294 Users Online
Bing, Google

never saying sorry — Kingsfall 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 205 posts.
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
Dated around November 15th

Being followed by a light snow, she began to wonder if she should just turn around now. The idea was to see if she could find Ice, or figure out where he might have gone. It wasn't getting lost and frozen herself. A sigh fell from her lips, and she quickened her stride. Hearthwood had to be somewhere around here. Even now the memorized details she'd been given repeated in her mind. These trees had to be those sequoia ones. She just hadn't come across any other wolf scents to be sure if she needed to change direction. Could it just stop snowing?

Somehow hopeful this trip wouldn't be mealiness, she kept picking out landmarks to follow on her way back. She liked to think the guardian was here. He was just extending his stay for some reason or another. Though she never understood why he'd come here in the first place. He'd obliviously been hurt the last time. Was that it?

Deep in her heart she new it wasn't quite true. He had never stayed this long. She was sure he would have had someone send word to them so they didn't needlessly worry.

The flakes began to grow, and she had to keep shaking her head to get them off her nose and eyelashes. About to rest beneath a large evergreen, instead she stopped dead in her tracks, and squinted against the falling white flecks. Something had moved up to her right.

"Hey!" She barked, not wanting them to sneak away.

Played by Kai who has 786 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Once again she was out in the Kingswood having left Oksana to have a little fun for once. She knew she kept her daughter quite busy since her return but she had her reasons. She knew the day was coming that Oksana would leave home and she would need to be proficient at all of her skills. Inna didn't want to come across her daughter frozen in the snow because she hadn't prepared her for life on her own. What kind if either would she be then? She'd already failed the little Crow enough in her young life.

Inna was hunting and patrolling the forest against her better judgement but she was still a part of Hearthwood even if she didn't spend as much time there as she once had. It was for Oksana so she could he there for her daughter for as long as she remained with the river wolves.

She hadn't caught the dark figure through the trees she'd been so deep into her thoughts and her hunt. It was the sound of the couch that caught her attention and Inna mentally kicked herself. She stopped turning toward the female, “Is there something I can do for you?” She asked as she took a few steps toward yet to close the distance between them a little.

[Image: 2wrks2e.jpg]
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

Eyes focused, zooming on a bright orange stare in a dark face. Lila blinked, standing stock still as the stranger drew closer. Her body warned her she ought to back up, but her mind so now reason and she held her stance. The lady's word hadn't been harsh, but actually implying she might help her. Or at least try. There wasn't any hostility in her form, so why not?

Ears perked forward, confidently she strode in her direction. "Yes, are you of Hearthwood River?" If she wasn't then the girl was doubtful she could do much for her. But, as eyes drifted along dark lines she seemed healthy. That usually wasn't a sign of a loner. "I'm looking for a great, white-silver wolf named Ice." Might as well get straight to the point, she had no time to waste.

(This post was last modified: Dec 19, 2017, 03:08 PM by Lila.)
Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Coming across the dark female had been a little bit of a surprise but Inna remained polite. No point in scaring the girl off in case she might be in search of Heathwood. The Raven thought though it was best to ask and aide her as necessary. For all she knew directions were the only thing that was needed. She didn't run over to her but kept some distance to not seem so intimidating but she made her presence known.

She waited to see what she might be able to help the woman with. “Yes, I am from Hearthwood,” she confirmed when the woman asked. It was who the woman was looking for that the Raven found intriguing. “I have met Ice, he came to Hearthwood a few months ago to see my mother,” she replied, “Has he not returned to Oak Tree Bend?” Inna had become a little worried for the man, he'd been so kind to her that day. It wasn't something she would ever forget.

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

Lila may have walked a long way to get here, but she was antsy. It was so hard not to fidget from paw to paw in those quiet, long seconds. She was beyond eager for anything this lady would know. She certainly had her attention.

So, he had been here, and this wolf was Serach's niece. She could already tell that something was wrong. He wasn't here any more. There was an awful sinking in her gut. She realized how desirous she was about finding him. How she hadn't quite prepared herself for this part.

Why she had been asked a question and had heard it, she couldn't respond straight off. Blue eyes seemed to be staring at the bark of a tree, but she didn't see it. Could he be closer to the Bend than she thought? She didn't want to believe that. He had to be here. Now wasn't the time to crumble. She didn't want anyone to see her like that, even a stranger. With her throat tight, she cleared it, giving a shake of her head. Coming back to the present.

"No, he has not." The words slowly poured out, and she sought the bright eyes. Searching. "We haven't seen him since he left, about the end of summer." Yes, focus on the timeline, she told herself. One thing at a time. "When did he leave?" Had his stay been brief? Had he said where he was going? Lila pushed her lips together, not wishing to bombard her with all the questions in her mind. Besides she didn't seem like she'd withhold information.

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna remembered her visit with Ice quite well, it was shortly after her mother's death. She'd hated giving him the bad news and the look in his face when she had. They had talked and comforted each other until he'd finally left. She could tell he had been a good friend to her mother and most of all she remembered his eyes and how they reminded her of Risa's eyes.

The girl that stood in front of her was from Oak Tree Bend and she was looking for him. It was sad news to hear that Ice had not returned to the bend, perhaps he had taken the news worse than Inna had originally thought. The Raven sighed at this news her brows pinching together in worry.

She took another step toward the bend wolf before sitting back on her haunches. “I am sorry to hear he hasn't returned,” she stated first though she doubted it was much comfort. It seemed that Ice had come straight to Hearthwood when he left the bend. “He was here late summer and left the same day,” she explained before she paused orange gaze resting on the dark wolf in front of her. “There's something you should know that might help in your search for him. I met him at the border and had to give him some bad news.”

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila

The lady changed her expression and took a seat. But, Lila had long felt the dread. The real jab? He had come and gone in the same time frame. How could that be? She wanted to say. If it was true surely he would have been home, and she wouldn't be here in the first place. Sadness twined itself with frustration, lacing its way through her chest. She was looking at Inna, but only picturing him. No, no, no. But, she swallowed, and forced herself to release her captured breath. "Bad news?" What kind would drive him away? Had he tried to come home at all?

Inactive No Rank
Inna Baranski

Inna had say in order to deliver the news to this girl as she once had to Ice. Though it had been months since her mother's death it didn't make saying it or telling others any easier. She still missed Kisla dearly but if it helped the girl in front of her to find Ice then she had to tell her what she had told him that morning.

She took a deep breath before she began, she would need it. “When he came to the border that morning he was looking for my mother Kisla and I had to tell her that she had been killed by a cougar. He stayed for a time.and we talked about her, the kind of woman she was. He had seemed pretty upset by the news.” She looked down at her paws for a moment before bringing her orange gaze back to the girl, “He was very kind to me.” Had she know that would be the last anyone would see of him she would have gone after him punishment or no. He shouldn't have been left alone with his grief. “Can you do me a favor and tell those in the bend of my mother? I know she has family there I'm just not sure who. I had hoped Ice could tell them because I couldn't get away to do it myself at the time.”

(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2018, 10:47 PM by Inna.)

Inactive VI. Subordinate
Lila Aquila
Do you want to wrap it up in your post?

The young Aquila could not hide the distraught that twisted her dark face. Kisla wasn't anyone to her, not really. Just the fact she was Serach's sister, this lady's mother...Ice's friend pulled at the hole inside her. She didn't know what to say, having forced this woman to speak it over again. So Lila tried to adjust herself, to keep the overwhelming of failure back. That looked a lot like her staring at the ground in disappointment. An incredible sad kind she had thought wouldn't get a hold of her.

The mention of Ice's kindness she looked to the woman again, a ghost of a smile, but nothing else. She was probably trying to help more than she already had, but Lila wasn't sure she could. She only knew where Ice was not. But, she couldn't feel too sorry for herself. Inna had things a lot worse than her, at least losing a mother had to be. Lila wanted to see the silver lining, that at least she wasn't sure Ice was dead..

Given a request, and remembering her promise to her own mother her body straightened, and she put on a stoic mask. "Serach is her brother, and leader of the Bend. I'll let him know." Even if she didn't want to. She almost wished she could know who this Kisla was. With a plan of action she could focus on she was ready to get on the move. She paused for a moment. "I'm going to check with the Fields, just to be sure. But, thank you...for your help." If she saw Ice again Lila wanted to believe Inna would some how inform the Bend. It was with a bob of her head, she trotted off trying to let the news settle in her heart.