(See All?) Announcements
675 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nori, Vanadis, Finley, Adora

Shallows Edge Pack Thread
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

Few words had been exchanged between the pair as they returned home from the lake to the north. He hadn’t wanted to bombard her with questions, for he figured her absent mother was still a touchy subject. So they made haste in returning to the shallows, for he knew the comfort of the den (and some familiar faces) would help soothe her mind. However, the pair was greeted by the most familiar scent, bringing a wide smile to the boy’s dark features. He bumped his age-mate’s shoulder and sprinted toward the main den, his oversized paws carrying him quickly through the distance that separated them from the Edge Lord. Kanaaaaa! He screamed as he nearly barrelled into the dark leader, his tail wagging frantically behind him. It felt as though it had been forever since the boy had last seen the grumpy wolf and he hoped he (and @Hawthorne) had made him proud during his absence.

ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
She hadn't strayed far from his side the whole walk home. Her pumpkin gaze didn't bother trying to meet his blue and gold eyes. It was obvious that she was a bit detached after the sudden arrival and re-departure of her mother. It had been a mess and everything had happened so fast. Still now as they wandered the familiar woods of home she struggled to make sense of whether it had all been real or just a bad dream. Maybe she'd wake up to Plant Boy jabbing her with a stray paw in his own sleeping. Maybe she'd wake up to the familiar face of her new family. Yet the soil beneath her paws felt so real.

Plant Boy's voice drew her eyes up from the ground. Askan was home. She stood back and watched as her companion smothered their beloved leader.
[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

By then Askan should have known to be mindful of what he wished for. Because sure enough his welcoming party arrived, loud and obnoxious. Just barely managing to skitter out of the way in time, Askan sent Sachiel a scowl, though it lacked any real venom. Those sorts of looks were saved for strangers or those he didn't like.

As per usual, Hawthorne wasn't so far behind though...just by looking at her he could sense something was amiss. She wasn't smiling for one, and as a whole she just seemed glum, reserved.

Giving Sachiel a well deserved head boop, Askan swatted the kid with his tail as he turned his attention to Hawth. Something was wrong, wasn't it? He frowned as he stepped forward, and greeted her in turn, with just as much warmth and affection.

"Is everything okay? Did something happen? Be honest."

(This post was last modified: Dec 13, 2017, 11:57 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

A soft frown creased his dark lips at the boop he’d received from his Edge Lord, but his mismatched eyes still glistened with mischief. He shuffled back from the charcoal wolf, his hindquarters flopping down against the soft ground. It had felt like forever since Askan had left to visit the pack south of them—Oak Tree Bend. The boy had encountered a cub from the pack during his time in the Vale. Mabel. Silky ivory and soft pink. He absently began to wonder how she was doing when words tumbled from Askan’s mouth, pulling him out of his thoughts and into reality. He swallowed, his mismatched gaze falling onto his grey counterpart. Uh, he started, his tail quivering behind him. Be honest. He couldn’t even lie to Askan if he wanted to. The grumpy leader had ben oh so kind to him and Sachiel didn’t want to give him a reason not to keep him around. How was he supposed to hang out with Pumpkin Eyes?! We sort of ran into her mom, he explained with an exaggerated yikes expression tugging at his tawny features.

… and I saw my dad … he added hastily, his ears collapsing against his skull. He had not told Pumpkin Eyes that yet.

x

Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
Loyal as ever to the Edge Lord, Hawthorne would attempt to push herself under his neck and bathe in his familiar scent for a moment. In his warmth and comfort, she remembered where she picked to make a home. It was in these woods with the friendly faces who were there for her when she needed them. Home wasn't in the Firs (even if she had been loved there perhaps) and it certainly wasn't wherever her mother was. That bridge had been burned.

She had forgotten to answer the questions her superior had asked but lucky for her Plant Boy was on the ball per usual. Hawthorne hadn't really wanted to talk too much about it. She wanted to write the whole thing off even if that wasn't the best thing to do. Yet her eyes squinted softly at the other news. "… and I saw my dad …"

"When?" She breathed softly, wondering how long that had been tucked away. It had at least happened before the incident with her own parent. The guilt was back again but this time it felt different. She felt guilt over being so selfish with her own situation that she hadn't considered what her friend might be going, though (even if she had no way of knowing - guilt was a funny thing for the young girl).
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Jeeze.

Askan wasn't sure what to say to that. He'd never been good at handling his own parental drama, so how the hell was he supposed to help with theirs? Askan pursed his lips as he mulled it over. A simple 'there there' wasn't going to cut it, even Askan knew that. So what? It was a little different from his own experiences, as his tended to end in a one sided shouting match(with him being the only one raising his voice). Perhaps a gentler touch was needed, some compassion.

"Well...sounds like you've had it rough."Great. Good job Askan.

Ugh, family drama was the worst sort of drama. It was nothing he could fix by growling or glaring and these days that's all he felt he was good at.

"At least it's over now, huh?If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to. And if you do...well, I'm here."

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

He felt bad for bombarding Askan with so much information all at once. Unnecessary information that had disrupted Sir Grumpsalot’s quiet time. His dark lips were still curved into a soft frown, his mismatched gaze focused on his oversized paws. Mostly he felt bad for not telling his adventure partner about the encounter with father. He had intended to, but stumbling upon her mother had foiled his plans. Her question, a single word breathed into the space between them, only caused his shoulders to sag even more and his frown to deepen. If that was even possible. A week ago? He answered in a dismissive tone, his tail tucking against his coiled legs. He would apologize to Pumpkin Eyes later, for not confiding in her.

Askan’s voice earned an amused snort from the tawny boy, his ears perking up. S’okay, he answered with a shrug, his nostrils twitching. M’still here, he added with a cheeky grin before shoving his nose into Askan’s armpit, an’ I left for a reason. Although he had been ecstatic to learn that his father had actually looked for him Sachiel couldn't give up on the shallows. He had pledged his loyalty to the grumpy duo and the other edgy wolves. His father’s arrival didn't change that.

x

Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn

The peppered girl was likely overracting thanks to the meeting with her mother but there was a twinge of hurt that she had not been told moments after he had bumped into his father. Hell, she could have even been told the day or two after. But she didn't snap at him or put up more than a fight. Her shoulders sagged a bit as she took a step away from the group.

I told my mom to stay away. You see someone short, brown, and maybe talking to themselves you call me, okay? It was more of a plea than it was a command. Not to mention after explaining her mother out loud she realized that it was perhaps good she told the female to stay away.

With a flick of her tail, she dismissed herself from the scene.

-hawthorne exit-

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan wasn't quite sure what to make of this. What was the best way to address this sort of situation? Should he give her time and space, or a hug? Damn it, he didn't know. Short and brown wasn't much of a description but he'd keep an eye out, make sure her mother didn't lurk in these parts. Especially when Hawth had made it clear she didn't want her about, not anymore, not after what she'd done...Which Askan wasn't entirely sure of, to be honest.

From what he knew she'd just vanished, upped and left Hawth without a mother-figure in her life. It sounded as though the wolves of the Notch had stepped in-somewhat- but it wasn't enough. Or at least Askan didn't think it was.

"Mmm, don't worry about your patrol today. I'll handle it."He told her, as she left. She needed time, and space. Probably. Hopefully.

Turning to Sachiel, Askan offered him a slanted smile."Don't worry about your Dad, or anything for that matter. Me and Reyes' have got this, all right?

Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

Immediately the boy felt bad for not sharing the news about his father sooner. They did everything together, which meant Sachiel had plenty of opportunities to tell her, but none of them seemed right. He did not want to weigh her down with boring news of his father. He had remained in the shallows, choosing his new family over the man behind his existence. It was nice knowing that his father had looked for him, leaving shortly after his own departure. Sure, it had taken him a few months (or three) to find him, but he had searched. Scouring the lands of Lore in order to locate his son. That was enough for the boy. Even if he did not want to follow his father at least Sachiel knew that he cared.

He listened to his greyscale friend as she spoke, his mismatched gaze soft as he studied her neutral expression. He would have to seek her out and apologize; smooth things over. But not now. She needed time to process what had happened. The tawny cub watched as his friend padded away from the den, his attention turning to the ebony Edge Lord as he spoke. Sachiel nodded silently in response, his paws shuffling awkwardly beneath him. He looked for me, so I s’pose that’s somethin’, he answered with a lazy shrug. But this is my home now. An’ I don’t plan on goin’ anywhere—sorry. He flashed his leader a cheesy grin as he bumped Askan’s leg with his shoulder, his tail thumping on the ground behind him.

x

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »