(See All?) Announcements
360 Users Online
Nadine, Google, Bing, Adora, Apollo

in the backdrop — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
For too long, she had hidden in the background of the pride. Anastasia stayed for Lachesis, for the sake of knowing that if she left again that everything would change once more. That one forgiving friend might run out of forgiveness if she did it again and she didn't want to do that. Ana wanted to be able to stay here and thrive but every turn she made, it seemed wrong. Everything continued to feel off and different, and her friend was so busy with his wife and his kids that she didn't want to bother him with every thought and feeling she had. Truthfully, Anastasia just clung to a picture that would never happen. A world where she could find love like he had since she didn't want to butt into what she had unintentionally created. If she hadn't left perhaps things would have been different but she wasn't interested in changing it. Lachesis had earned himself a spot of leadership, of confidence, a wife, two daughters and a pack that was loyal to him. Anastasia would not be selfish and she would continue to try, for what was life if she didn't? Wandering around Hearthwood River was something she did most often if only so that she could find someone that could show her more reasons to stay.
Played by Hero who has 120 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Lavender Stark

After the blue-eyed female joined the river wolves the little Stark had pestered her father about the strange woman. It was evident, even to the small tuft of pale fur, that the pair had history. Her father almost looked at the blue-eyed wolf like he looked at her mother, but not quite. Lavender had not gotten the chance to get to know the newcomer, for she spent most of her time exploring on her own or following one (or both) of her parents. But today was different. Today the green-eyed girl had caught scent of the small woman and followed her through the trees, her oversized paws treading as quietly as possible. The pale woman looked troubled, which only added to the girl’s growing curiosity. A frown graced her own features as she sidled up beside Anastasia, her tail wagging slowly in greeting. Hi! She chirped, her maw falling to the side as she shoved her nose in the dove’s face, her previous frown erased by a wide, goofy grin. 

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
There was an unbelievably harsh swallow as she heard the oncoming presence of another, even more so when she turned her head to look down and see one of Lachesis' kids. Or, it was easy to see that it was, rather. "Hello little one," she coos to the child, even though she was still rather broken up on the inside because children were something she had always reveled in. Their presence was always bright and cheerful, their personalities wild and their imaginations large. "What's your name? I'm Ana." Lucky for her, Ana was an easy name for them to say as well as remember. They didn't have to stumble over a million letters just to say hello or call for help. She expected that it was only a matter of time until his kids came to greet her and only a matter of time until they grew to an age where her feelings for Lachesis became more apparent. 
(This post was last modified: Dec 13, 2017, 07:09 PM by Anastasia.)

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive V. Yearling
Lavender Stark

The blue-eyed wolf before her was much softer in appearance than her father, who was a little rough around the edges. Instantly the girl felt calm and safe, her shoulders sagging as she kept her chartreuse gaze fixated on the older female. Ana, the woman introduced. Much easier than her full name, which was certainly a mouthful. I know that, she hummed with a teasing grin collapsing onto her pale features, her head twisting to the side as she studied the pale wolf. I’m Lavender, she added as a hasty introduction, her tail wagging frantically behind her as she spoke. Da talks about you sometimes, she tossed in with a lazy shrug as she flopped down on her hindquarters, her peridots never once wavering from the woman’s cerulean gaze. Wha’cha doin’? Hunting, patrolling—whatever it was Anastasia was doing Lavender wanted in, as there was only so much she could do around the dens. Otherwise she would stray over the borders and explore some of the neighbouring territories and possibly get into trouble.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
If she were to be quite honest with herself, Ana was a little scared of being in the presence of one of Lachesis' daughters. If only because she felt intimidated by the fact that she hadn't even been here when they were born nor had she been able to assist her friend through any of the big things. Though, he clearly hadn't needed her as he had done perfectly fine for himself after all. "Lavender... hello." Alright, so this wasn't the other one so she at least knew what to call this particular child of his now. Lavender. Though, when the child speaks up and informs her that Lachesis spoke of her from time to time she knew she should have felt that it was strange or odd, but she took it for what it was worth. They were friends and, she supposed, like an aunt to them if that was what she meant to be. "Good things, I hope?" One could assume since they were children it was all good things otherwise Lachesis would likely tell them time and time again that Anastasia had run off on him more times than she should have. "Me? Oh, just scouting the territory." She pauses and makes sure to take point in the little one before she forgets, "why? what're you doing?"

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive V. Yearling
Lavender Stark

Yes, silly, she chirped in response, as the idea of her father saying anything bad was absolutely preposterous, only good things! She didn’t even think it was possible that her dad could say something wrong, or bad. As she had pummelled him with questions about the pale newcomer her father had spoken fondly of her, expressing that they had travelled together to the Lore. That it was because of her that he found his way to the north—to the Kingswood. That he had been sad when she left, for he had not known what caused her departure. And that he was thrilled that she had returned and hoped she would remain, even if things were different.

But the girl didn’t share that, as her father had told her those things in confidence, and the little Stark dared not break her promise.

Scouting the territory. She nodded softly, her chartreuse gaze lingering on the older female. Lavender liked doing that, too, especially since getting over her irrational fear of leaving the Kingswood. How silly she had been! Looking for you! She giggled, her forepaws stamping excitedly along the ground. Do you mind if I join you?

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
In a slow manner, her feelings of uncertainty began to wash away and she could feel herself growing comfortable. As though this pack wasn't so bad and that she could learn to blend into them just as she had many others before. Sure, there was heartbreak buried at the root but it wasn't black, just a little less golden than it used to be. Anastasia could work around it, or so she would begin to tell herself. A chuckle flew through her dark lips as Lavender mentioned it was only good things and she knew that the moniker of 'silly' was quite accurate. It was rather silly of her to think that Lachesis would say anything bad about her. Just as she would never say bad of him. 

While Lavender had seemingly wanted to spend her time looking for Ana, the lady was looking for a reason to be. This was a good beginning, being here and having one of XIX's children at her side, and one that she wouldn't so easily dash away. "I don't mind at all, Lavender." She answered without hesitation for she would not, no matter who the question came from, deny anyone their interest in keeping her company. "I'm glad to have the company." A lot had changed in the Lore, from what she had so far seen, but perhaps getting to know the folks of her pack might welcome some new memories that weren't so shrouded in darkness. 

"So, tell me, what has your father taught you?" Or, rather, what hasn't he taught you?

Inactive V. Yearling
Lavender Stark

A careless smile unfolded across her delicate features, her tail swaying gently behind her as Anastasia agreed to her company. She wouldn’t have been opposed to scouting on her own, although she probably would have left the comfort of the towering cedars, but she was grateful that the blue-eyed dove had complied. The little Stark wanted to get to know her father’s oldest friend, especially since she had decided to make Hearthwood her home. There was not much the girl knew about her father’s backstory, for she knew that the older Stark did not grow up in the lands of Lore, so perhaps she could pry some information out of Anastasia.

Her ears twitched at the question, her nose canting toward the pale woman. Little bit of this, she started, her shoulders rolling in a dismissive manner, little bit of that. The youthful grin was now replaced with a cheekier one, a few of her ivory incisors showing. Some basic hunting stuff, plant stuff… she continued, her eyes rolling dramatically, boring stuff. Not all of it, but some of it was certainly boring. She was curious as to what the blue-eyed dove could teach her that her father couldn’t, or hadn’t yet.

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

This was in many ways quite strange. Her never-ending devotion to Lachesis had coursed in veins for years and now that she had succumbed to the idea that she wasn't in that limelight, she was adjusting in what was usually the worst way. It seemed odd to get over it by chatting with his children but in more ways than one, she felt like Lavender could have easily been a child of theirs. Inquisitive, playful and with all the bells and whistles that the two had shared together.

Can't all be boring, she bares mention for she had always enjoyed learning about healing and hunting strategies. Anastasia had mostly learned all there was to know when she had been a leader of Pitch Pine Trail so many eons ago. A time that would always be her favorite no matter what kind of present life she had currently. What do you want to learn, Lavender? Perhaps in the very least Anastasia could help to teach something that the girl was willing to participate in and not deem boring.

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2018, 03:25 AM by Anastasia.)