365 Users Online
Eros, Bing, Nadine, Apollo, Google

when we return — Nightingale Palisade 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
leader dem 1/3 -- discussing pack roles ~

He offered her a half-smile, his ears sweeping forward. Even though they were discussing issues that would have never occurred in the past, standing among the trees with the blue-eyed dove felt as though he had stumbled back in time. It made him realize how much he had missed her. Lachesis had adapted in her absence, grown stronger and more confident, and knew that he was no longer the fragile boy she had fawned over. The roles, it seemed, were not reversed. Anastasia had always been softer, more timid, which was why he had been drawn to her in the first place. She was must calmer than the other feral wolves he’d encountered upon leaving the reserve.

Her words caused his chin to fall to the side, his brows narrowing gently. His smile, however, widened. Where do you feel most comfortable? Was there something in particular that interested her, or was she a jill-of-all-trades and wanted to be situated where she was going to be most needed? Anastasia had always wanted to do what was best for her packs; that had not changed during her time away. And for that he was thankful.

(This post was last modified: Feb 09, 2018, 05:44 AM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

There had been a lot of change between the two of them over the years and while it was obvious that if she had stayed things might be different, she was glad that they weren't. Anastasia wouldn't wish to go back in time and changes things because XIX was happy where he was and she didn't want to disrupt that. Hell, if she was asked to leave because it made Lilya uncomfortable then Ana would do so in a heartbeat. Just so long as they were happy, she could be happy.

Coming to the Driftwood, the pale dove simply wanted to show that she was trying. That she was wanting to give a real effort into the continuation of the pack and of their unity. No matter where they were, she wanted to be kept together now. I could become a Teacher, again, if that is needed. She laughs, then, realizing that it was so many years ago and she still had much the same aspirations, or I could become an Advisor. Or a scout? It sounded like a fun role to take on and she was lean and agile enough to make the long distances but truly she couldn't make the decision on her own. She wanted someone to choose for her. Someone that knew her better than anyone could.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
leader dem 2/3

A teacher. He’d nearly forgotten that she had acquired that role all those years ago. The corners of his mouth lifted as he recalled the memory. Back when things had been easier and he had been a stuttering, nervous wreck. When he wasn’t in charge of making decisions and leading a pack. He still doesn’t understand how he gone from Point A to Point B over the years, but a lot of that had been because of Anastasia. She had helped him growing stronger, both physically and mentally, even when she had not been present. There had been very few days where she hadn’t been on his mind. An advisor, he hummed, amusement dancing across his alabaster features, I think you’d be good at that. She had always advised him in the past; steering him in the right direction. It was definitely a role that he could see her holding in the future. 

Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

It had been a very long time since she had held any particular role for a pack but surely anything other than Teacher would be no different. Ana would hold it in high regards and do whatever felt necessary to keep the pack in good standing. Advisor would be a tough sell but one that she felt confident in if only because she had Lachesis to guide. It would be easy to step into this role (though, she'd need to get on level with Lilya which she still hadn't personally met yet...) and she was excited to branch further. If I had been older at the time Spectre had offered me a role, Advisor likely would have been my main choice. She laughs, ironic that she would come full circle to where she had wanted to be so many years ago. Anything you require of me currently? Anastasia would need to brush up on the ongoings of the prides that surrounded them but that would come in time.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
leader dem 3 / 3

He laughed at her words, the corners of his eyes crinkling in amusement. The china doll had made, and would make, an ideal teacher, but becoming an advisor was much more tailored to her talents. She had always carried a calm air around her, which made her a perfect candidate for the role of advisor. He just hoped that his mate would feel the same, as he wasn’t sure that the two had been properly acquainted yet. It was more than obvious that he and the Starklen were close, and he had never denied that they had history together, but things had changed. He could have fallen more in love with her, created a life with her, but she had disappeared. Just like Bastet and Capella, who had vanished shortly after things had gotten serious. Lilya had been the only one that stayed by his side, and been there for him when others weren’t. He wouldn’t change his life now, not even if it meant seeing where things could go with the dove. That ship had sailed a long time ago… nothing would bring it back. He just hoped that she would find the same happiness that he had, for his life with Lilya was more than he could have ever hoped for.

Lucky you, he jested, you get to pick your roles here.  He wanted Anastasia to be as comfortable as possible in Driftwood. To prevent her from disappearing again. Nothing right now, he responded as he stepped toward her, his nose flicking to the side as he motioned for her to follow. Join me for a walk? I can give you a tour on the way back to Driftwood?

(This post was last modified: Feb 09, 2018, 07:57 PM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

If there was a role specifically designed around her it'd have to do with keeping the peace and taking care of children. Advisor was a pretty close match-up. Anastasia had always been magnetized to young cubs and youth, and while there have been times in her history where she was so frustrated by their stages of acting out she always loved them. No matter what the dove always looked from their point of view and saw why they acted the way they did. Karpos had had every reason to be mad when Ana and Lach had left the Trail. Every right. She understood why he had run away from them but it didn't make her love him any less. In fact, it was yet another thing she should probably ask Lachesis about. There seemed so much she needed to really catch up on.

Even so, whent he lanky ghost moved forward (only to motion with his nose to follow) she felt a strange pull back to years ago. Those years where they had been inseparable and physically affectionate if only because of their close bond. As desperately as she wished for it all to come back now, she respected the changes that had been made in her absence. That sounds good, and beneficial to the role that she was soon to begin training for.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

The ghost flashed her another bright smile as he waited for her to step toward him; toward their home in Driftwood. He hoped his oldest friend would find solace in the mountain river, for he knew that returning to the lands of Lore had not been easy for her. Much had changed in her absence, making it difficult to adjust. It did not help that he had changed. He was no longer the timid wolf she had cared for all those months ago. He didn’t need her protection or coddling—not anymore. But that didn’t mean he no longer valued her friendship, for he would always cherish what they had. Nothing would change that.

Once she sidled up next to him Lachesis stepped away from the palisade and headed east, to the base of the mountain. There was a lot to cover on the way home… Fade, thread complete.