(See All?) Announcements
363 Users Online
Google, Nadine, Bing, Adora, Apollo

loving can mend your soul — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lake Worry. He liked the sound of claiming the southern lake as their own, for he frequented its shores just as often as he meandered along the river that cut through the Kingswood. Worrywart Cove. That earned a laugh from the stoic ghost, his features softening as he rolled his eyes in response. Askan would make fun of me forever if he called it that, he chuckled, his tail thumping on the ground beneath him. He already mentioned I looked a little grey… Aytigin too. Another eye roll came from the older Stark as an annoyed huff was exhaled through his nose. His nose sought out her fur once more as she spoke of her home before the Lore. The north had felt the most like home since he had arrived all those years ago… and it reminded him of his former home, too. Of the tundra where the reserve was placed. Of freedom. He couldn’t leave it behind—not yet. Not when they were the first to claim it.

He nodded, his smile widening once more. Lachesis was glad to hear that his second had had a change of heart and was eager to move the pack, for he had been the most outspoken against the idea in the past. But the guardian now knew that it was good for the pack. A clean slate. Which reminded him… He doesn’t want Inna to join us, he confessed, his voice softer than it had been before, just in case the raven was lurking nearby. He sighed, his ears sweeping back against his crown. I’m not sure I do either.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Tasha (Inactive) who has 328 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
'cause darling you're nothing but brave

She was glad to see him laughing, a soft snort of her own as she mentioned Askan. She hadn’t had a conversation with the man, at least not in detail. Aytigin and Askan both had mentioned him looking a little grey? She gave another soft snort. Hon, m’pretty sure ya were born a little grey… yer fur ain’t perfectly white. She had yet to meet a wolf that’s fur was… especially once you lived for a little – it was impossible to get all the dirt off. She gave his neck a soft nudge. They were all ready to leave this cursed place.

Then he brought up the topic of Inna… and Lilya frowned softly. She knew tensions were high, but Lilya made it a habit to see the best in those who joined their pack. Ah think there’s still somethin’ worth savin in her… m’not ready ta give up on her… but m’also not gonna question it if no one else’ll want ‘er around… it’s not fair ta anyone. The raven had lost her mother, and Lilya knew what that was like, particularly in the brutal manner that it had been for her. It took me over a year ta get back ta myself after Ah lost m’family… Ah know she’s been actin’ out… but Ah also don’t blame ‘er for it. She murmured to him.

[Image: 7N0QCvu.png][Image: lilyapix_by_euphoriclies-datc4vp.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

His eyes softened at her words, a faint smile tracing his dark lips. … m’not ready ta give up on her … Lachesis shared her thoughts but he did not know how else to help the raven. The only wolf that could save her was herself. There was nothing XIX, or the other river wolves, could do to help. Not anymore. But she would not be able to move past her grief if she did not accept the help that was given to her. Or, if she wasn’t willing to move forward. It had not only been toxic for herself (and her packmates) but for her daughter, who she had begun to drag down with her. Oksana had a bright future ahead of her, but he was beginning to worry that Inna would prevent her from blossoming into the wolf she was meant to be. We can’t help her anymore, he countered, his tone soft—sad—as he confessed his thoughts aloud. We’ve tried. Over and over again. We’ve tried. But she still thinks everyone is out to get her. I—I don’t know what else to do for her. He sighed, his shoulders sagging as he leaned into his mate’s tawny fur. This is something she needs to figure out on her own. I can’t make excuses for her behaviour anymore. Another sigh. He pressed his forehead into her fur, inhaling deeply in an attempt at calming himself down and soothing the troubled thoughts that thundered beneath his skull. I just want to find a place that feels like home again. Without any ghosts holding us back. Leaving Laddeus behind would break his heart but Lachesis would make sure to stay close, so he (and Lilya) could come back and visit.

Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys

She did understand where he was coming from, truly, but it didn’t make it any easier for her to accept that truth. She didn’t even think Inna liked her, but that did not affect the veteran’s heart. She’d grown soft, after seeing so many wolves die over pointless conflict… a part of her felt that if they kicked Inna out, it would taint the memories of the Hearthwood and their new home, like it would somehow bring bad karma on not just them but the woman herself. She’d already been through so much. Ah know… Ah wish there was more we could do… n’Ah think with time she’ll realize it in herself… doesn’t mean Ah’m ready ta give up on her. She understood, from a leader’s perspective, Inna could not stay.

As a mother, as someone who understood the pain she went through… Lilya wished she could.

Jus’ promise me if she does find ‘er way outta the hole she’s found ‘erself in… promise me you’ll let ‘er back… if she wants to come… That was the only thing she could ask. Of course, how does a wolf prove such a thing? She was not certain, but she needed those words to cling on to. She offered a soft nudge to his scruff, breathing in his scent for a second before she drew her head back. We’ll find a place ta call our own.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He offered his mate a soft smile. At least she saw potential in the raven. Lachesis no longer knew how to feel about the ebony Baranski. Their relationship would never be the same—not after everything had happened in Hearthwood. He truly wanted to believe that Inna would change for the better, but he would have to see it to believe it. As he’d mentioned to the raven before, trust needed to be earned. It was not something the ghost gave away so easily anymore—not after it had been trampled on so many times in the past.

However, at his wife’s words his lips tightened and his ears swept back against his grown. What example would that set? If he was to allow the raven a place amongst the river wolves after her absence… what would the others think? That they, too, could act out of rank and take some time to themselves to rectify their mistakes? It didn’t work like that. His gaze fell, returning to the trees surrounding them as his paws shuffled uncomfortably beneath him. I-I… I don’t know if I can promise that. I’m sorry, Val. He leaned into her fur as he spoke, a frown cutting deep into his troubled features.

Forgive me.

He did not want to make a promise he could not keep.

I hope so, the leader hummed, his tail swaying behind him slowly as he kept his gaze averted from her tawny features. 

fade with next few?
Inactive No Rank
Lilya Valrorys
@Lachesis - sounds good to me

A part of her should have expected the answer, because she knew what it would make him appear to be… and a part of her wished things could go back to the way they were, before Kisla died and before Inna started to go down a path that none of them could follow… it was a hard truth that she was still trying to learn. As a king, he could not allow her back into the ranks. As a queen, she shouldn’t… not when such a wolf could be a threat to her or her pack… but it was still something she could not put out of her heart.

Ah know. She murmured softly as he leaned into her fur, the conflict between what she wanted to do and what she knew she had to do floating in her eyes, tightening her chest… Somehow, she knew. She knew he had to do what was right for them, the rest of the pack… Ah was gon’ go find out what Lil or Lav were up ta if ya wanna join..? Perhaps get his mind off the worries she had just embedded in his brain… something she now felt herself feeling guilt over.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
archived <3
@Lilya

He was glad that she understood and did not resent him for being honest. It was not something he could answer now. As far as he was concerned Inna would never be a part of a pack he led. But it was possible that it could change, down the road. Only time would tell. And whether or not the raven Baranski made an effort to better herself. His tail twitched at his mate’s words and he gave a sharp, excited nod as an initial response. Of course, he cooed as he stepped away from her, his pear-coloured eyes glistening with mischief. He needed a distraction after their heavy conversation. Lachesis waited for his mate to lead the way before he bounded after word, nipping playfully at her heels to quicken her pace. He wondered if they’d be able to find both their children, as they had both gotten into the habit of exploring outside pack territory… Fade.