(See All?) Announcements
498 Users Online
Google, Bing

wishing things could be different — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She sighed heavily. The women would not go throwing her two cents into this but even she who had been an absent mother did not see her son as a pup stealer. It seemed like a slippery slope, though. Perhaps it was for the best she had settled in the north away from all of that. "I understand." She replied softly. He didn't deserve to be caught in the middle but there was nothing she could do but offer her support.

Her head gave a soft nod to his thanks. They had certainly had their ups and downs but at the end of the day, she appreciated him. What kind of friend would she be if she did not support him back?

A brow raised at his eager question before it settled down again. "Lenae, a very nice girl. Cyril, my son and the only male at the moment." She let out a quick soft chuckle. "And Cheedo, she's proved time and time again her loyalty lays with me." The small woman had been there for the birth of Cyril, stayed with them through the struggles of dwindling ranks and most of all she had followed Piety when the Queen decided to leave. There were no traces of Craw or Mittani where there might have once been. "Myself too but you already knew that."

It would be easy to find him now if she needed the supplies. Piety was well aware of where the Willows were. Even her son would be able to locate the place if there was an emergency. She would simply have to tell him to look for if such an issue arrised.

Her tail gave a few easy swipes against the snowy ground. "I'd like that." A soft smile broke her features. "I'm sure he'd love it if he hasn't seen it on one of his own adventures."

"How long can I keep your company? I don't want you getting in trouble." It was a mostly harmless question, really.

(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2018, 03:49 PM by Piety.)
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

It felt good to finally voice his worries and concerns to someone who was not involved in the southern pack conflict. Sure, Morganna had been there for him a lot recently, providing emotional support and offering advice when he had needed it, but Lorcan had always be cautious when spilling all to her. With Piety though, as far as he was aware, there was no risk of her going on a rampage should she not like something he mentioned. The agouti male's shoulders sagged as he released a sigh. He had joined Willow Ridge thinking it was someplace stable where he could start anew, away from all the drama in the north, and finally settle down. The longer he stayed though, and the more he found out, the more he realised how far that dream was from reality.

Therefore, when Piety made mention of settling down permanently nearby with her group of followers from Whitestone, Lorcan couldn't help but be curious and enquire. Russet ears perked up in interest as she listed off their names. A single brow rose as Piety informed him how her son, Cyril, was currently the only male in the group. The corners of his charcoal lips pulled upwards into a soft smile as the mother chuckled, though behind the expression Lorcan had begun to feel uncomfortable. A small group of females hidden away in the woods, with only a pup to protect them come Spring — their collective stench would prove irresistible to any lone males wandering around nearby. Lorcan pressed his ears back and visibly shuddered at the thought.

At the mention of Cheedo, the agouti male tipped his head expectantly. Though Lorcan had already formed his own opinion on the small female some time ago, he did not ignore Piety's praise of her. Whilst Lorcan had not trusted Cheedo from the beginning, it was obvious that her loyalty now lay with Piety, making her a trusted friend in the mother's eyes. Lorcan began to wander if he had perhaps been too harsh on the agouti woman due to the company she had kept at the time. Her close association with Mittani had caused him to instantly dislike Cheedo — but Mittani was gone, and she could not be blamed for Craw's departure since she had chosen to stay. "It's nice that she had the guts to stick around after all the trouble Mittani caused up north." Lorcan commented thoughtfully. "I think I may owe her an apology when I next see her..." He mused quietly, suddenly feeling guilty for how he had distrusted her in the past.

It was nice to see Piety smile. Lorcan was pleased that in some small way he had been able to make the female feel a little better and look forward to the future. It was the very reason he had travelled all the way down south in the first place, to check that she was okay and to offer support if she needed it. "I shall keep a look out then." Wraith might not have been around any longer, but that didn't mean that Piety and her son couldn't spend some quality family time together.

When Piety asked how long she could keep him away from the willows, Lorcan's brows rose, his expression hinting at his sudden awkwardness. It seemed as though she was enjoying his company and wished for their conversation to continue, but she also reminded him that it was a long journey back to the willows. Golden eyes glanced up through the trees towards the greying sky. It had taken him pretty much all day to travel out to the grove, so he would need to get a move on if he wished make it back to the pack before sunrise the next day. "You're right, I've probably stayed out here too long already. I suppose I should start heading back now..." He admitted, obviously a bit disappointed that he didn't have the luxury to stay and chat any longer. "It's been nice catching up though. Maybe you could send word once you've settled down?" Lorcan suggested with a hopeful smile.

It was only once she had agreed that Lorcan finally began to move away, giving a her a soft nuzzle to her shoulder in farewell.

~ Fade ~

# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together