "I want our packs to be allies, Greer... And Morganna's too if she decides to come back west. I see no reason we shouldn't be?" They were not only family, but family that cared about one another and loved each other and their packs were not at all far away from one another. "Like I told Morganna, I know things are shaky with Sven and Nicolo and everything that happened. It shouldn't have happened like that, but it did. And I know at least I'm sick of living my current life based on all the bad that happened in the past. It's over and I want to move on. It's harder for Sven and I'll never blame him. You and I were lucky to have caring parents to be there for us and raise us, he didn't... But as I have told him, I'm not asking anyone to be forced to like each other or cuddle up to each other. If he wants, he can avoid anyone he wishes. If he don't like certain wolves in his family, so be it, neither do I." She admits with a shrug. To be honest, she didn't know of anyone other than Morganna who took a liking to @Skoll. Ravenna would do anything she could to keep others from seeing Sven in that same light. "But as allies, we can all learn to at least respect one another. We just need us some good ground rules." It seemed one of Sven's biggest fears was that because they were family and allies, they felt that they could enter the pack lands at they pleased, hunt at their doorstep, recruit the allies wondering past... It was clear that some things needed to be set in stone.

Inactive No Rank
Attica Archer
casually slides in a late exit. Scout dem 3/3

Here I stand, staring at the sun
Attica Grace Archer

When all was said and done it didn't soothe the ache in her chest nor contain the sigh of relief at the news that nobody else had died since she had left. She didn't know the name of Niles' pack or if he lead but it would seem that Greer did and moved to answer for her. She managed a smile when Ravenna said that she wouldn't give up on the Ridge, she had never supposed she would and maybe, if this had been where she was born, like her brother and aunt, she might feel the same but back in the depths of her memory she still remembered a cold wet hole in the marsh and the shadowy figures of wolves, the definition of their faces long since forgotten.

That she should get going she answered with a nod. "I'll come back later, just to visit, no bad news I promise." Besides, she hadn't even touched on where she had been and what she had seen. With a wave of her tail for Greer she turned to the west to leave the leaders to discuss what they needed to. She had more messages to deliver.

(This post was last modified: Dec 15, 2017, 03:56 AM by Attica.)
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

The shadow gave a soft nod in his niece’s direction as she took her leave, disappearing into the sinewy trees to deliver her message to Morganna’s group in the west. It had been a long time since the south had endured such activity. Wolves moving from one territory to another, passing messages and getting into (unnecessary) squabbles. He could not help but think what his mother would have thought of it all… her children leading their own packs, occasionally bickering with each other, but most importantly: thriving.

His ears cupped froward as his younger sister spoke, her voice soft and level. the silver Archer-Lyall had accepted his apology and extended her own concern about the relationship between their packs. Like Greer, she wanted to remain allies, which caused his shoulders to sag in relief. It would be difficult to earn Sven’s trust (and Nicolo’s) but Greer knew it was necessary. With their packs being so close it made sense for them to allies—especially since the Ridge was home to a large number of Archer’s.

He nodded to show he understood, and agreed, with her words. A small cracked against his stoic features, his maw falling to the side. Rav like mother, he commented, his tail flicking gently behind him. Elettra would have been proud of her daughter. Greer want best for Rav. For Willows. That would never change. He sort of, almost pitied Sven, for his sister was right. He had not been blessed with doting parents like Greer and Ravenna. Both his parents had fled—one to the north, and the other had simply disappeared. But it didn’t not excuse his bitter actions. Nor did he have any claim to the Archer throne. The woe is me attitude was tired and boring.

But, his cousin’s snivelling would not deter him from forming an alliance with his birth pack. Ground rules, he repeated with a firm nod, his silver eyes fixated on her pale figure as he waited for her to continue.

scout dem 3/3
(This post was last modified: Dec 15, 2017, 03:47 AM by Greer.)
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
When Attica chimed in one last time, saying she would come visit again soon, Ravenna smiled and dipped her muzzle silently, watching her niece run off to deliver her news to the wolves in the lagoon. Her brother then commented about her being like Elettra, to which Ravenna couldn't help the smile on her features and the wagging of her tail. If she could have blushed, she would have, but she alone could only feel the warmth in her cheeks otherwise hidden by her silvery fur. If she could hold even an ounce of the strength, wisdom and grace of her parents before her, she would be lucky for it.

"Thanks." She then spoke, a sheepish smirk taking over her features momentarily. 'Group rules' he then spoke and waited, silent and staring once more as Ravenna would always remember him. Ravenna had not expected to go over anything this day when she had answered Attica's call and had thought when this occurred, @Nicolò and maybe even @Sven would be there. Yet none the less right now was as good as any.

"Well..." She began with an obvious ponder, allowing herself to get situated into a sit before her brother. "I'd say having a specific rule on hunting grounds would be a good start." Seeing as that had started the disagreement to begin with. "The Heights should belong to the Aurora wolves and the Drooping Willows to the Ridge. Should goat or ram decend from the mountains into our hunting grounds or vis-versa during one of our hunts, a call to that pack should be sounded. We will share the burden of the hunt and share the kill. We can share the Rise and the Meadow as neutral hunting land." She did not bother mentioning the Lagoon or Marsh for it was less likely his pack socks for that far for a hunt unless desperate.