(See All?) Announcements
274 Users Online
Eros, Bing, Google

Shallows Edge Pack Thread
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan supposed Sachiel had a point, some effort was better than none. Still, he was glad that the pup wanted to remain, even after his dad had showed up, sniffing about and no doubt saying some heart wrenching shit. Did he ask Sachiel to return home with him? Did he want things to go back to the 'way they were', or had he accepted the fact that things had changed? That soft words couldn't undo months of-sort of-neglect?

"Ah shit."Askan hissed, a hint of mischievousness gleaming in his eyes. He turned and sneered, only to give Sachiel a-not so-rough shove with his bulky shoulder."I thought- hoped you were a gonner. Seems I'll have to deal with disappointment, yet again. "And then he broke out into the biggest, cheesiest smile he could manage, before he bumped into him again, gentler this time. Just to prove he was kidding.

"Come, lets go annoy Reyes."That was always a fun pastime, one that made him smile from ear to ear.

(This post was last modified: Jan 01, 2018, 12:48 AM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

The Edge Lord’s cheeky response earned a heavy eye roll from the youngster as his tongue poked through his lips. He bounced back from the playful shove and swatted at the older male, not aiming for anything in particular (or even attempting to make a landing). Although he had been apprehensive at first Sachiel was grateful that he had found the group of misfits in the north. Pumpkin Eyes wasn’t the only reason why he had stayed—the golden-eyed Selwyn was part of the reason as well. They had accepted the cub without hesitation and, for that, he would be forever grateful to the grumpy lump of coal. It was why he was so determined to do good and prove that he was of use to them. That he wasn’t replaceable.

At the male’s last comment Sachiel nodded eagerly and leapt to his paws, his tail wagging frantically behind him. Race ya to him! He chirped before taking off, following the other Edge Lord’s scent through the trees…Exit.

ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
@Reyes
I'm a reyan hoe okay. I admit it, what are you gonna do? Shame me?

Askan was done with the whole wandering thing for now, he had shit to do and a pack to watch out for. As tempting as it was to go chasing after Lach and kick down the door to his new crib Askan knew that Reyes wouldn't approve, and rightly so. He charged on through the woods, kicking up snow in his wake, not slowing until the frozen over Shallows came into sight. He huffed and he puffed as he shook the snow off his coat, he'd made the journey quicker than he'd anticipated.

Tilting his head skyward, Askan called out for his mate. A quick awoo that roughly translated into: 'get your fine arse over here' (if you read between the lines and pushed aside his usual crassness.) With that he settled down onto his launches, then... rather unceremoniously dumped himself on the floor like he'd been dropped from a great height.  What? He was tired, it had been a long day, he of all people deserved a rest, at least until his mate showed his handsome face then they could get to business.

(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2018, 01:46 AM by Askan.)
Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

Askan wasn’t the only tired wolf.  Being a single parent the only alpha keeping an eye on a handful of kids was hard work.  He sorta wondered about that, how they ended up with so many youngsters when he and his mate were not the kind of wolf he would classify as young at heart.  He’d been out on the other side of the Edge territory when the first leader reappeared, returning from his quick journey north to visit his bro.

Bro.

Oi vey, estaba enamorado de un idiota.

He smiled despite himself, dropping his leg back down and turning about, meeting Askan back in the pack den several minutes later.  He dropped next to his mate with a loud whump.  “Took you long enough.”

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

"That your way of saying you missed me?"Askan rumbled, scooting closer so that he could press himself against his mate's side. Any contact was good, but this was the best, full on smooshing with very little space between them.

He had planned to get up and do this properly, but whatever, he was tired and Reyes looked equally so. Leaning over, he nibbled at the scruff of his neck as his tail tapped at the floor... They hadn't even been apart all that long but it damn well felt like it. Coming home to this would always be the best part of a journey, even if the destination was heaven, or something equally as lovely.

Right, business, they were supposed to be talking. Not... canoodling.

"Hearthwood River is no longer."He told him, his words heavy and final."I ran into Inna,"he grumbled her name like it left a bitter taste "and she told me that Lach had moved the pack to the lake."

Played by Ace who has 510 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reyes

"Yeah, cabrón, that's my way of sayin' it."

Man, Askan really liked to pull on his teeth sometimes.

(And also, fuck business. The winter had gotten unexpectedly, unbearably cold, and there was little Reyes wanted more than to wiggle his plush body up against the younger alpha and share their warmth.)

A few paws were shoved beneath his mate's bulk, anything to keep himself a little warmer. The wolf wiggled closer, making the cuddle puddle all the closer. His tail wrapped around their wolf donut. Or try. He pressed his jaw against Askan's shoulders as he listened to his report. Moving. Huh. Ears rolled forward and back. "Wonder why he did that. Seems like a shitty time to leave your caches and move your pack, pups and all." He fixed Askan with a look. "We aren't doing that. And we can wait until the warm comes back before we visit, comprende?"

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan couldn't agree more. Weather like this was bound to make moving far more difficult than it had to be. Digging out caches in frozen soil sounded like a lot of hard work, not to mentioning pushing on through mounting snow to set up a perimeter. It had been cold when they'd set up shop in the Falls but not nearly bad as it was now. At least Lach had the numbers, more paws to put to work.

He wasn't entirely surprised that his mate didn't want to visit anytime soon. Gabriel wasn't from these parts, didn't like the cold, the snow or the rain. He was a summer boy through and through. It was part of his charm, Askan supposed, but at the very least he agreed not to visit till the snow began to thaw.

"Fine."Askan rumbled, giving his mate's nose a lick. "Just cause you asked so nicely. Don't get any ideas about bossing me about, okay?"

Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
Tonight her feet were tired. She had gone on a longer wandering than she'd meant, and it felt nice to curl up in the familiar shelter. Weariness keeping her thoughts quiet. She still didn't quite close her eyes.

Her day had started simply checking around their borders like she always did. Nothing out of place. It was further out she came across scents of a coyote pair and she'd followed them into the red forest. She supposed she'd followed them to make sure they had left, and weren't thieving. But really she had no idea what she would have done if she'd come across them. She wasn't itching for a fight. She was just... She didn't know a word that could describe what it was. She was only sure she wanted it gone.

Her silver tail gave a twitch. She had no room to complain. The pack was thriving, and she loved these woods. No one bothered her in the least. Maybe, it was all getting just a bit repetitive.
(This post was last modified: Feb 28, 2018, 08:39 PM by Remington.)
[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]
Played by becca who has 271 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hawthorne Selwyn
Early Morning, Overcast Clouds, 37.4 ° F, 3 ° C

Hawthorne didn't feel as comfortable slipping out of the pack territory as she had only days ago. The confrentation with the teritorial coyotes had left her feeling aggitated. Was she fearful? No. She marked the borders twice as much as usual to strength their presence. The Selwyn figured that maybe if she stepped up then others would notice and follow suit.

But there were times like now that she settled down on the earth to take a break from her feverish work ethic.

She was laying in front of the den in a manner that almost looked like she had been knocked over and never bothered to get up. The only sign that she maybe hadn't kneeled over and called it quits was the soft rising of her sides with each long-spaced breath. It was easy to become exhausted when worries gnawed on her mind at night and she ran her duties on overtime during the daytime. She just needed one little moment to recoup then she'd get back to business.

[Image: teamselwyn_1_by_marthypie-dcq9co9.png]
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

"Are you dead?" He asked, his tone as dry as sun scorched grass.

The corners of his lips ticked up into an amused smirk as his bright-almost too bright- gaze roamed over her form, watching and judging. She was clearly very much alive, but that begged the question why was she laying around as though she'd been dropped from the sky? He padded ever closer and gave her a firm nudge with the end of his snout. She smelled fine, so what was the problem? Was she just tired? If so there were better places to catch some shut eye, inside the den for example...

Askan & Reyes
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »