I've seen the rocks, where everyone gets lost — Quaking Vale 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
for @Niles
it's the closing hour, I don't wanna go
Morganna Archer

Morganna could only hope that Skoll was making a reasonable recovery. Castel was laid to rest and things were... functional, but she had never intended to stay forever. With snow blanketing the ground she knew they would need to move soon, or weather the winter here and that had never been the plan. She wasn't sure who would stay, but she had a good idea of who would leave without a question, and so she wanted to talk to Niles, and see what it was that he wanted.

She had crossed his trail and was closing in, his dark form just ahead. Morganna called out with a chuff, moving to give her brother a light bump to the shoulder in silent greeting.

Played by Grey who has 228 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
Encumbered by grief, Niles was but a shadow of his former self for now. He had been through this once before with the deaths of both of his parents, but that experience with the overwhelming sense of loss only made him slightly stronger. He had lost his mate, the one with whom he was supposed to build a family with, lead a pack with, and grow old with. Perhaps she wasn't the one (this, he constantly shook his head over whenever it came to mind, coming to him in intervals the way a tic would); he would heal that wound later, well after he had accepted that his little sprite was gone. She had changed him; and, that was more than enough for her to have accomplished the reasons why she had been needed on this earth.

Like any other dutiful Leader, he roamed the Vale from marker to marker, letting his feet drag him wherever they wanted to go but without direction. As long as the territory was free of rogues and other mischievous critters, all was fine - even if he wasn't.

A large ear swiveled to one side as his sister called out to him. He turned around to glance into that dark, familiar face, shoulders hunched and tail limp. He had been thinking about his next move, taking into account what was left of Quaking Vale that was his and finding that there was nothing to keep him tethered to what was once looked after by a band of friends and a cranky, old man that served as some sort of a mentor. He let out a low whine through his nose, his eyes searching her face and sides for clues as to why she had sought him out.
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2018, 04:36 AM by Niles.)
[Image: grey-autumn2014sigNILES.png]
we can say goodbye, just head home, but if we're going to be alone
Chimera is currently traveling with Niles and may hop into this IC thread!
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
There's a road that takes me home
Morganna Archer

Morganna managed an easy smile for Niles, her tail waving steady as she moved to walk alongside him, saving the pitying glances she was sure he was sick to death of by now. "I've been thinkin', it's time fer me ter go back west. We'd been lookin' around th' lagoon fer somewhere ter settle before I sent Attica ter get Celandine and Renier." She hadn't expected them to return with Maeve and Skoll as well. "Do yer want ter come with me? Start fresh?" It had to be better for him than moping amongst these brown slashed branches alone. She tucked her nose beneath his chin, attempting to lift his head. Sulking didn't suit a leader.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
"I've been thinkin'," Morganna easily fell into step, her movements pulling him along with her as she spoke, "it's time fer me ter go back west." Niles felt his heart fall into the pit of his stomach. He shook his head at first until the rest of her proposition sank into comprehension. Within moments, his shake seemed to turn into an inescapable tic, a compulsion to simply just shake.

"Do yer want ter come with me? Start fresh?"

The younger Archer-Lyall had to take several moments to collect himself, to shake off the idea that she, too, was abandoning him. He had to remember that Morganna was family - that family was all that Archers had in the end. The lump in his throat had a hard time going down as he swallowed, struggling to keep his emotions in check. After finally pulling his grey irises from the ground, he turned to look his sister in the face before lowering it to her jaw. He nodded. He had to. Without Morganna, all there was left of the Vale were ghosts - and, if she left him there, he would become one by choice...
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
baby I'm back now, feelin' how I used to feel
Morganna Archer

Morganna hadn't expected the news to go down well, but she hadn't been prepared for the shaking. She stepped in closer to lend her brother her shoulder, her warmth, anything to tether him to her on the physical plane and she waited. His eventual nod was all the confirmation she needed, a silent sigh heaving from her chest visibly while she glanced around at the trees that had sheltered her sibling for how long? She hadn't really delved too deep into the history of the place, having hit the ground running instead. "How'd this place start anyway? Was it you an' Castel an' Tikhon or were there others?" Maybe talking about before would help her brother to feel more grounded, or maybe he wouldn't talk at all. He had always been a bit like Greer when it came to words.

Inactive No Rank
Niles Archer Lyall
"Cas..." his tongue felt like it was in danger of being swallowed; speaking Castel's name was too hard. He had to let her know though. To save face, he dropped his gaze and focused instead on where he was placing his paws. "Castel... her friends." He sniffed as he tried to even remember them all, but failed at first and opted to start at the beginning. "When I ran from home when Mom and Dad died, I went to the blackberry patch," a part of him hoped that Morganna knew just where he was talking about, but it was a detail that held little significance to anyone other than Castel, "and she was there."

"Went North. Stayed with the Field wolves, met up with her friends..."

He stuck his tongue out to drag it over the front of his dried out nose even if it did little to bring back it's natural sheen. "I didn't like them." His head shook as if to disagree with his statement. His trembling ears fell back, "I stayed for her. Now they're all gone 'cept for me an' Tikhon. He tried, we both did, but it wasn't enough."
(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2018, 02:45 AM by Niles.)
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
baby i'm back now, feeling how i used to feel

Morganna didn't hold Niles' running against him, gods knew that she probably would have done the same in that situation - hadn't she done the same? Common sense would say crossing the country to a mythical land that may or may not still stand wasn't exactly the wisest of ideas, least of all when you knew you were pregnant. Delivering news of Elettra's passing was just an excuse. She had needed to get away. "Musta jus' missed yer at th' fields, we were about a day north'o there." She hadn't caught his scent when Percy was missing or Odin lost his eye, so it must have been after, when she was far too busy dealing with the sudden influx of Bend refugees and Craw's northern family. "We probably left th' north around th' same time, spring?"

That he had gone with wolves he didn't like didn't exactly surprise Morganna. Niles had never really been interested in rocking the boat. "Things don' always work out, th' Monadnock's gone too. We're still 'ere though. Doesn' mean we can't try again." She offered Niles a quirk of a smile, pushing her forehead into his neck playfully in an attempt to get him to perk up a little. There was still the future to look forward to, and she didn't want him to lose sight of it.

Morganna Archer