(See All?) Announcements
304 Users Online
Bing, Aquene, Nadine, Google, Torianna, Miriam

Shallows Edge Pack Thread
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.

Shallows Edge Pack Thread

This is the Pack Interaction Thread for the Shallows Edge pack. This thread is open to all Shallows Edge wolves. The location of this thread is outside the pack den. Because this is a Pack thread, it cannot be archived or removed for inactivity. This serves as a place for basic and general social gathering. However, it will not serve as a place for pack meetings or threads with a specific purpose. For more information, please see THIS informational thread.

Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
Mid-Morning, Mostly Sunny, -19°F (-28°C)

Despite the sun being out, the day was cold. There was a brisk bite in the air that caused the girl to linger near that den. She was sprawled out trying to catch what rays she could. Sure, there was plenty of other things she could - or should - be doing. Like trying her hand at hunting or doing some border patrols.

But she could hold off on those things. Maybe wait until the night was upon them then drag Plant Boy (@Sachiel) with her for a work adventure. That was if he wasn't somewhere wasting all his energy right now. The thought of him running about like crazy crossed her mind and without a moment to go to waste laughter bubbled forth from her, tail thumping against the cold earth.
[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
<3

It was true Askan had expectations, but he wasn't a slave driver. He wasn't going to throw a pissy fit every time he caught someone napping, not only did that sound like a lot of work but that wasn't the sort of climate he wanted his pack to have. Productive, efficient, but still home.

So when he found Hawthorne sprawled out like a snake soaking up the sun, he had no intentions of ducking her in the lake, or tossing her off the falls.Instead, he offered her a 'boof' in greeting as he approached, head held high. A spitting image of his Father.

"What's so funny?"He asked, with a curious tilt of his head.

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
She rolled onto her belly when the sound of Askan reached her ears. A lazy grin was still spread across her face from her laughing. "Oh, well," Hawthorne couldn't stop the cheeky smile as she thought about how to share her thoughts without sounding a little crazy. Which would likely be impossible. "I was imagining Plant Boy running around all crazy and stuff. Working his tail off." Maybe Askan wouldn't find it as funny but if he had seen what was in her imagination then she was positive he would have laughed too!

"I was thinkin'." She hummed softly as she looked up at her alpha from the ground. "How would ya feel if I took maybe like a night shift?" Her tail swept back and forth a few times. Sure she wasn't old enough to really snag a role yet but she liked helping out. On top of that, she was always so restless when the night came. A patrol or small hunt would surely be enough to put her to bed! Win-win for everyone, right?
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

"Plant boy?"

Who was that? Askan racked his mind, wondering just who she was referring to. Then it dawned on him, she had to be speaking about Sachiel. As far as he was aware, he was the only other pup in these parts...and he was a boy. As for the plant part, he didn't know the kid well enough to confirm or deny it.

"You mean Sachiel? Yeah, I'm having a hard time imagining that."He said, with an amused snort.

As for her proposal, it earned Hawthorne another head tilt. Night shift huh? What was she up to? That sneaky sneak.

"I'd be okay with it."He began, speaking slowly and maintaining eye contact."Assuming you get some sleep and try not to be too sneaky. Think you can mange that? Be honest."

Admittedly, he was a little concerned for her safety, but she was a smart girl. She knew that help was never far if she needed it.

Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
Hawthorne expected her friend and leader to know who Plant Boy was, even if he really shouldn't. She just sort of figured that was his name to everyone. It wasn't like she ever heard his name out loud. The exchanges between them usually involved you, we, and me - which left no needed room for names.

Sachiel?

She tried to hide back her shock at such a name. It wasn't bad or anything - hell, she was named after a plant! - but it certainly didn't seem fitting to him. Sachiel seemed so professional and grown-up. Her friend could certainly be serious sometimes but not as serious as the name sounded. "Sachiel, eh?" She tested the name out in a soft question before deciding Plant Boy was far better.

The Edge child let him finish his part before she got up to offer a submissive lick to his chin if allowed. "I know I can manage that. Honest as can be." She stepped back to give them both their space again as a softer, less mischevious grin settled on her face. "Would you mind if I bring Sachiel along too? He's really helpful. Knows about plants!" She chimed shining some light on how he got his nickname. "He gave me this bark that tasted really bad but helped when I fell off a log."
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan didn't quite understand how she didn't know his name but...Kids were weird, it was best not to think too hard about it, lest he give himself a headache. Askan rumbled in approval as she licked at his chin. He wasn't the sort to demand this sort of thing, but shit it felt good when it was offered readily to him.

"As long as he wants to, he can come along too. If he says no though, respect his choice. Some people like to sleep at night, you know?"He didn't think Hawth was a bully but he imagined she could get a little stubborn at times. "He knows about plants too?"That seemed to be a running theme these days, wolves with medicinal knowledge.

"Well...Try and keep out of trouble, will you?"He told her, knowing full well she'd have a hard time doing that. Not that it was a problem, it was a part of her charm."And as always, if you see or smell anything out of the ordinary, make sure you let me or Reyes know. If we're not about then tell Remington, all right?"

Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
She nodded her head firmly. There wasn't a good chance she'd fully leave Plant Boy alone but if he really wasn't going to budge she'd let him be lame and sleep. Boring!

"Oh, uh, yeah. He said his dad told him 'bout some plants that supposedly help when you hurt yourself." Like that gross bark she had chewed on when she fell. Despite how much she had hated it the bark had certainly done what Plant Boy promised it would. Taken away the ouchs.

The young Edge wolf's head bobbed in agreence. She always did her best to stay out of trouble but that didn't mean she always did. After all, her and Plant Boy had stumbled across a bone hill and stolen bones as souvenirs. You know, after they heard a ruckus near by that hadn't come from either of them. "You guys know all that I know!" She chirped energetically. They didn't know everything but she tried her best to give the leading pair worry free summaries of her daily adventures.

"I'm gonna find something to eat. You're free to join." She rumbled kindly before bounding off into the sparse wooded area. Hawthorne wanted something fresh

-hawthorne exit-
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
hawwth <3 <3

Aside from the fact that he thought his parents didn't care or notice, Sachiel hadn't mentioned much about his family. As it turned out his Father was a healer of sorts, or at the very least knew about plants. Well, maybe he wasn't completely useless then if he'd passed on some knowledge to his kid. But still, if he came from the far south he should have realised Sachiel was missing by now. They were anything but far south.

"Lead the way then."Askan told her, his tail swishing behind him. A snack sounded good about now, but good company sounded even better.

Askan exit

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Askan has returned from his trip to OTB! Around midday, near the main den

It was good to be home.

Askan bowed down into a stretch, his tail wagging behind him. The southern borders seemed in fine order, as he'd taken the time to sniff and mark them on his way back. It seemed as though Gabe could hold the fort perfectly fine on his own. Not that Askan intended to leave anytime soon, but it was reassuring to know nonetheless.

Still, where was his welcoming party? Why wasn't he being showered with greetings and maybe a boop or two? Askan scowled as he glanced about, half tempted to announce himself so at least someone would come and greet him. That seemed a little self centred though, not to mention it would sort of send a mixed message. Make yourself busy, he'd told them...but also wait around on his beck and call.

Yeah, that didn't sound right at all. He'd wait and maybe take advantage of the quiet to grab a nap, before one of the kids got all up in his grill.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »